• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Black Triangles

Free episodes:

tomlevine1 said:
Hello, QM4:
First, welcome to TheParacast Forums, especially the Black Triangle thread. I'm happy to have you here, and welcome aboard!

Second, I'm glad that you reported it to MUFON. I would also report it to NUFORC.

Third, since the experience was so intense, might I suggest writing down all of the information you possible can. Document the time, date, and location. Document the physical characteristics of the craft, draw diagrams as best as possible, and try to triangulate the object, such as making comparisons to actual physical objects in your surroundings. Take pictures. Take Videos. The objects not there anymore, but everything else is. Also, canvas your neighborhood. Find other people that can corroborate your story.

I think that would be a good start. There are other things you could do as well. You could investigate, on your own, the material that is out there, and see if you can correlate the information. Dr. Lynne has a good book out right now on the Phoenix Lights, and as you've seen in the post above, there are several witnesses who claim to have seen a craft at about 8pm in hovering over Phoenix, approximately 2 miles across.

For the rest of us, I think we're hungry for evidence. We can sympathize with you, but unfortunately we cannot help validate your experience, because we were not there. That's not to say that the experience didn't happen. You seem convinced that it did. I would therefore charge you with the challenge to attempt to document and validate the experience...Try to make it real for everyone else. You can use your personal experience to move the entire body of evidence forward.

Also, contact Earthfiles.Com. Linda Moulton Howe is always interested in listening to accurate, compelling stories and experiences. She might even want to interview you.

I know you spoke to MUFON. Hopefully MUFON in your area sent a researcher out to interview you, and try to document the evidence.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the welcome :) Actually, a lady from MUFON called me and talked to both me and my daughter..I drew two pages of pictures to show to her. I can share them here with you all as to what I saw...It's kind of crude drawings but this is what we saw. It happened at 9pm at night and it was freezing cold outside..the sky was clear and starry. The first thing I saw was two huge white headlights right above my pine trees very close to the ground..there was no sound and it moved really slowly. I had just stepped out my door because I felt hot and I saw the headlights. It definitely wasn't an airplane because I've seen them alot. I know the difference. As soon as the headlights went out I saw the craft. I called for my daughter to get the binoculars and when we saw it with them, we could see detail of the ship up close.
MUFON asked if they might come out and check for soil samples. I'm still waiting to hear back for that.
I dont' know if I'm going to ask around town if anybody else saw this for fear they might think I've lost my mind. I told a neighbor but I think that's as far as I will go with this.
Again, thanks for the welcome :)
Robin
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/robinqm4/V2TCC000.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/robinqm4/V2T1E000.jpg

ps...After this happened, I started looking up triangles online and have read quite a bit about things like the Phoenix lights...it's interesting how many people have actually seen these things

QM4 said:
Thanks for the welcome :) Actually, a lady from MUFON called me and talked to both me and my daughter..I drew two pages of pictures to show to her. I can share them here with you all as to what I saw...It's kind of crude drawings but this is what we saw. It happened at 9pm at night and it was freezing cold outside..the sky was clear and starry. The first thing I saw was two huge white headlights right above my pine trees very close to the ground..there was no sound and it moved really slowly. I had just stepped out my door because I felt hot and I saw the headlights. It definitely wasn't an airplane because I've seen them alot. I know the difference. As soon as the headlights went out I saw the craft. I called for my daughter to get the binoculars and when we saw it with them, we could see detail of the ship up close.
MUFON asked if they might come out and check for soil samples. I'm still waiting to hear back for that.
I dont' know if I'm going to ask around town if anybody else saw this for fear they might think I've lost my mind. I told a neighbor but I think that's as far as I will go with this.
Again, thanks for the welcome :)
Robin
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/robinqm4/V2TCC000.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/robinqm4/V2T1E000.jpg

Robin, thanks for all the information and welcome to The Paracast forums. You certainly had an intriguing experience, and I know David and I will want to know if you get any more information from MUFON as they continue their investigation of your sighting.

Robin, thanks again! Those diagrams are excellent. The triangle definitely mirrors other reports. You should explore Darryl Barkers site LINK HERE , and discover more about the 1-5-2000 Shiloh, Illinois sighting (how close are you to Shiloh?). Your diagram matches those sightings to a virtual T, or I should say a virtual V as it were.

