• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Debunk this orb!

Does anyone else see the brush at 29-30 seconds? Longish light wooden handle, lifted from the plate for just a split-sec? :) EDIT: Seriously, that's a brush!! Tell me I'm not kidding myself here...?

Wuut! Debunked Steve Lee of the Black Forest of Colorado and his ufo orbs!

Attachments

• Steve_Lee_Black_Forest_hoax_debunked.jpg
    Steve_Lee_Black_Forest_hoax_debunked.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 74
The person who shot the videos is actually named Steve Lee. He and his wife live in a log home in Black Forest, Colorado.

I seem to remember that I first heard about his experiences on the local (Denver) news. The Lees have also claimed that they've come home to the sound of an orchestra playing in their house and have seen other strange activity inside of their home.

I'm honestly not sure what to think. While different paranormal groups seemed to regularly investigate the area, I'm unsure of anything they personally witnessed. There's certainly no shortage of people who insist that the footage is a hoax. At the same time, I used to date a guy who lived not far from there. When I'd visit him, I would frequently have sudden electrical problems in my car. This happened with two different cars, including a brand new one I had bought while seeing him. He claimed there were odd things that happened in the woods surrounding his home. He was an architect and seemed like a very well-grounded and rational person, so he's not someone I feel would have flights of fancy.

The person who shot the videos is actually named Steve Lee. He and his wife live in a log home in Black Forest, Colorado.
Ahh, lol, that's good to get in order, it seems Chris pulled a Freudian slip on us, and I didn't notice it on Youtube, thanks, I'll edit my debunk-post :)

I seem to remember that I first heard about his experiences on the local (Denver) news. The Lees have also claimed that they've come home to the sound of an orchestra playing in their house and have seen other strange activity inside of their home.

I'm honestly not sure what to think.
After accepting the reality of it, if you agree it's a brush, I think you should know exactly what to think about Steve Lee!

Ahh, lol, that's good to get in order, it seems Chris pulled a Freudian slip on us, and I didn't notice seeing it on Youtube :)
I think it's just more of honest typo. I have a housemate named Dennis and a dog named Dylan, but I keep screwing up the two names. I keep fussing at Dennis to quit sniffing my butt, much to Dennis' consternation when he's quietly working in his office. Through no fault of his own, my mother now thinks Dennis is a total perv. I'm left with the conclusion that words and names will often trip when we need them, especially during those times it will cause maximum embarrassment.

After accepting the reality of it, if you agree it's a brush, I think you should know exactly what to think about Steve Lee!
What reality have I accepted? I've stated exactly what I think, which is that I honestly don't know what to think.

I meant, are you not sure it's a brush? You have not stated if you think it's a brush, you have just stated you don't know what to think ;)

So, do you see a brush, or not? :)

I meant, are you not sure it's a brush? You have not stated if you think it's a brush, you have just stated you don't know what you think ;)

Do you see a brush, or not?

I normally don't bother with trolls, but I'll clarify and simplify my statement even more for the good of the thread.

1. I agree that I think it looks like a brush.

2. Because I've lived in this approximate area for a Very Long Time, I know the area fairly well and have been following this story for about 13 or more years.

3. For that reason, I know that a Hollywood Special Effects technician named Williams had gone on record, saying that the light images would be extremely difficult to reproduce.

4. I also know that a thermal camera had been brought in by independent sources, which (allegedly) found something odd. Remember, there's more that's been going on in the area - and at at that residence - than is shown by this one famous video.

5. There have been others who insist that this is a hoax. I am uncertain if they were able to reproduce the hoax. I'd like to know if they, or anyone else, can reproduce this using 90s technology.

For these reasons, I'm honestly not sure what to think.

It really is that simple.

You're emotionally invested in this, I sensed that in your first reply, but I don't think you should call the messenger a troll. Sorry for the cockiness, but thank me later. You are free now, free from Steve Lee's Black Forest devilish orbs, be happy, love life!

