• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Consciousness and the Paranormal

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the time - the 60's and 70's - you had to have been there.

I guess, though I don't see why it would have seemed like less of a scam in the 60's or 70's, given that their basic doctrines and methods haven't changed much since Hubbard wrote Dianetics. Not to mention, former $cylons have testified that they were abusing their members and alienating them from their families even more so back then, given the reduced level of scrutiny and media attention. I'm sorry, but I just can't accept science from people who aren't discerning enough to see that horrible cult for what it is. $cientologists and fundamentalists from any religion, two groups who are known for twisting what science they can to fit their personal belief systems and throwing out whatever science doesn't agree with their position, two groups whose opinions on scientific matters I don't value in the least.

I checked out some of the studies provided, and as I always do, I also checked out what the other sides has to say, in this case I have to side with the skeptical interpretation, at least so far. I'm always open to seeing new evidence, so maybe I'll come across something that will blow my mind and convince me that it's real, someone taking advantage of those 1,000,001 practical applications to do something besides sell lessons and make predictions that never come true would go a long way towards that. There are so many possibilities if this was something real that the mind boggles at the potential applications. Treasure hunting, archaeology, indicting drug shipments, anti terrorism, fugitive hunting, the list goes on and on, and yet.... nothing. The silence from the commercial sector speaks volumes, imho.

Just for clarifications sake, I'm not here to convince anyone of my position and I'm not here to engage in denigration towards other posters or to suggest that those who don't believe what I believe lack humanity or intelligence, as ufology has done on one side and yourself and Constance have done on the other, I myself have been guilty of it in the past, but no more if I can help it, none of us are perfect after all. As far as I'm concerned, people can believe whatever they want, this is all just my opinion and I don't expect anyone to adopt it.:)

Last edited:
Fascinating stuff about Remote Viewing! I felt that if you were in a desperate blind military situation and had a psychic guide provide you with a target or course of action already under consideration, it'd be not much worse than guessing on your own. It might, however, provide you with a false confidence in your actions. The mental difference might give you a small edge.

I am listening to Puthoff - have never heard the guy talk before and know pretty much nothing about his work. Within the first 30 minutes he identifies something very key: that the 'viewer' (I will not call them 'seer') cannot bring to bear intellectual analysis to identify locations. Very honest - very accurate. There's a reason for that from an esoteric pov.

"This is the kind of thing I wouldn't believe in even if it were true." Great quote from around 35:00/36:00, from someone looking at the results.

I am listening to Puthoff - have never heard the guy talk before and know pretty much nothing about his work. Within the first 30 minutes he identifies something very key: that the 'viewer' (I will not call them 'seer') cannot bring to bear intellectual analysis to identify locations. Very honest - very accurate. There's a reason for that from an esoteric pov.

"This is the kind of thing I wouldn't believe in even if it were true." Great quote from around 35:00/36:00, from someone looking at the results.

While this may be what Puthoff thinks, I've seen other Remote Viewers make very different claims, including some of the remote viewers mentioned in the article I posted. I think that's part of the problem, there isn't even consensus in the field itself as to what can and can't be done with RV.

Anyway, I'm out for the night, it's getting late here and I've got some things to take care of tomorrow. Boy am I not looking forward to that, such is the price of procrastination. I probably won't be back until after the holidays, but may stop in if I get some free time. Have a happy holiday everyone!

Thanks for the above. This is more like what we need to make progress. I don't recall reviewing this specific information before. I'll have a closer look at it when I get the time. Right now we're in the middle of the whole Christmas crazies ( strike that ) I mean insanity ( strike that ) thing ( sorry :confused: you know what I mean ). Until then I sincerely hope yours is wonderful and goes well !

Yes, I do know what you mean! :) Merry Christmas to you too!

The answer to that question may give light as to why no one seems to have used "Remote Viewing", "Dowsing", or other paranormal methods in a successful commercial enterprise other than selling books and classes on how to "do it."

Let me flesh it out a little . . . you could also say no one built a successful commercial enterprise solely on intuition or creativity or any other well known human capacity either (what is intuition, creativity, wisdom? Psychologist Robert Sternberg studied these in The Triune Mind . . .) they had to have lots of hard work, intelligence, business sense and be in the right place at the right time too - what makes a Steve Jobs? What is the Science of Biography? . . . we can list all the usual components but if someone could put them all together, they would be one of those guys . . . but lots of little extras came in to play too - some very successful people have superstitions, lots of examples in sports - watch a pitcher in his pre-windup ritual . . . so I am thinking even of little "knacks" or "tricks" I've read about . . . you hear something like: "What is the secret of your success? How do you pick a winner? How did you know this would work? etc and the person says "I have a little knack, or a little trick I use . . . " or "I just knew. I was absolutely certain this was the way to go" "I knew I would succeed . . . I had to . . . I felt destined . . . and in the case of an Arnold Schwarzenneger or a Mick Jagger or a Dave Thomas they seemed to know at every turn or at least 51% of the time . . . all you got to do is be right 50.000001% of the time to pull ahead of the odds . . . so maybe many failures feel this way too and are just wrong, so what we hear about is famous people who felt lucky and simply were lucky . . . but I've known people who really seem to get it right so much of the time, that it seems a little eerie, like they have an inside track on things they shouldn't know . . . I'll try to find some specific examples but you've seen this. . . this may just be a technique for accessing intuition or the unconscious or whatever but since we don't know exactly what any of that is . . . so, what little knacks or tricks or ways of solving problems do you consistently use that you can't fully explain in a "rational" sense . . . better?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess, though I don't see why it would have seemed like less of a scam in the 60's or 70's, given that their basic doctrines and methods haven't changed much since Hubbard wrote Dianetics. Not to mention, former $cylons have testified that they were abusing their members and alienating them from their families even more so back then, given the reduced level of scrutiny and media attention. I'm sorry, but I just can't accept science from people who aren't discerning enough to see that horrible cult for what it is. $cientologists and fundamentalists from any religion, two groups who are known for twisting what science they can to fit their personal belief systems and throwing out whatever science doesn't agree with their position, two groups whose opinions on scientific matters I don't value in the least.

