• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dark Matters Radio Returns

Two quick questions, Don; 1. will you be uploading them to iTunes to pull off as podcasts, again, and 2. how frequent will you be able to kick episodes out to the Internet world?

Thanks!

Two quick questions, Don; 1. will you be uploading them to iTunes to pull off as podcasts, again, and 2. how frequent will you be able to kick episodes out to the Internet world?

Thanks!

Yes and at least Friday night and other shows as I do them.

Decker

Best of luck, Don, when are you going to have Darryl Anka/Bashar on?

Sent from my WallerPhone using ThatAintHappeningatalk

A very welcome return to the airwaves Don! - the only person who has a right to call their show 'Dark Matters' !

Thanks Goggs. However last week we had a relapse so the show did not run. After major efforts and the addition of a great buddy and computer guru we discovered that the major problems was my sound cards software which we solved yesterday. We are now a go ....

Decker

Thanks Goggs. However last week we had a relapse so the show did not run. After major efforts and the addition of a great buddy and computer guru we discovered that the major problems was my sound cards software which we solved yesterday. We are now a go ....

Decker

Someday I'll get up really early, especially so that I can at least once, listen live to a show, and maybe even call in! Come to think about calling in, anyone heard from Ward at all? I don't think I've seen him around the Paracast Forum in quite a while. Don? You would definitely be in contact with Dana sooner than I - do you know if he is around and ok etc?

Attention DMR Fans … Tonight, October 1st a brand new DMR airs at 10:00 PM Pacific Time. This show is the last interview I conducted with Dwight Schultz that has never aired on DMR! This was just after I left active UFO research but my God! Listening to it I could have done it today! In it we discuss what is wrong with UFO research and why it is mired in the mud. Tomorrow Rich Sarradet and I will be back LIVE on open-lines Friday with a brand new show and your telephone calls! Only on CyberstationUSA. Go to www.dqrm.com and we will see you on the radio …

B-DAY01.JPG

Decker

YES!

plRXroy.jpg

Very glad to learn DMR is airing again some "blast from the past". ;) I can't call because I'm far out from the USA but I'll definitely download and listen to the show!

Attention DMR Fans … Tonight, October 1st a brand new DMR airs at 10:00 PM Pacific Time. This show is the last interview I conducted with Dwight Schultz that has never aired on DMR! This was just after I left active UFO research but my God! Listening to it I could have done it today! In it we discuss what is wrong with UFO research and why it is mired in the mud. Tomorrow Rich Sarradet and I will be back LIVE on open-lines Friday with a brand new show and your telephone calls! Only on CyberstationUSA. Go to www.dqrm.com and we will see you on the radio …

B-DAY01.JPG

Decker
I just listened to the Dwight Schultz episode. It is just like you stated Don, a person hangs out their shingle and they automatically become a ufo expert. I agreed with most points that you and Dwight made. I wonder about one topic. There sure seems to be an awful lot of people trying to make a career and some money off the ufo field. Are they succeeding or are they in it just for the attention?

Last edited:
Nice show Don. :) I can certainly imagine your disappointment and tiredness about the world of ufology after 20 years dealing with frauds, liars and debunkers, and your desire to quit the field when you've been genuinely interested in ufos but had to continously deal with its toxic world. I feel BS has become more and more present in ufology, though frauds were already present in the early days of ufology (50's), and that today ufology is a pretty nice mess with about everything or theory you can find, anyone pushing or promoting his own agenda or books, so that you need to check almost everything twice (if you're not paranoid that may make you become one!). There hardly seems to be genuine scientific investigations going on out there, but mostly endless talking about who or what is BS or debating another new theory or sideways issues like AFOSI, men in black, cover-up issue, exopolitics... Some of it may be useful (like exposing frauds) and entertaining but it hardly makes any real progress in understanding what ufos are, just keeping the head out of the water or people being entertained with paranormal subjects.

I feel what we need is to come back to some real scientific investigations to gather some solid data and evidence that could be put forward to get some independant scientists and experts or even public institutions to investigate seriously the phenomenom (nevermind that Condon study joke). It doesn't preclude what could be found nor if answers could be provided soon but we have to do with what we have anyway.

I just listened to the Dwight Schultz episode. It is just like you stated Don, a person hangs out their shingle and they automatically become a ufo expert. I agreed with most points that you and Dwight made. I wonder about one topic. There sure seems to be an awful lot of people trying to make a career and some money off the ufo field. Are they succeeding or are they in it just for the attention?

I could only speculate on why someone enters this field to try to make a "career" out of it. Unless you are willing to totally sell yourself out, I would suggest it is pretty darn hard to "make a lot of money" from it. However, except for only a couple of people I know, it is impossible to make much money from UFOs. And, let me say this ... if done honestly there is not one damn thing wrong with writing a book, lectures or any other thing which helps pay the bills. I have heard that mantra ... "oh, he is only in it for the money" bull shit. Do doctors make money by what they do? Do teachers, writers, store clerks, ditch diggers make money? Sure they do, our culture is built around jobs and making money. But remember what I stated ... doing it honestly. There is a lot of difference between investigating a case, writing a book or whatever ... or claiming you flew jets for the Air Force out of a secret base in Utah and your job was chasing UFOs ... or you were on a secret briefing team for the U.S. Military and saw all the cosmic secrets of the "secret government". Do ya follow .... ?

Decker

Great to have you back Don - it's been far too quiet..

Just wondered whether yourself and Dwight are still in contact & also, further to that, if he is still as intrigued by the whole UFO thing as you (and we) evidently are..?

Cheers,

Dave.

Great to have you back Don - it's been far too quiet..
Just wondered whether yourself and Dwight are still in contact & also, further to that, if he is still as intrigued by the whole UFO thing as you (and we) evidently are..?
Cheers,
Dave.

Dwight Schultz went a different way after that last interview. He always had a very strong interest in politics and that is what he does when not doing voice acting or whatever. I am sure he is still interested in "real investigations" of UFOs but we all know that is few and far between.

Decker

Hi Don, cheers for that - I was dimly aware that he went on to follow a political path.

He always struck me as a decent guy and listening back to the discussions involving the pair of you it does rather make one regret the fact that he's not still around to offer comment on today's 'issues'.

Actually, given the calibre ("caliber" for those of you to the other side of The Pond) of some of the more recent occurences in the murky world of UFO study **cough** slides **cough** he's probably well out of it.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, like I said before - good to have you & Richard back on air.

Cheers,

Dave.

Back