• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Black Triangles

It IS a great mystery, isn't it? It's the proverbial Winston Churchill's "riddle-enigma" thing. Glad to see you've entered into this forum.

There's an excellent article in UFOMAG this month about military cloaking technology, just like the kind your describing. The idea of filming the back and projecting it on the front. I've seen a couple examples of that on television. I think the article goes into detail about where that technology is at right now, and pretty much, at closer ranges, I don't think it's that advanced (yes I know, one could wonder about black-ops)...even still...

I'm not sure a black triangle would even need something that elaborate. Many of the witnesses report black to opaque material, blending in with the dark sky. The illusion of only lights are sometimes seen, and in fact, very few times, do we see any real craft in photos or video. If the witnesses weren't describing what they were seeing, we might assume that it's just 3 separate white lights on each end. One section of my article, in fact, does draw a loose conclusion that the amber orbs and lights, could be misunderstood black triangles. Listen to the Kentucky woman in the video, in Part 1, freak out when she realizes "it's a whole, big thing". So, these craft are definitely misunderstood many times, because of the very nature of it's opaque tone.

They are also, almost always, seen at night, in the dark. Some witnesses have seen craft without their lights on. I believe my Arlington Heights, Ill "axe-head" witness is such an example. He states that if he wasn't looking up at the right place, at the right time, he would have missed it.

So, it doesn't really have to be that elaborate. It could be, simply, a dark, opaque alloy of some kind. An alloy which perhaps does not reflect light, and is the same dark tone as a dark sky. That couldn't be too hard to come up with, whether it's us or them.

Just thought I'd chime in on the speculation band-wagon tonight.

Thanks again for your thoughts on the subject.

Sincerely, Tom

You know, when I wrote that long post the other day it had actually been a number of years since I had read the original NIDS report that included the designer's theory on the craft's features. Once I reread it today I guess I had forgotten how much of that I had retained and the parts I forgot. Overall I think it provides the best working hypothesis. The two things I had forgotten were the concept of using the entire surface area as part of the engine and the probable dependence on generating your own hydrogen.

We know that electrokinetic type drives are entirely possible; we just have to accept the idea that they are willing to use a nuclear powerplant as that seems to be the most reasonable explanation to explain the high performance.
(Could you keep large banks of capacitors onboard and charge them w/ a conventional powerplant for short bursts of speed?) I would guess that is the major reason this thing is unlikely to be declassified any time soon. There would be an uproar over the military floating reactors over people's houses. It has likely been operational and proven for quite some time and they aren't about to give it up or adjust their procedures just because people are afraid, arguably irrationally so, of the proverbial meltdown.

So the nagging question remains, why are they "advertising" it? My working theory is that the "advertising" is more or less a side effect of the operational protocols. If we assume it periodically needs to come down in safe space for resupply and perhaps refueling by producing hydrogen from a water source it seem that the most likely place to do so would be in the vicinity of a military base. They can't however just drop down on top of the base as our military bases are probably being photographed all the time by foreign satellites and even by spies doing ground observation. It would also seem a bit unlikely that you could keep all the hundreds or thousands of people that work on the bases mum about a mothership landing every week.

I would guess there are probably special small ground crews w/ special security clearances at these bases but that they interact w/ the craft somewhere away from the bases, in rural areas. If they require a pond or lake for hydrogen they may base it around there...military bases themselves may not even have natural water supplies in the vicinity.

There may even just be no interaction directly with a ground crew. The ground crew might just be dropping off caches of supplies on disguised pallets somewhere in the woods with no idea of their purpose. You would want to put these caches in somewhat random spots to avoid creating a pattern but they would likely need to be within some reasonable driving distance from the base. It would be easy enough to convey precise gps coordinates to the crew for whatever the new pickup location would be. As an extension of the desire to keep things random they may operate out of different bases entirely in a random schedule.

The additional factor is that if these things are designed for long term high altitude/near space operation there are probably specific predetermined spots from which they will want to ascend and descend if possible. They would probably want to stay entirely out of normal commercial air corridors and stick to places where maybe commercial radar coverage is spotty yet somewhere reasonably close to whatever base they are operating out of so that the low and slow travel is kept to a minimum. If we accept the assumption that the big lights are a method for venting unused reactor power in slow flight--a design limitation that they may be stuck with--then these observations of low and slow flight may be the result of the craft moving from their re-entry location to a supply rendevous and vice versa. The disco lights could literally be there just as a precaution to keep the unexpected pilot from running into them.

I would probably guess that in the case of repair and possibly crew rotation the landings happen at some completely secret base in the desert and such. They may not operate out of there any more than they have to because those bases are probably photographed from space as many times per day as possible and, well, there isn't much water in the desert.

If we have "flaps" I would guess they correspond to increased desire for reconnaisance or other missions at various times in the present middle east situation. The reported tension with Iran and all the rumours being floated about wanting to do a massive bombing campaign could correspond with a huge number of recon/targeting missions. I couldn't really guess at the total number of these things in operation. This might also account for the Belgium sightings given the time frame of the fall of the Berlin Wall. It seems very reasonable that they would want to know exactly what was going on w/ all the communist military assets right next door. Considering the political magnitude of that event it would seem entirely in order that they would bring out the really good tech.

I can't help but think that on occasion the guys flying these would have an awfully hard time resisting the temptation to "scare the **** out of the locals". This might account for the occasional report of showing off when not strictly necessary.

