• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Coast to Coast looses all crediblity

trainedobserver

Paranormally Disenchanted
George Noory and Coast to Coast simply have no credibility left, if they had any to begin with.
David Sereda is a space scientist! Really?
Sereda takes William Shockley's name in vain in an incredibly stupid psycho babble about transistors. What an embarrassing horror! Noory has no discernment or shame.

Sereda claims to have invented a faster than light transmission device that he uses to communicate with aliens. His story gets weirder as he goes along. Comets, earthquakes, messages in the clouds, etc., etc.

I heard that ! A couple of callers put him on the carpet asking to which of the 100,000 suns in the Pleiades he had "beamed" his message

Sigh. I still remember the good old days when Father Malichai Martin would come on and have an all nighter with Art Bell. I first heard Doctor Kaku with Art. Not that Art didn't have his share of Hoaglands and others. But, back then it was at least fun and at times even informative. Art interviewed Dean Koontz and George Carlin and you just never knew what might happen. But, now? It's a shame really.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

He talked with Father Martin one night around 4 hours about a murder in a Catholic neighborhood. Nothing supernatural that night (although Father Martin was an exorcist) just a good old chat that was classic talk radio.

I remember those days its a shame that C2C has become like this.I wish Noory would give this show to George Knapp maybe then it would start to gain back the credibility it has lost.

I heard this last night...I was surpised at George for not calling him on the carpet...then George OFFERED to send him an MP3 with 3 questions to be "beamed to the stars...100% pure rubbish...I hope Bell fights to get the show back...SOON Noory HAS to go!

---------- Post added 09-30-2011 at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-29-2011 at 11:53 PM ----------

this is where I lost all faith in the show...

NOW when you get to the gettysburg part of the story tell me WHAT IS WRONG with the story..and WHY it can't be true! if some one dose not catch it Ill tell you all!

I love the part where he says he is "well aware of", "knows everything about", and has been offered a live demonstration of "the very classified Super Tesla Death Ray" , which is "the most classified weapon ever." Zing-bow and right on to the next thought. What gets the guy who doesn't know a camera artifact from a mile wide UFO a demo of "The Most Classified Weapon Ever!"?

It's strange; I didn't think C2C had any credibility to begin with? Then again, I'm only going off of what I've heard while lurking around The Paracast crowd, too.

It's strange; I didn't think C2C had any credibility to begin with? Then again, I'm only going off of what I've heard while lurking around The Paracast crowd, too.

I never thought Noory claimed any, actually i think i remember an interview where he said something along the lines of "Sure many of my guests and there stories are totally kookoo, but it makes for great radio, why should i challenge their words ?"
To a point i guess he´s right.

In these fields each of us has his own level at which we set our lunacy filter. Claiming to debunk Einstein by talking to another race via faster then light radio places this guy in the crazy bin for a lot of us but where does one draw the line as a producer?

It must take a lot of self control to sit and calmly converse with a nut job like Sereda and not verbally bitch slap him silly. Not long ago I heard David Childress on the Paracast speculate that the moon is populated by ancient Indians who live in underground cities. That set off my nut case alarms but I'm sure some people believe in it firmly. What right do I have to impose my limits on others? When your in the business of interviewing people who walk the gray area between reality and fiction its best to let the listener decide what to believe. If I don't find it informative I can always find it entertaining if I choose - the latter being the case frequently. Some of you take offense to people like Sereda and by extension Noory too, which is another choice and that's okay with me - I'm just tossing in a different perspective.

Regards to all,
Gary

Even though it runs me nuts and I think Noory is just awful I have to admit the sense of what you say. We who honestly would like to pull back the curtain on some things are frustrated at times. That's because we forget (or I can at times) that it's Entertainment first and not a science conference.

Failing to ask even minimally challenging questions makes for boring radio. But since they have 25 times more stations than we do, maybe we shouldn't complain. But I will anyway.

Failing to ask even minimally challenging questions makes for boring radio. But since they have 25 times more stations than we do, maybe we shouldn't complain. But I will anyway.

btw Mr Steinberg (or may i say Gene?) i´ve wanted to mention this in another thread,
In comparison to the past (especially the shows back with David) you guys have also (atleast imo) cut back on giving your guests slack. (in terms of disagreeing with theories or questioning stories/etc)
Am i wrong in saying so ?
I understand it´s easier getting new guests on the show if the previous ones don´t leave a head shorter but i do wish a bit of the old snappiness. :p

Some of you take offense to people like Sereda and by extension Noory too, which is another choice and that's okay with me - I'm just tossing in a different perspective.

I'm obviously entertained and amused by them or I wouldn't listen. I personally think Noory sees it all primarily as entertainment where honesty and reality are thrown out the window. I think Sereda is hawking crystal necklaces, zero-point energy, and who knows what else. Does he believe he is talking to aliens or is this just his latest act in the carnival sideshow? I can't tell.

I'm obviously entertained and amused by them or I wouldn't listen. I personally think Noory sees it all primarily as entertainment where honesty and reality are thrown out the window. I think Sereda is hawking crystal necklaces, zero-point energy, and who knows what else. Does he believe he is talking to aliens or is this just his latest act in the carnival sideshow? I can't tell.

Well said.

And to Gene Steinberg, I wouldn't change a thing because if we didn't have diversity in radio it too would be boring.

Regards,
Gary

* I meant don't change the Paracast format.

It all sounds so insane, but it's all context. In Hollywood, it wouldn't even pass for a middling sci-fi script.

Personally I have enough room in my reality for this guy to be telling the truth AND for him not to be completely insane. Does that mean I think it translates to consensus reality: nah.

I really cannot listen to C2C it makes me want to beat my head on the table screaming no no no you are all insane and or full of BS...mostly full of BS.. But hey that’s just me I guess I like a touch more credibility to the people I listen to on the subject of the paranormal and C2C is way to light on that for me.

Sometimes I think the voice of Noory is a computer algorithm with a limited set of pre-programmed questions and responses. Art had his share of know-nothings. But he still managed to coax listeners to think outside the box. Art had a certain intriguing "vibe". Noory's style is about as mysterious as oatmeal. Sorry to sound rude. But bland is bland.

Back