I'm also struck by how close, in your diagram, the craft appears to be hovering near the apartment complex. It reminds me of Leonard David's description of this behaviior (SPACE.COM journalist), when he described their behavior as "open, even brazen". This craft certainly isn't depicting any form of covert behavior.

Robin, please keep us informed, and don't hesitate to share this information with us. Speaking for myself, your diagrams are exactly the kind of thing that feeds my passion on this subject.

Sincerely, Tom

tomlevine1 said:
Robin, thanks again! Those diagrams are excellent. The triangle definitely mirrors other reports. You should explore Darryl Barkers site LINK HERE , and discover more about the 1-5-2000 Shiloh, Illinois sighting (how close are you to Shiloh?). Your diagram matches those sightings to a virtual T, or I should say a virtual V as it were.

I'm also struck by how close, in your diagram, the craft appears to be hovering near the apartment complex. It reminds me of Leonard David's description of this behaviior (SPACE.COM journalist), when he described their behavior as "open, even brazen". This craft certainly isn't depicting any form of covert behavior.

Robin, please keep us informed, and don't hesitate to share this information with us. Speaking for myself, your diagrams are exactly the kind of thing that feeds my passion on this subject.

Sincerely, Tom

Hi Tom!
You know...at first I was fascinated by the thing...the lights could be described as beautiful because they sparkle like jewels. But after I got a good close look at it, I started feeling apprehensive and even frightened. Especially since it stopped to hover over me and my daughter. It felt like it was watching us. Then after we went into the apartment to hide(so to speak) I looked out the window and it started on it's way again. Really strange...My daughter was scared and shaking and I have to say I was unnerved. It stayed at a low altitude going slowly until it disappeared over the horizon. Thanks for the info about the Shiloh incident. Shiloh is down south of us..probably about three hours from us. We live in Central Illinois.

Oh and you're welcome Gene :)

QM4 said:
Hi Tom!
You know...at first I was fascinated by the thing...the lights could be described as beautiful because they sparkle like jewels. But after I got a good close look at it, I started feeling apprehensive and even frightened. Especially since it stopped to hover over me and my daughter. It felt like it was watching us. Then after we went into the apartment to hide(so to speak) I looked out the window and it started on it's way again. Really strange...My daughter was scared and shaking and I have to say I was unnerved. It stayed at a low altitude going slowly until it disappeared over the horizon. Thanks for the info about the Shiloh incident. Shiloh is down south of us..probably about three hours from us. We live in Central Illinois.

Oh and you're welcome Gene :)

These are great diagrams. With your permission, Robin, I'm reposting them to the thread for all to see:

V2TCC000.jpg

V2T1E000.jpg

Very compelling. I'm curious as to the distance between those trees in the diagram. That could give us an idea as to its' potential dimensions...Time to get the measuring stick out! One other thought: Personally, I find testimony with additional witnesses compelling. I seem to recall that the Phoenix 8pm sighting also had families, as did the recent sighting in Northeastern Arizona in January of this year, 2007. Quite a consistent phenomenon indeed. One final comment, I seem to recall that one of the police officers in Shiloh, or one of the other witnesses that night, also reported the appearance of a rectangular. After Barker conducted his reconstruction in Shiloh, I'm going from memory here but, it was determined to be a combination of factors involving the ships dimensions, the flight path, the angle of view, and the lighting (from the ship). That may not be the case here, mind you. But, it is definitely an extremely interesting detail about this sighting that should not be dismissed.
Fun stuff, Robin! Thanks again.

tomlevine1 said:
Very compelling. I'm curious as to the distance between those trees in the diagram. That could give us an idea as to its' potential dimensions...Time to get the measuring stick out! One other thought: Personally, I find testimony with additional witnesses compelling. I seem to recall that the Phoenix 8pm sighting also had families, as did the recent sighting in Northeastern Arizona in January of this year, 2007. Quite a consistent phenomenon indeed. One final comment, I seem to recall that one of the police officers in Shiloh, or one of the other witnesses that night, also reported the appearance of a rectangular. After Barker conducted his reconstruction in Shiloh, I'm going from memory here but, it was determined to be a combination of factors involving the ships dimensions, the flight path, the angle of view, and the lighting (from the ship). That may not be the case here, mind you. But, it is definitely an extremely interesting detail about this sighting that should not be dismissed.
Fun stuff, Robin! Thanks again.

