• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Can you or would you communicate with a shadow being?

Therefore if it our minds (a theory) playing tricks what is causing this to happen out side interference from electrical charges, chemical imbalance, climate manipulation of cold & hot, vibrational sounds?

Just entering the fray for the sake of it: I think the very concepts we bring into an encounter pose the most difficult obstacles to overcome. For instance: for some (it seems) Shadow People are synonomous with evil. Not bagging on anyones preconceived notions (especially regarding myth), but wouldn't this pose a substantial barrier to communication? Despite the entity, if I ever had the fortune of encountering a being, any being, other than human, I'd give conversation a whirl -screw the preconceptions, let the encounter inform the bias. Hell, I'd have tea with Beelzebub if he'd chat me up.

You people sound like you are convinced that demonic beings and ghosts exist. What makes you say that? Any personal experiences?

Yes. I still don't know how much is psychological and how much is spiritual or inter dimensional or even if it matters. But, yes.

Our mind can make us both hear and see things - it's not a stretch to say that these "shadow beings" are in one's mind. I'd say that thinking that they are some sort of other dimensional being is infinitely more of a stretch.

The mind is a pattern recognition machine. It looks for familiar patterns and fills in the blanks if some bit is missing. Shadows can become people, ropes can become coiled up snakes, and ice falling from the ice maker can become a late night intruder.

Having said that, I do think there is a possibility that there may be entities outside of our range of normal perception. In fact we know there are real phenomena that we cannot casually perceive such as X-rays, magnetic fields, and so forth. I believe we're thinking about it wrong when we think of other dimensions like they were somewhere other than where we are now. In reality, the 3 dimensional presentation that human beings understand as their minds is an illusionary spectrum limited model of the larger 10 or 11 dimensional (how many are they saying now, I can't keep up) reality that we actually exist in. Therefore it might be more correct to say there may be inhabitants of the real world that are not casually perceived by us or displayed properly by our central nervous systems to our consciousness. Are there intelligent inhabitants of the real world that are going about their business normally as ignorant of us as we are of them due to similar brain/mind system design limitations? Who knows? Its pure speculation.

As far as the question of the post goes, given how hard in can be to communicate with normal human beings I can't imagine what kind of garbled mess human to non-human communications would turn out to be.

I don't mean to be completely dismissive, but the thing that gets me about the shadow person experience is that they are commonly and almost always associated with sleep. People were sleeping, they were going to bed, it was late and they were tired, they awoke from a dream, and so forth. While this isn't adequate reason to dismiss all shadow people, it is enough for me to just not bother thinking it is in fact a "real" entity. I would think this is a clue to the shadow people phenomena.

Certainly there may be other factors involved. So whatever you ask the thing, you might in a sense, be answering yourself, ... or at least a part of your brain. This could only further confirm and reinforce the bias of shadow people being "real". Does anyone have a story involving more than one person seeing the same shadow person??

Now this is contrary to ghosts. Apparitions are seen by numerous people at times. I don't know what to think about ghosts as there seems to be more intriguing and compelling cases. I know it may sound contridictory. But from what I've read shadow people = sleep component, ghosts = varied situations and multiple witnesses. Don't know if either are "real" entities.

So what would I ask?? Can you appear in front of James Randi in a controlled situation so that I can make a million dollars??

Some ghosts constantly appear as shadows though. I can't count the number of times I've been watching Paranormal State (just this single show, although I watch others) and have seen shadows that they've documented on camera. Like moving shadow entities. On video camera. One case was a guy who'd committed suicide in his house. The house was later bought by a family and they started seeing a shadow figure that would walk around the premises and through the house on a regular basis. So not all shadow figures are related to the half-waking state.

Haven't you looked over the forum, particularly this?

Your Personal Experiences Forum

Yes, I have. But I didn't get the drift that everyone was sold on the reality of those things.

I'm gonna rephrase the question: since there was talk about the demonic, has anyone experienced such a shadowy presence and had something malevolent done to them? Are there any documented cases in which such ghosts hurt living people in a psychological or even physical way?

You know, like the guy who threw himself from a cliff after writing the book in which he claimed that an entity summoned during an occult session played with the lives of the people involved and basically tore the occult group apart? God, what was his name and the name of the book?

Some ghosts constantly appear as shadows though. I can't count the number of times I've been watching Paranormal State (just this single show, although I watch others) and have seen shadows that they've documented on camera. Like moving shadow entities. On video camera. One case was a guy who'd committed suicide in his house. The house was later bought by a family and they started seeing a shadow figure that would walk around the premises and through the house on a regular basis. So not all shadow figures are related to the half-waking state.

Paranormal state = poop

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

I don't mean to be completely dismissive, but the thing that gets me about the shadow person experience is that they are commonly and almost always associated with sleep. People were sleeping, they were going to bed, it was late and they were tired, they awoke from a dream, and so forth. While this isn't adequate reason to dismiss all shadow people, it is enough for me to just not bother thinking it is in fact a "real" entity. I would think this is a clue to the shadow people phenomena.

Certainly there may be other factors involved. So whatever you ask the thing, you might in a sense, be answering yourself, ... or at least a part of your brain. This could only further confirm and reinforce the bias of shadow people being "real". Does anyone have a story involving more than one person seeing the same shadow person??