As long as they don't push their luck and continue to operate in rural areas--which most are well conditioned to believe are populated purely by inbreeding hicks that get anal probes from little green men--I doubt if much will come of it. They can easily claim national security and shut down any kind of inquiry. My guess is that this would officially remain classified until somebody shoots one down as happened with the U-2. I would guess we aren't going to own up to it because of the onboard reactor and resulting public outcry and the Russians/Chinese/etc aren't going spill the beans for possibly similar reasons to the U-2 situation; because it is cooler than anything they have and/or the possibility that they don't have the means to down it at present. When it does come out it should be another nice counter argument to the "oh, the government can't keep secrets" line, esp if it's been in operation for like twenty years and being run literally right over our rural, non-restricted airspace noses.

The NIDS paper assumed a nuclear reactor. I would be fascinated to know what kind of power/performance could be achieved w/ a conventional power plant for a smaller scale craft designed for commercial flight levels. I'd also be interested to know what kind of problems there might be with normal radio communications to and from such a craft that hypothetically had it's entire surface charged as described.

So, do you think this sounds plausible? What elements of the BBD sightings are not explained by this theory?

Hi Dorkbot!
Interesting comments except that my sighting wasn't out in the boonies, it was in a major city, near an airport, and we could see the regular flight patterns of aircraft very well. I don't know how they went seemingly undetected. Except for the "chase planes" (or maybe they were just accompanying aircraft?) it seemed that no-one "official" was interested. IOW: there were no cops, no 10-car pileups, no MIB, no hysterical people staring at the sky...why my roomie and I saw them, we don't know...but we did.
The triangles didn't make any noise that I could hear. I don't even remember a whirr, or hum, or anything like that.
So....what's the purpose of low-flying them over a city?

Black Triangles-Portland 1

I have seen some black triangles many times. A while ago I wrote them down so I wouldn't for get what happened. Here's what I wrote:

The Portland UFO Stories #1
(or A Helluva Strange 6 Months)
-------------------------------
Well it all started when I moved to Portland in the spring of 1995 for a change of pace and I got a job working for a Cellular Communications company as a R&D Engineering Tech. I started talking to a girl that I worked with and things eventually led to the topic of UFOs (it always does when you hang out with me long enough)! She told me that a friend of her teenage son was freaking out about 3 weeks before saying how he and his friends had been abducted and that he was still in contact with the entities. She asked me if I would come talk to him and help him. Not being a stranger to UFO sightings up close (but that's another story) or UFO info in general ( I do read an incredible amount of information on this stuff - all different slants and points of view) I said "Sure - what the hey... how bad can it get?!?" Famous last words!!!

When I met James (names are changed to protect the innocent) he was a very intense person. When I brought up the subject about UFOs his first reaction was "nah, you're not gonna believe me anyway". I told him I believed that they were real and had seen some myself. Well he couldn't get his story out fast enough. The story goes something like this...

James (21), his brother Greg (19) and about a dozen other friends were partying out in the forest at some forest preservation area along the road to Tillamook. I think this is Hwy. 101 and I think the place was called Brown's Camp. They were partying out here because most of them were underage.

They (James, Greg and a friend) were partying away from the group on the top of a hill that was overlooking a rock quarry (for some reason in Oregon a lot of weird stuff seems to happen around rock quarries). Where they were put them above the treeline of the valley. Just as they were standing they noticed these lights of some kind of craft that was silently cruising over the trees down the valley. This would put them at about the same level as the craft since they were up on a hill. Well, the friend went to get into James' pickup truck and when he did, the interior dome light came on. Immediately and silently the craft sped over to them and stopped about 20 ft. above them.

Now nobody but James remembers this part. A red beam shot out from the bottom of the craft hitting first the other two and them James. He said that his brother and friend just became motionless but he was still trying to fight it.
Right about here the story starts to get a little fuzzy so I'll just list the bits and pieces that are remembered...

- They were definitely taken somewhere other than where they were. (On a ship or underground? I'll tell you later why I think this might be a possibility as I went out to the spot where all this happened. The area was bulldozed with all the trees being knocked down and just left there. This was a big area of trees to just knock down and then leave there. It reminded me of what they did to Rendlesham Forest regarding the Bentwaters Incident).

- Something that they didn't like was done to them although at the time they weren't sure what.

- When they first got back to camp nobody would believe them. As the night went on other groups of people would disappear only to mysteriously reappear later even denying that they were even gone.

- Greg wouldn't talk but curled up by the fire in a fetal position.

- Although it was at least midnight they could hear motorcycles and four wheelers screaming through the forests in total darkness.

- A blue fog descended on the camp. (This seems to happen quite often in abduction cases and I will cite some examples at the end of this chapter).

- The black triangle shaped craft descended near the camp but behind a wall that was made of a single row of trees and blue mist. It just stayed there as if observing them but no one thought anything of it.

- Everybody was dumbfounded and just staring blankly into the fire. No conversation or clowning around except for James. He was in hyper-mode trying to tell everyone that they need to get out of there but everybody were just staring blankly or telling him that he was crazy and that nothing had happened although each person was missing from 20 minutes to an hour and a half.

- About this time a man came out of the darkness and told Greg and a couple of others that everything was all right and that they would be OK. Then he walked off into the darkness again. He might have been wearing a military type of uniform.

- Some people remember seeing beings that look like your typical Grey but instead of black eyes they had bright orange eyes.(I've seen these type also but we'll get to that later). Some remember seeing a being that was taller and more 'praying mantis type'. It was definitely the one in charge. Some people remember seeing little creatures resembling the fuzzy Ewoks in Star Wars. These creatures would disappear into these tree stumps (like a hidden door?).

