• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dec. 28th show...." and stuff....".

This keeps getting better.
It does everyone a great service to get some of the mud out of the water.

Fantastic Interview Gene and David! - That guy was odd to say the least.... I was surprised that David was so calm at the start.... Just waiting for the storm to start though lol

RE The video he mentioned about UFOs The Hidden Truth, I have a copy here on VHS and there is no mention of him on any of the credits/box/anything/anywhere/anyhow as far as I can see. Dont know if its the same one he was part of however ;)

So guys is this going to be a regular occurance? Perhaps you should have a section of the site dedicated to Win & Fail lol

I just got done listening to the podcast and want to thank Gene and David.Early this year I remember hearing Bill on another podcast with the same story he was telling the first 15 mins of this show.I recall thinking he was a good speaker and seemed credible to me.I was amazed how easily he was exposed as a fraud.I wish other show hosts would do even 25% of the digging Gene and David do.I could go on and on about how much this guy is pure fail but I won't waste my time on that.

As always,you guys rawk~​

Great show!!!

I think guys like this need a reality check from time to time...

I think you should look into getting fuckers like Steve Quayle and Michael Tsarion on the show. You need more guys on the show that seem to have all the answers but no evidence... and rip them a new one...

Wow. The calm demeanor of the questioning should have been a dead giveaway, but he walked right into it. At first I thought, ok, there could be a good explanation for not being able to find his name in one database. Two? Pretty unlikely. After that, it was just ridiculous. If this guy spent half as much time on legitimate research as he's obviously spent on false bravado and weaving his intricate and tangled web of fictitious credits, he might have something that was actually worth talking about. As it is, he is pathetic, at best. He's a perfect example of why knowledge is lagging in this field.

I think you should look into getting fuckers like Steve Quayle and Michael Tsarion on the show. You need more guys on the show that seem to have all the answers but no evidence... and rip them a new one...

Yes, would really like to hear Tsarion being interviewed by a healthy sceptic panel

Yes, would really like to hear Tsarion being interviewed by a healthy sceptic panel

I've actually been re-listening to Tsarion's stuff while I've been working this past week. At the same time I'm reading a book about tyrants throughout history. He's so far off the mark and makes so many completely unfounded assumptions (based mainly on homonyms) it's like bad comedy... only good.

He'd NEVER come on a show like the Pcast. He seems like the kinda guy who likes his ass where it is, rather than on the plate on which Gene and David would hand it to him.

I will admit that Tsarion is very entertaining.... but it is very scary to think that this douche bag actually believes what he is talking about...

I'm not sure this is a valid observation, but after having listened to nearly all the shows it seems to me that those who talk the fastest are the least credible. Think back to those shows over the last couple of years where the guest was talking so fast that our hosts could barely get a word in edgewise. Then listen to someone like Frank Warren (or Friedman or Dolan) who talk at a humane speed and actually have an interactive conversation wih Gene and David. It's a world of difference. To my mind, fast-talkers are automatically suspect.

P.S. I AM a bit biased. My daughter is the fastest talker in the world. When she talks to me on the phone I usually have no idea what she said. I have developed a measuring unit for talking named 'the Melissa.' I maintain from long and painful experience that no one in the world can talk faster than 'One Melissa.' We all talk at a fraction of that speed. I believe I talk at about one-half a Melissa when I am especially nervous or excited. My father, an Okie from Lawton, typically talked at 1/20th of a Melissa if you didn't count the pauses between words.

(Most of the following post is self-plagiarized from an earlier comment I made on the Eerie Radio forum about their pulling their Bill Knell episode.)

I don't recall hearing Bill Knell before the Paracast show, though I've listened to a few podcasts with less rigorous standards that feature many similar-sounding guests (Bill Knell may have been among them and his name simply never embedded itself in my memory).

I'm sure the prior buildup that a dyed-in-the-wool fraud was going to get a skewering colored my reaction to him during the Paracast episode and made me listen to him more carefully than I normally would have done, but even without that forewarning he displayed some rhetorical tricks that, to my mind, always make me distrust the speaker:

1) as some posters have already mentioned, a pat, rapidfire delivery that made it hard for anyone else to get a word in;

2) claims to inside knowledge (unlike untrained observers that you always see on TV and that constitute most peoples' impression of UFOs I was getting the real scoop from my dad's inside connections to military heroes, especially General Chuck Yeager... did I mention General Chuck Yeager? Oh yeah, probably you never did hear about his experience but I gave a little talk in his hometown and the people there all came up and talked to me and confirmed it);

3) too much self-assurance and having everything figured out (sometimes people come to me because they think they're having trouble with ghosts and I have to tell them they're having trouble with aliens. Or sometimes people come to me because they think they're alien abductees and I have to tell them they're having trouble with ghosts. What ya gotta understand is this, blah blah blah);

4) Frequent interjections of urbane chuckling, as if to say "What a crazy little world, huh? But I'm a sophisticated fellow and look upon it with an indulgent and avuncular smile";

5) too much self-aggrandizement (I've been published in several papers of record and consulted on several big budget Hollywood movies. Oh, well, I'm too modest to talk about it but since you bring it up the reason I'm not listed in the Internet Movie Database is that I refuse to take money for helping people out and that's why I'm not on the list...)

None of these observations are original with me, of course, and I'm sure everyone here is already aware of them; I just post them here as a refresher (and, I suppose, to hear myself talk).

Back