• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Colleen Thomas

We have swerved into a larger issue: the classic "Facebook Moment". How about the boobs and butts of royalty in glaring color on our home monitors, right along with the messy foibles of the rest of us ? I think the accelerating interconnectedness of today's world will eventually make monkeys of us all. :confused:

There are a thousand such stories in the naked city of the UFO sub-culture. Colleen needs professional help and anyone listening to her for more than five minutes knows that. It is only natural to laugh at slapstick, whether it is psychological or physical. Laughter is a human reaction to absurdity and nothing whatsoever to feel guilty about. Crying for Colleen, I'm afraid, is an exercise in futility. She is to be pitied and used as a cautionary tale. However, anyone entering into the arena as a "messenger" of some kind is subject to catcalls and things thrown from the seats. I don't think it matters to the crowd what drove them there, just that the message is absurd or otherwise unpalatable. Perhaps, if we all were more emotionally mature or "spiritually advanced" we wouldn't find attractive crazy ladies so much fun to watch and discuss, but what kind of world would that be my friend, what kind of world indeed? A place where there is no red meat on the menu or beer in the fridge I imagine.

As a topic in ufology subculture, and for someone like me who takes more than a casual interest in ufology, I feel motivated to look below the surface and to try to understand the root causes rather than be content participating in "catcalls and things thrown from the seats". I recognize that what may seem crazy may not be so crazy when provided with a more complete picture of the situation. Before casting judgment it behooves me to identify the mitigating factors and the context within the bigger picture. Posting the video above helps provide our forum readers with another perspective. I'm not saying that your observations aren't accurate Train ( they are ), but even if none of the information in the What You Don't Know About Colleen Thomas video is true, there are some points that anyone with a heart can't help but resonate with. These are real people within our community. If they need help. How can we help them ... or at the very least understand them?

The phenomena that gives rise to these contactee experiences may be real and something other than a natural disconnect with objective reality. In addition to the other possibilities mentioned in my earlier post, perhaps she's being manipulated by forces we aren't aware of. Consider the experiments done in MKULTRA. Remember Frank Olson? He was slipped LSD and went into a severe depression and committed suicide. It took over 20 years for the truth about that to come out. Think of the Bennewitz case. Consider the possibility of ultrasonic transmitters and a secret disinformation campaign to put "voices in people's heads". Maybe she needs a completely different kind of professional help than most people think. Certainly the picture we see on the surface is bound to evoke some predictable reactions, but it wouldn't be responsible to draw our conclusions on those surface reactions alone.

I applaud your nobility. However, I for one can not tell the crazy from the charlatan in this field. So, pity escapes me. Count me on the side of openly mocking the absurdity.

BTW, She sure has a nice home for a crazy person. Anyone care to venture what a 2 story house with nice interior costs in California?

These are real people within our community. If they need help. How can we help them ... or at the very least understand them?

I found all these things out about Colleen shortly after her public "debut" because I did make an effort to understand what was going on with her. (I don't always blab everything I know when I know it.) I saw no reason to heap more pitiful on the pile.

Crying for Colleen is as I said, completely pointless and does her no good. No one can help her but the people close to her.

The phenomena that gives rise to these contactee experiences may be real and something other than a natural disconnect with objective reality.

I am reasonably convinced that Colleen is not a contactee, abductee, or anything else but a distraction.

Geez i turn around and miss this entire Thread? Sheesh...

Are we talking about Colleen Thomas or Kerry Cassidy...i get them confused they sound almost identical now a days :(

Well there's always Team Ghost Riders

I found all these things out about Colleen shortly after her public "debut" because I did make an effort to understand what was going on with her. (I don't always blab everything I know when I know it.) I saw no reason to heap more pitiful on the pile. Crying for Colleen is as I said, completely pointless and does her no good. No one can help her but the people close to her. I am reasonably convinced that Colleen is not a contactee, abductee, or anything else but a distraction.

I wonder if any objective ufologist has spent any time interviewing her and investigating the case or if everything we're getting is filtered through second, third, fourth hand information?

I wonder if any objective ufologist has spent any time interviewing her and investigating the case or if everything we're getting is filtered through second, third, fourth hand information?

The motivation for that would be what? To weigh the veracity of her claims? I don't think that is necessary. I think you can get plenty of "first hand" information from Colleen herself in the form of her videos.

The motivation for that would be what? To weigh the veracity of her claims? I don't think that is necessary. I think you can get plenty of "first hand" information from Colleen herself in the form of her videos.

All we see is a low quality image on a website of a woman talking. For all we really know it's all scripted by someone else. This is one issue I don't have any firsthand information or experience on and no independent verifiable journalistic references. Other than your comment about it being a distraction, I don't see any reason to draw any firm conclusions about what she really believes or what kind of person she really is.

All we see is a low quality image on a website of a woman talking. For all we really know it's all scripted by someone else. This is one issue I don't have any firsthand information or experience on and no independent verifiable journalistic references. Other than your comment about it being a distraction, I don't see any reason to draw any firm conclusions about what she really believes or what kind of person she really is.

Well, do your research and come back and tell us your conclusions.

Geez i turn around and miss this entire Thread? Sheesh...

Are we talking about Colleen Thomas or Kerry Cassidy...i get them confused they sound almost identical now a days :(

Well there's always Team Ghost Riders

I see your Monkey riding a dog and raise you a Chimp on a Segway. (just keeping it real)

Well, do your research and come back and tell us your conclusions.

Fair comment, and if she lived in Calgary I would. But my resources are way too limited and I've got way too many other things I should be doing ( like working on a way to get more resources ). I shouldn't even be spending this much time on the forum, but it's somehow sort of therapeutic when I can't seem to focus on "work".

The monkey riding backwards on a pig is pretty hard to follow, so I'm bringing out the big guns.

TWO monkeys riding one Jupiter Missile and then holding a press conference.

However, I for one can not tell the crazy from the charlatan in this field.

Ron, that's a key point. The distinction sometimes even escapes those working at personal rather than virtual distances. What most of us have are impersonal images on our screens floating in from the public sector. I think it inevitable that the public will respond to those images rather than the person(s) depicted in them.

BTW...I like the simian videos :)

Back