- When they did get enough people to leave they couldn't find they're way out of the forest even though some of them had been coming up there for years and all you had to do was follow the ONE ROAD out. Everything had seem to change and they were lost and disoriented. They were constantly running into these men on motorcycles and four-wheelers speeding around the forest in the dark with their lights off! This was between 2 and 4 am!
They finally made it home but the weirdness was just beginning...

From ALIEN MAGIC by William Hamilton p.83

"The next thing Pamela knew, she was standing in the yard behind the Generator shack. She remembered that her husband had come from the back room to the kitchen window after she had yelled for him, but now she was alone. Her husband was gone, the dogs were gone, the Air Force Officer was gone and the Greys were not in sight. All she could see was above her. A huge disk rotated. It had bright red lights and was emitting a fog or vapor from the portals along the underside rim of the craft...

We found out later from her girl friend and neighbor, that her girl friend had noticed a vibration that night, and when looking northward at Pamela's place, saw it enshrouded with a fog. Her trailer was shaking violently and the dogs were going berserk. After she ran out into the desert and saw the fog around Pamela's place, the commotion stopped."

And this from: Close Extraterrestrial Encounters by Richard J. Boylan p. 138

"The strangeness had only begun. Almost at once I saw what looked like a huge luminous cloud of smoke stretched across the highway from the leftmost part of the rise to the rightmost part and up to the sky, a solid curtain across the highway. I presumed it was my bad luck to be running across a forest fire. So I went back on the CB to ask anyone out there, "Where's the fire? Does anyone know about the fire on 180?" Again, it was spooky...[snip]...I drove into the smoke, taking my foot off the gas to slow down in case I didn't pop through the other side quickly. I didn't. Not for an hour.

The smoke seemed to be coming off the hillside to the left of me. I couldn't see the road, the center-line or anything. So I came to a stop. (Later, in hypnotic recall, I noted that there were no trees or brush burning, no blackened or charred chaparral, and no odor to the "smoke!" Nor was this fog--not in the spring in bone-dry Sonoran desert. I sat in my car, defeated, stopped in the middle of nowhere.

The grayish-white vapor did not dissipate. So I got out of the car and, disoriented in the vapor, walked across the road to the left shoulder, towards where the ground rose slightly...[snip]...Then I went into a state of paralysis. I could not move my body. I sensed the approach of two persons, who got on either side of me and each placed a firm grip on my forearms..."

The Portland UFO Stories #2
Everybody that was involved had different ways of coping with this strange experience. Some refused to believe anything had happened and adamantly refused to talk about it. Greg's feelings were to "just forget about it". James on the other hand wanted to tell everybody. Both he and his brother Greg had strange red marks behind their right ears and on their right shoulder blades. These marks looked like three red dots in the shape of a triangle. The area was also sore as were other parts of their bodies. I believe at least James was implanted with a "tracking device" of some kind.

The next incident started a few days later when James noticed what he believed to be UFOs were following him. It happened only at night and usually when he was out in the lonely stretches of Oregon. James lived off of Farmington Road in Aloha, Oregon. His girlfriend at the time lived in a small town west of Aloha, about 20 miles away, and it was guaranteed that anytime they were traveling between these two places at night - that the pursuit would start. Sometimes it was by red balls of light (probe?) or sometimes by the big black triangle type of craft.

One night James heard a voice in his head that told him to go to a certain street not too far from where he lived. This street is on a big hill that is just south of 185th and SW Farmington Road. When he got there he parked in the cul-de-sac which had some houses around it. His girlfriend waited in his truck. Over in the shadows of the tree he could see someone standing there. He went over to the trees. There he saw up close, a being, which he described as looking more bug-like than anything else. It was about 5 feet tall and had orange eyes. He said it had a fluorescent yellow mane of hair but not really hair.( This description reminds me of the recent drawings of the Puerto Rico Chupacabras with their red eyes and fluorescent yellow spikes). Off to each side were two more almost identical beings but a little shorter and no yellow manes. And off sitting in the trees were the small ewok type creatures.

James said that the conversation he carried on with this creature was all through mental telepathy or something like it. He heard what the creature was saying through pictures in his head and then he would speak back to it. James took a Bible with him when he went up there and asked the creature if it was true or not. I can't remember what James said the being said but it was something to the effect that "...yes - there is a god".

James said about then someone came out of their house about 75 feet away but acted as if they couldn't see James and all these weird creatures. (A couple days later a chain link fence went up around this area that they were in with the typical "KEEP OUT - Private Property" sign).

There were a few more incidents where James would go out and meet this entity in the dark but after awhile of meeting and being followed he decided he had had enough. He quit going when he heard those voices. He was still followed and when he would stay over at his girlfriends house would have strange dreams about aliens coming in to take him and his girlfriend.

Right about here is when I met James.

The Portland UFO Stories #3
After he told me this I quickly sized up the situation and decided to go get my milk crate full of books ( I now have about 4 milk crates full) out of my van and start filling him in on the whole Alien/UFO/New World Order/God type scenario as best as I could. I first gave him THE SECRET GOVERNMENT by Bill Cooper. (Now I know what people say about Bill Cooper and my feelings are "...don't kill the messenger over the message"! I mean he may or may not be in it for the disinformation but I don't care. He has a lot of valuable info - you just have to sift through it for yourself.)

James read everything in about 45 minutes and was ready for more. Then he started reading my Cosmic Awareness Communications newsletters. Next I gave him THE CRYSTAL STAIR by Eric Klein. I did this to help balance him out with a little spiritual reading. He jumped back and forth between books glad to finally have a little help and support instead of contempt and ridicule.

