• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Black Triangles

Free episodes:

Recon said:
awesome tom,

ill have to set aside an hour or two tonight and read this whole thread and check out all this stuff, looks interesting... I have not done much looking into these Black Triangles yet, so im looking forward to it.

Thanks RECON, I appreciate it. Please read the article at my blog also GROSS SELF-PROMOTIONAL LINK HERE and let me know what you think.

Well, I have a couple things to report to you all:

1) Since Lex uploaded my graphics to the C2C site, a couple things have occurred. First, TheParacast Forums, Gene and David, have received lots of new traffic, and new forum members, as you can see. These folks are coming here because of the publicity from the C2C site, and the forum link I placed on the blog, which leads them directly to this thread. That's excellent. Many of these people are providing some pretty amazing testimony, right here in our own backyard, and I have to say that for me, it's been quite overwhelming.

2) The recent report on my blog has become a bit of a hit. A new link has been added to the wikipedia site for Black Triangles, and I've spoken to a couple of people, including the editor of UFOs.AboutUs.Com site, who also owns a couple other important Ufology sites. He's going to be reviewing my report, and then adding his own input tot he mix. All of this additional attention, like I said, is overwhelming. I'm going to stay focused on completing the report I outlined. Part 2 will deal with Black Rectangle sightings on these evenings. Part 3 will deal with military responses that took place that evening, along with additional anomolies (fireball and orb sighitngs). Part 4 will likely be a conclusion, and will probably spell out the most likely explanations. (which will include ET, by the way, in case my prior posts have got you confused).

3) Ladies and gentlemen, you would not BELIEVE the email I'm getting. Some of it is quite dramatic. Some of it is compelling. Some of it is rude. Some of it is downright HILARIOUS! :p I really need to share it with you. TRUST ME! I will, but not right now. But, boy, you won't believe some of it. Back to being serious for a moment, I've received emails from people who have claimed to have been seeing these black triangles for decades, and their stories are consistent. It's not scientific, of course. I don't know them. But when you're sitting there, getting hundreds of emails, and filtering through the most interesting ones, it's hard to ignore the message.

That's it for now. Thanks again to QM4, for all her input.

And thank you to all the new Forum members who have come over here from the Black Triangles Blog. I appreciate you sharing your experiences, and please continue to stay active in this discussion.

And of course, THANK YOU GENE AND DAVID!!!!! :cool:

Sincerely, Tom

So are they blimps?

My partner and I saw one in the California Desert in about 1996. It was bigger than a football field, took up the whole sky, was only about 25 feet above our heads, moved VERY slowly and totally silent. It looked like a charcoal metal color to me and had portholes.

If he hadn't been with me, I'd doubt I saw it at all.

It was AWESOME!

i saw a black triangle in lansing,michigan on jan 10,2000,hovering over a busy highway...big,round lights,silently hovering,it was about 7pm, it was not far above the road,it looked very flat as i approached on the highway,and it was a perfect triangle shape as i looked straight up at it thru my sunroof as i drove underneath it...pretty creepy...i could see other drivers' faces around me on the road,oddly enough,no one seemed to notice-this thing was huge,hovering perfectly still,and very low,with big round lights,and one bright light flashing on and off about once per second and a half or so.....very strange...it seemed to be observing,and i just kept driving,i got a real creepy feeling as i looked straight up at it,driving underneath it....sounds like the same thing someone else saw on jan 5,2000 ,only 5 days earlier in illinios was it?

Quick question for both RowanC and b-spray; what was your impression of what each of you saw? Did you come away from it with the idea that it was man-made or of a non-human nature?
While this question is of course entirely subjective, I'm interested in the "feelings" that seem to be attached to the sightings of triangles and what they might tell us.

BTW-Tom, didn't know if you knew, but your blog is showing up on the UFO UpDates list. . .can a History Channel special be far off?

RowanC said:
So are they blimps?

My partner and I saw one in the California Desert in about 1996. It was bigger than a football field, took up the whole sky, was only about 25 feet above our heads, moved VERY slowly and totally silent. It looked like a charcoal metal color to me and had portholes.