Oh you're welcome :)

Well, when I first saw the headlights, they were right above the treetops. Our pines are pretty short actually, that's pretty close to the ground. Then, when the headlights went off, it was a bit higher up in the sky. It stayed in one spot hovering silently for several minutes. It was high enough that I needed binoculars to see the design markings on it, but I could see it close even without them.
It was HUGE! I would say it's the size of a football field at least.
Oh and the distance between the trees...those trees are right next to each other, touching each other. There are actually three pines in a row, all touching. I was in a hurry when I made those drawings(which is pretty evident..lol) I didn't mean to leave out the third tree...

Rather than overdoing it with "more info than I needed..." on this thread, I decided to set up a blog and post articles. Here's the latest one: NIDS 2002 Hypothesis: It's a DoD BLIMP!

Before anyone jumps up in an uproar, let me clarify that the article is really an expose on the NIDS 2002 hypothesis. That hypothesis came to this conclusion. It also was changed by NIDS in 2004, which will be the focus of another article, on another day. I am open to all of the possibilities. A Stealth Blimp is just one. It's worth reviewing, however, and staying on the books so to speak, as a key theory.

Here's a little excerpt. If you read it, please let me know what you think. Thanks! Tom

"Since they can be built, "They would have been...But ONLY as "black projects built by established DOD contractors...no matter how advanced the small companies technologies may be..." - Testimony of aircraft designer in NIDS , July, 2002 report

INTRODUCTION:

Reporter Leonard David of Space.Com broke the story one early morning, 7:00am, August 5th, 2002:

"...NIDS researchers contend that these type vehicles are lighter-than-air, blimp-style craft of the U.S. military's making. Likely powered by "electrokinetic" drive, the lifting body-shaped airships have been skirting the skies from perhaps the early to mid 1980s..."

So, it's a Blimp!

At least, that's what NIDS thought it was, as of August of 2002. Let's take a deeper look into the NIDS 2002 hypothesis, and examine the evidence, the logic, and the final conclusion. Judge for yourself:

dynairship+2.jpg

PS: Gene and David, you'll notice a prominent link to TheParacast.Com forums on the left side of the page!!! :cool:

Has this been posted before..?

Here are the co-ordinates for the Australia triangle:

30°30'38.85"S,115°22'56.3"E

You can stick them into Google Earth.

Robin-
Thanks for posting on the board. You are to be commended for following up on what happened to you and not simply brushing it under the rug.
I'm struck by how closely the object you saw resembles other reports of triangle craft.
Additionally I find your statement "It felt like it was watching us"to be very interesting. I don't know how much you've read up on the subject, but this is a very common perception. If fact, its so common as to add credence to the hypothisis that these things (if this was something other than military) are both physical and psychological in nature.
Just a couple of questions, answer them if you wish, if not that's fine. It sounds like you've been through quite a bit and I don't mean to hound you:
Was the craft's speed consistant when moving or did it speed up?
When the craft changed its shape, how much time did it take and what was the nature of that change?
Lastly, were you and/or you daughter directly exposed to any of the lights?
If so, have you experienced any health difficulties?
Thanks again

Tom-
I just gave the new blog a quick look before I have to take off and wanted to tell that I think it looks great. I'll be a regular visitor.
This whole triangle thing is fascinating, whichever way it turns out.

musictomyears said:
Has this been posted before..?

Here are the co-ordinates for the Australia triangle:

30°30'38.85"S,115°22'56.3"E

You can stick them into Google Earth.

Yup, sure has. I asked a crazy scientist guy what it wasy, and he told me it's an antenna. Davenport of NUFORC also gave it away....Sorry my friend. It looks really cool, but, it's still an antenna farm.

Noanswers said:
Tom-
I just gave the new blog a quick look before I have to take off and wanted to tell that I think it looks great. I'll be a regular visitor.
This whole triangle thing is fascinating, whichever way it turns out.

That's awesome! Thanks for the input! :p

Hi Guys and Girls!

A couple things to report on...

First, I spoke with Olav Phillips via email over the last few days. You may have heard him a couple nights ago on C2CAM. He is the creator of UFOCRAWLER. I posted a link earlier this week somewhere on TheParacastForums, but here it is again for you. Anyway, he's added my Black-Triangles blog to the crawl, so I'm totally excited about that. If you go in and type "black triangles", guess who's site comes up first? MINE! Tee hee. Ever want to see Captain Kirk giggle with excitement?

