• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Aprill 11 - Macs 'Cryptos' w/ Bishop, Redfern & Kimball

Free episodes:

To me the "simulated UFO" scenario seems highly ineffective and a tremendous amount effort to go through. It's like the "cattle mutilation is terrorism" business. It is just too much expensive and effort for too small an effect. If you wanted to mess with peoples heads and you had the abilities necessary to pull those aforementioned things off, you could produce things that really would influence mass public opinion and evoke mind-numbing terror in entire populations.

The cyptoterrestrial idea is interesting to think about but what I don't understand why it's portrayed as a better alternative to the ETH.

I mean how is it silly to think an extraterrestrial civilization would send physical craft, either occupied or unoccupied, to explore neighbouring solar systems when our puny civilization already does similar things within our own solar system? You take our technology, extrapolate it out a few hundred, or even a thousand years and you can imagine us doing just that.

But no it's much more plausible to invoke a couple dozen other variables, most of which aren't even known to be physically possible? I've just never been able to wrap my head around that logic. Just because it would be really really cool for them to be interdimensional time travelling parallel universe traversing silicon shape shifters, doesn't mean that's a better answer. I think some people just want it to be a lot more profound than it probably is.

The simplest answer with the least variables is the one usually closest to the truth.

Cryptoterrestrials doesn't require travel between star systems or the investment of a civilization in an intense, long-term surveillance of a far-off planet.

In that sense, it's a simpler solution. That doesn't make it THE solution. But it's worth further study.

But there's still no evidence to suggest they're from here. It's cool to imagine but there's no reason to think that it's true.

Whereas if you see things flying in the air which weren't made by humans it's pretty rational to conclude they came from somewhere else. We already explore our own solar system, it's logical to think others would do the same on a larger scale. It's a pretty weak argument to say that because we haven't combed the entire Earth that an unfathomably advanced civilization is hiding in the only place we'll never ever look.

It's the same argument as saying they live here but in another dimension, how convenient is that?

The ETH is falsifiable in that its possible that interstellar travel isn't possible, therefore aliens can't get here. The cryptoterrestrial hypothesis isn't, you can always say they're just around that next unexplored inch of the inner-earth, or right down that next deep ocean trench, they're always conveniently just out of our reach. Sounds like a book gold mine to me. LOL

One piece of evidence I have always found fascinating are the films of Dorothy Izatt, which was discussed on an early episode of the Paracast and which many find credible. Ms. Izatt took (I believe) 30 mm film of UFOs that seemed to consistently fly over her home in Canada. Suddenly, on one slide of the film (too short of a time to falsify) there would be a burst of light activity, busily forming rather complex light patterns. This phenomena occurred on multiple films, on multiple events. Ms. Izatt, who is a grandmother and probably in her 70s, stated that her understanding was that this was an indication of the alien craft punching through to our dimension or reality frame. If correct, this does not entirely undercut either ETH or CTH, but does go to some of the physics potentially employed. Ms. Izatt's tapes don't look all that dissimilar to some of the video taken down in Texas in 2007/2008.

Anyone who hasn't listened to that episode should go back and download it -- it is one of the best.

But there's still no evidence to suggest they're from here. It's cool to imagine but there's no reason to think that it's true.

Whereas if you see things flying in the air which weren't made by humans it's pretty rational to conclude they came from somewhere else. We already explore our own solar system, it's logical to think others would do the same on a larger scale. It's a pretty weak argument to say that because we haven't combed the entire Earth that an unfathomably advanced civilization is hiding in the only place we'll never ever look.

It's the same argument as saying they live here but in another dimension, how convenient is that?

The ETH is falsifiable in that its possible that interstellar travel isn't possible, therefore aliens can't get here. The cryptoterrestrial hypothesis isn't, you can always say they're just around that next unexplored inch of the inner-earth, or right down that next deep ocean trench, they're always conveniently just out of our reach. Sounds like a book gold mine to me. LOL

There is Myths and legends that exist today and can be read. Celt legends for example are very suggestive. That there was once an advanced non human intelligence living on the planet long ago and that there was a conflict between the emerging or settled human race and they left ( The Tuatha) This was agreed under the terms of the treaty that was signed between the Tuatha and us humans. I actually do believe there could be some truth to this story. Like Myths usually come from a source of information that is viewed by the many as being true. There is also legends from my country that speak of a band of warriors called the "Fianna" and they too have blond Hair and were very magical. I often wonder are the myths and legends describing too distinctive non human races the "Fianna" and the "Tuatha? and that the information on the internet could be wrong and the Fianna are the Nordics and the Tuatha is a completely different being to us. Pure speculation of course on my part.

The simplest answer with the least variables is the one usually closest to the truth.

In the computer field we call it the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid) lol. But the issue is still complex in both CTH and ETH.

