• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 4th show - Hopkins, Randle & Jacobs

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Budd Hopkins seems an easy mark. He was punked (hoaxed) by Jim Mortellaro and refused to accept this until his own board at the Intruder's Foundation put their foot down. Budd Hopkins wouldn't see a hoax if it had "HOAX" spray painted in 10 foot letters on its side. The man has a will to believe, which means he has bought his own spin. So everyone, put together a good tale of abduction that matches the Hopkins dogma, and you too can be a star, the focus of his next book! You might even be introduced to the world by Budd Hopkins on Coast to Coast. I still have cassette tapes of Budd Hopkins several appearances about 10 years ago on the JEFF RENSE show with Jim Mortellaro. Budd said he would stake his reputation on the veracity of Jim's story. Well, I guess we can see in retrospect how much Budd's "stake" is worth. I hope no one invested their 401 in Budd Hopkins Stake! I wouldn't doubt there is a secret society (conspiracy theory) called the "I punked Budd Hopkins with one hand tied behind my back" club. Then I suspect there is a second club called the "And when I admitted it to Budd, he insisted I must be a CIA agent and/or an alien hybrid". And the beat goes on and on and on.

Listen, if you want to learn about abduction researchers, you have to read and research what is written ABOUT them, not BY them. Has no one but me read THE ABDUCTION ENIGMA by Kevin Randle, for example? Has no one but me read all the Jacques Vallee works? Has no one but me read the Terry Mathison book ALIEN ABDUCTIONS - CREATING A MODERN PHENOMENA (in which he totally deconstructs Raymond Fowler, among others). If you only read the works of the actual abduction researchers, how can you possibly have any objectivity? It's like reading only the works of a cult, and then proclaiming your undying allegiance to that cult, while totally ignoring all the literature that contradicts the cult's claims.

If you only read the works of the actual abduction researchers, how can you possibly have any objectivity? It's like reading only the works of a cult, and then proclaiming your undying allegiance to that cult, while totally ignoring all the literature that contradicts the cult's claims.

You make an excellent point. It would be a bit like reading Scientology propaganda without listening to the folks who are leaving the cult now with these incredible tales of abuse and criminality.

Regarding Dr. Jacobs' books, particularly The Threat, I have to say that I did not find it overly sexual in tone, nor did I get the impression that Dr. Jacobs was 'obsessed' with sex. The way it has been described here in this thread you would think you were reading The Penthouse Forum.

Wow ... really??? 8) Think I'll have to read it again then ... although I found it tough going, very very long, very far-fetched ... and rather tedious the first time :cool:. I'll try getting through it again though and hopefully make some notes as I do so. Wish me luck :D

Wow ... really??? 8) Think I'll have to read it again then ... although I found it tough going, very very long, very far-fetched ... and rather tedious the first time :cool:. I'll try getting through it again though and hopefully make some notes as I do so. Wish me luck :D

As you read it, keep reminding yourself that "it's only a story - it's all make-believe" so that you don't become afraid that you are secretly surrounded by horny alien hybrids. Frankly, if I was young and dating, I'd demand to see a birth certificate before I went out with anyone, since I wouldn't want to become emotionally involved with an alien hybrid, only to have them go off in a scaucer every time we have a disagreement and I suggest couples counseling. :(

Call me George Kenniston. Dave Jacobs quioted from my interviews/hypnosis sessions in his book Secret Life. I have waded through all prior posts in this thread and offer this reply.

Dave and I worked face to face in the 1990-91 timeframe. He did not lead. He did not suggest. He planted nothing. He never reacted in a way that suggested approval, or indeed much at all. He did ask what happened next. He did wait while I found my own words, and let me say what I had to say - patiently and clearly listening. When it was all done, when I had related all I could, we sat down and talked. David explained what he was trying to do, and I supported it by giving him permission to use what I had told him. He was and is a fair, thorough investigator, and honest. I have followed his work since and while I disagree with some things, I agree with much of what Dave says. And I respect him for it.