If he hadn't been with me, I'd doubt I saw it at all.

It was AWESOME!

They very well could be. That's one good explanation.

RowanC, welcome to TheParacast Forums! Sincerely, Tom

b-spray said:
i saw a black triangle in lansing,michigan on jan 10,2000,hovering over a busy highway...big,round lights,silently hovering,it was about 7pm, it was not far above the road,it looked very flat as i approached on the highway,and it was a perfect triangle shape as i looked straight up at it thru my sunroof as i drove underneath it...pretty creepy...i could see other drivers' faces around me on the road,oddly enough,no one seemed to notice-this thing was huge,hovering perfectly still,and very low,with big round lights,and one bright light flashing on and off about once per second and a half or so.....very strange...it seemed to be observing,and i just kept driving,i got a real creepy feeling as i looked straight up at it,driving underneath it....sounds like the same thing someone else saw on jan 5,2000 ,only 5 days earlier in illinios was it?

Yes, exactly. You're sighting occurred must days after the famous Shiloh, Ill. multiple-witness sighting.

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to TheParacast Forums!

Sincerely, Tom

Noanswers said:
Quick question for both RowanC and b-spray; what was your impression of what each of you saw? Did you come away from it with the idea that it was man-made or of a non-human nature?
While this question is of course entirely subjective, I'm interested in the "feelings" that seem to be attached to the sightings of triangles and what they might tell us.

BTW-Tom, didn't know if you knew, but your blog is showing up on the UFO UpDates list. . .can a History Channel special be far off?

HOW EXCITING! No, I didn't catch that one. Noanswers, post the link plzz.
thx, t

Noanswers said:

Noanswers, I found the link. The mailing list archives on the internet, HERE IT IS. Thanks for mentioning it, whoever "The Norm" is. ;)

I just posted Part 2! Here it is:

Monday, March 26, 2007
PART 2 OF 4: THE BLACK TRIANGLES SIGHTING EVENT 2-19-07 TO 2-22-07

THE BLACK RECTANGLES OF FEBRUARY 2007

"...to see what appeared to be a high rise building like structure hovering above him..."- FORT LORAMIE, OHIO NUFORC report, 2-19-07

"...It had a rectangular shape with about 4 or 5 rows of small rectangular lights. The lights were blinking vey fast...My heart has never raced like that before."- SOMERSET, PENNSYLVANIA NUFORC report 2-21-07

" have seen planes, planets, meteors all the like; but this was quite unusual...Have you received any reports of a large plane (or other object?) passing over our skies @ about 1:10 a.m.Thursday morning of February 22?..."
- EVANSVILLE, INDIANA NUFORC report, 2-22-07

"...I noticed a rapidly moving completely silent craft. The craft was shaped roughly like a somewhat skinny axehead, with the "axe blade" in the front..."
- ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS NUFORC report 2-22-07

kanarraville.jpg

Artist's depiction of a black rectangular UFO sighting.

INTRODUCTION

Earlier in this report, you learned that the diagram from the Black Triangle sighting in Gridley, Illinois, included a drawing of a rectangular shape. The diagram described it as follows: "...turned on side into rectangle...".

RECTANGLE2.JPG

Close up: Drawing of rectanglular craft, from Gridley, Illinois 2-20-07 witness

I spoke with the Gridley, Illinois witness about this observation in further detail, to gain some clarification, and this is what she had to say:...

FULL ARTICLE HERE:

Please let me know what you think. Thanks all. Sincerely, Tom

I would like for you to confirm that you received my eyewitness account. It was sent on Mon.

You can e-mail me with response.

RBotone said:
I would like for you to confirm that you received my eyewitness account. It was sent on Mon.

You can e-mail me with response.

RBotone, first welcome to the forum! If you emailed me and I didn't respond, I do apologize sincerely. I've gotten quite a bunch of email over the last few days, and I don't think I got back to everyone. Things have slowed down now, though, so feel free to resend it, and I promise I'll respond. My email is on the blog.

Thanks again for joining TheParacast forums!