He said that he usually sees these craft every night. I let him borrow some books and told him to call me the next time he saw them. Later that night he came over to my friend's apartment and asked me to go outside into the parking lot. I did and he was telling me that some of the stars that we were looking at were really alien ships. Always an open-minded type of person I said OK - prove it. He tried shining a flashlight at them, which he said, always worked but I didn't see anything spectacular. I told him try again later and then went inside.

Over the next few weeks we got to be really good friends. I was constantly giving him books to read and videos to watch. I would show him where to go to find books. Powell's Books in downtown Portland was one of our favorite places to go because of the large UFO/Metaphysical section that they had. It was after returning from one of these late night book sprees that James asked me if I wanted to go out away from the city lights where he could guarantee I would see some alien crafts. OK - impress me!

I was driving and I'm not sure exactly where we went but I know that we were south of Beaverton somewhere. We went out where it was really dark on top of this hill and pulled over. We got out and started looking up. James told me to get on the opposite side of the van because "they like to sneak up on you". OK - fine. There was this one big star that he said was a craft and once again I said prove it. Well, he got out his flashlight again and started to swirl it around. About 3 seconds later the star started to do the same thing. I know all the stars will look like their moving if you stare at them long enough but this one was overdoing it. OK so now were still looking up at the sky and all of a sudden I see this star moving. Now I'm from Nevada and on a clear night you can see satellites moving across the sky. This looked just like that except it looked a little bigger, it was a little faster and it would stop and sit for awhile and then take off in a totally different direction.

Now were up on this hill and I would say the hilltop is about 3/4 of a mile around. Now standing there looking around through the breaks in the trees and where the road is I start to notice red flying lights circling around the hill top. (The best way to describe these, are that they kind of looked like the lights in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. The ones that the cops were chasing down the road and through the toll booths). Now I could see these lights through the trees and when they went behind the trees they were traveling fast enough so that you could pretty much gauge about where they would reappear but that didn't happen. They came to a sudden stop somewhere behind some trees. Since these tree were about 100 yards away I wasn't too worried.

Suddenly about 10 feet in away in the extremely thick underbrush we heard something moving. It sounded pretty big. At least as big as us. Our first reaction was to look at each other and say "Nah - couldn't be...". Again we heard the noise in the bushes. That was good enough for us we jumped into my van and took off.

We were definitely out in the middle of nowhere. We would see a farmhouse about every half mile and we were on a small two lane road. About a mile away on each side of us we could see what looked like really big stars following us. After a couple of miles the road turned to the left. James told me to take the road that went straight. This one was even smaller and went even more nowhere - it didn't even have lines painted on it! After following this road it curved to the right and maybe 2 or 3 miles up ahead I could make out some lights.

As we got about a half mile away we could see that they were flashing emergency vehicle lights. We thought that maybe we had come upon an accident of some kind. As we got closer we noticed that we were coming to a crossroads in the middle of nowhere. It was a 4-way stop and so I stopped. On the corner to my left was an old building possibly an old Ma & Pa-type store. Directly in front of us, across this small intersection, parked sideways, blocking the road in front of us, was a yellow pickup with its headlights off but it's yellow emergency lights on. The type of truck that might be used by a utility company (i.e. phone or power co.) On the ground in front of the pickup were burning three flares. Standing in front of this pickup, out in the middle of nowhere, in total darkness was this really big guy standing there almost defiantly looking with his arms crossed and his legs spread apart as if daring us to go that way. He was wearing coveralls and a hard hat like a utility worker would...but, he didn't move!!!

We waited there trying to assess the situation for about a minute. The only real light was from my headlights. All of a sudden we got this really bad feeling about this and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. Even though we wanted to go straight we thought it would be safer to go to the right. I didn't like it because it seemed as if we were being herded into a certain direction. We drove through some dark and winding roads finally coming out on to Farmington Road and somewhat of civilization. We made it back to his apartment with James saying "...see - I told you. This is what happens whenever I go out at night...!"

So began my introduction into the weirdest six months of my life.

The Portland UFO Stories #4
One evening James and I had spent about two hours looking for new books to read at Powell's Books. It was about 10:30 pm when we started to head back towards Beaverton. After exiting the tunnels, of Highway 26, there is a stretch of highway that is about 2 miles and slowly climbs over a hill. When you finally crest over the top you can see most of Beaverton. As soon as we reached this point we both started to immediately scan the skies looking for the tell-tale signs of the triangle ships that we were starting to see with more regularity. "Alright !", said James as he noticed that there were no triangles in the vicinity.

We cruised on listening to tunes. After driving a few more miles, we both noticed at the same time, we could see the familiar formation of lights. It was cruising over the area of the Hillsboro Airport (We've called them and they always deny anything is up there!). We just kept going hoping to get to James' apartment before anything happened.

As we were getting closed to 185th(?) exit we noticed that it was coming right for us! Now to get where we were going we have to exit on the right side of the highway and then turn left at the stoplight and drive over the highway. As I turned left, James started screaming," I can't believe they're coming in this close - I can't believe it!"

We were now heading south on 185th and the flying triangle (FT) was about 1/4 of a mile away also heading south. Now it was right over a major shopping center! I know it was late but there were a lot of cars around and nobody thought it was strange that this huge flying craft was flying about 200 feet above a shopping center! I stopped at a red light and was trying to see it but it veered away to the southwest.

Now that it was heading away from us James was feeling a little braver. "They want us to go meet them" he said confidently. "Where..." I started to say but then I realized where would be an ideal place to meet whomever these things were and put this matter to rest!

We were about 3/4 of a mile from where I worked so I drove in that direction. I worked for a company that was based in a business park that was completely built as far as the streets and curbs were concerned but at that time there were not that many buildings compared to the area. All of the buildings were to the east side of the park. In the middle there was just grass anyone and towards the east - nothing but knee high grass. That's the area I drove towards.