I checked out some of the studies provided, and as I always do, I also checked out what the other sides has to say, in this case I have to side with the skeptical interpretation, at least so far. I'm always open to seeing new evidence, so maybe I'll come across something that will blow my mind and convince me that it's real, someone taking advantage of those 1,000,001 practical applications to do something besides sell lessons and make predictions that never come true would go a long way towards that. There are so many possibilities if this was something real that the mind boggles at the potential applications. Treasure hunting, archaeology, indicting drug shipments, anti terrorism, fugitive hunting, the list goes on and on, and yet.... nothing. The silence from the commercial sector speaks volumes, imho.

Just for clarifications sake, I'm not here to convince anyone of my position and I'm not here to engage in denigration towards other posters or to suggest that those who don't believe what I believe lack humanity or intelligence, as ufology has done on one side and yourself and Constance have done on the other, I myself have been guilty of it in the past, but no more if I can help it, none of us are perfect after all. As far as I'm concerned, people can believe whatever they want, this is all just my opinion and I don't expect anyone to adopt it.:)

I checked out some of the studies provided, and as I always do, I also checked out what the other sides has to say, in this case I have to side with the skeptical interpretation, at least so far.

Are you reading the studies on Dean Radin's site? If so, which ones have you read so far? I've only made it through one - the Jessica Utt paper and started a second (on the skeptical side) Radin seems to include skeptical papers as well as back and forth between both "sides" . . . if you are working through another collection of papers, please let me know - I'm not committed to Radin's site, it's just a handy collection of about a 100 papers . . . I guess at some point I will begin to form some kind of personal consensus and be able to scan them more efficiently, but right now I feel like I need to work through them one at a time . . . maybe I should do a blog with the impressions I form as I go along.

Isn't that what the scientific method is suppose to be able to transcend? Subjectivity?

The scientific world is filled with scientists who have lots of various beliefs, even dubious beliefs, and yet their science is pretty much in-the-ball-park. This is the kind of 'purism' that is getting us all snarled up politically in the US. It all has to be perfection - 100% the 'true religion', or 100% 'pure correct thought'. No exploration - no going off the indicated path - and if you do, then you are suspect for the rest of your life. Cheesh! In your world are there no learning-curves, or apprenticeships? Do people not change their minds?

Seriously, this is a significant problem. Just go do a study of the late 1940's into the 1950's in the US - check out the 'red-scare' - observe how the intellectuals of this country were brought down because their 'intellectual history' wasn't 'pure'. What was 'pure'? Another topic - how that 'purity' gets determined, who determines it.

It's a view if one is in survival mode - and lives one's life for money. But as far as I'm concerned the best policing has very much to do with a kind of esp. The best doctoring, the best teaching, the best of anything really - we sense that - and willingly hand over our money to pay for such 'quality'.

You are assuming that someone with capacities of pure empathic telepathic communication would be like you and me. They might not be. Their intentions and motivations and consequent choices of actions might be very different. Anyone capable of functioning like Counsellor Troi on Star Trek: TNG - or any other fictional account of telepaths - which is what it seems people want to have demonstrated - simply would be of such a nature that their intentions and motives might be very different from people who are still in survival mode, still cognizant of nothing beyond their sense-bound thinking.

You are positing what these capacities can accomplish or would look like - how can that be at such an incipient stage? Because no one is performing the capacities like the assumptions - then they cannot exist. Faulty logic. Thing is, most of what passes for 'facts' about esp are assumptions - and when the assumptions don't prove out - it's a scam.

What? Please don't lump Constance with me. That's not fair to her. She is an insightful debater who does her homework and displays absolute integrity, staying above the fray.

I have been on this site only 5 months and I have had a fairly consistent experience of Ufology. He has been so routinely denigrating to certain pov that it reached the point that some of us decamped to this thread in order to have unfettered conversation - yet he has come onto this thread to continue the hectoring. I have been the one to ask him to please be friendly and courteous to other pov on this thread. I don't think making that request was anything other than the necessary reminder it was. There should be at least one thread here that can freely explore all possibilities, don't you think?

Last edited:
While this may be what Puthoff thinks, I've seen other Remote Viewers make very different claims, including some of the remote viewers mentioned in the article I posted. I think that's part of the problem, there isn't even consensus in the field itself as to what can and can't be done with RV.

And that inconsistency is a problem? I'm not sure what your complaint is here. Nothing would be a smooth sail in an area that is so fraught with emotions - of both ardent belief and fervent skepticism, with all check marks in between. Kinda interesting if you ask me.

Anyway, I'm out for the night, it's getting late here and I've got some things to take care of tomorrow. Boy am I not looking forward to that, such is the price of procrastination. I probably won't be back until after the holidays, but may stop in if I get some free time. Have a happy holiday everyone!

Happy holiday! This is when I do have time oddly enough. I will be posting away on a deserted board, I guess. What mischief I could get into! :p

Last edited:
Fascinating stuff about Remote Viewing! I felt that if you were in a desperate blind military situation and had a psychic guide provide you with a target or course of action already under consideration, it'd be not much worse than guessing on your own. It might, however, provide you with a false confidence in your actions. The mental difference might give you a small edge.

We are using psi, esp, or 'remote viewing' all the time imo. It is an integral aspect of our consciousness - albeit we are not aware of the origin or nature of everything that is flooding through us. It's like static with a receiver that has not been adequately tuned. The key here is where we place our attention.

Incidentally, Puthoff indicated that his team started getting military commanders [as 'volunteers' for the experiments] that men were more inclined to follow into battle [in Vietnam] because nothing bad happened under that officer's leadership.

Last edited:
Since I can't sleep worth a damn, as usual, I guess I'll make another post or two.

Isn't that what the scientific method is suppose to be able to transcend? Subjectivity?

The scientific world is filled with scientists who have lots of various beliefs, even dubious beliefs, and yet their science is pretty much in-the-ball-park. This is the kind of 'purism' that is getting us all snarled up politically in the US. It all has to be perfection - 100% the 'true religion', or 100% 'pure correct thought'. No exploration - no going off the indicated path - and if you do, then you are suspect for the rest of your life. Cheesh! In your world are there no learning-curves, or apprenticeships? Do people not change their minds?

Seriously, this is a significant problem. Just go do a study of the late 1940's into the 1950's in the US - check out the 'red-scare' - observe how the intellectuals of this country were brought down because their 'intellectual history' wasn't 'pure'. What was 'pure'? Another topic - how that 'purity' gets determined, who determines it.

