• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 8, 2018 — Rev. Dr. Barry Downing with Don Ecker

The Reverend Dr. graduated college in 1960, so he must be in his 80's by now. Despite this, he was bright and full of energy.
I guess now we have entered an era of a different guest co-host each week.

And it is great to hear Don Ecker again. But every time i wonder how long it will take to hear him use the V-word. ;)

As this was a religious episode, I was hoping that someone would actually make a better case for The Bible being the Word of God, but it seems that the cow has left the pasture a while ago.

I thought after making fun of the Pope for saying that Hell does not exist, that the episode was going in a certain direction, but even the Rev does not believe Genesis. If certified religious instructors think Adam and Eve were "just" myths, they have a lot of explaining to do about how Adam and Jesus were linked via Original Sin and Sin Eating.

Each co-host so far has, as expected, a unique approach and interactions with Gene. I am not opposed to the revolving door but do miss Chris and his approach. I think there is another approach to guests however which I have reached out to Gene and Chris with over a private thread. In short I think it would be valuable to bring in "fringe" experts who deal with these concepts/technologies JUST outside of the Ufology community to provide a transition or speculative interpretation of the subjects we deal with as investigators, essentially skeptics who could change their minds if we provide context to their subject matter expertise.

Jenny- technology is the hydrologic cycle that erodes the mountains of canon and creates the beaches of religion. The Paracast, The Dark Journalist, LMH, Joseph Pharrell, etc. are correlating how all these different streams leads to the ocean of truth. Keep it up, everyone!!!

@TDSR_is_YOU

Dr. Barry Downing/Don Ecker:

- (curmudgeon Don)

- PSA about Phil Embrognue

- The outing of Phil

- How come Don and Gene don’t correlate Phil as CIA and or an equivalent to Doty?

- A question for all; have you come across testimony from experiencers who say they prayed (choose your religion) in the presence of ET phenomena for “them” to leave….. i.e. calling for “divine” intervention? And did anything “answer” if so?

- Don says that Phil is too young to have been in Vietnam. My question is for Don; by how many years? Gene and a forum member had a discrepancy of three years over the age of Dr. Downing, was Phil 15 at the time of his enlistment according to your research coincidently?

- Gene: “kill the book”? Llewellyn publishing is no different than the MSM today, sources/credibility/actual events mean nothing in our modern time, no surprise to most in this forum. Don spun the yarn on this point, but “journalism is dead” - NOPE, many are already leaking and let us hope we the people protect them.

- Barry: “when you die your dead”. CAREFULL!! As a “scholar/guest” your cutting off probably 80% of your listeners who believe in iterative learning, meaning reincarnation of some kind.

- Dr. Downing explains the notion of intelligent design spot on in my opinion, and offers a refreshing correlation between an “alien agenda” and the biblical agenda. Well done man!

- Barry is rolling, very comprehensive interpretation compared to many in the field. Well done Doc.

- Chris! The trickster appears at the red sea!!! Gene's point about “natural” vs. “super-natural” just tied this together for the guests. Don continues…..

- BTW..the Dark Journalist just dropped the mic this week…

- MORE on the Younger Dryas……Why Science Should Cherish Its Rebels - Graham Hancock Official Website

- The theologians during the time of the Christ did default to the “government” as the source of truth similar to the point made about today’s miracles/alien experiences and government reporting. Not much has changed in terms of intellectual “convenience”.

- Disclosure is not truth, THEY have no idea what reality is and no “announcement” could stop the light speed of paradigm shifts that would occur after a real disclosure. Based on the average person I have known in my life, unfortunately for the rest of us, slow disclosure was necessary as there is simply TOO many guns in the hands of people who would panic in light of true disclosure….assuming there is actually a human explanation that satisfies the means to the end.

- TDJ insinuated that the Blacksmith has a history as a primary contactee….hence the first real leap in technology…the cast wheel, will be looking into this!!!!!

- The notion suggested by Dr. Downing that modern society reflects the schism between science and belief is in part created by delaying disclosure is very keen, very keen indeed.

- I believe we will return to ethics upon the realization that we are not alone. And with that…….good evening Paracast!