As I pulled to a stop and turned of my headlights off I realized that there were hardly any other lights around except for one street lamp behind us about 45 feet away. We both got out. Keeping with our usual pattern of one of us on each side of the van, so as to not let (or anything) sneak up on us we both scanned the skies, My van was parked facing south and after I got out I noticed that a different FT was coming from the north-east curving around towards us to head south. I started to remember that James had said that they usually travel in pairs.

Just then I heard James say, "It's coming around again!" James was using my binoculars to watch the first one that we had seen and was oblivious to the second one that I was watching. He was very excited and was getting quite a good view of the other craft, as it was not very far away (about 200' away). As he was watching this FT cruise in towards us and show him it's underside-he described what he saw in detail.

I was keeping an eye on the one, by now, directly above us. It passed directly over us just after the other one passed to our right. While I watched the one overhead, it seemed to stutter and stop in mid-air for about 1 second. I thought to myself there is no way that this could be a plane.

The other FT by now was heading southwest towards Tillamook and James finally noticed what I was looking at. Just then he screamed," Here they come ! They're coming across the fields!"

I looked in the direction he was looking, which was south-west (the same direction the first craft was heading in). Across the fields, which has knee-to-waist high grass, I saw what looked like two pairs of fluorescent orange eyes. They looked like they were moving towards us but I couldn't be sure. As if on cue, James jumps into my van and starts warning me how we need to get out of here. I tell him that this was his idea and that I want to see what these thing look like.

By now he's pressed up against the roof of my van and screaming at me that we need to get out of here RIGHT NOW !!! I 'm looking across this field and these pairs of glowing eyes are getting closer. James says they're galloping on all fours but I can't see that. All I see are those eyes coming at us. Right about here my need for self-preservation over-rode my curiosity and in one motion I jumped into the drivers seat, slammed the door and hit the starter. (I had purposely left the keys in the ignition for just such an emergency as this).

As I 'flipped-a-bitch' (U-turn) I saw that these glowing eyes were only about 50' away. I still couldn't see any bodies attached to them but then again I had to drive.

We drove straight to James' apartment as fast as we could to tell someone about it. It was an exhilarating feeling to know we came so close to them 'getting us' but then getting away. It was a small victory but a victory none-the-less.

When we got to James' apartment, we told his neighbors but they just looked at us condescendingly. I realized I looked just like James did when everybody thought that he was crazy.

The Portland UFO Stories #5
I was leaving James' house about 11pm and I was just trying to put my key into the door lock (it was pretty dark out with very few lights in the parking lot) when I noticed everything slowly started to get brighter with a 'sky blue' colored tint to it. Since the light was to my back I could see a definite outline of myself against my van which is white. My whole van was light-blue colored. I originally thought that someone had slowly turned on a blue floodlight but when I turned around I noticed that a whole section of the sky was turned light blue. This 'lightning' which was a constant, consistent light lasted about 10 seconds and then faded out.

I forgot about it until I saw a video by some Militia group where they said that they had documented proof that the government was experimenting in Washington and Oregon with a laser that they would shoot up into the sky and then it would produce some "blue Lightning"!!! I think they said it was related to HAARP.

(more)

Black Triangles - Portland 2

The Portland UFO Stories #6
One night around dusk James and I went over to a little mini-mart just across Farmington Road from his apartment complex. After coming out of the store we got out our binoculars and started to scan the skies to the south. Normally the craft we would see would come from the south so that's why we were looking that way!

From where we were standing we could see across two small pastures and then a hill would start to steeply slant up. Right where the hill started to go up the bushes and evergreens started. There were some houses spaced sporadically up the hill but directly in front of us, about a half mile away was a trail that wound through the trees. We could only see parts of this trail as the bushes and trees were quite thick there.

A small group of kids happened to walk by and one girl of about 12 yrs. of age casually asked, "What are you looking for...UFOs?" and then they all started giggling. I didn't know we were being so obvious. Just another little weird happening1

Well, it was getting dark, especially in the trees when at the same time we both spotted the orange eyes on the trail. We weren't sure how many pairs of eyes we saw but there were at least three. It looked as though they were watching us as we were watching them although we had binoculars. They seem to be coming down the hill but it looked as if they were going from tree to tree trying to hide behind them. We had been watching them for about 10 minutes when out to the right side of the pastures under the covering of some trees with low hanging branches, we saw some more glowing eyes. They were trying to sneak up on us !!! We noticed over and over that this is usually the pattern...Something would try to distract you and then other would try to flank you.

Well, once again we decided not to stick around and immediately went back to James' apartment. It was time for a drink.

The Portland UFO Stories #7
On the weekends I would stay out late in the Beaverton/Aloha area with my friends as I didn't have too many friends in the Portland area where I lived. It was about 26 miles from James' apartment to my house. I got real good at driving with 'one eye on the road' because when I would leave that late at night (or early in the morning) I would usually see something strange.

I believe that because I was trying to help this group of people empower themselves and learn to resist the 'callings' of whoever it was in these crafts, I was targeted for intimidation tactics. I was driving home about 2 am one morning when I realized just how intimidating they could be. After getting into my van to go home I evoked the Ring of Fire Prayer (which seems to work as far as keeping negative entities away is concerned. I think right here I will present the prayer so that others can benefit from it.

(Part Deleted)

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary as I headed north on 185th going from Aloha to Beaverton. Just as I passed the McDonald's and Target store (which is right next to the freeway) I saw to the northeast a FT (Flying Triangle) flying towards the west. As I turned right to go down the on-ramp I noticed that the FT was curving around and was now heading east. The same direction I was!!!