Science is supposed to eliminate subjectivity, but that only happens when the scientific method is rigorously applied across the board and is peer reviewed by other scientists, and even then it sometimes creeps in, most of Puthoffs work has never seen any kind of peer review and that raises some huge red flags right there. Not to mention that just because someone cloaks their beliefs in the mantle of science doesn't make it so. Creationists will tell you that they're doing science, when they're actually doing anything but. I'm certainly not advocating purism, in most cases I couldn't care less what someone believes, I've learned over the years to take wisdom wherever I find it, however, there's something so intolerant, insidious and so blind in the vast majority of the members of the two groups I've named that I feel more than comfortable discounting 99% of what they call science, because it's not science. It's the way they use science to try and cloak their personal beliefs in the mantle of authority while at the same telling everyone who will listen that any part of science that disagrees with their beliefs should be discarded and disregarded, I can't abide it and I refuse to listen to it. I agree with you about people being able to change their minds, perhaps I'm being too harsh on Mr. Puthoff, though from what I've read about him, I think I may be at least partially correct. I'll try to keep an open mind though.

It's a view if one is in survival mode - and lives one's life for money. But as far as I'm concerned the best policing has very much to do with a kind of esp. The best doctoring, the best teaching, the best of anything really - we sense that - and willingly hand over our money to pay for such 'quality'.

You are assuming that someone with capacities of pure empathic telepathic communication would be like you and me. They might not be. Their intentions and motivations and consequent choices of actions might be very different. Anyone capable of functioning like Counsellor Troi on Star Trek: TNG - or any other fictional account of telepaths - which is what it seems people want to have demonstrated - simply would be of such a nature that their intentions and motives might be very different from people who are still in survival mode, still cognizant of nothing beyond their sense-bound thinking.

You are positing what these capacities can accomplish or would look like - how can that be at such an incipient stage? Because no one is performing the capacities like the assumptions - then they cannot exist. Faulty logic. Thing is, most of what passes for 'facts' about esp are assumptions - and when the assumptions don't prove out - it's a scam.

Sorry but I can't agree with you here, this is more of that elevated morality nonsense that I mentioned earlier. First of all, human beings are human beings, I don't care if they think they can move mountains with their minds, they're still human beings and in this world, human beings need money and when you can do supposedly incredible things with your mind, money and the attention of industry should come easily to those who can adequately demonstrate those powers. The problem is that you're assuming that these powers would only manifest themselves in guru types, but that assumption is completely false given that remote viewers claim that anyone can be taught to remote view. So you can't actually expect me to believe that everyone who learns these things is some kind of elevated master, far above the concerns of us petty human beings, it's just silly. Remote viewing has been around for a long time and the only way anyone has ever found to monetize it that I'm aware of are A. writing books and lecturing about remote viewing or B. selling remote viewing classes, correspondence courses and the like. So again, these people are obviously not above survival mode because they're actively engaged in trying to sell us something, they're trying to make money and if they could do some of the things I've mentioned, they would be trying to make money off of that as well, the problem is that they can't actually do all that they claim to do and they know it, so remote viewing classes it is.

The reason I make these assumptions is because there are so many different claims about the remarkable powers of things like ESP, telepathy, astral travel, remote viewing, whatever you want to call it, and that's part of the problem I mentioned earlier. Nobody can define exactly how it works or exactly what it does, that's not science, it's pseudoscience, and given the fact that we've been studying ESP in different forms since the late 1800's, you would think that by now they would have something, maybe not a completely fleshed out theory, but something resembling one that the vast majority of researchers can come to some kind of at least a tentative consensus on, yet as far as I'm aware that hasn't happened. If I'm wrong about that, I'd appreciate it if you would enlighten me as to exactly what their working theory is, other than "the mind does things we don't understand and can't explain," because that's not a theory and it's not worthy of being called science if that's all they can say.

What? Please don't lump Constance with me. That's not fair to her. She is an insightful debater who does her homework and displays absolute integrity, staying above the fray.

I have been on this site only 5 months and I have had a fairly consistent experience of Ufology. He has been so routinely denigrating to certain pov that it reached the point that some of us decamped to this thread in order to have unfettered conversation - yet he has come onto this thread to continue the hectoring. I have been the one to ask him to please be friendly and courteous to other pov on this thread. I don't think making that request was anything other than the necessary reminder it was. There should be at least one thread here that can freely explore all possibilities, don't you think?

I'm sorry but you're wrong, I agree that Constance is very insightful and intelligent, but both of you have suggested that because someone doesn't believe in things like ESP or souls or might dare to think of the human brain like a biological computer that they lack humanity and empathy and blah blah blah. I could go through a couple of threads and quote mine you both, but I think you know what I'm talking about and if you're honest with yourself, you'll admit it to yourself. Like I said, nobody is perfect and I've done the same thing and lord knows ufology can be extremely annoying and stubborn at times, but what I'm mainly trying to point out is that in this case, you are two sides of the same coin. Both sides refusing to give an inch, denigrating and mocking each other at different times to make a point. One side with their heels dug in behind their line in the sand, refusing to even consider that there may be nothing paranormal at all about consciousness and the other side dug in just as deep in the other direction. I've been following this thread and the previous thread and I jump in where I feel like it, mainly because I get annoyed easily and I find if I don't take this whole forum thing so seriously I actually can stay above the fray, for the most part. Even then I can sometimes denigrate someone's opinion without even realizing I'm doing it until I reread my posts later. I agree that you should be able to freely explore all possibilities but at the same time, this is a public forum and anyone who wants to can respond to the public threads, if you don't want that to happen perhaps you should either ignore those who you feel are derailing the thread or take it to private conversation. Whether you like Ufology or not, he has every right to post whatever he wants within the bounds of the forum rules and shouldn't be expected to conform to your opinions, just as you shouldn't be expected to conform to his. This is just my perspective as a relative outsider with no real stake in the debate, you can take it or leave it. :)

Last edited:
A question for the thread: do any of you use or know anyone who does any "paranormal" methods in your daily life/on a regular basis? Do you use use, for example, RV to find lost car keys or do you regularly use telepathy with friends/family members (including pets!) or other "anamolous" methods of getting practical things done.

I'm wondering about regular use more than once in a life-time experiences . . .
I notice whenever i visit my hometown my kids take the 30 year old ouija board I handmade and painted when I was in high school and use it all the time over the holidays. Nothing functional comes out of this.

When I was in high school I used a ouija board regularly and daily in the summer. I kept a journal with detailed notes of my contacts. Often I felt that the 'voice' of the board seemed to know things it shouldn't about me, and other people. 'It' created a false personality and historical figure as its persona, which shifted over time ending in a tumultuous, almost haunting session that caused a break within our Ouija group.