As an abductee who wrestled with becoming a reportee, and who has had 20 years (more or less) to think about it all, let me say this. To those who would impugn Dave Jacob's professionalism, or his scholarship, or his integrity, who discount his hypotheses, who see only unresolved flaws in a field filled more by flaws than facts, who self-celebrate a snappy criticism - let me say this. Interview an abductee. Investigate a sighting. Type up the report and work on a chronology. Labor through the cross-references. Go back and interview that abductee again, and then maybe again. Take a stand. Suggest what it all means and defend that view. Put up your evidence, whatever that might be, and take the risk of being wrong. Criticism helps to show what we don't know - either not known at all or misunderstood. Expand what we know to add what here-to-fore was unknown. When I took a risk and reported, that's what I was trying to do.

To my knowledge, Dave Jacobs seeks the truth. That's all he ever wanted from me. And to follow the truth wherever it goes. As far as I know, and I've never met him, Budd Hopkins is no different. To both of them, godspeed.

Best wishes,

George

Call me George Kenniston. Dave Jacobs quioted from my interviews/hypnosis sessions in his book Secret Life. I have waded through all prior posts in this thread and offer this reply. Dave and I worked face to face in the 1990-91 timeframe. He did not lead. He did not suggest. He planted nothing. He never reacted in a way that suggested approval, or indeed much at all. He did ask what happened next. He did wait while I found my own words, and let me say what I had to say - patiently and clearly listening. When it was all done, when I had related all I could, we sat down and talked. David explained what he was trying to do, and I supported it by giving him permission to use what I had told him. He was and is a fair, thorough investigator, and honest. I have followed his work since and while I disagree with some things, I agree with much of what Dave says. And I respect him for it. As an abductee who wrestled with becoming a reportee, and who has had 20 years (more or less) to think about it all, let me say this. To those who would impugn Dave Jacob's professionalism, or his scholarship, or his integrity, who discount his hypotheses, who see only unresolved flaws in a field filled more by flaws than facts, who self-celebrate a snappy criticism - let me say this. Interview an abductee. Investigate a sighting. Type up the report and work on a chronology. Labor through the cross-references. Go back and interview that abductee again, and then maybe again. Take a stand. Suggest what it all means and defend that view. Put up your evidence, whatever that might be, and take the risk of being wrong. Criticism helps to show what we don't know - either not known at all or misunderstood. Expand what we know to add what here-to-fore was unknown. When I took a risk and reported, that's what I was trying to do. To my knowledge, Dave Jacobs seeks the truth. That's all he ever wanted from me. And to follow the truth wherever it goes. As far as I know, and I've never met him, Budd Hopkins is no different. To both of them, godspeed. Best wishes, George

George

Thank you for your intelligent, considered, reasoned and knowledgeable post. Your high opinion of David Jacobs is shared by other people I know who have met and know him personally, and your description of working with him corroborates precisely my own experience of his careful and conservative working methods.

Without the sustained and dedicated work of a small number of people like DJ, we would have little understanding of this phenomenon. We would still be flailing around with "sleep paralysis" and "psychological" explanations and getting nowhere. It's easy to carp and criticise from the anonymous and ultimately futile environment of an internet forum, and quite another thing to devote years to primary investigation, come to a view based on careful weighing of evidence and put yourself on the line, in the public eye, under your own name.

Call me George Kenniston. Dave Jacobs quioted from my interviews/hypnosis sessions in his book Secret Life. I have waded through all prior posts in this thread and offer this reply.

Thanks for that George, and welcome to the forums.

But ... as you say you worked with him in the very early 1990s. Did you work with him at any point after that?? 1990/91 was very early on in Dr Jacobs hypnotic regression history. He may have been very ethical then. But later on he may have changed tack. Just because he was ethical in 1991 does not mean that he is ethical now. He may have been leading people on under hypnotic regression for 10/15 years and you would not know of it since you were not working with him in this time.

Just a thought.

[PS Did anyone know that Messrs Mack and Jacobs won an Ig Noble award in 1993 ... and I quote from the Ig Noble website:

PSYCHOLOGY
John Mack of Harvard Medical School and David Jacobs of Temple University, mental visionaries, for their leaping conclusion that people who believe they were kidnapped by aliens from outer space, probably were -- and especially for their conclusion "the focus of the abduction is the production of children. [REFERENCE: "Secret Life : Firsthand, Documented Accounts of UFO Abductions"] ]

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

As you read it, keep reminding yourself that "it's only a story - it's all make-believe" so that you don't become afraid that you are secretly surrounded by horny alien hybrids. Frankly, if I was young and dating, I'd demand to see a birth certificate before I went out with anyone, since I wouldn't want to become emotionally involved with an alien hybrid, only to have them go off in a scaucer every time we have a disagreement and I suggest couples counseling. :(

Oh boy ... I found it yesterday. Took of all of 1 minute to track it down but can I pick it up?? I'll have to summon up all of my hidden strength that all humans have to pick it up and start going through it. Oh the things we do ...