About the technology: I don't see why any perceived limitations of 90ies technology are something we need to consider here. This is made with rather basic technology, but it's fairly well done. Yet, as soon as you see it, it's hard not to see it. Imo.

066-31072.eps.jpg

images

I truly wonder what you have to be smoking in order to take a statement as ambiguous as, "I'm honestly not sure what to think," and turn that into something emotional.

Trollololol. LOL.

I asked you if you saw the brush and if so, what that made you think? I picked up on your non-reply which was defensive, you got pissed off, very simple.

You took umbrage when I said, "I honestly don't know what to think." I don't know how many different times I will need to say the exact same thing, especially as I went on to explain why I'm ambiguous about this.

You're trying to set up straw man arguments about things I've never claimed, all in some pathetically desperate attempt to win an argument with someone who isn't arguing about anything.

My ambiguity has very little to do with Steve Lee's credibility. He may speak with a forked tongue for all I know, but this doesn't change the credibility of someone who has a history in Hollywood special effects, who said that the lighting of these orbs would be very difficult to reproduce (using early 90s' technology). It also has a bit to do with having spent years living near that area and knowing people who have experienced strange events nearby. I can point to valid arguments on both sides. Therefore, "I honestly don't know what to think."

Today's word is "ambiguity". Learn it - and please quit trying to throw me onto a side I was never on in the first place.

I've been trying to find this for a while now and I have eventually. This is the piece that Biedny said was totally legit and I thought that too. It's also staggering evidence IMO for something weird happening.

What do you think?
Well ... OK ... I'll take on the debunking challenge. The footage was supposedly taken in Black Forest Colorado. It is of a small bright flying object at close range. The details on the security camera specs are not available, but older security cameras tend to have a slower frame rate that can result in these blurry images of moving objects. In this case the likely culprit is a firefly. Consider this posting on a firefly sighting web page:
June 21, 2009: A reader reports: Tonight, while sitting in my hot tub outside in the dark I saw fireflies for the first time. We are located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, towards the area known as the Black Forest which is higher and cooler than the city proper. I have lived in Colorado most of my life and have never seen them locally before. Very happy to see them!
Sorry it took so long for me to get to this one.

RenaisanceLady, the topic here is completely unambiguous, and it's definitely not about ambiguity. We are down to very concrete stuff here.

Well ... OK ... I'll take on the debunking challenge. The footage was supposedly taken in Black Forest Colorado. It is of a small bright flying object at close range. The details on the security camera specs are not available, but older security cameras tend to have a slower frame rate that can result in these blurry images of moving objects. In this case the likely culprit is a firefly. Consider this posting on a firefly sighting web page:
Good thinking, I do remember seeing other similar firefly videoes.

isn't that a lot of fluorescence though for a firefly? I still don't think its an orb but with all that glow I would be more apt to think somebody stuck a bunch of a phosphorus or magnesium type substance (maybe even that stuff that mushrooms emit foxfire) at the end of a stick (or paintbrush) and was having a prank.

isn't that a lot of fluorescence though for a firefly? I still don't think its an orb but with all that glow I would be more apt to think somebody stuck a bunch of a phosphorus or magnesium type substance at the end of a stick (or paintbrush) and was having a prank.

That was my first thought as well. However I don't see any supporting stick or wire in the video. If there were, it should have been illuminated by the light. The object appears to be free floating and under it's own power. Therefore although a hoax is possible, it would be a little more complicated than simply catching a random video of a firefly. So given the presence of fireflies in the area, I reverted to Ockham's Razor. The apparent brightness can be explained by the low light sensitivity camera. And I've seen videos of some pretty bright fireflies. Of course either one of us could still be right or wrong. But supernatural? I don't think so. Noctural Light UFO ( orb ) Doubtful. Firefly? Fits the description nicely. If it is a hoax, it could have even been captured and brought inside and videotaped on purpose.

Back