I could not corroborate any information supplied by the board about its identity. The board was useless at supplying practical info i.e. missing keys or lottery winning numbers. It once distracted us while ouijaing in a graveyard and we were oblivious to raging fire with firefighters in the woods around us - that was as trippy as the time the board tried to convince my dad the voice was real by correctly identifying the name of his coworker that had just recently comnitted suicide. I was unaware of the suicide but supplied this informtion without my father touching the planchette. Once the Ouija made this girl become inconsolably hysterical. Once, on the way to a ouija session i found a small gold charm from a bracelet on the ground with the name of our 7 year old girl contact engraved on it- Heather. That the freaked out the group.

While i ouijaed for 1.5 years, I eventually stopped and decided that barring a few odd instances, all information supplied by the Ouija is done so through a combination of setting, people present, and all spellings of the planchette are done unconsciously by those who operate and touch the planchette.

Nothing of real or concrete value ever came from those many, many hours spent immersed in regular use of the Ouija - some downright bizarre stuff, but nothing very useful. Has RV ever done anything useful?

Last edited:
Science is supposed to eliminate subjectivity, but that only happens when the scientific method is rigorously applied across the board and is peer reviewed by other scientists, and even then it sometimes creeps in, most of Puthoffs work has never seen any kind of peer review and that raises some huge red flags right there. Not to mention that just because someone cloaks their beliefs in the mantle of science doesn't make it so. Creationists will tell you that they're doing science, when they're actually doing anything but. I'm certainly not advocating purism, in most cases I couldn't care less what someone believes, I've learned over the years to take wisdom wherever I find it, however, there's something so intolerant, insidious and so blind in the vast majority of the members of the two groups I've named that I feel more than comfortable discounting 99% of what they call science, because it's not science. It's the way they use science to try and cloak their personal beliefs in the mantle of authority while at the same telling everyone who will listen that any part of science that disagrees with their beliefs should be discarded and disregarded, I can't abide it and I refuse to listen to it. I agree with you about people being able to change their minds, perhaps I'm being too harsh on Mr. Puthoff, though from what I've read about him, I think I may be at least partially correct. I'll try to keep an open mind though.

I really know little about what you describe in the text above. I do live in southern California and that might explain it. :) But just recently an acquaintance was talking about some in-laws - describing the behavior of one who had 'got' religion and what she was describing was nasty. Yet, another relative who also had 'got religion' was a veritable gift from heaven her presence was so delightful, the impact on her children benign. How to explain it? Human nature. Nothing to do with the religions per se in this case since the religions were simply different denominations of the same religious stream.

I am aware of fussy people being very negative about the merest hiccup - but this is across the board, and no one group has a monopoly on being hyper-vigilant regarding their beliefs. Curious observation - the most rigidity comes from new converts to any religion, be it Christian or Jewish or Muslim - or be it Science.

As for your last point about Puthoff - in the beginning of the video I linked - and in the last few minutes - I definitely caught the whiff of ego. I've known several researchers who more than love their work - they have fallen in love with it to the point of distortion - and it's hard to pry them away from their pet theories [that - in the end - they have laid down their whole professional lives for]. I sensed that in Puthoff. Researchers can sometimes feel that they know so much that a slight 'fudge' in one direction is okay. Happens more often than anyone would be aware. So no - I don't think you are being harsh.

Sorry but I can't agree with you here, this is more of that elevated morality nonsense that I mentioned earlier. First of all, human beings are human beings, I don't care if they think they can move mountains with their minds, they're still human beings and in this world, human beings need money and when you can do supposedly incredible things with your mind, money and the attention of industry should come easily to those who can adequately demonstrate those powers.

'Morality nonsense' - how can you hear the 'answer' if your status is already emotive. You've already shut down. Anyway, ethics/morality is woven through this. If one accepts the principle of karma - cause and effect or action-reaction - there is a knife-edge experience at 'higher' levels. Can't escape it.

And, yes, human nature unravels us - even the greatest fall from the heights. We know those stories well. People on this site rail against religions and it's representatives. People err - yep.

The problem is that you're assuming that these powers would only manifest themselves in guru types,

Nope, not so. 'Guru types' - I assume you mean spiritual teachers. Such is a particular path - not for everyone. Such 'types' have a greater responsibility than to simply model the ideal, it is incumbent upon such 'types' to actually be the ideal, as a living incarnation of virtue. It is from such a 'condition' that the suprasensory capacities are (safely) developed.

However, the 'powers' manifest in all of us, even those without the teacher dharma (vocation/life task).

but that assumption is completely false given that remote viewers claim that anyone can be taught to remote view. So you can't actually expect me to believe that everyone who learns these things is some kind of elevated master, far above the concerns of us petty human beings, it's just silly.

You're having an argument with yourself - not with anything I said.

Remote viewing has been around for a long time and the only way anyone has ever found to monetize it that I'm aware of are A. writing books and lecturing about remote viewing or B. selling remote viewing classes, correspondence courses and the like. So again, these people are obviously not above survival mode because they're actively engaged in trying to sell us something, they're trying to make money and if they could do some of the things I've mentioned, they would be trying to make money off of that as well, the problem is that they can't actually do all that they claim to do and they know it, so remote viewing classes it is.

Certainly you can find those who choose to 'monetize' their capacities, if that is what they have. This I will say - no genuine teacher will ever accept money for knowledge.

The reason I make these assumptions is because there are so many different claims about the remarkable powers of things like ESP, telepathy, astral travel, remote viewing, whatever you want to call it, and that's part of the problem I mentioned earlier.

You must learn discernment, the ability to discriminate the true from the untrue. It is part of developing your mind, preparing your being for the acquisition of suprasensory capacities. There is no authority - no guru, no teacher - that takes over that task. The teacher merely indicates the way. The student must do the heavy lifting.

Nobody can define exactly how it works or exactly what it does,

Not quite true. Definitions have been given here but some still claim they haven't been given. The definitions are not recognized because there is an absence of experience and consequent concept-building. However, the words used by those who don't understand of course convey muddled impressions - yet the concepts used by a seer are very precise.

that's not science, it's pseudoscience

One cannot apply the same standards of measure to the spiritual as one does to the physical. Different realms.

and given the fact that we've been studying ESP in different forms since the late 1800's, you would think that by now they would have something, maybe not a completely fleshed out theory, but something resembling one that the vast majority of researchers can come to some kind of at least a tentative consensus on, yet as far as I'm aware that hasn't happened.

