• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Debunk this orb!

Ok, I'll try to debunk it :)

We are seeing heavily edited footage. Why so short?

There are two sections, one of approaching 'orbs', one of closeups of some plasma-like substance. Without the first section, the second one would be much less spectacular. The first section makes us consider something UFO-ish and sets the tone for the second section.

I think the first section has some glare behind the trailing light, something that makes me think the flying orbs could be projected on glass. If the background is shot in focus and the foreground (glassplate) is blurry, it could make more mondane lightsources (e.g. sooty candles) look like 'craft' in the reflection.

The second section is less spectacular imo, it looks more like an experiment of some kind. It could be molten glass held on a dark stick, wagging it back and forth and up and down in slight slo-mo makes the hot glass drip, or act like molten lava, - or like plasma! Or, it could be other heated and molten materials.

Debunked? :D

Jimi, I don't think you've debunked it. If it isn't a hoax and they're trying to promote their haunting some way (say someone filming with a reduced shutter speed or some other trick), then I'm not sure what they can be. I can't really find any sort of research into it.

Inasmuch as I am usually willing to consider a paranormal explaination I'm with Jimi on this one. Having no background in this field and admitting thete may be a simple explaination here i have to wonder how the videographer was able to pull in so tight to get that last close-up of something that would seem to be unpredictable in its movements.is it just a close-up enhancement of what was initially filmed? If so, that means that any part of the sequence could be called under question of its reality could it not?

It's the Stan Lee case from the Black Forest area of CO about 1o miles north of COSpgs. This surveillance camera footage was originally aired on the TV show Sightings.
Its a head-scratcher of a case, I still don't know what to make of it. It featured all sorts of weird, disconnected haunted-style phenomena, UFOs and apparent interest by spooky types including the late Gordon Novell whom Lee found climbing up the power pole outside of his property at the height of the weirdness. Go figure.

Edit by Goggs
It's Steve I think Chris, Steve Lee. Looks like a rabble extra from Southpark!

Ok, I'll try to debunk it :)

We are seeing heavily edited footage. Why so short?

There are two sections, one of approaching 'orbs', one of closeups of some plasma-like substance. Without the first section, the second one would be much less spectacular. The first section makes us consider something UFO-ish and sets the tone for the second section.

I think the first section has some glare behind the trailing light, something that makes me think the flying orbs could be projected on glass. If the background is shot in focus and the foreground (glassplate) is blurry, it could make more mondane lightsources (e.g. sooty candles) look like 'craft' in the reflection.

The second section is less spectacular imo, it looks more like an experiment of some kind. (Or, it looks like Ray Stanford's red blobs!) It could be molten glass held on a dark stick, wagging it back and forth and up and down in slight slo-mo makes the hot glass drip, or act like molten lava, - or like plasma! Or, it could be other heated and molten materials.

Debunked? :D

Spanish Castle Magic...

It's part of much more footage Jimi, it's just that I've been searching for this footage for ages and this is the first clip I found. There is much more.

Largely based on my own personal experiences I would say this is a discarnate entity/consciousness/soul/whatever your preference, taking a look around.

Why it decided to manifest in such a way I have no idea. Maybe it was well aware it was being filmed and wanted to make it known to us that it was aware.

It looks solid, plasma-like and moves with intention. Very interesting. I have to agree though, I would really love to see additional footage. It's strange that they were able to capture such clear, close up footage and the clip is very short so maybe there is more to it (or maybe there is more footage that is compelling and worth watching).

I also notice that the part where it glides slowly then abruptly change direction to head downward has some odd nuances to it. I got the impression of the object flipping or reeling back, but upon closer inspection it almost looks like the full orb shape breaks apart just before darting away (almost like it breaks down, flattening itself a little into smaller tendrils then speeds downward - maybe reforming)? If that is the case, then it seems like that would hint at an object that doesn't have or doesn't need to maintain a constant corporeal shape.

It's the Stan Lee case from the Black Forest area of CO about 1o miles north of COSpgs. This surveillance camera footage was originally aired on the TV show Sightings.
Its a head-scratcher of a case, I still don't know what to make of it. It featured all sorts of weird, disconnected haunted-style phenomena, UFOs and apparent interest by spooky types including the late Gordon Novell whom Lee found climbing up the power pole outside of his property at the height of the weirdness. Go figure.

Thanks for sharing info on the case, Chris. It sounds familiar. I'm going to go check it out because this has me intrigued. :)

Nice anecdotes there, I'd never heard about the case before!

Edit: Ok, Steve Lee, not Stan Lee :)

I'd like to expand on the glass plate theory:

Part one: In the first part with the flying objects, it appears like there are two flying things in tandem. But it looks like it's actually a reflection of a single 'craft', correct? Is this a reflection from the event, or caused by poor image quality after numerous conversions, perhaps it's recorded off an old VHS tape? Any idea?

Part two: Imagine the camera is recording upwards, filming through a glass plate. Imagine someone grabbing a paintbrush, or an old-styled round broom, and dipping it in a thick flourescent liquid, then playing it across the glassplates a few times. The part where the blob kinda spins and goes downwards looks exactly like the flick of the wrist of someone painting, or sweeping.

I don't know if I believe my own debunking 100%, but I'd consider it a very real possibility. I could also see Stan Lee having fun with that, and it wouldn't hurt his image among his fans.

I'll try to see if I can find the other footage, sounds interesting.

I'd like to expand on the glass plate theory: In the first part with the flying objects, it appears like there are two flying things in tandem. But it looks like it's actually a reflection of a single 'craft', correct? Is this a reflection from the event, or caused by poor image quality after numerous conversions, perhaps it's recorded off an old VHS tape. Any idea?

Part two: Imagine the camera is recording upwards, filimg through a glassplate. Imagine someone grabbing a paintbrush, or rather an old-school broom (witch-style) and dipping it in a thick flourescent liquid, then playing it across the glassplates a few times. The part where the blob kinda spins and goes downwards looks exactly like the flick of the wrist of someone painting the glassplate.

I don't know if believe my own debunking 100%, but I do think it's a very real possibility. I could also see Stan Lee having fun with that, and it wouldn't hurt his image among his fans.

Excelsior!

Back