The second thing, is I wanted to share this map I've been working on in Google Earth. I'm in the process of completing a 4 part investigative report that will be posted to Black-Triangles blog in the very near future, which will outline a hypothesis I've been developing. Without getting into the gory details, let me just share the title and the graphic.

TITLE: THE BLACK TRIANGLES SIGHTINGS EVENT: 2-19-07 TO 2-22-07

The graphic is self-explanatory. Cheers! Sincerely, Tom

4dayblacktriangleevent2-19-07to2-22.jpg

Check this out! Here is the crafts trajectory, as reported by witnesses, over the course of 4 evenings, from 2-19-07 through 2-22-07.

Part 1 of the article is almost complete. Enjoy!:

BLACK-TRIANGLE-PATH-2-19-07TO2-22-0.jpg

BLACK-TRIANGLE-PATH-2-19-07TO2-22-0.jpg

Here's the introduction to my latest post. Please let me know what you think! Thanks, Tom:

PART 1 OF 4:
THE BLACK TRIANGLES SIGHTINGS EVENT 2-19-07 TO 2-22-07

"...it hovered for almost a minute or two above us. It swayed from side to side and at one point stood up and looked tall but then went back to it's triangular shape...we could see pulsating white and red lights...and it was huge!..."
- Gridley, Illinois NUFORC report, 2-20-07

"What I did see was 3 white, bright circles in a triangular formation and a fading red light between the back 2..."
- Mequon, Wisconsin NUFORC report, 2-20-07

"...What the hell is that!"
- Hermitage, Tennessee NUFORC report, 2-22-07

"...Notice object hovering when I looked out from my deck...I have never seen anything like this before..."
- Kansas testimony MUFON report with Video footage, 2-22-07

INTRODUCTION:
Take a good, close look at this image.

What you are looking at is a visual representation of all UFO sightings reported to NUFORC (National UFO Reporting Center) during a four day period of time, from monday, 2-19-07 through thursday, 2-22-07, most events taking place between the hours of 7:00pm and 12:00am.

4+day+black+triangle+event+2-19-07+to+2-22-07.jpg

That's 28 reported UFOs: 6 of them were Triangular in shape; 4 of them were Rectangular in shape; The remaining reports were various lights, orbs, fireballs, and other anamolies.

1) Notice the complete lack of activity in the Western United States?

2) What's causing the high level of UFO reports to be generated mostly around the Great Lakes, and the Midwestern United States, all within 4 nights of eachother?

3) 36% of these NUFORC reports are comprised of Triangular and Rectangular shaped craft, demonstrating consistent and unusual behavior, such as hovering, large size, black exterior, red and white illuminated lights, and silent propulsion. They blend in with the dark sky, they hover at slow speeds, than take off with unconventional thrust.

What could be the simplest explanation here? How can such unusual sightings, be corroborated by so many people, in the same geographic area, during the same general time, over the same 4 day period?

One possibility, is that something happened over the skies of the midwestern United States, on the evenings of February 19th, 2007 through February 22nd, 2007.

Actual witnesses will report their sightings to you in their own words, using diagrams to explain their experiences, photographs to document the objects they saw, and videotape to show the world.

Join me, as we put it all together, and begin to uncover what may be one of the least reported, and possibly most compelling UFO events of 2007 so far:

Thanks for posting this, Tom.
It has seemed like there have been a ton of sightings over the course of about the last 6 months. It almost looks like a flap of sorts, although someone told me the other day it was merely a "media flap".
I had no idea that this triangle/rectangle thing had happened. Thanks for giving me something to do on a slow Saturday night.