Sincerely, Tom

In early Fall night of 2005 I saw a translucent (milky appearance) triangle above my house in Melvindale, MI. The craft was silent and had rectangles along the edges of the triangle - the narrow edges of the rectangles were on the outboard side of the triangle, and were darker than the milky interior.

The triangle seemed to appear (subconsciously causing me to look up) then disappear into the heavy overcast sky (without causing any alarm to my perception that something strang had just happened).

Another time in the late spring / early summer of 2006 above my house I saw orbs (not meteors since the velocity was inconsistent) appear, disappear, then reappear in the clear night sky. Strange thing about these orbs was that a large group appeared racing around the sky in a swarm (like bees or wasps) in a wide circle. This was so strange to me that I thought " this is too weird: I'am going into the house". and did such.

My daughter and I also saw in the same 2006 summer sky two craft (silver ovals) suddenly appear (no blinking lights and very high altitude) flying south east (perhaps toward the Fermi nuclear power plant along lake Erie). My daughter was alarmed while I was please to have a witness to enjoy the sighting.

Would appreciate anyone else with similar sightings to comment on such.
When finances permit will invest in a good digital telescope to capture pictures.

God Bless the truth to be known.

knichol5 said:
In early Fall night of 2005 I saw a translucent (milky appearance) triangle above my house in Melvindale, MI. The craft was silent and had rectangles along the edges of the triangle - the narrow edges of the rectangles were on the outboard side of the triangle, and were darker than the milky interior.

The triangle seemed to appear (subconsciously causing me to look up) then disappear into the heavy overcast sky (without causing any alarm to my perception that something strang had just happened).

Another time in the late spring / early summer of 2006 above my house I saw orbs (not meteors since the velocity was inconsistent) appear, disappear, then reappear in the clear night sky. Strange thing about these orbs was that a large group appeared racing around the sky in a swarm (like bees or wasps) in a wide circle. This was so strange to me that I thought " this is too weird: I'am going into the house". and did such.

My daughter and I also saw in the same 2006 summer sky two craft (silver ovals) suddenly appear (no blinking lights and very high altitude) flying south east (perhaps toward the Fermi nuclear power plant along lake Erie). My daughter was alarmed while I was please to have a witness to enjoy the sighting.

Would appreciate anyone else with similar sightings to comment on such.
When finances permit will invest in a good digital telescope to capture pictures.

God Bless the truth to be known.

Hello, Knichol5. Welcome to TheParacast Forums. Thank you for posting your experience. It's never too late to report it to NUFORC, and of course, any kind of photographic evidence or video evidence that you might capture, would be of keen interest to just about all of us.

Please continue to stay active in this discussion, and welcome again.

Sincerely, Tom

Didn't know if you'd seen this report, Tom. It seems to fit the pattern of locale.
The following article appeared on the Quad Cities online newspaper in conjunction with the local paper.
You've got to feel sorry for the woman when some dumb-ass prof. accuses her of confusing Saturn or Jupiter for a triangle in flight. Somebody should write a book on the attributing anomalous aircraft to planets. I don't care how stupid one is, the chances you are going to mistake a planet for a triangle (again, whatever they are) is absurd.

Silvis woman claims to have seen a UFO maybe

03/29/2007 By Anthony Watt

At first, she thought what she was seeing was something ordinary.

"As I pulled out of my driveway, I noticed it," Theresa Sinclair, 58, Silvis said. "I thought it was an airplane that was very low."

It was about 6:30 a.m. March 23, and Ms. Sinclair was on her way to her job at the Rock Island Arsenal. What she saw through the open window of her car was a triangular shape in the sky, with bright red, green and white lights along its edges, outlining the shape.

When Ms. Sinclair first saw it, the triangle appeared to be over a high-rise building at the intersection of 10th Street and Crosstown Avenue. She couldn't say what distance it actually was away from her, but it appeared big.

She said she then looked away because she was concentrating on driving west on Crosstown, but when she looked up again, it was moving -- fast.

"It just, like, zipped to Jewel (grocery store), then it zipped to over by Colona Road," Ms. Sinclair said.