This is an aspect of humanity that has a lineage across thousands of years. Fully fleshed out theories abound across all cultures, not least in the Western Esoteric Stream.

If I'm wrong about that, I'd appreciate it if you would enlighten me as to exactly what their working theory is, other than "the mind does things we don't understand and can't explain," because that's not a theory and it's not worthy of being called science if that's all they can say.

I don't know who the 'they' is - and even if I did know I wouldn't be the one to explain them to you. Occult knowledge is not mystical - though it embraces the mystical. Start reading an occult text on the organization of the Human Being before you conclude there is no science to this subtle realm.

I'm sorry but you're wrong, I agree that Constance is very insightful and intelligent, but both of you have suggested that because someone doesn't believe in things like ESP or souls or might dare to think of the human brain like a biological computer that they lack humanity and empathy and blah blah blah.

Nope, didn't happen.

I could go through a couple of threads and quote mine you both, but I think you know what I'm talking about

You may have to do just that because I don't know what you're talking about.

and if you're honest with yourself, you'll admit it to yourself.

I admit only to standing up to Ufology's hectoring.

you are two sides of the same coin. Both sides refusing to give an inch, denigrating and mocking each other at different times to make a point.

Sorry you see it that way.

One side with their heels dug in behind their line in the sand, refusing to even consider that there may be nothing paranormal at all about consciousness and the other side dug in just as deep in the other direction.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but for myself I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I speak my truth - I speak about what interests me - about what I know from my own experiences.

Stating that there is 'nothing paranormal' about consciousness is a belief - and one I don't subscribe to. Why is that statement so troubling?

I've been following this thread and the previous thread

If you have been doing that, then you know that Ufology made it clear that he did not want anything 'spiritual' or 'mystical' - of that 'ilk' - to be brought into the discussion on that thread. Hence, some of us moved to another thread where we could explore our ideas in freedom.

I agree that you should be able to freely explore all possibilities

Thank you - and it is after all only one thread amongst so many.

but at the same time, this is a public forum and anyone who wants to can respond to the public threads

That's true - but we had just been shooed off the other thread - and to have the shoo-er start showing up here trying to exert the same kind of control he was exerting on the other thread over the shoo-ees - don't you find that a bit unusal? That's what he was doing - coming on this thread to rail and hector the posters on this thread. Therefore I said directly if the said poster could not maintain a friendly and interested manner on the topic of the thread, he could post on any number of other threads on this site.

if you don't want that to happen perhaps you should either ignore those who you feel are derailing the thread or take it to private conversation.

Yes, I could have ignored it, but then in his enthusiasm - when 'denigrating' a particularly disliked (by him) idea - he sallied forth into the realm of 'nutcases' - something had to be said.

Whether you like Ufology or not, he has every right to post whatever he wants within the bounds of the forum rules and shouldn't be expected to conform to your opinions, just as you shouldn't be expected to conform to his.

I don't expect him to conform to my opinions. All I have ever asked of Ufology is to be friendly and respectful of the pov on this thread - and if he can't do that, find another thread to express himself. I have found that, in general (with a few exceptions) posters on this site are very intolerant of spiritual views - it has been my experience - with the result that that pov is pretty much lacking here. In point of fact, I see esoteric knowledge as being the missing piece of the puzzle. A clear understanding of what occult knowledge has to offer seems to be the much-needed corrective. IMO - and that's all it has ever been.

Last edited:
Just skimming the thread to catch up and would rather sleep than make my way through it properly. Wondering about Maudib, who keeps assuring us he's not trying to change anyone's mind while working so hard to do just that (even tarring some accomplished physicists with a 'scientology' brush because of an interest they pursued 50 or 60 years ago yet). Remote viewing not making enough progress yet? Did anyone think it was going to be easy to find out what it is in nature that facilitates anomalous communication of information from a distance? Some physicists are working on it and might make progress but we'll have to wait. Why get upset in the meantime? Tyger, you are such a generous and kind woman. I'm going to follow what goes on here, without getting further embroiled, just to keep up with you and your encouraging balance and insight. I find swimming in these generally hyperskeptical waters fairly discouraging and mildly toxic; there's no chance of increasing openness to ideas and experiences that I find interesting. I could maybe change some minds if I shared the experiences I've had across a considerable dimension of be-ing, but this is the last place I'd share them. No offense. It's just not important enough to me to engage in persuasion when/where doing so is such an uphill struggle. I hope y'all have a lovely holiday season and a happy new year.

It was the time - the 60's and 70's - you had to have been there.

I recall it as a time when traditional Western mythologies had largely lost their grip on the collective mind of America. Traditional institutions were genuinely on the ropes and had not yet had time to re-group for a counter offensive. The individual was not discouraged from questioning basic tenets, and make-nice sermonettes were more likely to be seen as just more of the same old sh*t than as comforting salvation. There was no Rupert Murdoch or Clear Channel Communications. And money for government programs was nothing like the issue it is today. The zeitgeist was indeed a different creature.

Last edited:
The answer to that question may give light as to why no one seems to have used "Remote Viewing", "Dowsing", or other paranormal methods in a successful commercial enterprise other than selling books and classes on how to "do it."

Another example is stories from soldiers who see a violet light that leads them to safety, for some it's a one time experience, for others it recurred - again, I'll see if I can find examples. Law enforcement, military, business - doers or people of action might not be as interested in big T Truth and are extremely pragmatic and maybe tend to develop and rely on gut feeling or sixth sense or hunch whatever they might call it and probably don't think too much about where it comes from (at least at the time) - so this might be an interesting area to look for the use of the paranormal.

And the "no successful commercial enterprise" is a strong argument - even stronger might be to ask why no one seems to use telepathy to beam out pornography since any new media we develop almost immediately gets used to transmit dirty pictures . . . but I think this kind of argument has some holes, like any argument - the strongest of which might be that no single human ability makes a successful commercial enterprise without hard work, intelligence, knowledge - etc, yet no one questions the existence or power of creativity and intuition - and again, I'm willing to consider that all of these are contained or explained by the human mind. There are some other arguments I have in mind, but need to develop a bit. Another thought is that science can only study repeated/repeatable phenomena - are all phenomena recurrent? Are there one-offs? The quote from Nietzsche's The Gay Science that I posted above touches on this and other questions about our notion of causality. And causality isn't something we've directly explored here . . .

