• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dark Matter is Dead - Long Live DMR!

more drama!
from arts restored FB..'
Hi,

I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:

"Free Art Bell from non-compete with Sirius XM satellite radio"
link removed by vesvehighfolk

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes just a few seconds of your time.

Thanks
Arts response;
You all will never know how much I feel for you for what you are doing in trying to support me
but I am going to ask you to stop. This will only make matters worse.

Here is the bottom line, this is a job I took only because of my love of Radio, not for the money,
heck 75K is not ever going to make me rich and if Sirius does not want me they sure will not take
me because their Web Site is messed... up, it will most likely just piss them off. That does not change
the love I fell for all of you for trying.

I still feel I was right in my decision to halt what I felt had no real way forward and would make the
same decision again today, I only took that decision after receiving a no to any further remedy.

Truly I do not understand why they would say no to me wanting a way to stream, then turn around and
replace me with Coast which is doing exactly what I wanted to do, maybe they we just pissed. Either way
thank you for what you are trying to to, I love you all, but please stop.

Art
soo Art after quiting was replaced by coast.. how much more drama can we take folks?

Facebook
$75K for a daily radio show on a service that reaches 25 million end users? Really? Sure, I realize Howard Stern's $500 million deal with Sirius was a once-in-a-lifetime deal, but I'd think Art Bell would have done better. In passing, his statement is only borderline coherent. Curious.

If he truly does not care about the money I suggest that he buys a skype connection, capture card, and a microphone. Do his show from the living room and release it for free online. The alternative community loves shit like that.

Alternatively he could have started a kickstarter, purchased top of the line podcasting tools, and had enough left over to dwarf 75k a year. Although I'm sure his backers would have been on pins and needles thinking he would pull yet another retirement stunt.

If he truly does not care about the money I suggest that he buys a skype connection, capture card, and a microphone. Do his show from the living room and release it for free online.

Never gonna happen. His piss-poor research and selection of guests proved to me that he was definitely not doing it for the 'love of radio'.

Art Bell will soon be streaming his show (still called "Dark Matter") from his website. In the meantime he will stream a variety of other shows.

I would love to see (hear) you guys on DMR. Is it possible? No matter your feelings regarding Art Bell, you all are great interviewers and don't take any shit. It would be great exposure for you! You also have great guests! Please consider....

I would love to see (hear) you guys on DMR. Is it possible? No matter your feelings regarding Art Bell, you all are great interviewers and don't take any shit. It would be great exposure for you! You also have great guests! Please consider....

I am not sure what you are asking Morgana. Do you mean on Bell's program? He would have to invite me and then be willing to answer me on the "air" why he is using my show name that I have had since 2004. Jus' saying ....

Decker

PS ... and if that is the case ... doubt it will EVER happen.

Last edited:
Hi Decker,

Oh wow! I'm sorry...I honestly didn't mean to offend. I was thinking of the Paracast not Dark Matters. I wasn't really even aware you owned that site or I wouldn't have stepped in it!

I wasn't asking anything really, just thinking out loud...and apparently offending as I go! Sorry about that!!

Last edited:
Well it is pretty much a dead issue now, but a few of my thoughts. Back in the 90s Art had excellent interview skills and a wonderful way with un-screened callers. He introduced paranormal topics to thousands with his show. Yes it was a shame the guest were not better screened, but there is a long list of important people and topics that got national exposure.

Art has been in broadcasting for a long time and understands the business well. I don't think he has been at his best for a number of years and personally feel he is the only one responsible for his present situation.

Art asked sirus to change the busness model. He did so all but knowing the answer would be no. He HAD to know that they would say no. The whole thing of his coming back has been to him a game.
1. On his 1st show he ripped clear channel
2. He had a public "falling out" with john houge
3.he accused C2C of banning or stealing his guest.
4.when he did not get what he wanted he quit. Like my new son..when he wants some thinghe let's us know! :(

Art asked sirus to change the busness model. He did so all but knowing the answer would be no. He HAD to know that they would say no. The whole thing of his coming back has been to him a game.

Yes, he had to know--which begs the question, why did he do it? I am surprised no one has suggested that he may have been strong-armed or blackmailed into silence. Think about it--if someone with secrets to hide, secrets they were afraid Bell was revealing, wanted him off the air, what would they do? They would scare him so badly that he would leave the air on some kind of crazy pretext.

I noticed in the last week of his show, Bell repeatedly emphasized his own cowardice. On the very "Spooky Matter" show where he put his ultimatum to Sirius, he repeatedly compared himself to the callers and noted how much braver they were than him for being willing to head back into a haunted room and that kind of thing. Clearly, he was sending a message--that his actions to follow at the end of the show were inspired by abject fear.

Also note how Bell came out publicly and begged his fans to stop trying to get him out of his noncompete and back on the air. Why would do that unless he (or, more likely, his family) was in danger?

Note that this would not be the first time Bell was forced off the air. Recall the Area 51 caller and the mysterious satellite blackout that knocked him off the air and disconnected the caller?