Still ... should have interesting ... dreams :D

[oh and according to another interview I just listened to with Dr Jacobs, if someone says they are a hybrid ... then they are most definitely NOT a hybrid. No question about it ... Dr Jacobs is always right ... and I mean ALWAYS :D. So if you think you're a hybrid then you're not. And if you don't think you are a hybrid then you ... are???:confused:. Conffuuuuuused ...]

Hello George,

You being a research subject for Jacobs some 20 years ago, is a long time from the present.

You say you were quoted in 'Secret Life'. Then I'd assume you also read his next book 'The Threat'. Though 'Secret Life' was no doubt disturbing to read (regarding the apparent brutality and horror of abductions) , 'The Threat' delved deeply into a particular area of hybrids and their copious sex life with human women.

Did you meet hybrids that interacted with you in your everyday life or onboard a 'spaceship' - like the human subjects in 'The Threat' experienced and that Jacobs subject/webmistress "Elizabeth" wrote about in her blog? Thanks in advance for any answers you could provide!

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Budd Hopkins seems an easy mark. He was punked (hoaxed) by Jim Mortellaro and refused to accept this until his own board at the Intruder's Foundation put their foot down. Budd Hopkins wouldn't see a hoax if it had "HOAX" spray painted in 10 foot letters on its side. The man has a will to believe, which means he has bought his own spin. So everyone, put together a good tale of abduction that matches the Hopkins dogma, and you too can be a star, the focus of his next book! You might even be introduced to the world by Budd Hopkins on Coast to Coast. I still have cassette tapes of Budd Hopkins several appearances about 10 years ago on the JEFF RENSE show with Jim Mortellaro. Budd said he would stake his reputation on the veracity of Jim's story. Well, I guess we can see in retrospect how much Budd's "stake" is worth. I hope no one invested their 401 in Budd Hopkins Stake! I wouldn't doubt there is a secret society (conspiracy theory) called the "I punked Budd Hopkins with one hand tied behind my back" club. Then I suspect there is a second club called the "And when I admitted it to Budd, he insisted I must be a CIA agent and/or an alien hybrid". And the beat goes on and on and on.

It speaks volumes that the Intruders Foundation Board had to convince Hopkins that Mortarello was a fake. This reminds me of Mortarello's yahoo forum that I subscribed to several years ago. His co-moderator was Alfred Lehmberg (who's now a columnist for UFO Magazine - paper and online).

Mortellaro was quite the charismatic figure of sympathy - a middle-aged man who was passionate about life, had a sense of humor and definitely spoke his mind. He shared publically with us about his physical problems and a wife with physical problems who he had to care for (which might have very well been true and that makes it all the more sad).

And there were his abductions. I remember one he told us about- car and all - next to his home. The 'aliens' just wouldn't leave the man alone! I felt sorry for him because I'd had anomalous experiences that were peaking about that time (along with a few people close to me as well).

His co-moderator Lehmberg would attack anyone who dared to question "Morty". I personally didn't know what to believe and stayed out of the fray. Eventually I guess enough people persuaded Lehmberg that Morty was blowing a whole lot of smoke up everyones......ahem. But by them, so much damage had been done, in the form of harsh written words to people who simply questioned.

I'd later heard anecdotes that Morty would stretch his voice into a higher register, pretending to be a female doctor, while trying to convince Hopkins ,on the phone ,about physical evidence found supporting his abduction claims. :(

Hello George,

You being a research subject for Jacobs some 20 years ago, is a long time from the present.

You say you were quoted in 'Secret Life'. Then I'd assume you also read his next book 'The Threat'. Though 'Secret Life' was no doubt disturbing to read (regarding the apparent brutality and horror of abductions) , 'The Threat' delved deeply into a particular area of hybrids and their copious sex life with human women.