@TDS_is_YOU

I made a mistake with Rev. Downing's address because I was focused on a different date. Just one of those things. Don't put more meaning into it. Imbrogno a CIA operative? Doubtful. Doty appears to be the real deal (at least as far as his background is concerned), although I don't know how much of an effort has been made to confirm his credentials. Imbrogno is a proven fake. He's even removed his faux credentials from his latest bio, where he describes himself as a retired science teacher. Did his employer retire him?

A publisher can publish what they want within the normal limits of common sense, and if that includes manuscripts from authors that fake their backgrounds, so be it.

Great interview: Gene & Don,
Enjoyed Dr. Barry Downing about religion and darwinism can co-exist the discussion. More importantly Don input about Sumerian history always insightful . The above youtube link of the Dark Journalist was interesting until it went off road about abductions. The human factor about UFO and conversations is important and the Dark Journalist spot on to move back into focus on the technical elements.

I'm not typically negative about these things; in fact I generally enjoy whatever you guys have to offer on the Paracast. But it was somewhat frustrating listening to Don Ecker pretty much hijack the show with his constant bloviating. Maybe he could get to the point a little quicker next time. And perhaps stay on-point. I wish I could have heard more from Rev. Dr. Barry Downing. Perhaps he had more of a chance to vocalize during the 'After the Paracast' segment.

As always, I appreciate everyone's group effort, regardless.

Actually what I said was Imbrogno was too young to have served with the Army Special Forces. I did not say he was too young to have served in Vietnam. In order for him to have served in MACV-SOG he would have had to have been a Staff Sgt, and there were not too many E6's that were 19 or 20 years old. It later came out that possibly he was a corpsman in the Air Force. He, however, refused to show anybody his DD-214 or military discharge papers ... if he had any.

Decker

Last edited:
But it was somewhat frustrating listening to Don Ecker pretty much hijack the show with his constant bloviating. Maybe he could get to the point a little quicker next time. And perhaps stay on-point. I wish I could have heard more from Rev. Dr. Barry Downing. Perhaps he had more of a chance to vocalize during the 'After the Paracast' segment..

Sorry you were not entirely happy with the show. Here is a thought, ask Gene to bring you on as a co-host and maybe you could then show me how it should be done.

Decker

You were verbose during the episode.
Maybe you could be a little more humble when someone offers you constructive criticism.
Your reply was obnoxious and quite frankly childish.
I know it’s probably out of your reach but consider replying with something along the lines of, “Well, I’ll take that under advisement”.

I agree,when Randall has been picked up on his guest presenter performances he always replies in a mature way and looks to how he can improve.Nobody is perfect and we can’t please everyone so just take it on the chin without petulance.

Actually what I said was Imbrogno was too young to have served with the Army Special Forces. I did not say he was too young to have served in Vietnam. In order for him to have served in MACV-SOG he would have had to have been a Staff Sgt, and there were not too many E6's that were 19 or 20 years old. It later came out that possibly he was a corpsman in the Air Force. He, however, refused to show anybody his DD-214 or military discharge papers ... if he had any.

Decker
Hey Don is there any way to get somebody's DD 214 directly from the military? I was reading about this awhile back and it seems that only the individual, or a family member with the proper legal authority, can request a copy of somebody's DD 214.

That seems like a major problem, because it would be really easy to modify a DD 214 in any digital graphics program like Photoshop. So if we can't get an official copy, there's no way to know if somebody's DD 214 is legit or altered/spoofed, right? In my reading I also recall the surprising discovery that the military doesn't come after people who fake their DD 214, so apparently there are no legal repercussions either.

Perhaps you know of some way to verify somebody's DD 214.

See the Congressional Research Service (CRS) publication "Military Service Records and Unit Histories: a guide to locating sources." (2018)

Military Service Records are available from National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) via Standard Form 180. If you are a veteran or next-of-kin of a deceased former member of the military, you may now use eVetRecs to request copies of military records online, including DD FORM 214, Report of Separation. Please note that you will have to sign and mail, or fax, the form that is generated by an eVetRecs request within 20 days to complete the process. If you are doing genealogical research in military service records, please see NARA's guide Research in Military Records.

Decker

Back