Hi Tom...it's ok if you use my report...I don't know if I could really add much more except for what I'm about to tell Noanswers...btw...Noanswers and Tom..I appreciate your concern... thank you!
When the craft changed shape it happened pretty quickly..that's why I was so startled at it...I wasn't expecting it and it freaked me out...
It flipped up onto it's side and the nose of the craft began turning in a circle, then the rest of the side of the top of the craft flattened out if that makes any sense...all within less than a minute. These things morph from triangles into rectangles...I personally believe that the rectangles people are seeing are just the same triangle ship or ships changing shape.
As far as lights beaming down on us..that didn't happen..they flashed and pulsated up in the air but not down at us. At least, as far as I know that didn't happen..I was so busy watching the ship doing all kinds of wierd stuff I wasn't paying much attention to whether it was beaming lights onto us. We haven't had any physical problems since then except when I close my eyes at night I can see the stupid thing in my head sometimes..I have a hard time sleeping now too, I think because it scared me so much. I keep feeling like it's going to come back soon. I find myself checking the sky before I step out my front door at night which I NEVER used to do...
Oh and about the speed...it wasn't even moving when it was above the treetops and then almost seconds later, it was higher up in the sky hovering above our parking lot. There was no sound except for what I would call an extremely faint and low humming sound. My daughter didn't hear that, but I noticed it.
I really had the feeling that the ship knew we were there and watching it and for some reason wanted us to see what it could do...I still feel strongly about that. I didn't want to stick around too long though, for fear it might be getting ready to do something that might be even scarier than morphing into shapes. I have no idea what that might be but that's how I felt at the time.
When I peeked back out the door just to see if it was still out there, it had already started moving south, still at the same altitude and going very slowly. The lights weren't flashing as much and it was just gliding along until it disappeared over the horizon.

QM4-
Thank you so much for addressing my questions. It sounds like none of this is very easy for you. There are a ton of us out here, some more well read and versed than others (IE Tom ;) ) who are trying to get a grasp on what the hell these things are and the more information the better.
As you have no doubt picked up, some think it's a sort of black op military project while others are convinced these triangles represent some sort of flying cities in the sky. I, myself fall somewhere in between; epitomized by a large question mark.
Hearing from folks like you helps to clarify some things. When you say this object changed shape, did it actually go through some sort of form change or do you think it changed position, therefore giving you a different perspective, giving the object a different visual look?
I should note, I ask because the idea that these things, whatever they are, can actually change their shape is coming up more and more in recent years and I'm somewhat vague on what you saw that evening.
Needless to say, this aspect of the phenomena throws new variables into the mix.
Thanks, and once again the disclaimer that while I look forward to your response, its not necessary if you are not inclined./

Noanswers, that's very kind of you to say! Thanks for your support. It means a great deal. Thank you for reading my articles, and for participating in this ongoing discussion.

QM4 - As always, your input continues to be appreciated. I will stay commited to this article. Three more parts to go. My goodness!

Perhaps there's a growing concensus out there that it's clearly more than just QM4 who had a close encounter on the evenings of 2-19-07 through 2-22-07? I'm certainly convinced of that.

Noanswers said:
QM4-
Thank you so much for addressing my questions. It sounds like none of this is very easy for you. There are a ton of us out here, some more well read and versed than others (IE Tom ;) ) who are trying to get a grasp on what the hell these things are and the more information the better.
As you have no doubt picked up, some think it's a sort of black op military project while others are convinced these triangles represent some sort of flying cities in the sky. I, myself fall somewhere in between; epitomized by a large question mark.
Hearing from folks like you helps to clarify some things. When you say this object changed shape, did it actually go through some sort of form change or do you think it changed position, therefore giving you a different perspective, giving the object a different visual look?
I should note, I ask because the idea that these things, whatever they are, can actually change their shape is coming up more and more in recent years and I'm somewhat vague on what you saw that evening.
Needless to say, this aspect of the phenomena throws new variables into the mix.
Thanks, and once again the disclaimer that while I look forward to your response, its not necessary if you are not inclined./

The ship actually changed it's shape..I saw it with my own eyes. It moved up onto it's side, the nose started turning it's front point inward and was engulfed into the bottom of the ship....I was seeing this very close up with my binoculars and the whole craft turned into a rectangle. I could tell that with and without the binoculars.
Ok..maybe this will help...When we first saw the triangle shape, the bottom of the ship was facing the ground...then when it started to change, it began to rock back and forth then quickly went up onto it's side with the bottom now facing me and my daughter(still shaped like a triangle). At this time she ran into the apartment, scared out of her wits...I was beginning to get scared but stayed for a minute to see what was happening. It was obvious that it was a triangle before it changed and then it turned into a rectangle. I had a full view of what shapes it was.
I want to add, too, that I didn't even know people had sighted rectangular ships until I saw it in Tom's blog just recently.

Back