Did you meet hybrids that interacted with you in your everyday life or onboard a 'spaceship' - like the human subjects in 'The Threat' experienced and that Jacobs subject/webmistress "Elizabeth" wrote about in her blog? Thanks in advance for any answers you could provide!

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

It speaks volumes that the Intruders Foundation Board had to convince Hopkins that Mortarello was a fake. ... I'd later heard anecdotes that Morty would stretch his voice into a higher register, pretending to be a female doctor, while trying to convince Hopkins ,on the phone ,about physical evidence found supporting his abduction claims. :(

Neither Budd Hopkins or Dr. Jacobs have learned from the James Mortarello hoax. They have simply gone on to promote Elizabeth's hoax, which escalated to even more outlandish levels after I ended my association with Dr. Jacobs.

Dr. Jacobs took on a tweny-one-year-old man as a research subject after me. The young man ended up being pulled into the same horrendous situation with Dr. Jacobs and Elizabeth that I had just got out of. A series of complex events took place, that eventuated with the young man conducting "hypnosis" sessions with Elizabeth on instant messenger. He did this because Dr. Jacobs and Elizabeth both told him that it worked well. Soon afterwards, the young man began to receive "hybrid" instant messaging from Elizabeth's computer in the same way that Dr. Jacobs was. The "hybrids" (a.k.a. Elizabeth) eventually made it clear to the young man that they had, in fact, located Dr. Jacobs.

The young man has given me permission to talk about it, and in an email he told me:

"Her "hybrids" spoke to me often about how they found Jacobs and how they're "controlling" him."

In another email the young man told me:

"... she described how she accidentally got it in her mind during a sexual procedure that she was involved intimately with Dr. Jacobs. That speaks volumes to me.”

I learned through the young man that during a hypnosis session that he conducted with Elizabeth on instant messenger on July 30, 2007, she told him the following:

She was on board a UFO, and saw Dr. Jacobs across the room on the other side. He was naked, and he was sitting and staring. He did not have his glasses on, and his hair was all messed up. She was upset, and telling the aliens to leave him alone. They took her out of the room into another area, and she was put on a table. An alien told her that she did not need to feel responsible for Dr. Jacobs being on the UFO, that he would not be harmed, and that she could forget it. The alien gave her a feeling that they were just doing a quick check-up on Dr. Jacobs, and that no harm would come to him. She was lying on a table, and aliens performed a gynecological procedure on her. During the procedure they stimulated sexual feelings in her to orgasm while putting sexual images of Dr. Jacobs in her mind.

After the hypnosis session was finished, Elizabeth told the young man that it had been hard to fight through, as they really did not want her remembering seeing Dr. Jacobs on board the UFO.

I think that it is pretty obvious that Elizabeth was simply typing a fictional story on IM to the young man. However, Dr. Jacobs later told the young man that he had been "found" by Elizabeth’s hybrids.

The young man initially believed Elizabeth because he thought that she was a friend. In addition, he had been introduced into the situation in the context of Dr. Jacobs' work with him as a research subject, being hypnotized by Dr. Jacobs. However, after a few weeks of conducting hypnosis with her on IM, be began to notice things that made him suspicious.

The young man then did what Dr. Jacobs should have done, and figured out a way to test Elizabeth. He asked the "hybrid" on the IM a trick question that she fell for, and he caught her out. At that point, the young man told Dr. Jacobs that he had caught Elizabeth out. Even though he was only twenty-one, and he is an abductee and he needed support, Dr. Jacobs and Elizabeth were both friends of his, and he had seen first hand what they had done to me when I had said that she was a hoaxer, he nevertheless had the courage and integrity to stand up and say that it was a hoax and that it was wrong.

Dr. Jacobs on the other hand, is about to give a speech at one of Budd Hopkins' Intruders Foundation seminars, talking about "hybrid beings interacting with humans here on earth", and no doubt presenting Elizabeth's hoax material to the audience. Budd Hopkins is backing him, and giving him the platform to do it.

Dr. Jacobs told me that he began to have conversations with Elizabeth's "hybrids" on instant messenger in late June 2006, and that he pretended to them that he was a debunker who thought that she had Multiple Personality Disorder. A few days after it started, during a hypnosis session that he conducted with me on June 25, 2006, he told me that the "hybrid" had been "extremely aggressive " to him.