So I think if there are a hundred papers out there that have been published in peer reviewed journals and I read them all, I should still need to (and want to) read the hundred and first and hundred and second etc . . . if I am committed to an open mind and perhaps more importantly, if I believe in the process of science - then I can't come to a conclusion (ever).

Just got called in to work - hope all enjoy the next couple of days whatever you are doing! If you are travelling be safe!

Since one can't give an opinion without being accused of trying to sway everyone in the thread, even though they specifically stated they were just giving an opinion and not trying to sway anyone, I'm going to exit stage right after this post and I hope you guys enjoy your thread, no hard feelings I'm just not at all up for a long drawn out argument and I think that you absolutely should have a thread where you can explore whatever you want, I won't hinder it any further.

As for tainting Mr. Puthoff with the $cientology brush, I'll just say this: If it doesn't bother you that Mr. Puthoff claims he gained remote viewing "powers" after practicing Scientology for many years, which is a quite common claim among Scientologists, and certain other religions (think yoghic flying) I think that it should. I think that he'll do almost anything to defend his bias in favor of this idea, because to admit that it doesn't exist would be to admit that he personally was hoodwinked and we all know that most people can't bear the idea that they aren't as smart as think they are. Combine that with the lack of rigorous use of the scientific method and the complete and utter lack of peer review and that's a recipe for pseudoscience and trouble, in my opinion. I'm just not personally convinced and neither is the scientific community at large, and they aren't going to be until more rigorous standards are applied. If you want to be called science, you have to follow the standards of science and that includes eliminating variables that can taint your experiments, putting your work up for peer review and making adjustments to your hypothesis as needed.

Lastly, I'll just say this to you personally Tyger, I like you and I think you're very intelligent, but you really need to read up on the special pleading fallacy because your posts in favor of so called spiritual science reeks of it. Even the strangest part of science that we know of, quantum mechanics, follows natural laws that can be defined and identified, I just refuse to believe that all of this spiritual stuff wouldn't follow some form of natural law, like everything else we know of in the universe. It's special pleading and it's the same tactic used by creationists, faith healers, ghost hunters, and homeopaths in order to remove themselves from the burden of proof. It's not very convincing. Anyway, it's going to be a busy day so I thank you all for your time and would like to say again that this is all just my opinion, blah blah blah. Enjoy your thread. :)

Just skimming the thread to catch up and would rather sleep than make my way through it properly. Wondering about Maudib, who keeps assuring us he's not trying to change anyone's mind while working so hard to do just that (even tarring some accomplished physicists with a 'scientology' brush because of an interest they pursued 50 or 60 years ago yet).

The topic is true to it's nature: the 'psychic' is indeed a battleground of entanglement - emotions and thoughts - very complex. The very emotions-run-rampant preclude certain experiences of a subtler nature - though 'astral phenomena' may certainly occur in highly charged emotional states (hint to those exploring these realms - the 'coolness' of scientific abstraction is counter productive to producing phenomena - my observation). [We have it in our very language - we want a warm heart but a cool head. If that is reversed (cold heart or a hot head), we recognize an imbalance is afoot. Intensity suggests a powerful astral body which in itself - unless 'purified' - likely precipitates wanton phenomena - as illustrated by the fact that adolescents are noted to have astral events occur around them.]

Remote viewing not making enough progress yet? Did anyone think it was going to be easy to find out what it is in nature that facilitates anomalous communication of information from a distance? Some physicists are working on it and might make progress but we'll have to wait. Why get upset in the meantime?

It is the one serious problem with the research. Without an at least working model to explain the phenomena, one is doing the equivalent of throwing darts in the dark. No - let's go further - it's like watching the effects of someone throwing darts in the dark. Even if the thrower hits a mark - how does one know that a hand threw the dart, and that a human was throwing the dart? Innumerable problems. It's the one area of research that seems to be condemned to test but not from a model. There is an actual bias against using a model.

Tyger, you are such a generous and kind woman.

You see yourself. ;) T'isn't me, except in my ideals. I do my best......

I'm going to follow what goes on here, without getting further embroiled, just to keep up with you and your encouraging balance and insight. I find swimming in these generally hyperskeptical waters fairly discouraging and mildly toxic; there's no chance of increasing openness to ideas and experiences that I find interesting.

:( Now I am sad. It's your presence (and Steve's - and a few others) that make being here interesting for me - so my sadness at what you are saying is totally selfish. I do understand about the toxicity. There are certain posters I brace myself for - knowing there will be a stream of skeptical invective in any text they post.

I think part of the problem regarding me for skeptics is that I operate from a world-view supported by experiences a skeptic doesn't share. I have evidence for why I see the world as I do. I suspect you do, too. For me to be a skeptic would be to disassociate myself from myself. It would be like someone with physical eye-sight convincing themselves that they don't see a physical world.

Here is the crux - we all assume that we are all having the same subjective experiences (more or less) of an objective world (that does not vary). It's not the case. There are people who see a tomte. There are people who see 'little people' - I had a friend who used to work as a miner in Quebec, and he spoke openly (albeit always cautiously) about the 'little beings' seen by the miners at deep levels. Skeptics are always flashing alternative explanations for such experiences, as though their ad hoc spinning trumps anything else. (Curious imo).

I could maybe change some minds if I shared the experiences I've had across a considerable dimension of be-ing, but this is the last place I'd share them. No offense. It's just not important enough to me to engage in persuasion when/where doing so is such an uphill struggle.

No offense taken, because I very much feel the same way. I feel what has been engaged here has been gold - but I am not sure I want to share precious realities I have experienced with the hectoring crowd. But nor should anyone have to in order to have a substantial and satisfying discussion about these matters.

I hope y'all have a lovely holiday season and a happy new year.

Same to you, Constance. I hope you come back. You and Steve have good dialogs. Perhaps we can agree to just keep on track and not allow the hectoring poster to obtrude into the flow. Yet, there is so much value in the conversation - yet it's not valued. It seems reasonable to search out some other stamping ground - like Steve's soon-to-be blog!

Since one can't give an opinion without being accused of trying to sway everyone in the thread, even though they specifically stated they were just giving an opinion and not trying to sway anyone, I'm going to exit stage right after this post and I hope you guys enjoy your thread, no hard feelings I'm just not at all up for a long drawn out argument and I think that you absolutely should have a thread where you can explore whatever you want, I won't hinder it any further.

