• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Balloons or UFOs? you decide

Skymon876

Paranormal Adept
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/10/13/new-yorkers-mistake-balloons-for-ufos/

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — A lot of people saw it, but no one’s quite sure what it was.
We’re talking about something in the sky spotted over Manhattan on Wednesday afternoon.
CBS 2 cameras captured the objects while shooting up above Chelsea at 23rd Street and Eighth Avenue.
Local media and the NYPD received several calls throughout the afternoon.
However, as CBS 2 cameras showed, the objects appeared to be yellow balloons, although there has been no official confirmation from the NYPD. On the streets below there was a lot of intrigue about the mystery going on up

ufos-in-nyc-420.jpg

I got a text that there has been strangle lights appearing over New York city for the last few hours, and people are watching these lights live on the New York Webcam. Some people are saying the lights are planes other people are saying there UFO's. I got woke up for this.

Going to have a look lol There seems to to be lot of buzz or something on the internet.

I got a text that there has been strangle lights appearing over New York city for the last few hours, and people are watching these lights live on the New York Webcam. Some people are saying the lights are planes other people are saying there UFO's. I got woke up for this.

Going to have a look lol There seems to to be lot of buzz or something on the internet.

can you find more details out and tell them to report it to NUFORC

My friend is from Ireland, he was awake and he text me to take a look. He saw that Information on the ATS website. Everyone go to EarthCam and enter the words

Empire State building, you'll get a live feed there to watch. It very late here Ryan close to five in the morning, and I have to work in a few hours time, but lot of people have made video and still images of the lights seen over New York.

Guys: the last time this happened, in 2001, with the sightings in NJ, the 911 attack followed shortly thereafter...:confused:

Does this mean another attack?? Or are they just getting excited to excess in the Big Apple??

Looked to me like the tug ship from the Fesarius in Star Trek TOS, the one with Opie's little Brother handing out orange juice...

Dale

I saw a "Light" that was blue in colour and that light was over or hovering over New York City, late last night.

I do no what it was, but it looked like an orb or light that was out of place.. I have to be careful here, I'm thousands of miles away and saw this light by way of a Webcam ( EarthCam to be exact) it could be a reflection anomaly or something with investigation could be easily explained?

"It was bright blue light and stationary for less than twenty seconds, and it just took off to the right of the Webcam.

People are claiming now this confirms Stanley Fulham was correct, sorry it doesn't, he claimed Giant ships would appear over major cities across the world, that never happened. Yes something strange was seen above in the sky in New York, during the day, but that may yet turn out to be balloons.

More people were paying attention to the skies that day and things were spotted, however what was spotted does not equate to alien spaceships. I personally saw the blue Light sometime around 11 I believe, it was odd, I have a photo on my phone, but the image is very blurry pixels are crap on my phone not worth uploading.

Here is a one video from last night showing the lights, it may be lights from Planes, I can't say either way. Judge for yourself. I have some interesting pictures can't upload them for some reason. Best thing to do here I guess is check back tonight and see if this lights appear again!!

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

This video made me laugh enjoy.

I listened to Tim Beckley on Coast last night, give his perspective as a New Yorker, and hobnobbing with olde-time saucer fiends. (Remember Augie Roberts? God, I've been in this field for a long time.) Tim always throws in his humor. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2010/10/14
Theses NYC events sorta confuze Mua, because party balloons are involved. But they coincide with the predictions of that zany NewAgey Contactee Air Force Officer. (The 'Ufos' not the balloons!) That officer, without meaning to, probably, is making a case MORE for the paranormal, than for the spaceship invasion.

Kieran, I LOVED that second video. I've been on an elephant kick the last few days so that was very synchronistic and funny.

There could be something to this but with so little hard info I think it best to wait and see what more comes to the surface.

From the hills above Christchurch city you can see aircraft looking like this when they turn to land at the airport. What you see is the landing lights coming on and if they happen to be pointing at the hills they look just like what you see in the webcam footage. I will add that as they turn they seem to fade away so this could be an explination.

Dont get me wrong I am not saying they are aircraft its just an idea.
On the other hand if this is not a constent thing e.g. that it is not see like this every night of the year then the aircraft idea can be thrown out as an explination.

I would say it was balloons. Especially since a teacher said they had an accidental release of balloons at her school, on the same day. The balloons were for a wedding reception and were large bundles tied together with ribbon.

It was a Yahoo news story that had a brief interview with that teacher.

I heard NUFORC signed up with another UFO watchdog group called WHEYPAL. Not sure what the second anachronism means but whenever someone spies a UFO they're supposed to call "NUFORC and WHEYPAL" right away!

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

To me the video pretty clearly shows balloons. No way the behavior of the objects demonstrates any kind of advanced maneuvering or propulsion common of a genuine craft we'd deem as a UFO.

Hey guys,
I work as a substitute teacher at a high school that is located in Chelsea NYC. I wasn't working on wed when the ufo sightings occurred , but I did get the chance to ask some of my students about it that Friday. One student who did witness the events said that "there was no way those things in the sky were balloons." She explained that the spheres would sometimes move together and form a group, before breaking up again, and that they would blink out and reappear. She also described some of the objects moving quickly then stopping short in midair. A different student told me that on the ground the police presence was huge, and they were just as confused as the onlookers, and that fighter planes were flying over at high altitudes. I'm not saying these objects were piloted by some intelligent entity....I just don't think they were balloons.

Back