This is an audio clip from my hypnosis session of Dr. Jacobs telling me this:

http://www.ufoalienabductee.com/hypnosis-session-29-hybrid-instant-messaging.wma

http://www.ufoalienabductee.com/hypnosis-session-29-hybrid-instant-messaging.mp3

Dr. Jacobs told me that to the “aliens” he was “the man who knows too much”. He said that he had told Elizabeth that he was writing a book on MPD, and that as long as the “hybrids” thought that, that he and Elizabeth might be able to might hold them at bay for a while.

This is an audio clip from the hypnosis session of Dr. Jacobs telling me this:

http://www.ufoalienabductee.com/hypnosis-session-29-hybrid-mpd-tactic.wma

http://www.ufoalienabductee.com/hypnosis-session-29-hybrid-mpd-tactic.mp3

At the end of that hypnosis session Dr. Jacobs put the hypnotic suggestions in my mind that I had MPD, to protect himself from the "hybrids". He did not tell me he was going to do it, and I did not know that he was going to do it until he did.

This is an audio clip from the hypnosis session of Dr. Jacobs putting the hypnotic suggestions in my mind:

http://www.ufoalienabductee.com/hypnosis-session-29-david-jacobs-suggestions-mpd.wma

http://www.ufoalienabductee.com/hypnosis-session-29-david-jacobs-suggestions-mpd.mp3

(In Dr. Jacobs' statement on his website, he makes the false claim that he used the MPD tactic on me after a series of "events" to do with me. All his statements about these "events" are either outright lies of distortions. One of the "events" that he claims led to him using the MPD tactic was my sleep emails. However, my first sleep email was on October 19, 2006, and Dr. Jacobs put the hypnotic suggestions in my mind that I had MPD months before then, on June 25, 2006. It obviously had absolutely nothing to do with my sleep emails, as they had not occurred yet. [He also does not disclose in his statement that I have a sleep disorder, and that I told him about my sleep behavior before I became his research subject. He fails to mention that I sent him video recordings in early 2004, before I became his research subject, of myself writing notes in my sleep. Instead, he leads people to believe that I wrote emails to him in a conscious awake state that I then did not recall, with the obvious implication that it was a symptom of mental illness.])

In August 2006, Dr. Jacobs went "on the run" from Elizabeth's "hybrids", before negotiating an agreement with them. The agreement was that he would engage in regular instant messaging conversations with them in return for him not using the "atomic option" of disclosing the addresses of "hybrid" apartments that Elizabeth had given him.

The following year, in 2007, While Dr. Jacobs was conducting hypnosis with the young man, he engaged in another "tactic" to protect himself from the "hybrids". In an email the young man told me:

"In a session I had with Jacobs, my last one in fact, he was very self-concerned and unsympathetic. In my session, I was being approached by several of the "higher-up" beings, and they were very upset and did various unpleasant actions against me …. Instead of expressing sorrow for their ill treatment of me, he said "I'm glad that they have bigger fish to fry now besides me. You're my new best friend." He then tried to instill a message in me, using hypnosis, so they would believe that he wasn't doing anything wrong and that I was "the bad guy." After this session was over, Jacobs stated to me that he would no longer regress me unless I "felt" that they had made references to him, in which case I was supposed to contact him so he could look into it. Obviously, this was very devastating to me as I looked to Jacobs as one of the only people who could understand my situation … ."

Later in 2007, the "hybrids" supposedly found Dr. Jacobs, and he is now being "controlled" by them.

I wonder how Dr. Jacobs will explain to the audience at the IF seminar how it is that "hybrids" who are so dangerous that he had to put hypnotic suggestions in my mind that I had MPD to protect himself, that he had to go "on the run" from, that he had to use hypnosis to instill a "message" into the young man's mind that he was the "bad guy" and not Dr. Jacobs, so that they would go after the young man and not him, and who have now "found" him and are giving him "check-ups" on board UFOs, are actually allowing him to give a public talk about "hybrids" interacting with humans here on earth. I wonder if he will explain how that fits with his theory that the "abduction" phenomenon is a "clandestine operation of infiltration into human society".