I was ahead of it doing probably 70 mph when it effortlessly glided along side of me (actually it was about 200 yards away to my left) and started to pace my van. I rolled down my window and said "I'm not afraid of you...this isn't going to work!" I then started to laugh out loud and then the FT sped up and cruised over the hills toward Portland. By the time I made it through the tunnels and into downtown Portland there was nothing to see except a few airliners coming in. ( Yes, I can tell the difference between the two!)

The next night this whole scene was repeated almost exactly. The only difference the next night was that when I went through the tunnels and came out on the Portland side I could still see it flying west. As I crossed over the Marquam Bridge, which rises very high into the air as it crosses the Williamette River, I could see it cruising towards Mt. Hood.

EPILOGUE: In My Humble Opinion...
---------------------------------
Well, it's been about a little over a year since I have last heard from James. I hear from a mutual friend that he is doing OK. Other than that I am not sure if he still has contact with these entities. I have yet to contact him even though I am trying. (Update: Jan/97 I received an e-mail from a friend who had James standing next to her while she was typing. She sent his phone number and I will be contacting him soon).

This mutual friend also has told me as recently as of August/1996 these Flying Triangles are still occasionally being seen over the Beaverton/Aloha area.

It is my opinion that the UFO Triangles we had seen were either actual extra-terrestrial aliens working with our 'secret government' or they were our 'secret government' masquerading as E.T. aliens. Either way I believe that our secret government was involved in these particular sightings.

These stories are more of the "nuts and bolts" part of the story in the respect that it dealt more with the "hardware" (UFOs). While all this was going on there was an incredible amount of spiritual growth on everybody's part as well as other weird oddities that may or may not be connected to this whole scenario. I would meet people and they would seem so familiar... James girlfriend was like that. About 2 hours after we had met, we both at the same time said, "Don't I know you from somewhere?" I know this happens to people all the time, but while I lived in Oregon it happened about 10 times more than usual.

We meditated quite a bit back then. We were able to see our auras as well as the energy all around the room. There were times when James could swear he was seeing an angel moving around the room. (In retrospect I believe he was seeing one of his spirit guides - but that's the kind of thing I believe in).

When I decided to move to Oregon it seemed like everything was pointing me in that direction. I believe the reason I was 'sent' to Portland was to help James and the rest of the group. I really don't care if you believe this or not. You weren't there.

When I felt like 'things' were complete - I left Portland and returned home.

I've always tried to look at things logically. I've since learned to trust my feelings no matter how illogical they may get.

There were a lot of other things that I learned back then but I just can't remember what they are right now. Things I take for granted now. Things I don't feel like discussing right now. Maybe some other time...

--DK
September 1996

Hey, Billy Booth did a write up of my Black Triangles blog on UFOS.ABOUT.COM ! That's kind of exciting. About.Com is a "New York Times" company. That makes me legitimate now, right? ;)

And since I was there, while it's not Black Triangle related, he posted this sighting. What the heck is it? It's a bird? It's a plane? It's not superman. What the heck? Blimp? Um....Flying Disc? Could be. I don't like the fact that they didn't pull over to investigate it further, and take a better picture. Gee, if you saw a flying saucer what would you do? keep driving so you weren't late to grandmas for her world famous spaghetti and meatballs? Geez. Give me a break. Pull the freakin car over!

I'm glad I stumbled onto this forum. I was an unbeliever of UFO's although it made sense to me that we weren't alone in the universe. In November or December of 2004 I saw a Black Triangle. Unfortunately, I only got a chance to watch it for about 10 seconds or so as it slowly moved over my house. You can see my sighting reported on nuforc.org on 12/16/04. All I could think about at the time was, what the....? For several months I thought it must be military. It wasn't long before I started searching websites for answers and after reading so many sightings of Traingles and other things, I've come to believe it's not man made. What I saw go over my house was way more advanced than anything I believe we are able to make at this time. Also, Triangle sightings have been happening since the 80's. If Black Triangles were stealth, why would they be hanging around over streets and neighborhoods? I didn't mention the sighting for over a year, then I started asking friends if they had ever seen a UFO. I know a couple of people who I think are credible, who've seen amazing things. I'm always watching the sky now.

BTW: I don't think the Phoenix Lights were Triangles. From the videos I've seen, the craft was much larger and chevron shaped.

I'm glad I stumbled onto this forum. I was an unbeliever of UFO's although it made sense to me that we weren't alone in the universe. In November or December of 2004 I saw a Black Triangle. Unfortunately, I only got a chance to watch it for about 10 seconds or so as it slowly moved over my house. You can see my sighting reported on nuforc.org on 12/16/04. All I could think about at the time was, what the....? For several months I thought it must be military. It wasn't long before I started searching websites for answers and after reading so many sightings of Traingles and other things, I've come to believe it's not man made. What I saw go over my house was way more advanced than anything I believe we are able to make at this time. Also, Triangle sightings have been happening since the 80's. If Black Triangles were stealth, why would they be hanging around over streets and neighborhoods? I didn't mention the sighting for over a year, then I started asking friends if they had ever seen a UFO. I know a couple of people who I think are credible, who've seen amazing things. I'm always watching the sky now.

BTW: I don't think the Phoenix Lights were Triangles. From the videos I've seen, the craft was much larger and chevron shaped.

tomlevine1 said:
It IS a great mystery, isn't it? It's the proverbial Winston Churchill's "riddle-enigma" thing. Glad to see you've entered into this forum.