The CTH idea (Crypto) removes the "Einsteinian limitation" argument (speed of light - they can't get here from there) from skeptics, raising the potentiality bar for the idea of legit non-human phenomenon occuring on this planet. In other words, the CTH idea is adapted to our current technological framework and is a package less vulnerable to Bill Nye the science guy who thinks humans are almost the best of the best of the best ;)

bill.jpg
The ETH is another beast and works inside Einsteinian limitations and potentially outside. For example, a civilization trapped by Einsteinian physics could have huge self-sufficient motherships travelling at speeds below the speed of light (Noah's ark style) searching for replacement home worlds or in search of ressources to exploit ;)

ETH forces you to accept that the center of supreme technological evolution is not on this planet and that the fabric of space and time is effectively exploited by more advanced civilization.
Black holes, space contraction or expansion offer clues to possibly finding our way around Einstein limitations... As a side note, we are currently on the verge of building viable fusion reactors (NIF-Livermore, ITER) based on how the sun works. Its not such a hard stretch to build faster than light travel models based on how black holes manipulate the fabric of space.

CTH is more comforting (human-centric) and less vulnerable to criticism... but IMHO, the universe is much more violent and complex (alien-centric).

The CTH does a neater job of explaining certain aspects of the UFO phenomena- like why the beings associated with it tend to be quite human like and their apparent genetic interest in us. ETs would unlikely to be genetically compatible with humans, even species as closely related as humans and chimps can't interbreed, yet there are cases where people have had direct intercourse with UFO occupants. Of course, that's assuming that it's not a cover for something else, if they can be deceptive about their origins, they can be deceptive about anything else, or, indeed that the event has any objective reality.
Also, there just seems to be too much of a staged flavour to many UFO events. Why stick big flashing lights on your craft or hang about by a road waiting for cars to come past if you're here to carry out a steathly survey?
As Kieran mentioned above, the parallels with folklore are too strong to ignore as well.
Of course, none of that proves or disproves either the CTH or the ETH (and they're not mutually exclusive). Although we have a sizeable body of anecdotal evidence, a smaller body of physical evidence, we've still nothing (in the public domain at least) that proves any kind of origin.

The CTH does a neater job of explaining certain aspects of the UFO phenomena- like why the beings associated with it tend to be quite human like and their apparent genetic interest in us. ETs would unlikely to be genetically compatible with humans, even species as closely related as humans and chimps can't interbreed, yet there are cases where people have had direct intercourse with UFO occupants. Of course, that's assuming that it's not a cover for something else, if they can be deceptive about their origins, they can be deceptive about anything else, or, indeed that the event has any objective reality.

... Unless they are transforming us to be more like them. (After seeding the planet eons ago)

For ETH, you actually have to turn the logic upside down for it to make sense. If you have an alien-centric perspective, you should agree that they come visit us and not the opposite and that they obviously have technological advantages and possibly genetic advantages over us (Galactic standard perhaps ?).

If you insist on keeping a human-centric perspective (bottom-up) where humans are unique carbon-based genetic sentient standard of this planet only... then an earth-confined CTH idea makes perfect sense.

Also, there just seems to be too much of a staged flavour to many UFO events. Why stick big flashing lights on your craft or hang about by a road waiting for cars to come past if you're here to carry out a steathly survey?
As Kieran mentioned above, the parallels with folklore are too strong to ignore as well.
Of course, none of that proves or disproves either the CTH or the ETH (and they're not mutually exclusive). Although we have a sizeable body of anecdotal evidence, a smaller body of physical evidence, we've still nothing (in the public domain at least) that proves any kind of origin.

Jacques Vallée proves my point in lot of way's and he has researched this more deeply than i have. I guess Vallée could have been culturally biased towards a particular point of view. Since he Is a Frenchman and his country was once occupied by tribes that were Celt?

My personal opinion is that all theories to origins of UFO's are completely valid. Until we can prove otherwise.

ETH Hypothesis doesn't seem right to personally though. Irish myths and legends describe a more exotic location for were these non Humans came from. So again i might be culturally biased here to what i believe.
We do at least have one fact that is not debatable. The UFO phenomenon is an Earth based Phenomenon everything else is just speculation.

There is a long discussion of the case here.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

What happened to David's offer to go see Izzat? Did they ever get up there?

I heard, unofficially at least, of a falling out between David and the people who were working with Izatt on this matter. I have not communicated with the parties since then to see if anything can be done to salvage the situation so one of our current reps can see her.

It is a wonder that this subject (UFOs) gets studied with any acumen at all considering the lack of professionalism, egos and tender flesh involved in it.

I gotta say, after listening to this episode I would really like to hear a round-table with this group and the abduction researchers (Jacobs and Hopkins) because in listening to the doubts these three were voicing - in agreement - about the abduction phenomenon suppositions, I could distinctly hear Hopkins and Jacobs arguing their case with physical evidence.

I'm not angling to one side or the other, but I think there is sufficient evidence to support both sides of the argument....that being, the phenomenon is physical vs. the phenomenon is visionary....and I think it would be really interesting to hear a pragmatic discussion on both sides of the issue.