In my opinion, neither Budd Hopkins or Dr. Jacobs have any ability to conduct sound research or to assess the veracity of the material that they obtain. The abuse that I, as a former research subject of Dr. Jacobs, have been subjected to for publicly questioning him is scary. I wonder how many other research subjects will dare to come forward and raise legitimate concerns, seeing what Dr. Jacobs has done to me. The fact that Dr. Jacobs and Budd Hopkins have been widely regarded as the premier researchers into the "abduction" phenomenon is so sad for people who have real experiences, and would like to know more about it.

Now I'm starting to confuse David Jacobs with David Vincent...

I'm extremely uneasy at the use of hypnosis in a therapeutic or evidentiary setting by people who with the best will in the world are not trained mental health professionals.

Wherever truth may lie I don't think we'll find it in the depths of the human mind - not objective truth at least.

I think the abduction phenomenon (like crashed saucer reports) has become a fixation (and been artificially inflated) out of the sheer will to make some progress after decades of spinning our wheels and getting nowhere, as if information could be summoned out of nowhere by sheer force of will.

I'm leaning more and more towards the view that various phenomena which have always been part of the human experience have been confounded and conflated with physical events involving probable extraterrestrials and spacecraft (yep, although it's unfashionable I do buy the ETH as a reasonable explanation for a subset of sightings) which occurred over the space of perhaps a few decades, that the putative flesh-and-blood aliens involved were "just passing through" and are now gone.

And that's pretty much it from me.

It would be entertaining, at best, if Jacobs shared at the upcoming Intruders Foundation Seminar what Elizabeth claimed to have observed on board a ufo. That imagry of a naked, disheveled Jacobs aboard a ufo with the aliens causing Elizabeth to have the big-O while putting sexual imagry of him in her mind, is well......priceless. :eek:

A mentally sound person would have noticed the red-flags and sexual obsessions written in Elizabeth's public blog and her IM hoaxing. But instead Jacobs allowed her to be his webmistress and actively participated himself in the IMing from the 'hybrids' (who were Elizabeth). And there's the obvious wackiness of Jacobs, the historian, with his fixation of wanting people to believe they have MPD to fool the hybrids and get them off his track is very troubling! Actual MPD, from what limited knowledge I have (and have looked up more info on it) is very rare and now is even being challenged by some pyschiatrists!

Hopkins defending Jacobs is indicative they need each other. Pathetic! Until both are thoroughly exposed and rejected within the field of ufology, people who are having experiences will fall prey to them or "researchers" like them.

Neither Budd Hopkins or Dr. Jacobs have learned from the James Mortarello hoax. They have simply gone on to promote Elizabeth's hoax, which escalated to even more outlandish levels after I ended my association with Dr. Jacobs.

Blimey ... I skipped through this the first time I read it ... and I've just now gone through your post properly, Emma. Apologies for not reading it properly the first time.

Anyway ... blimey ... so Dr Jacobs is being "controlled" now by the alien hybrids ... blimey ... bloomin eck' and I'll go t' the foot of our stairs etc etc etc ... well now we definitely know that Dr Jacobs is an ethical abduction researcher don't we? Its just that he's being controlled by those pesky hybrids.

Blimey ... why do I suddenly have "Me and Mrs Jones" going through my head?? ... but with grey alien hybrids ... and medical equipment ... and Dr Jacobs naked body ...

Nooo let it stoppppp!!! :eek::D

It would be entertaining, at best, if Jacobs shared at the upcoming Intruders Foundation Seminar what Elizabeth claimed to have observed on board a ufo. That imagry of a naked, disheveled Jacobs aboard a ufo with the aliens causing Elizabeth to have the big-O while putting sexual imagry of him in her mind, is well......priceless. :eek:

A mentally sound person would have noticed the red-flags and sexual obsessions written in Elizabeth's public blog and her IM hoaxing. But instead Jacobs allowed her to be his webmistress and actively participated himself in the IMing from the 'hybrids' (who were Elizabeth). And there's the obvious wackiness of Jacobs, the historian, with his fixation of wanting people to believe they have MPD to fool the hybrids and get them off his track is very troubling! Actual MPD, from what limited knowledge I have (and have looked up more info on it) is very rare and now is even being challenged by some pyschiatrists!

Hopkins defending Jacobs is indicative they need each other. Pathetic! Until both are thoroughly exposed and rejected within the field of ufology, people who are having experiences will fall prey to them or "researchers" like them.