Now this is contrary to ghosts. Apparitions are seen by numerous people at times. I don't know what to think about ghosts as there seems to be more intriguing and compelling cases. I know it may sound contridictory. But from what I've read shadow people = sleep component, ghosts = varied situations and multiple witnesses. Don't know if either are "real" entities.

So what would I ask?? Can you appear in front of James Randi in a controlled situation so that I can make a million dollars??

As someone who has witnessed "shadow people" DOZENS of times in many shapes and sizes while not being fully awake (AKA sleep paralysis) it is hard to take MOST of them as anything but a stretch of our imagination. However, I remain open to the possibility that there are some valid cases.

I would try and communicate with anything that i thought might be able to communicate with me.
What it looks like is irrelevant from my pov, bar the obvious fear aspect, ie its appearance scared me speechless.
I communicate with animals all the time, some wild birds here follow me if i walk to the shops, chatting to me all the way, if i go outside and its silent, local birds will fly in and begin chatting away, they seem to enjoy it when i mimic their calls.

Can i communicate with a shadow being, i dont know ive never tried, would i if given a chance ?
Absatively :)

Yes and no, there are times one has to deal with pests, and that can include birds.
Pidgeons for example.
Sometimes we have to choose the lessor of two evils

I would try and communicate with anything that i thought might be able to communicate with me.
What it looks like is irrelevant from my pov, bar the obvious fear aspect, ie its appearance scared me speechless.
I communicate with animals all the time, some wild birds here follow me if i walk to the shops, chatting to me all the way, if i go outside and its silent, local birds will fly in and begin chatting away, they seem to enjoy it when i mimic their calls.

Can i communicate with a shadow being, i dont know ive never tried, would i if given a chance ?
Absatively :)

You communicate with animals? You serious?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Shadow people are reminiscent of vardøgers. I saw a shadow person once, but it was a fleeting phenomenon. Maybe they are some kind of alien or agent with the ability to cloak? Or maybe they are an evolution of the MIB? I don't know what they are exactly or if it is even possible to communicate with them. No doubt some of them are merely optical illusions in people's peripheral vision. A very few might be related to hallucinations of some sort. But there are too many reports of them to think that everyone is crazy. Something starnge is going on, but what?

Seeing a hallucination doesn't mean you're crazy. Sleep paralysis is a well-studied and diagnosed phenomenon that millions of people experience daily. Its one of the few paranormal occurrences that can be debunked through science.

You communicate with animals? You serious?

Of course i am, I can tell my dog to get his ball, and he will do so, if he's hungry he tells me by bringing his bowl and dropping it on front of me, i taught a dozen of the local parrots to say "hello" and they will come down and say hello if they see me in the yard, ive even had one say hello to me as i exited the local post office, obviously one of my feathered friends who recognised me.
its a two way dialogue that has meaning to both participants

. The act of communicating; transmission.
a. The exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, signals, writing, or behavior

This fellow (I think he's been on The Paracast) has a database of reported encounters with strange humanoids, including shadow people:

Humanoid Sighting Reports Journal of Humanoid Studies

The reports are arranged chronologically and you can do a text search, but I didn't immediately see a search engine that would let you narrow down to certain types of cases, locations, etc.

Something like this (not necessarily as elaborate) would be nice:

Aviation Accident Database Query

The shadow person I saw wasn't while I was asleep. I was fully awake and it was daytime. I was at my computer. The neigbors dog started barking and I looked out my window as it darted out from behind my neighbors fence between our houses toward the front yard. This thing was not simply a person dressed in dark garments, it was ... well ... shadowy ... semi-opaque ... three dimensional ... humanoid, and it had a distinct pose of someone running, yet it seemed to glide or float instead. My son had seen it in the house a few days earlier. The neighbor's dog was definitely spooked by the thing and tried to chase it, but this thing was too fast.

Hmm...yea that sounds a bit unsettling. I've never experience anything while I was wide awake like that...only after I have just "woken up".

Hmm...yea that sounds a bit unsettling. I've never experience anything while I was wide awake like that...only after I have just "woken up".

sounds like one of those invisible alien Predator things... be careful when dealing with these.

Im not sure they pose a direct threat to us.
I think if they exist, they would have the ability to wipe us out, we ourselves could do the job a number of ways.

If the alleged hybrid program is a stealth invasion scenario it becomes a matter of perspective

as ive often mentioned we had this scenario play out in Australia.

Neville1.jpg

In 1886, Victoria's parliament passed what became known as the Half-Caste Act and started to remove Aboriginal people of mixed descent, known as 'half-castes', from the Aboriginal stations or reserves to force them to assimilate into white society. These expulsions separated families and communities, causing distress and leading to protest. Nevertheless the Board refused to assist the expelled people. It was assumed that the expulsions would lead to the decline in the population of the reserves and their eventual closure

We have hybridised the wolf to the point where its almost gone too.

And for the same reasons.......Assimilation into the larger society.

One mans stealth invasion, is anothers necessary assimilation

The doomsday meme often refered to by abductees might be a warning we are going to destroy ourselves, or an explanation of why they do what they do.
Its all a matter of perspective

Back