• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dark Matters RETURNS!

Yeah, it seems they are not downloadable which is unfortunate as it's great for when you are driving, and as they use a Flash style player it is not compatible with the iPhone. :(

Yeah, it seems they are not downloadable which is unfortunate as it's great for when you are driving, and as they use a Flash style player it is not compatible with the iPhone. :(

Yes, we have been busy eliminating as much Flash content as possible on our own sites, although we are stuck with some of it with a few banner ads and odds and ends.

I don't know that Don has full control over that, but he ought to try to influence the matter in some fashion, as it'll only get a larger audience. You can't believe how many people use the iPhone these days.

I completely agree Gene. I actually have the new Itouch 3G and listened again to 3 archived Paracast shows at work last night.

Yes, we have been busy eliminating as much Flash content as possible on our own sites, although we are stuck with some of it with a few banner ads and odds and ends.

I don't know that Don has full control over that, but he ought to try to influence the matter in some fashion, as it'll only get a larger audience. You can't believe how many people use the iPhone these days.

Hi Guys. I presently have a call into CyberstationUSA and will inquire about that issue. Gene, you are correct as I have no control over how the content is presented. Whatever I find out I will relay here asap.

Don

Thanks Don! It likely wouldn't hurt to see if there is some way to modify procedures to get the archived shows up sooner if possible and maybe even improve the archived listings page to be more clear as well. Every single Dark Matters current week episode link on the page seems to point to the first episode no matter which day the listing says it is for. Like, even if they just disabled the player if there is no mp3 file to play or something would likely make the page a little more user friendly.

I'd like to add another request for mp3s that we can download. I listen to all the Dark Matters files (as well as the Paracast episodes) in my car via a flash drive.
Thanks for all your work Don!

Yeah, I am like you, I exclusively listen to it in the car as it seems to be the only sanctuary of sort where I can pay attention.

Good morning all! Well week # 1 is in the "can" so to speak. I will be updating the Dark Matters blog site with this coming weeks shows and guests. Now a request ... I am going to speak to Gene and David this afternoon about appearing as my guests this week ... so nudge them and tell them how much you would like to hear them on the show! :)

Monday I have on retired Lt. Colonel Paul Smith from the Govt. Remote Viewing program. We are going to hit all the "in's and outs" of RVing that he was involved with.

Tuesday I am going to host Rebecca Fearing. Don't know her? Well I met her via my first guest this past week ... Ms. Rene Barnett. Rene was our managing editor at UFO Magazine when Vicki and I were publishing and Rene is not only a long time friend but also now producing TV and films. She is behind Bloodlines and when she told me about Rebecca I called her. You see, Rebecca is a psychic according to Rene, and is "scary" accurate. Now, I am not willing to dismiss anything out of hand until I get a chance to take a look at it. (Hell, that is what caused me to investigate the so called "Highgate Vampire case") I called Rebecca up and roughly 45 minutes later I not only wanted her on the program, but she had me very emotional. You see ... ah geeze, I will save it for the show!

I want, if possible to get Gene and David on hopefully Weds. and explore their show, here at the Paracast, past shows they've done and of course past guests, and what they see coming down the ol' paranormal road. It should be a real "barn-burner!"

So, at any rate all, hope you get a chance to tune in! Until I get the capibility to take live calls we are taking emails to my Yahoo email account. During the show you can reach me at [email protected]. FYI

Decker

I'm sure lots of people know this already but a workaround [ on mac ] is to use Audio hijack to record the archived recordings and then convert them into mp3s via iTunes/Peak, etc, it's very clumsy and 'realtime' but it works.

If someone knows a better way to record and convert these please let us know.

Thanks Don! It likely wouldn't hurt to see if there is some way to modify procedures to get the archived shows up sooner if possible and maybe even improve the archived listings page to be more clear as well. Every single Dark Matters current week episode link on the page seems to point to the first episode no matter which day the listing says it is for. Like, even if they just disabled the player if there is no mp3 file to play or something would likely make the page a little more user friendly.

I'm having the same problem. Don, when you press the player, and it doesn't matter what day it is. The first show with your lady Friend is the only show that played.

I'm having the same problem. Don, when you press the player, and it doesn't matter what day it is. The first show with your lady Friend is the only show that played.

Hey Irish, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will jump on this ASAP.

Don

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Irish and All,

I just wrote the Exec. VP of CyberstationUSA, Mr. Jeremy Lacey and this is what he just told me.

"Don,

We have been in the process of upgrading our servers and thus were undable to for a couple of days to upload new shows into the archives. That changeover has completed and we are now in the process of uploading the shows to the proper day etc. They should all become accessible within a couple of hours from now. Chat soon. I would let your fans know on the Paracast that they will be completely uploaded shortly, today.

Jeremy"

So, it appears all should be well shortly. Thank you all for letting me know.

Don

Don it's great you are doing radio again!
I have heard a couple of shows so far, and had a good time listening to them!

One question though, what's the title of the song in the intro of the recent Rich Sarradet episode?

Keep on broadcasting the good quality shows!

Hey, first post! On to my point- Am I to understand the only available episodes are restricted to a week long archive?
http://www.dqrm.com/catalog1.htm is the link I am referring to. Is there somewhere else I can find the full archives from when the show re-started? Or am I just missing something on that page?
Thanks, love the show.

-Mike

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Oh there we go! I figured it out. I'm smart, I promise.

-Mike

Hey, first post! On to my point- Am I to understand the only available episodes are restricted to a week long archive?
http://www.dqrm.com/catalog1.htm is the link I am referring to. Is there somewhere else I can find the full archives from when the show re-started? Or am I just missing something on that page?
Thanks, love the show.

-Mike

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Oh there we go! I figured it out. I'm smart, I promise.

-Mike

Try this one. Dark Matters Radio

Decker

Decker, just listened to the STS48 show. Great show.

Any chance there will be a more expanded version of the Phobos story? It's one of the cases that intrigues me the most. Is there enough info, and enough informed individuals to fill 2 hours?

Just a thought.

Xylo,

The Phobos 2 case is now so old, it would be fairly tough to get anyone on who had 1st or 2nd hand info on it now. Marina Popovich is in Russia, Z. Sitchin is in the hospital, etc. Let me tuck this into my mind and see if down the road I can locate anyone now that would talk about the case.

Decker

Really love the show! My biggest problem is that I have exhausted all the archives :(

Don you might consider making a DVD chock full of tons of your older radio showsand make it available for purchase. I'd buy it in a second :)

Also, It might seem like Ryan and Ward are the only guys listening since they are the only ones who ever seem to call in, but I'm sure a lot of people out there are like myself and enjoy the show but prefer not to talk on the air.

Back