Tangentially, or not, here is a quote from one of Karla Turner's books, Taken, where she describes an abduction account that was seemingly hallucinatory,

"To complicate matters, many reports show that some interactions occur on a mental
rather than a physical level. One type is an artificially induced virtual-reality scenario (VRS),
an externally introduced event, that to the witness is practically indistinguishable from
objective reality. The person may experience a situation with full sensory input and react with
genuine physical and emotional responses, although in 'reality' the person may be lying
immobile on an exam table, or sitting attached to some alien apparatus, or even asleep in bed
with no outward sign of disturbance.

While the VRS may have been a matter of theory in the past, a possible explanation for some
of the more "unacceptable" abduction accounts, it has now been confirmed in a three-witness,
conscious event. It came to light when I was investigating the abduction experiences of Ted
Rice, a psychic of excellent reputation throughout the southern states.

Ted witnessed a virtual-reality scenario when he was in Florida visiting a friend, Marie, along
with another house guest, Amelia. The two women occupied twin beds in one room, and
Ted slept down the hall in another. Not long after going to bed one night during his visit, he
was awakened by Marie shouting for him to "come quickly!"

Heading down the hall, Ted saw a pervasive blue glow emanating from the other bedroom
doorway. Entering, he found Marie pressed against the far wall, staring at the twin beds in shock.
And he saw where the blue light was coming from. Amelia lay immobile in one bed,
surrounded by a huge, blue, glowing, "electrical" sphere of light. Her eyes were open, and she
didn't seem to be in any distress as she carried on a conversation with someone Ted
and Marie couldn't see. Terrified, they tried to talk to her, but they could hardly hear one
another even when shouting. Amelia continued to speak within the sphere for several
minutes, until the blue light suddenly disappeared, at which point she was finally free of the
paralysis that had kept her in the bed.

Amelia told Ted and Marie that the experience started with the loud sound of a helicopter low
over the house. When she opened her eyes she could see through the ceiling and roof, as if
they'd disappeared, to where the helicopter was hovering just above the house. She described
two entities in the craft, whom she said also appeared at the foot of the bed before the blue
light vanished. One being was tall, with greenish skin, an egg-shaped head, and slanted
eyes as the only visible facial features. The other, shorter, entity, Amelia said, was blue-black in
color.

Ted and Marie had seen absolutely nothing of these creatures, nor had they heard a
helicopter at any time. But they had seen the sphere of light, with brighter, darting lights
shooting through it, and Amelia frozen in a slightly raised position inside it, for she had been
starting to sit up when the light coalesced and paralyzed her.

Amelia's perception of the experience was completely "real" for her. She was conscious
when it began and throughout the entire event, as Ted and Marie attested. From everything
her sensory input told her, Amelia had experienced an actual event with the craft and entities.
Virtual reality. And the conscious and unaffected witnesses, Ted and Marie, observed
objectively real effects of the mechanism which manipulated the event, verifying its external
origin. VRS technology exists and is in use, this much is clear. And unless there are
outside witnesses, such as in this rare instance, the experiencer cannot personally
discern between a VRS and an actual event. The virtual-reality scenario may occur
while the person is conscious, as in Amelia's case, or it may be introduced into the
person's dream state. According to those who've experienced the VRS dream-and I
am one of those, as will be discussed later-it is an intrusive event that suddenly
interrupts a normal dream. The experiencer is aware of a total, abrupt change in
consciousness and finds himself in an event altogether different from his dream."

I completely agree that further discussion to clarify the evidence regarding the cryptoterrestrial hypothesis (CTH) and the ideas promoted by Dr. David Jacobs and Budd Hopkins could be productive.

Just a few days ago, a study published in the journal Science detailed some results that almost certainly would have interested Mac Tonnies. A group has been able to decipher most of the genomic DNA base sequence of long extinct Neanderthals. In itself, this is a remarkable technical achievement, but the analyses (although controversial and subject to confirmation) are amazing - they suggest some modern human lineages interacted and genetically hybridized with Neanderthals. The idea that indigenous, intelligent hominids coexisted on planet Earth and hybridized is a possibility receiving some serious scrutiny by the scientific mainstream.

This study does more than just indirectly support a tenet of the CTH, it reveals that whole genome analyses can be performed with sufficient precision to identify even ancient hybridization events that involved now extinct organisms. DNA sequencing methods and new genetic analyses tools might now provide a powerful means to investigate the CTH if suitable subjects are ever identified. However, the same technology could potentially rapidly and unambiguously sort out the validity of claims regarding human-alien hybrids, transgenic entities and other situations in which human genetics may have been modified. There certainly seems to be no shortage of claims being made regarding alien hybridization and that suggests it should be possible to identify suitable subjects for further investigation.

I would very much like to hear a discussion between the experts on alien abductions and/or the CTH and scientists knowledgeable about molecular genetic analyses methods regarding the samples and experimental strategies that might help get to the root of these matters.

Back