I am confused. How could anyone tell if Jacobs looked disheveled on a spaceship? Every single picture I've seen of him he already looks disheveled, with frizzy hair sticking out in all directions that reminds me of Einstein. How could he possibly look any more disheveled than he normally looks? So on that point alone, this story is unbelievable.

David Jacobs naked and disheveled on a ufo. Now THAT is a picture I will have to store in my brain in case I get sexually aroused at the wrong moment, like in church, and need something to bring me down FAST! :eek:

Can this story get any more sorted and totally absurd? Yet there are people here who believe every single word the man and his cohorts say. That's why it is properly understood to be a religion like scientology with its own cult leaders and dogma. I can hardly wait for Jacobs to be invited to the National Day of Prayer festivities to say a prayer to our Alien Overlords to be merciful and withdraw their hybrid hordes.

This is so much more sleazy than anything I've read about in politics in the last few years, including stories of certain representatives who have a "wide stance" in public restrooms, representatives who sleep with an assistant's wife, then get the wife's husband a new job and also get her son on the payroll (until the affair is over)....Republican party elite celebrating with common folk's contributions at an all-night S&M Club, etc. NOTHING can top David Jacobs. Nothing. He wins the prize. Of course, he can outdo himself! I await revelations that he has been seen by Elizabath on a spaceship wearing a dog collar and on all fours barking at the mental command of his alien controllers.

If Dr. Jacobs really believed that he was in communication with "hybrids" on instant messenger, he should have gone to the authorities about it, and made an announcement to the world. If it was true, it would be the most monumental event in human history. To withhold that information from humanity would be a crime.

Dr. Jacobs told me that he received a warning from a "hybrid" on IM saying that it was dangerous for him to work with me. That is a major life-changing statement to make to a research subject. Yet, when I told him that I was going to talk about it on my website, he threatened me, saying that if I quoted or paraphrased the "hybrid's" warning that he read to me, that he would reveal my identity.

This is an audio clip of Dr. Jacobs threatening to reveal my identity:

http:http://www.ufoalienabductee.com/david-jacobs-threat-reveal-my-identity.mp3

http:http://www.ufoalienabductee.com/david-jacobs-threat-reveal-my-identity.wma

Not only has Dr. Jacobs withheld from the public hours of IM transcripts that he says came from "hybrids", but he has withheld the addresses where "hybrids" were supposedly living, and photos of a "hybrid" apartment, that Elizabeth allegedly gave him. What researcher genuinely investigating this phenomenon would seriously withhold information like that from the public?

When Dr. Jacobs realized that I might talk about it in public, he made threats and tried to intimidate me into keeping quiet. After that failed, he resorted to defaming me, and publishing a character assassination of me on his website, to try to prevent people from listening to what I said.

In my opinion, Dr. Jacobs is a ruthless man in a fantasy world that he gets something out of.

The situation at present is a travesty of research. There desperately needs to be some form of accountability in "abduction" research, as human research subjects are involved.

If Dr. Jacobs really believed that he was in communication with "hybrids" on instant messenger, he should have gone to the authorities about it, and made an announcement to the world. If it was true, it would be the most monumental event in human history. To withhold that information from humanity would be a crime.
The situation at present is a travesty of research. There desperately needs to be some form of accountability in "abduction" research, as human research subjects are involved.

When I thought it couldn't get any madder it did ... and without me noticing it too. Nevertheless I couldn't agree any more. If I could I would build have to build another universe and agree some more in that one too :D.

Still apart from agreeing with everything you have said, I remain amazed, Emma, that you came out of your experiences with Dr Jacobs as well as you did. I for one remain grateful that you brought this to the world. Tis a pity though that this wasn't brought up in the community much earlier than it was. Still its a very good thing that it was in the end. Hopefully someone out there will be saved from having to approach Dr Jacobs and endure his insane fantasies.

How many people remember this well publicized case in the U.S. from 2006?

Duke Rape Suspects Speak Out - 60 Minutes - CBS News

There is also a Wikipedia entry that provides an overview of the case, but it wasn't linking correctly.

The point of these links is that we all should refrain from making final judgments as to guilt and innocence before the totality of the evidence can be heard in a deliberative forum (e.g., court of law, administrative court) where due process can be followed, credibility can be assessed and witnesses are subject to cross-examination by opposing counsel.

