• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
[caveat emptor, of course, but I thought this was an interesting article that purports to look at stories of Middle Eastern lore as experienced by westerners. Are these stories real, or mythic in nature? This may be an example of a melding of western and Middle Eastern mythos along the tidal flats of civilization. You decide... —Chris]

By Brent Swancer/Mysterious Universe

Article HERE:

"Perhaps one of the most spectacular strange creature reports in the Middle East of all is a case detailed by reporter and researcher L.A. Marzulli in his series The Watchers, of a United States Special Forces unit that allegedly not only sighted, but also engaged and killed what can only be described as an actual giant in Afghanistan. In 2002 this Special Forces unit was supposedly operating in a remote area on a mission to find a patrol with which they had lost radio contact and offer assistance if they were in danger. The team was making its way along a goat path when they allegedly noticed that the ground was littered with bones and a piece of what ominously appeared to be broken communications equipment, as well as large, heavy rocks that looked as if they had been arranged into patterns by hand.

"It was claimed that as the unit examined these stone patterns and the piece of smashed equipment they were suddenly confronted by a creature with long red hair and a shaggy beard, that stood a truly enormous 12 to 15 feet in height. The towering, humanoid beast reportedly carried with it a long, pike-like weapon of some kind which it used to promptly stab one of the men, and the rest of the team immediately opened fire on it, managing to apparently kill it. The entire violent episode only lasted around 30 seconds. It is then claimed that a military helicopter was sent in to retrieve the body of the creature but was unable to due to its massive size.

"One of the witnesses would say:

"'It was too big we couldn’t move it. It smelled worse than a skunk – a corpse that’s been around for a while. The communication was sent out that we had a very large, possibly human creature.

"One C-130 pilot later claimed that he helped when the corpse of what has come to be known as the “Khandajar Giant” was eventually moved to a military base in Ohio, and that it was revealed to be a humanoid creature that measured 12 feet long and approximately 1,100 pounds in weight. What happened to the alleged body after that is anyone’s guess. Witnesses claimed that they were later ordered to alter their reports on the engagement to remove all mention of the giant they had encountered, and that the government had gone to great lengths to cover it all up. As to what the creature could have been, those who believe the story point to the fact that its description matches up very well with a legendary race of giants written of in the Bible which are called the Nephilim, and are described as often carrying lances as weapons. Coast to Coast AM host George Noory, who appeared on the episode and has interviewed the C-130 pilot who claims to have moved the body, even pointed out “It just sounds like the Nephilim from the Bible, doesn’t it?” Giants? Biblical mythical creatures? What are we to make of stories like this?"

REST OF ARTICLE HERE:

I just read the very same article yesterday. Who knows as to the credibility of the story but sheeeeeet, I just love me some of that weird high-strangeness stuff. Cannot get enough of it!

And for anyone reading this who maybe hasn't listened to Mysterious Universe or visited mysteriousuniverse.org, I highly recommend both. The site is constantly updated with bite-sized articles on every paranormal topic going, written by contributors who are known here at the Paracast and others too. Their free show is available every friday and for me personally, it is up there with the Paracast, as must-listen-to every week.

One C-130 pilot later claimed that he helped when the corpse of what has come to be known as the “Khandajar Giant” was eventually moved to a military base in Ohio, and that it was revealed to be a humanoid creature that measured 12 feet long and approximately 1,100 pounds in weight.

So, here is a video, reportedly with the C-130 pilot, who is in a dark hoodie, unrecognizable and unnamed, who tells the story in more detail. Sounds interesting, but who knows. Supposedly this pilot has been on C2C, and also supposedly has gotten into some hot water with the AF, even though he remains unidentifed. Somewhere else online it was said that way back when, this pilot mentioned to his mom that he may have transported a giant, and the mother was supposedly familiar with Steve Quayle's nephilim views, and thus acted to get them in touch with each other. Thus this interview on one of Quayle's productions. Who knows.

So, here is a video, reportedly with the C-130 pilot, who is in a dark hoodie, unrecognizable and unnamed, who tells the story in more detail. Sounds interesting, but who knows. Supposedly this pilot has been on C2C, and also supposedly has gotten into some hot water with the AF, even though he remains unidentifed. Somewhere else online it was said that way back when, this pilot mentioned to his mom that he may have transported a giant, and the mother was supposedly familiar with Steve Quayle's nephilim views, and thus acted to get them in touch with each other. Thus this interview on one of Quayle's productions. Who knows.

These sorts of stories are interesting as entertainment, but without at least some verification, like whether or not the person making the claim actually has military credentials, and if he does, could he have been in a position at the time to experience this story personally, is there even such a base and airfield, was it really used by the US, is there anyone else unconnected with this guy who can corroborate the story. Without more than some guy in a shadow telling a fantastical story it has no more value than complete fiction.

Of Relevance: A Tall Tale: Steve Quayle, L. A. Marzulli and the "Giant of Kandahar"

There have also been reports out of northern Iraq for PSD Teams working there one team was followed for a km by a creature on foot that easily kept pace with the vehicles in a WADI system.

the local Iraqi's call them "the Watchers"

Does anybody remember the name of that movie shot 2 or 3 years ago ( I think it was Danish) about a guy driving the wastelands hunting giant trolls (?)

I also think the movie was shot in Danish

Thanks!

No . I did see half of the Danish movie not bad and nothing surprises me in this World or Universe . Celtic and Welsh druids folk laws discuss Giants and Witchcraft .

Back