• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chase Brandon back 8-16-2012

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
If you caught the Chase Brandon episode you know there was a lot we never got to because of time constraints. I spoke to him this past afternoon and he has agreed to come back on DMR Thursday the 16th-17th for an additional interview. This is a heads up Gang. I promise to try to open the lines at the top of at least the second hour.

Decker

I got to be honest i taught this would be a bad interview, and wasn't expecting much from Chase Brandon. But was gladly surprised he turned out to be well informed guest.

What about the Roswell stuff he claimed he found inside the box at the CIA.

From what i gather the box contained files marked Roswell. He didn't make out to be any bigger than that. Personally i find his story not that unlikely, He had the intelligence background to have came across such a box!

He is not saying he saw an alien ship or saw alien bodies he saw files. And he was not revealing much what the files said either. He seems legit to me without knowing him personally to be 100% per cent sure.

Anyway looking forward to listening to him again.

What about the Roswell stuff he claimed he found inside the box at the CIA.

From what i gather the box contained files marked Roswell. He didn't make out to be any bigger than that. Personally i find his story not that unlikely, He had the intelligence background to have came across such a box!

He is not saying he saw an alien ship or saw alien bodies he saw files. And he was not revealing much what the files said either. He seems legit to me without knowing him personally to be 100% per cent sure.

It's nice to him to agreed to come back for another show. Though, he still said that it confirmed his belief that roswell was a crash of an alien craft. With such a thing, he couldn't give any details on what exactly he saw in these files nor the date that he stumbled upon them (he vaguely mentionned the year 1997). Apart from that, is it believable that the CIA would let files of such an importance in a place opened to everyone, with files marked "Roswell" and not filed secret? I wished the show had focused more on these questions...Without any further explanations I don't see his claims very plausible

It's nice to him to agreed to come back for another show. Though, he still said that it confirmed his belief that roswell was a crash of an alien craft. With such a thing, he couldn't give any details on what exactly he saw in these files nor the date that he stumbled upon them (he vaguely mentionned the year 1997). Apart from that, is it believable that the CIA would let files of such an importance in a place opened to everyone, with files marked "Roswell" and not filed secret? I wished the show had focused more on these questions...Without any further explanations I don't see his claims very plausible
Oddly enough there have been stories well before this story ever broke. In fact this is not the first time Chase has gone public about the existence of the secret file room. He has mentioned it before while still in the employ of the CIA as the head of the Entertainment Liaison Office. He first spoke of it while talking about the Bay of Pigs incident. I will need to track down the back up for that but the next time Don gets him to come on his show he can ask him.

Also, for any trivia nuts out there, he is a cousin of actor Tommy Lee Jones. It has been rumored that this was a factor in his being chosen to head up the Entertainment Liaison Office.

Oddly enough there have been stories well before this story ever broke. In fact this is not the first time Chase has gone public about the existence of the secret file room. He has mentioned it before while still in the employ of the CIA as the head of the Entertainment Liaison Office. He first spoke of it while talking about the Bay of Pigs incident. I will need to track down the back up for that but the next time Don gets him to come on his show he can ask him.

What would be interesting to know is what exactly he recalls was written in these documents, because he just said what he saw confirmed his belief that the Roswell incident was a ufo crash. Putting myself in that position, I believe you wouldn't forget what a document read which would makes you believe such a thing!

What would be interesting to know is what exactly he recalls was written in these documents, because he just said what he saw confirmed his belief that the Roswell incident was a ufo crash. Putting myself in that position, I believe you wouldn't forget what a document read which would makes you believe such a thing!
He is forbidden to disclose actual detail by his security oaths. His wording is precise and designed to communicate an idea without breaking those oaths. This is all you will ever get from him. But, when you consider that he was in the clandestine service for 25 years prior to heading the Entertainment Office you can bet your ass he remembers every aspect of what he read and saw there.

He is forbidden to disclose actual detail by his security oaths. His wording is precise and designed to communicate an idea without breaking those oaths. This is all you will ever get from him. But, when you consider that he was in the clandestine service for 25 years prior to heading the Entertainment Office you can bet your ass he remembers every aspect of what he read and saw there.

Yet he said that these documents weren't filed secret or anything and that he found them basically in a public library of the CIA if I recall exactly, so I don't see why he couldn't go further on some details about them.

You are incorrect. This is what he said In. Huffington Post interview.

"It was a vaulted area and not everybody could get in it," Brandon told The Huffington Post. "One day, I was looking around in there and reading some of the titles that were mostly hand-scribbled summations of what was in the boxes. And there was one box that really caught my eye. It had one word on it: Roswell."

You are incorrect. This is what he said In. Huffington Post interview.

"It was a vaulted area and not everybody could get in it," Brandon told The Huffington Post. "One day, I was looking around in there and reading some of the titles that were mostly hand-scribbled summations of what was in the boxes. And there was one box that really caught my eye. It had one word on it: Roswell."

Actually I dont' know this interview, so he might have said this as well. But again, I'm pretty sure he said in Don's shows that the files weren't secret, and on a less degree that they were in a kind of library, with no specific access (apart from being from the CIA I believe), things which I found justly odd. If I'm not mistaken, it seems there is some discrepancy here, at least on the restricted access or not of the room where he found the files.

I just recently listened again to another show to check some stuff so I'm not really into going again to the two shows to verify if I'm wrong or not... But maybe someone who listened to the show could confirm/invalidate these points?

I just checked out and my memory 's still not too bad after all ;). In the 1st show :

At 1h28'50" Don was wondering if Chase was violating the law by going through these documents, which Chase replied to by saying that it was an open part of the library in which anyboby of the agency, regardless of clearancies, could have access to what was on the shelves.

At 1h32'26", he clearly states that nothing in the box was classified (and much less secret) and repeats that it was basically just "a box in a library".

He also said in a metaphoric way that there was no real piece of evidence of alien material, or colour photos in the box. The materials it contained were information and reports gathered at the time by eyewitnesses, people who picked up thing...

After rehearing parts of these shows, I changed my mind on Chase Brandon's Claims : my opinion is that he could well speaks the truth on what he saw. The kind of materials he describes is coherent with the CIA's task to collect all sort of informations pertaining to national security. The Roswell affair, regardless what really happened, was certainly a matter of national security, for example simply on the manner the event was handled (if it was a secret project or a ET crash).

I think too much has been made on some level of Chase's claims, infering or alleging things he didn't really said. In essence the materials he saw in the box seemed to be reports based on eyewitness testimonies which don't differ much to any testimony civilian researcher could come up with, except the fact that there were gathered by the CIA, closer to the time of the event and may include testimonies of people unknown to civilian researchers (military personnel?).

What's strange is that he wouldn't say what he saw specifically in the documents, arguing that it was CIA property. I don't find this is a valuable argument at all and if you'd come up claiming you saw some documents confirming alien visitation the least woud be to give some details about these, moreover when they're not classified. Who gives a damn?!

Ah Chicago, so you also found this sub-forum? And you managed to bring along your snarky attitude also? Well tell us my friend, just what is your claim to fame? So far you manage to come in to these forums with a real smart ass attitude, and then hit and run? Let me give you some advice, keep it soft and pleasant till we get to know you and you may manage to stick around a while. Piss every body off by your wise ass shit and see you sail outta here. There, that should be pretty clear.

Decker

Your shorts are safe. :)

Technically, once an IP number is banned, it should stay banned. But the system isn't 100%, and it doesn't stop someone from spoofing another IP number, or just having their broadband provider reset their account, which can change the IP number they use.

Back