• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

COVID-19 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! Its like a driver's license in a sense in a situation like this.

That has been said here many times, but it goes to deaf ears. Its probably because the conservative opposition drives vaxx passes vigorously. You just cannot give in, can you?

People are also starting to be rather fed up. Today gov were saying they will stop 2 meter safety distances.
But in same time one bar owner said to the press they will not obey any restrictions next friday.

Myself, I mostly stopped wearing mask 3wk after I got the second vaxx, unless its mandatory.
I mean that this stuff has to stop, and the anti-vaxx cannot be the ones determining when.

Yet another moronic conservative talk show host who fell for his own BS about COVID-19 and got infected.

I do not wish ill of these people. Some have already died, and their families and friends were left to suffer.

But it should serve as a wakeup call to the people who believe their nonsense:

That's funny. Rogan is fine with doing ayahuasca, a DMT mixture brewed up by a shaman out in the South American jungle. He has no problem with ingesting a potentially dangerous horse deworming drug that has become the rage among conspiracy theorists on the internet. But he speaks out against scientifically tested and certified vaccines that have been taken by hundreds of millions to prevent a disease that has killed millions. Hope he pulls through it ok.

I wish him well, but what these conservative talk show hosts need to stop posturing for their audiences with outright lies. The virus is making them sick, and killing some. A little truth-telling would help the industry.

What's even worse, when they get infected they very likely have infected others. They rant about freedom, but what about the freedoms of the people they infect with a contagious disease?

And Jim Jordan, by far one of the stupidest members of the U.S. Congress, displayed his ignorance of history on Labor Day 2021 when he declared vaccine mandates un-American.

Well, except for George Washington, who mandated vaccines for smallpox during the Revolutionary War, and the fact that they were found legal by the Supreme Court over 100 years ago, and have been in place in most school systems for many decades.

Before he attended school, my son, Grayson, had to provide proof that he was vaccinated against the usual childhood diseases before he could attend school in New Jersey and in Arizona. Magnets only occasionally stick to his head.

Quite so. This is yet another unfortunate consequence of the anti-vaccine falsehoods. I hope people are getting the message yet, or maybe it's the fact that so many hospital ICU beds are filled with COVID-19 patients, 95% of which are not vaccinated. We need to stop arguing about this issue. It is long past the point of debate.

Folks, I'll let this thread go a while longer. But we don't want to hurt people, and people who believe the misinformation about vaccines and mandates, and thus go without are vulnerable to a highly infectious disease. They can get very sick and die. People around them can get sick and die. Vaccines are not 100% effective, so some of these people will be fully vaccinated.

American hospital ICUs are clogged with people suffering from COVID. 95% of them are unvaccinated. Others who need an ICU are thus deprived, and some have become sicker or died as a result.

I don't see much value in repeating the same old arguments. Just please avoid the rabbit holes.

The Finnish gov released just some new numbers. Of the people on intensive care because of COVID, 94.8% are unvaccinated. For the rest 5.2%, most have received only the first vaxx shot.

Edit: For fully vaccinated, the reported chance to be infected and requiring intensive care is 1:320 000.

The numbers do not lie.

Last edited:
Thanks. This is in keeping with many of our states. But some are run by idiot governors who rant about freedom. To be fools and die it seems.

I always wonder on that "freedom" speak. I, like all the children in my age group, was vaccinated against stuff like polio, tetanus etc at school (first grade, I believe), and nobody asked permission. Of course there was no anti-vaxxers back then.
Are these people saying that polio vaccines are bad as well? I'm sure they were "experimental" as well in the 50's.

What a rabbit hole this one is. I've been backed up on my listening since the Thomas Morrison episode, because I'd like to devote time to that one. I've listened to bits and pieces of more recent episodes, like the Ryan Sprague last week. It had appeared that Randle was taking a back seat and then there were finally guest hosts. Plus, some update of Chrome had kept the account I use to track Paracast emails turned off.

Wow, I checked the Paracast updates today and see Randle went off the deep end on Covid. The whole argument about seat belts was weird. If this disease has cracked him, just wait until he sees the loss of personal freedom and autonomy that manmade global warming is going to inflict on us. (Please point me to the global warming threads rather than add another 40 pages to this one.)

My position is get the vaccine. Force other people to get the vaccine. I suspect African-Americans and Latina/o/x have lower rates of vaccinations than conservative whites. We should probably look into solutions for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back