She stopped her car at the intersection of Crosstown and 10th Street and got out to have a better look.

"I decided I was intrigued at this point," Ms. Sinclair said. "Then I looked up, and it was gone."

The whole episode only took three or four minutes, she said.

The whole time she observed the object, she did not hear anything like the sounds of jet engines or helicopter blades. It appeared to stay the same distance away from her the whole time.

"I heard nothing, I heard nothing at all," Ms. Sinclair said.

And apparently neither did anyone else.

Local and federal authorities, including the National Weather Service, the Federal Aviation Administration and Quad City International Airport said they received no reports of anything odd in the sky during that time.

Ms. Sinclair said she did not report it either. "I was just so taken aback by it," she said.

She did tell some of her co-workers about it, though. Jokes about little green men ensued.

"You laugh, but stranger things happen," she told them.

The next day, Ms. Sinclair went out at the same time, but did not see anything. There wasn't a second show.

She said Wednesday that she's not on any medications, had not had any alcohol, nor suffered any recent blows to the head.

Many officials, and some local astronomers, also could not or, in some cases, would not, explain what she saw.

"Chances are she wasn't seeing what she thinks she saw," said Black Hawk College professor Richard Harwood, who teaches geology, geography and astronomy.

He said that Saturn and Jupiter would have been visible in the sky as bright stars that morning. It's possible one of them could have appeared moving because Ms. Sinclair's vehicle was in motion.

"In her case, who can say," Mr. Harwood said. "Nobody else saw it, it's hard to tell."

When asked what she thought it was, Ms. Sinclair replied with a laugh that it was an unidentified flying object, or UFO.

But then she added, "I can't say."

"I would like to have been able to say it was a plane or a weather balloon," she said. "But I don't know. It was unidentifiable."

Granted, the dates don't work, as this is roughly a month after the sightings you note, but is roughly 100 miles as the crow flies NNW of the sighting in Gridley.
Something is going on in the heartland!

I'm a newbie, and this is the topic that brought me here. I've been lurking for a couple of days, trying to get up the guts to share my black triangle experience. It was awesome and terrifying. My sightings took place almost nightly for a couple of weeks around 1988/89. These triangles were HUGE, silent, slow, and almost always followed by what we called a "chase" plane or a helicopter....black or tan, with no visible markings. No photos of either ever turned out, and we tried a lot. The light config was the usual one described: 3 bright white at each point, and a cluster underneath, or at the back. They flew low...around tree-top level. They made me feel weird...tingly...like I was having an OBE. Once, I got the very distinct (telepathic) message: "don't be afraid". It had a tranquilizing effect on me. I reacted the opposite of how I should have reacted: I chased them thru the yard instead of running inside. We talked to MUFON and others, and I became genuinely scared of what was (or might have been) going on: unexplained finger-shaped bruises on the backs of my legs....awaking to extremely bright lights in my room. I asked "them" to leave me alone, and not come back, and they have (as far as I know)! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share!

pixelsmith said:
wow! that is crazy! how huge were they? were there windows?

at the time, they seemed massive...one came over the dorms (there was a campus across the st), point up, and it seemed like it was a few stories high...then it leveled out, to fly flat....it seems like there were windows, and maybe even a shadow of someone inside...it's hard to remember at this point, but I never saw any real person through a clear window...my roomie and I were amazed that people weren't wrecking or seeing them, but it seemed to be selective. MUFON told us at the time, that the triangles were being observed along I-85 from Charlotte to Greensboro. They came out to video tape, but we had a massive electrical storm that night. Oh! that's something else...the sightings often followed or preceeded major thunder storms. Has anyone else noticed/remembered that?

pixelsmith said:
possibly recharging their power supplies from lightning?

i don't know...it always seemed to us that the atmosphere was "super-charged" when we'd see them. Maybe that's why I got tingly and weird feeling. I experience the paranormal a lot (ghosts and such), but nothing has ever really made me feel that way. They were weird, to say the least. I never considered that they could change shape, too, like someone else mentioned. I've tried to reconcile the night where it popped up...point up...like out of nowhere, and then was flat...no noise at all.

Back