Now, what it could be that someone was so worried Bell had revealed/would reveal? I am not sure. Bell claims to own a piece of Roswell wreckage. In addition, I could see a powerful conspirator just fearing Art's influence as a general matter--trying to prevent the public's curiosity from reaching critical mass. Finally, you must be aware that Bell has deep ties to the occult underground due to his deceased wife having been a prominent witch and his many years immersed in the paranormal when he hosted Coast to Coast. He could've gotten on the bad side of many a sinister character and could have personal secrets he absolutely needs to hide.

Last edited:
As many know art and John Hoage had a public falling out here is Hoage on art Bell (very long But speaks much truth!)

JOHN HOGUE'S PUBLIC STATEMENT ABOUT DARK MATTER SIGNING OFF THE AIR

Although I've moved on, many readers are asking for a statement about Art Bell cancelling his contract with XM Radio and taking his Dark Matter show off the air today. Le...t this, therefore, be my statement:

I can't say I'm surprised. I predicted that if Art didn't redefine Dark Matter beyond some grudge against Coast to Coast AM, and those like myself who appear frequently on it, that the underlying negativity would work to take Dark Matter off the air before a year is out. I didn't realize the message meant before "this" year was out, but so be it.

Allow me to make two things clear, especially to any of you staunch Art Bell fans from his Facebook page who've been writing me and who still harbor raw feelings about my public falling out with Art Bell.

ONE: do not mistake my clarity as anger or aggression. Clarity can cut. My reviews about the 4th October show were sharp. The situation necessitated it in my view. The blade of clarity is ever cool, even if in the cutting it draws forth hot complaint from recipient and sycophant.

TWO: Let's get this clear, especially people writing me under a false assumption that I closed the door on doing future shows with Art Bell.

I did not shut the door on Art. Read my two articles.

See the review here:

http://www.hogueprophecy.com/2013/10/john-hogue-reviews-appearance-on-art-bell-dark-matter-show/)

And my response to his response, plus being unfriended, here:

http://www.hogueprophecy.com/2013/10/debt-ceiling-postponed-government-shutdown-ends-women-in-us-congress-take-charge-averting-debacle-as-hogue-predicted-art-bell-un-friends-hogue-on-his-facebook-page-over-dark-matter-criticized-hog/

I pointed out at the end of both articles how his show could thrive and that I was ready to return for a second interview.

Yet a few days later he slammed the door in cyberspace in my face by unfriending me on Facebook. Even then, I wrote that the door was open from my side.

So, if you want your complaints to be constructive about it, please write Art Bell and ask why he unfriended "me". Especially since the door is still open from my side. It will be hard for you to do this, because I hear he has cancelled his Dark Matter Facebook Page and basically shut the door in all of your faces. I don't think he did that to be rude. I just don't think he's up to speed yet about how the social media works.

I know my critique, and my followup to his letter were very hard on him. It was not easy to write it, but necessary. My intention was to use clarity to cut open to the healing air a negativity that had been growing between Art and me for a dozen years that crystalized on the 4 October show. It was time to expose that publicly. So the air could be cleared and we could establish new guidelines and boundaries for future interviews.

Secondly, it felt like time for a Coast to Coast guest to step up and encounter publicly Art's very public grudge against George Noory and by extension, anyone who appeared on Coast to Coast AM, like me.

Negative core premises have a way of undermining even objective agreements, such as the one Art had with XM Radio, his reason today for canceling the show. If XM is solely blamed, that would be an opportunity missed by Art Bell to empower himself. I feel his negative motivations are dis-empowering him.

When negative premises go unaddressed, we see things wrongly and make the wrong deals with the wrong partners.

Art Bell signing off on Dark Matter on XM Radio EXACTLY one month after our show on 4 October is a strange coincidence that at the very least has sadly vindicated my concern that this show had gotten off on the wrong foot with the wrong premise, the wrong radio provider and so it goes, fade to Dark Matter black.

I'm sorry it has happened, but good can now come from this. A false start need not be the end of Dark Matter. However, Art Bell's attitude must change.

He needs to let go of Coast to Coast AM. It is past history and he needs to move on to new horizons. If he can do that he will thrive. He needs to move forward into the future, create a better show, and stop being stuck in the grumpy old past.

I am open to such a future, and if Art can let go of the past and go forward, he'll always find me ready and able to be a guest on that show.

Sincerely,
John Hogue
(http://www.hogueprophecy.com/)

4 November 2013See More

Art Bell update:
Seems like time for a UPDATE. As many of you know I left Sirius/XM after a short stint because we were having serious problems with the streaming
service. They refused a offer to allow free streaming until it could be
fixed. They promptly replaced Dark Matter with Coast to Coast AM on the same channel (104). I could speculate here about why that was done but I will not. I felt it was not reasonabl...e to ask people to pay about $180.00 a Year to try and listen to a stream that so many complained was not working right.

At this point they have come and collected their studio gear and have left.
I have asked to be released from my Non-Compete many times and they
refuse, I have my own feelings about what has gone on behind the scenes
and why at this point it matters to them, however it is what it is. So I will
wait it out, then start a show that will air for free on the Internet. I have
a time segment in mind which I will announce as we get closer to that time.

I am willing to give my all every time I crack the mike, but not for a show
that has a built in limit on how large it can grow based on how good it is.
So, that is where things stand today.

Otherwise the Bell Family is happy and well. My thanks to all of you that
have followed this tortured path with me.

Art

Back