• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Can somebody explain Kal Korrf for me?

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
I don't know much about Kal. The little bit of video that I've seen he's presented as a level headed person that debunked Meier. But I think something happened after this where now Kal is considered "unstable". Can anybody provide any information? Thanks guys.

Long and short is that, after he did so well with Meier, he seemed to go off the rails. He got involved in making crazy comments bout writing 1,000 books and such, along with crazy personal attacks. Sad.

I don't know much about Kal. The little bit of video that I've seen he's presented as a level headed person that debunked Meier. But I think something happened after this where now Kal is considered "unstable". Can anybody provide any information? Thanks guys.

To get the lowdown, get yourself over to Don Ecker's 'Dark Matters Radio' and there is a show he did in which he covers the whole Kal Korff thing - you see Kal got fixated on Don and would not leave him alone. The episode is informative but also very funny because Don can be extremely funny and he rips Kal a new one. Several times.

Kal has been convicted of fraud, pretends to be a Colonel in an Israeli super-secret service, more secret than Mossad etc! He had to leave the USA due to impending charges and fled to Prague I think. He is totally nuts in that he literally lives multiple fantasy existences and blogs about them too.

He is a fascinating study in someone who has lost the plot but I can never come even close to explaining it all better than Don Ecker. I strongly recommend you check out the show, it's hilarious!

To get the lowdown, get yourself over to Don Ecker's 'Dark Matters Radio' and there is a show he did in which he covers the whole Kal Korff thing - you see Kal got fixated on Don and would not leave him alone. The episode is informative but also very funny because Don can be extremely funny and he rips Kal a new one. Several times.

Kal has been convicted of fraud, pretends to be a Colonel in an Israeli super-secret service, more secret than Mossad etc! He had to leave the USA due to impending charges and fled to Prague I think. He is totally nuts in that he literally lives multiple fantasy existences and blogs about them too.

He is a fascinating study in someone who has lost the plot but I can never come even close to explaining it all better than Don Ecker. I strongly recommend you check out the show, it's hilarious!
Ok, I'm taking your advice and doing it now. So it sounds like Kal is much like Col. Kurtz (Apocalypse Now). At one time was sane & valid - but something went awry along the way.

Yup, good analogy but at least Kurtz earned his rank - Korff just decides what rank he is depending on how he feels on a particular day.

Walter Mitty describes Kal too - He was pretending to be the headmaster of a school in India for a while, website and all and I'm reluctant to be particular in mentioning crimes etc in case I'm wrong and I'm defaming him etc but I'm sure there has been an incident with 'iPads for Schools' or a similarly named scam.

The really hard-to-wrap-your-head-around-it thing about Kal is that like Michael Horn, I think he actually believes his own lies. I find that utterly fascinating in a psychiatric-way. I mean of course we all lie to ourselves a little about some things in life e.g 'I'm not drinking too much' or 'I can stop smoking whenever I like' and suchlike. These lies are normal and to be expected. But to believe huge, complicated and involved lies about oneself is a pretty amazing trick of the brain. I'm sure it's a form of self-defence etc and that at the heart of the whole matter is a pretty vulnerable man dealing with serious issues - the kind we don't make fun of.

It really is an enjoyable show that one. I just love Don's years-as-a-cop-been-shot-in-Vietnam-no-nonsense approach, he can be hilarious whilst right on the money. I don't know if you were already a listener of DMR but if not, maybe this will give you a taste to check out some more.

I really recommend the re-runs of Don's early 90's 'UFOs Tonight' radio show which was co-hosted with Dwight Shultz of A-Team and Star Trek the Next Generation fame. I was stoked when I found out he was into UFOs cos I already loved him as an actor.

It really is an enjoyable show that one. I just love Don's years-as-a-cop-been-shot-in-Vietnam-no-nonsense approach, he can be hilarious whilst right on the money. I don't know if you were already a listener of DMR but if not, maybe this will give you a taste to check out some more.

I really recommend the re-runs of Don's early 90's 'UFOs Tonight' radio show which was co-hosted with Dwight Shultz of A-Team and Star Trek the Next Generation fame. I was stoked when I found out he was into UFOs cos I already loved him as an actor.
That was the first DMR show I listened to and enjoyed it quite much. Any other particular episodes I should check out? I know you said the ones from the early 90's are good but didn't know if any other episodes in particular should be checked out first. Thanks!

I listened to a good number of DMR shows (UFOs Tonight, is what it was called back then, I think) before I even started on the Paracast and I recommend them. They were a great introduction to the field. There were several moon anomaly ones that were very good. I remember one where a member of CSETI was on and there was a bit of a heated discussion between him and Don Ecker's wife.

I listened to an old episode of the Paracast with him on recently and he had zero believability with me. I almost fast forwarded through the episode.
That's what I figured. I stumbled onto an article he wrote completely bashing & trashing Don Ecker. I was really startled at how badly he was trying to put Don down. I was super skeptical because Don comes across to me as a really solid, rational thinking person and one of the "good guys" in this insane field we call UFOlogy.

Don Ecker's Kal Korff takedown . . . I re-listened to that once while I was hiking up and down some very steep hills in the local park. I don't know why I was so into ignoring nature that day, but I was walking along laughing aloud like some idiot as I listened. The funniest bits happened to coincide with the steepest terrain and let me tell you, it is HARD to walk up a steep slope doubled over with laughter; once your abs are otherwise engaged everything else stops working. I suspect a lot more investigative pieces like this could be done on people in the field if any one had time, but anyway that one is a classic.

Roughly 20 years ago Kal had a book out IIRC entitled "UFO Crash at Roswell What they don't want you to know." In fact it tells us what they DO want us to "know": Roswell was just mogul.

That's what I figured. I stumbled onto an article he wrote completely bashing & trashing Don Ecker. I was really startled at how badly he was trying to put Don down. I was super skeptical because Don comes across to me as a really solid, rational thinking person and one of the "good guys" in this insane field we call UFOlogy.

Vaeni decided to slam me after I took him and Jeff Ritzman to task after they defamed and slandered my friend Z. Sitchen shortly after his wife died. Sitchen was invited to come on Vaeni's radio show, declined and they decided to have fun with the old man. I took it personally and ripped Vaeni and Ritzman a new asshole on DMR. Vaeni, the total narcissist he is, blew his top and decided to go after me. My take on him? He can go f**k himself.

Decker

In the last few years, I have been unable to have a sensible email exchange with either of those two. In each case, they lash out irrationally. Last time I heard from Vaeni, he just wished me death and such. I suggest we put them on permanent "ignore" when going online.

Vaeni decided to slam me after I took him and Jeff Ritzman to task after they defamed and slandered my friend Z. Sitchen shortly after his wife died. Sitchen was invited to come on Vaeni's radio show, declined and they decided to have fun with the old man. I took it personally and ripped Vaeni and Ritzman a new asshole on DMR. Vaeni, the total narcissist he is, blew his top and decided to go after me. My take on him? He can go f**k himself.

Decker
I read one page of his (Vaeni) and he sounds like a complete & total J.O.

In the last few years, I have been unable to have a sensible email exchange with either of those two. In each case, they lash out irrationally. Last time I heard from Vaeni, he just wished me death and such. I suggest we put them on permanent "ignore" when going online.
Like I mentioned to Don, the little I know of Vaeni, he sounds like a complete a*****e. I think wishing death/harm to an individual is pushing it over the line.

Back