• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Coast2Coast w/ George Knapp This Sunday w/ Christopher O'Brien!

Thanks for listening! Good point—there were a few times when the local ad blocks went by as blank air, I thought I had lost the call. Then Knapp would come back on and talk about what we were going to talk about and then another 4 to 5 minute block of commercials was aired.

All-in-all, I thought the show went well. David Perkins helped temper my enthusiasm and helped generate some of the lighter, more humorous moments. I did cover a lot of ground. We'll see how people respond to the blitz of complicated data, facts and opinions as the show gets listened to by all the subscribers in the coming days, etc.
Gotta go...Its almost 3:30 AM here and I have a big day tomorrow. More later as it develops....

I thought that bringing Perkins on was a great idea. You've given him so much credit in the past, and it was good to put his reputation together with a voice and some personality. I think he added very positively to the interview.

I must admit the interview was better than the usual C2C fare. Knapp is an outstanding host. I recorded the show and will be listening again on my way to work.

That may be a problem. It appears C2C charges for podcast access, which means that posting a link to an episode may violate their network's copyright. If one is put online, I suppose you could search for it, though. But no links please. I'm sure you understand. We don't need any aggravation from Clear Channel.

True enough you do not want to have problems.

I guess I will hear the show in due time when I see a copy of it pop up on line.

sorry Gene a pirate plea on here seems rude, I'll wait to hear it on YouTube!

internet-pirate.png

Yar! me Harty!

"Does anyone know if you can download C2C without joining on their website?? "

I broke down and joined for George knapp and David P interviews almost exclusively but you will most likely be able to hear it on YouTube if you search it daily for a few weeks. YouTube used to have about a million channels streaming it but somehow C2C is not public radio??? Or something?? It's not proprietary is it?? Is radio free anymore?? I guess that's another talk but yeah....oh yeah that was the point right, so just go to YOUTUBE and put in date of show for next few days and you should find it. Or just fork over like 1.99 and use the c2c insider app for a week. You'll want more though.... It's like a drug. You can listen to every guest ever and whenever you want all the way back to the oldest shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The network can decide how to distribute its shows. This is why I wouldn't put a link here. But if you find it somewhere, I'd have no control over that. :)

"Does anyone know if you can download C2C without joining on their website?? "

I broke down and joined for George knapp and David P interviews almost exclusively but you will most likely be able to hear it on YouTube if you search it daily for a few weeks. YouTube used to have about a million channels streaming it but somehow C2C is not public radio??? Or something?? It's not proprietary is it?? Is radio free anymore?? I guess that's another talk but yeah....oh yeah that was the point right, so just go to YOUTUBE and put in date of show for next few days and you should find it. Or just fork over like 1.99 and use the c2c insider app for a week. You'll want more though.... It's like a drug. You can listen to every guest ever and whenever you want all the way back to the oldest shows.

The C2C Insider member is allowed two computers and one other device to listen thru to their past shows. If you're fortunate enough to know someone like this, they may entrust you with their password, enabling you to listen to the “STH” interview, along with other archived shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is an outdated way of making the show available to people who don't listen to the live feed, or broadcast. If we did a premium version of The Paracast, and we're trying to get the network to work it out with us, it would be an ad-free version. The regular version must be free even for those who aren't listening to the live broadcast or streaming feed.

I realize C2C is pulling in a lot of money with this scheme, but I think there are more listener-friendly ways to monetize a show. And we do need the money.

It doesn’t seem fair to the researcher who only has one chance to be heard, unless you happen to be a paying C2C Insider member. Having a free pass, the opportunity has arisen to meander thru their archive. There are interviews from researchers that should be made available free of charge, (advertising included), to the general public. Only a fraction of C2C interviews ever get to see the light of YouTube, and only then evaporating into the ether, never to be seen or heard from again. The C2C empire works just fine for Premiere Networks, and so long as the huddled masses continue shelling out the dough nothing will change.

You'll also notice that the parent of Premiere Networks, Clear Channel, isn't doing so well financially these days. They really need to make a better effort to embrace the 21st century.

This may be one of the reasons for Clear Channel’s financial woes. Apparently, listener numbers are in sharp decline for numerous reasons as stated below. Listeners = Bell 6-12 Million / Noory = 275-300 hundred thousand. If below is stated fact, I stand corrected as the once mighty Coast to Coast AM is not the behemoth that it once was.

Coast to Coast AM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“Criticism of declining quality, and declining ratings under George Noory

Art Bell stated that the decision to come out of retirement was entirely his, a response to the direction that Noory has taken the show—closer to political talk radio rather than the open-minded exploration of the supernatural that defined Bell's tenure. Noory, Bell says, has "ruined" the franchise of Coast to Coast AM.[4] Bell has publicly stated on his Facebook that he no longer wishes to be associated with Coast to Coast AM. There are also internet forums which have sprung up which are overwhelmingly critical of Noory hosting Coast to Coast. AM.[5]

The Commonsense show has described Noory led Coast to Coast by the following: When Art Bell relinquished control of his program to corporate interests, Premier and ultimately Clear Channel, Coast to Coast was never the same as the show took a turn and became reflective of “the corporate message”. Noory’s listening numbers are nothing to write home about. Bell has an estimated 6-12 million listeners on any given night. In contrast, Noory’s numbers are a paltry 275,000 to 300,000 listeners per night. George Noory is the perfect front man and his numbers take on a secondary level of importance because he is very good at protecting the corporate turf and is very careful to only take risks on subjects which the corporate sponsors do not care about (e.g. crystal skulls, near death experiences, psychic mediums, etc.). Gone are the former days of Art Bell’s hard hitting journalism.[6] The ratings of Coast to Coast AM under Noory have fallen to only 3.25 million listeners per week. Coast to Coast AM previously boasted a weekly listening audience in excess of 10 million listeners.[7]

Sorry Chris, I don't mean to hijack your thread. I've listened to this interview, and I thought it was exceptional.

I stopped caring about listening to Coast to Coast when they took them off XM radio and cracked down on youTube postings of the show. Listening to the recent John Lear fiasco show made me realize just how totally non-relevant the show has become and has been for some time.

I stopped listening to C2C when snorry made a fool of lamant wood. His book is quite excellent and snorry sure did not read it. ..

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

It's to bad that coast to coast has few honest hard hitting journalists . When they lost Ian I was concerned that Knapp wouldn't take more slots. I would be more then happy to pay for an exclusively knapp & Ian Show!! I really find both of them to be top guns in their field. Right up there with some of those guys over at that paracast show.... Lol. Anyways I agree with the folks complaining about having to pay for the premium advert free playback . It seems to me that their under the impression that the only people they have left are the hard core c2c heads who will pay absurd money to listen.... I don't think its helped them as a core group. I wonder who's getting the largest piece of that potato? It's radio.... Radio has always been recorded and destructed and redistributed and they don't have any disclaimer or legal admissions claiming any legalities preventing duplication or distribution so I don't understand why YouTube has gone all nazi on coast posts??

Back