There's an excellent article in UFOMAG this month about military cloaking technology, just like the kind your describing. The idea of filming the back and projecting it on the front. I've seen a couple examples of that on television. I think the article goes into detail about where that technology is at right now, and pretty much, at closer ranges, I don't think it's that advanced (yes I know, one could wonder about black-ops)...even still...

I'm not sure a black triangle would even need something that elaborate. Many of the witnesses report black to opaque material, blending in with the dark sky. The illusion of only lights are sometimes seen, and in fact, very few times, do we see any real craft in photos or video. If the witnesses weren't describing what they were seeing, we might assume that it's just 3 separate white lights on each end. One section of my article, in fact, does draw a loose conclusion that the amber orbs and lights, could be misunderstood black triangles. Listen to the Kentucky woman in the video, in Part 1, freak out when she realizes "it's a whole, big thing". So, these craft are definitely misunderstood many times, because of the very nature of it's opaque tone.

They are also, almost always, seen at night, in the dark. Some witnesses have seen craft without their lights on. I believe my Arlington Heights, Ill "axe-head" witness is such an example. He states that if he wasn't looking up at the right place, at the right time, he would have missed it.

So, it doesn't really have to be that elaborate. It could be, simply, a dark, opaque alloy of some kind. An alloy which perhaps does not reflect light, and is the same dark tone as a dark sky. That couldn't be too hard to come up with, whether it's us or them.

Just thought I'd chime in on the speculation band-wagon tonight.

Thanks again for your thoughts on the subject.

Sincerely, Tom

Tom,

The Black Triangle I saw did not have it's lights on. It was a dull/black opaque and I was looking directly up at its underbelly as it flew very quietly and slowly over my house. I could see rings at the three corners and one large ring in the middle. I was able to get a good look at it because the lights from the city were illuminating it from below, but I was lucky to have looked up when I did. Had the Triangle been a hundred feet higher it would be almost invisible. There were a couple of neighbors talking on the sidewalk across the street who never knew something as large as a 747 had just cruised silently over their heads!

Javajoni said:

Here's his/her sighting apparently.

http://nuforc.org/webreports/043/S43290.html

Tom et al,

I've uploaded one of my BT videos to youtube - Morphing BT

(The divx compression sure has taken alot of the nuances out of the video)

Here's the jist of it:

Twilight, April 27, 2002, Ottawa, ON: Just as a prop plane passes overhead, I spot a set of lights behind it.

I train my binoculars on it for about 30 seconds. I see a ball on the right that appears to have a static, purple, spark/arcing electrical property. I keep looking for recognizable airplane features and decide the shimmering "windows" I see are actually half spheres revolving along a seam and under some black and grey veil. I start recording. During this time it appears to stretch and tilt onto its side. I zoom in on it, attempting to detect rear stabilizers to no avail. Just before I loose sight of it, a large separated "ball" creates a splash/wave effect as it rejoins the rest of it. "That's ... weird." My son joins me as I head out onto the lawn for the last few seconds of recording. We then race to catch up with it and spot it moving over the neighborhood. It's a triangular shaped object now with dim red lights set into each angle on it's backside. It performs some decidedly uncharacteristic maneuvers, definitely not aerodynamic and slowly moves out of sight.

I have just joined this forum and I have a question:

I had a sighting of six SMALL Black Triangles, in V formation, in 2004. I have literally poured through the Triangle literature, and I cannot find any other sighting that would appear to match my own.

I realize this sounds crazy, but it's true...these Triangles were hovering in our own backyard (we had a huge backyard then). I honestly cannot tell you if these craft looked large enough for a human to be inside one of them, but I am assuming they were. I recall seeing blue, red and white flashing lights at the rear of each one of these craft.

Could these craft have been some sort of experiemental craft? It begs the question that if they were experimental, then why the heck were they flying in my backyard?

The V formation consisted of one craft in the front, two in the middle and three craft carrying up the back end. As I viewed these things, the right-rear craft slowly manuevered itself out and over until it rested in the middle row. This formation lasted for several minutes...then they took off.

I did experience some missing time this evening. I just don't know what to think. Any questions or comments would be welcome. Thanks so much.

RnRJohnny said:
Tom et al,

I've uploaded one of my BT videos to youtube - Morphing BT

RnRJohnny, welcome to TheParacast Forums, and thank you for posting your video.

I'm having a little trouble seeing what you captured. That's not to say that you didn't capture something, or that you didn't have a remarkable experience. I see the prop-plane; I hear the props; I see you and your son reacting to something in the sky; I'm just not seeing the object. But, I wear glasses, and I'm not an imaging expert, so don't feel discouraged. There might be someone else here that can point it out better, in which case, I'll follow that persons que.

I'm glad you've joined the discussion, and added your material for sure! Please keep it up.

Bayareamom said:

I had a sighting of six SMALL Black Triangles, in V formation, in 2004. I have literally poured through the Triangle literature, and I cannot find any other sighting that would appear to match my own.

I realize this sounds crazy, but it's true...these Triangles were hovering in our own backyard (we had a huge backyard then). I honestly cannot tell you if these craft looked large enough for a human to be inside one of them, but I am assuming they were. I recall seeing blue, red and white flashing lights at the rear of each one of these craft.

Could these craft have been some sort of experiemental craft? It begs the question that if they were experimental, then why the heck were they flying in my backyard?

The V formation consisted of one craft in the front, two in the middle and three craft carrying up the back end. As I viewed these things, the right-rear craft slowly manuevered itself out and over until it rested in the middle row. This formation lasted for several minutes...then they took off.