Aw, Muadib. :(

I agree with you about not being up for the 'long drawn out argument'. That's the way I feel whenever I see a scrambled bit of text with every 'spice on the shelf peppered in' to make a rebuttal post. Teasing through all the 'entanglement' of ideas and words (what someone thinks I said versus what I actually said or meant, or worse, being told I think in a certain way - being of that 'ilk' - when nothing of the kind was even remotely broached) is just not anything I have time for. In fact, were I to so engage, it really would look like I was trying to convince - when I'm not.

As for tainting Mr. Puthoff with the $cientology brush, I'll just say this: If it doesn't bother you that Mr. Puthoff claims he gained remote viewing "powers" after practicing Scientology for many years, which is a quite common claim among Scientologists, and certain other religions (think yoghic flying) I think that it should. I think that he'll do almost anything to defend his bias in favor of this idea, because to admit that it doesn't exist would be to admit that he personally was hoodwinked and we all know that most people can't bear the idea that they aren't as smart as think they are. Combine that with the lack of rigorous use of the scientific method and the complete and utter lack of peer review and that's a recipe for pseudoscience and trouble, in my opinion. I'm just not personally convinced and neither is the scientific community at large, and they aren't going to be until more rigorous standards are applied. If you want to be called science, you have to follow the standards of science and that includes eliminating variables that can taint your experiments, putting your work up for peer review and making adjustments to your hypothesis as needed.

A lot in there - an example of just too much to tease it all out. Evidence also that I am not into convincing you of anything. If this is how you think - okay. I think you've got some stuff scrambled there but that's not the issue. I swear there are people on this site that would take issue with Leonardo de Vinci - and their reasoning would be sound. Ha!

Lastly, I'll just say this to you personally Tyger, I like you and I think you're very intelligent,

Very kind obituary. Many thanks. :confused:

but you really need to read up on the special pleading fallacy because your posts in favor of so called spiritual science reeks of it.

That's because you assume I am trying to convince you of something - when alls I am doing is presenting information from another way of seeing existence.

To quote myself in a previous post - I think part of the problem regarding me for skeptics is that I operate from a world-view supported by experiences a skeptic doesn't share. I have evidence for why I see the world as I do. I suspect you do, too. For me to be a skeptic would be to disassociate myself from myself. It would be like someone with physical eye-sight convincing themselves that they don't see a physical world. Here is the crux - we all assume that we are all having the same subjective experiences (more or less) of an objective world (that does not vary). It's not the case. Skeptics are always flashing alternative explanations for 'spiritual' [pick your word] experiences, as though their ad hoc spinning trumps anything else. (Curious imo).

Even the strangest part of science that we know of, quantum mechanics, follows natural laws that can be defined and identified, I just refuse to believe that all of this spiritual stuff wouldn't follow some form of natural law, like everything else we know of in the universe.

It does - and I've both alluded to them and in a handful of instances supplied some concrete examples of them (problematic metaphor for this). However, without actual experience the counter argument is that what is said is a belief. To someone without the experiences - and the consequent concept - it does look like a belief, yes - and would be a belief for them given the experience does not yet exist for them.

Do you understand that the idea of 'natural laws' is the 'ghost in the machine' of science - which takes it's lineage from its theological birth? 'Laws' imply a 'law-giver' - God. The idea of there being 'natural laws' is a residue from that time - I always find that little factoid fascinating.

Talking about 'spiritual laws' can be problematic. There are certain principles that apply - like that of cause-and effect - in the realm of spirit (in the Sanskrit) called karma. I alluded to this prior - and that as we travel the path we begin to 'clear our karma' (not a pleasant task, btw :confused: no). Someone who has successfully achieved high levels of consciousness (the best I can do when speaking in this way) has an acute sensibility of this cause-and-effect. They will understand the ripples they send into existence by their merest thought, never mind actual action in the physical world. This level of 'seeing' means a wholly different set of considerations when it comes to motivation and intention. At this level we are perilously close to creation - in an aware way.

It's special pleading and it's the same tactic used by creationists, faith healers, ghost hunters, and homeopaths in order to remove themselves from the burden of proof. It's not very convincing.

Homeopaths! Hmmm....as you can see, for some of us, the assault on our reality goes to the very medical paradigm we can consult. (Sigh')

From a very gifted [intuitive] astrologer pal of mine. Dave writes, clearly from an astrologer's perspective (and with his own 'politics') - but with great insight nonetheless, revealing the quandary for many of us - bolding emphasis my own -

"I chanced upon the website of [...], an unorthodox doctor. He has an endless number of articles that say conventional medicine has it exactly backwards. Reading the articles on the heart, I was reminded of the sheer medical guesswork of the past half century. Heart disease was because of lipids, or cholesterol, or saturated fats or maybe the wrong kinds of sugars and could be treated with this drug or that. Salt, which cardiac doctors prohibit, was actually necessary (which I have found to be true). With diabetes – which my wife has – the problem wasn’t sugar consumption at all. Which she had noted some time ago. Don’t get me started on the four food groups and the food pyramid.

"Which implies that a lot of medicine is simple guesswork, a succession of fads. Surely with billions of people on the planet and the heart being our principal organ, we could do better than guess? Which underscored my deduction that Enlightenment Science of 1650, as codified by Diderot’s
Encyclopedie of 1750, was based on consensus. Whatever a bunch of people thought was right.

"But you will say, isn’t science based on hard-won truth? Experiment? Replication? Surprisingly, no, and medicine is the proof. We would not be constantly throwing out last year’s remedies in favor of this year’s remedies if there was anything objective about them. What we have instead is someone gets an idea and sells it to his friends. They try it for a while to see if it works. If it does, we keep it. But far too often, we throw it away and go on to the next guess.

"Remember when electro-shock was the treatment for mental illness? How about lobotomies? Now it’s drugs. If the mother is in distress during labor, she should have a cesarian. And eventually, of course, a hysterectomy. How many of you had your tonsils out? Did you know they sometimes re-grow?

"It is hard to trace the history of science because so much of it is simply thrown away. Public libraries commonly discard science books after 20 years or so, when they haven’t been borrowed in 15 years or more, and when the press of new science books puts a premium on limited shelf space. Few science books get more than a single printing. The best record of scientific progress are found in old issues of science magazines. Where they look more dated than pop music.