I did experience some missing time this evening. I just don't know what to think. Any questions or comments would be welcome. Thanks so much.

Very interesting experience. Might I suggest reporting it to NUFORC?

I recall a V formation sighting in Russia a few years back...Don't have the details. Someone here might. I think it was caught on camera in fact. But, I don't remember them being smaller. That sounds more like a UAV type craft, and there's been a number of reports, right here on this forum in fact. Someone up in Canada. He might come back in and discuss it with you.

It does beg the question, what the heck were these things doing in your backyard, if they were military?

No good answers. Sorry. Just speculation. The most important thing, is that if you had a close encounter experience, photograph it, even after the fact. Go out in your backyard, and start documenting your case. Forget trying to figure out what happened. at least for the time being. Just document it as quickly as possible. Call it in to NUFORC, and MUFON if you're so compelled. Snap some good photographs, take some measurements, look back there for physical evidence, write down the experience in as much detail as possible, draw some diagrams, canvas your neighborhood, maybe someone else saw something. That kind of thing. But capture the moment. This happened in 2004, so most of that might not be very useful...But if it happens again :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum.Sincerely, Tom

Hi Tom,

Great suggestions! Just wish I'd known to do some of those things at the time I had this sighting! Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures, nor did I report this sighting to NUFORC (Peter Davenport). Wish I had...

I have my suspicions about what may have happened to me after I had this sighting. Seems there may have been a bit of missing time involved; hubby saw these things, too, but became very frightened and pulled me back into our sunroom. I pulled away from him and stated that I wanted to continue viewing these things...they were just SO amazing!

I estimate I was on our porch area looking at these things for perhaps only 1 to 2 minutes at the most before they just took off. When I re-entered our sunroom/home, I could tell something was just very strange. I FELT different and I noticed that our lighting in the house wasn't at all the way I'd left it just a short time ago. I found my hubby in our bedroom, reading. When I asked him how he seemed to settle into our room so quickly, reading...he stated that he'd been there for quite awhile! I asked him if he wanted to re-think that, because I'd JUST LEFT HIM in our sunroom, after this sighting. He stated again that he'd been in our bedroom for quite some time.

VERY, VERY strange...and not altogether a little unsettling.

I'd really like it if someone reads my post and may have something they can add re: the above. This is starting to REALLY bother me.

Thanks for the welcome, Tom! Much appreciated...

Bayareamom said:

Trust me, most of us here have heard crazier stuff.

Here's some questions. Answer them only if you want. If you can't answer and simply do not know, or don't have a good guess, feel free to say so, or just disregard the question.

About how far away would you guess they were?

What size coin could you hold at arms length to cover the size?

Around what time of day/night did your sighting occur?

Where exactly did this occur? City, State, country? I noticed your name is Bayarea, but the sighting took place in 2004 and I don't know if you moved.

Did it move in any none conventional ways? Right angle turns, dart off at a high speed, wink in and out, morph?

Did it make any sound?

This the only ufo sighting you've had?

How many times have you experienced missing time?

How long of a time period do you think you missed in each?

Ever had any seizures or on medication?

Any military bases nearby?

Could it be experimental? Sure. Unmanned aerial vehicles even if the size were too small for humans to polite.

"About how far away would you guess they were?"

The gazebo in our backyard was perhaps 20 yards or so away from our sunroom window. I was viewing these craft initially from inside our sunroom. I did not see the underbellies of these things; only the tops, as they were vectored in the same direction as I was viewing them. These craft were hovering at I would say perhaps a few thousand feet ABOVE our gazebo.

"What size coin could you hold at arms length to cover the size?"

You've got me here, although I will venture to guess perhaps a quarter, but not really sure...sorry.

"Around what time of day/night did your sighting occur?"

My sighting occurred somewhat late at night...somewhere between 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.

"Where exactly did this occur? City, State, country? I noticed your name is Bayarea, but the sighting took place in 2004 and I don't know if you moved."

East Bay Area, CA/USA.

"Did it move in any none conventional ways? Right angle turns, dart off at a high speed, wink in and out, morph?"

No unconventional movement. When these craft left the vicinity, they took off straight away...maintaining formation.

"Did it make any sound?"

NO SOUND.

"This the only ufo sighting you've had?"

I have had other sightings in our area out here, along with our son, who is almost 13. We're not sure WHAT it is we've been seeing, but whatever it's been, it's definitely been highly unusual. But BEFORE the Triangle sighting, I do not recall experiencing other type phenomenon.

"How many times have you experienced missing time?"

SEVERAL...and this is extremely troubling to me. I can recall missing time episodes as a young child at the age of 10.

"How long of a time period do you think you missed in each?"

An hour to two hours.

"Ever had any seizures or on medication?"

NO seizures...NO medication. I do not use alcohol, I do not smoke and I don't take medications.

"Any military bases nearby?"

There is one fairly close by, but it is a relatively small Air Force Training base. Not sure what it is they do there...

Hey, an East Bay Girl! Hurray! I'm in Fair Oaks, Ca. Just off 50 on the way to Lake Tahoe.

I just picked up the East Bay territory next week. Hurray! Gotta go to Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, Pleasanton, Dublin...

Back to the thread: If the craft were 1000 feet above the gazabo, that's fairly high up there. Is it possible you might have misjudged their size? At a certain distance, it becomes more difficult to assess. So, instead of 1000 feet, could it have been 5000 feet? If you're looking at very large objects higher up in the sky, they can also be misinterpreted as smaller objects, closer to your point of view. But you tell us. Do you recall any specific details which might indicate why you feel they were so close, or smaller?

Once again, A.LeClair asking all the good questions!!!

Back