"Which is a useful analogy. Rock musicians, who are never each other’s students, inspire each other. The late 1960’s were an excellent example. Popular music is faddish, just like science, but unlike science, the greatest hits of the ’50’s, ’60’s, and ’70’s, still have fans. The science of those decades have none. The science of 1970 said the planet is getting colder and we should spray arctic ice with ground charcoal to help it melt. The hard science supporting this was knee-deep. There was no question about it.

[...]

"Consensus science [...] having no reality upon which to base their opinions, are being reduced to burning heretics at the stake. Red lines have been drawn. We must believe in evolution, we must not believe in evil creationism, though I cannot see what difference it makes either way. Belief in one or the other won’t put hair on my chest or get us jobs, make us high or heal a sick child. At the moment global warming is too touchy a subject, but it is clear the earth is releasing its inner heat for reasons of its own. Global warming is not the fault of man, though pollution is. Weak sunshine that is largely parallel to the ground will not melt arctic sea ice that is nine-tenths submerged, nor will it melt permafrost two feet below the surface.

"The embarrassment of science is shortly to end [...] inexorably [with the] revival of Aristotle. Aristotle is a game-changer.

"The whole reason for Aristotle, the whole reason for the I-Ching, the whole reason for the Hindu Doshas, was to replace opinion with structure. Science must be superior to mere ego.

"It is structure that western science lacks. It is lack of structure that has rendered science a long series of fads, many of them dead ends, more than a few of them dangerous.

"It was Aristotelian physics that guided the Greeks and Romans. It was lost when Rome fell, but kept alive in the Islamic world, where it was rediscovered in the plunder of the Crusades and then laboriously translated (12th Century Translators), which then touched off the Italian Renaissance.

"Where it was picked up by the Germans. Who were suffering from an excess of Church repression, which led to Luther’s revolt, which led to the 30 Years War of 1618- 48, which destroyed Germany and German culture and science.

"Whereupon, not two years later, the French declared a new “enlightened” system. The French had not studied Aristotle, they were not interested. The French knew what they liked, and they knew they were right. Monarchists at heart (they still are, bless their Catholic souls), they declared their opinions to be “science.”

"The link between the 30 Years War and the Enlightenment, the critical link, is that the Germans declared a right to the religion of their choice, whereupon the French declared a right to the science of theirs. The Germans discarded the Trinity. The French discarded Aristotle.

"And both will swear, to their dying day, that God told them so, and that logic and proof are on their side. If either were true, there would not be a thousand post-Luther Christian religions, nor a science so complex and messy and contradictory that no living person can understand it.

"Unable to publish coherent books, engaged in mindless witch hunts, science is dead. [...] ARISTOTLE, THE REAL SCIENCE"

Anyway, it's going to be a busy day so I thank you all for your time and would like to say again that this is all just my opinion, blah blah blah. Enjoy your thread. :)

Maybe. We'll see if the thread is allowed to proceed without hectoring from the sidelines.

PLEASE NOTE: I feel I need to say for clarity: I subscribe to the scientific method, honor science and it's accomplishments and enjoy a good crackin' analytical deconstruct. However, I don't see the scientific mind-set as the one-and-only way of looking at existence. The idea of narrowing my world experience to 'one way' feels claustrophobic. As always, any idea needs to be held lightly, turned often and let go when no longer helpful to one - allowing that it may be valuable for others still.

The universe, I am convinced, is far more complex than even the best thinker I have come across has been able to articulate. I prefer my personal experience of the mysteries of being - and the warmth of a good love. In the end, that is all that matters in any given moment. :)

Last edited:
Another thought is that science can only study repeated/repeatable phenomena - are all phenomena recurrent? Are there one-offs?

So says science as it is defined in certain quarters. Which means a great deal cannot be subject to scientific inquiry. The lens is actually narrow.

Whether they are recurrent or not takes a time frame. Whether they are one-offs takes a time frame - from the scientific model perspective. However, most scientific discoveries take place outside of time. Oft times the intuition happens and then the scientist designs the experiments to prove the intuition (theory). Science more often than not is inspired by a preconceived idea. :eek:

Fact is, the scientific method is useful for what it is useful for. Anything outside that lens gets discounted. There are limitations.

The quote from Nietzsche's The Gay Science that I posted above touches on this and other questions about our notion of causality. And causality isn't something we've directly explored here . . .

Is not the question of causality a ticking time bomb for the atheist skeptic?

if I am committed to an open mind and perhaps more importantly, if I believe in the process of science - then I can't come to a conclusion (ever).

For anything to have come into existence there has to have been conclusions, not so? The act of loving is a conclusion. Loving is a commitment. Bringing a child into the world......but perhaps you mean this in regards thinking. Never conclude you have all the facts - have the final model - I agree.

Just got called in to work - hope all enjoy the next couple of days whatever you are doing! If you are travelling be safe!

Happy holidays, Steve! :)

NOTE: Check 'Note' in above post. :)

Last edited:
Let me flesh it out a little . . . I'll try to find some specific examples but you've seen this. . . this may just be a technique for accessing intuition or the unconscious or whatever but since we don't know exactly what any of that is . . . so, what little knacks or tricks or ways of solving problems do you consistently use that you can't fully explain in a "rational" sense . . . better?

My career has been largely that of a troubleshooter of large computer systems. As such systematic, practiced approaches based in an intimate knowledge of the systems involved always seemed to result in the "quickest fix." However, the brain works in mysterious ways and makes connections beneath the surface that sometimes jump past decision trees and procedures. I've probably been as wrong as many times as right when I went on a "gut feeling" and circumvented the normal process though. The "It was this last time", or "I know this part fails routinely." sort of things doesn't count I think, but there are examples of the brain making connections and predictions on a subconscious level that seem paranormal at times. I think these things are the result of a very sophisticated and layered process occurring unconsciously in the brain rather than paranormal cognition of a fault in a computer system or what have you.

The "process" is a bit different as writer looking at technical information trying to distill it into understandable prose rather than indecipherable jargon. As a "creative writer" the process becomes a mix of practiced technique and abstruse mysticism that attempts let the subconscious communicate with the conscious mind to send it through the fingers into the keys. ...or something like that. It's mostly about letting something happen.

I believe to use the "intuition" is to arm your subconscious mind with data and then allowing it to speak. Hearing it is the trick. Wait, what was that?

Merry Christmas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back