Most on this Forum are looking at this case in a balanced manner. A few are opting instead to throw around emotionally charged labels and accusations towards those who would rather wait for the process to play itself out.

The point of these links is that we all should refrain from making final judgments as to guilt and innocence before the totality of the evidence can be heard in a deliberative forum (e.g., court of law, administrative court) where due process can be followed, credibility can be assessed and witnesses are subject to cross-examination by opposing counsel. Most on this Forum are looking at this case in a balanced manner. A few are opting instead to throw around emotionally charged labels and accusations towards those who would rather wait for the process to play itself out.

It certainly looks more and more like a managed, organized vilification campaign of character assassination, calculated to manufacture false indignation and derision in the more ignorant and brain-dead and determined to suppress or distort any inconvenient facts which get in the way. Gene has pointed out a number of times that even his balanced and even-handed perspective is being deliberately and knowingly misrepresented, and he is being personally vilified without cause.

I would bet my house and my successful business that this issue will never get anywhere near a "deliberative body." Why? It's obvious why. There is no case. Period.

The conspiracy-minded could be forgiven for thinking this defamation operation is being carried out to discredit research into something big and real and important, so the sheep may be led by the pied piper of ridicule and ignorance into new, safer pastures. Not that I'm a conspiracist, mind.

It certainly looks more and more like a managed, organized vilification campaign of character assassination, calculated to manufacture false indignation and derision in the more ignorant and brain-dead and determined to suppress or distort any inconvenient facts which get in the way. Gene has pointed out a number of times that even his balanced and even-handed perspective is being deliberately and knowingly misrepresented, and he is being personally vilified without cause.

I would bet my house and my successful business that this issue will never get anywhere near a "deliberative body." Why? It's obvious why. There is no case. Period.

The conspiracy-minded could be forgiven for thinking this defamation operation is being carried out to discredit research into something big and real and important, so the sheep may be led by the pied piper of ridicule and ignorance into new, safer pastures. Not that I'm a conspiracist, mind.

I don't know if all of her allegations are true or not. It seems pretty clear that at the very least they are partially true. It also seems pretty obvious to me that she is intelligent. But what I find disconcerting about Emma Woods is her extreme dedication to this matter. She seems obsessed. The amount of effort she is putting into this doesn't seem normal to me.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

To elaborate on her obsessive behavior I was amazed when I learned that she reported him to the United States Department of Health and Human Services. Now, obviously she is intelligent enough to know that a body like that isn't going to be interested with anything associated with alien abductions. If she wasn't she wouldn't be able to write as well as she does. So the culprit must be some obsessive disorder. I can just imagine the chuckles that erupted in that department when they received that material. Note to anyone interested in understanding reality: To 99% of people this is an absurd topic. There is no such thing as good UFO researchers and bad ones. They are all equally loony. If the HHS was interested in punishing those involved with abduction research they would have done so long ago. They wouldn't need Emma's material to do so. To them the simple fact that these people are even taking the topic seriously would be convincing proof of their incompetence and wrongdoing. That they haven't done anything shows that they view the matter as a harmless circus. I know people who can barely read or write who feel intellectually superior to me because I am interested in this subject. Now imagine the degree to which that feeling can escalate when dealing with an educated person working at HHS. Considering all of that it amazes me that an intelligent person would actually send such a complaint there. What did she expect to happen? Did she think they would be alarmed by the accusations, that someone working there would say, "An alien abduction researcher conducting research in a less than professional manner? We've got to get on this right away!" Hell no. Instead they're going to say, "Well,...duhhhhhhhh! You got what you asked for."

I don't know if all of her allegations are true or not. It seems pretty clear that at the very least they are partially true. It also seems pretty obvious to me that she is intelligent. But what I find disconcerting about Emma Woods is her extreme dedication to this matter. She seems obsessed. The amount of effort she is putting into this doesn't seem normal to me.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

To elaborate on her obsessive behavior I was amazed when I learned that she reported him to the United States Department of Health and Human Services. Now, obviously she is intelligent enough to know that a body like that isn't going to be interested with anything associated with alien abductions. If she wasn't she wouldn't be able to write as well as she does. So the culprit must be some obsessive disorder. I can just imagine the chuckles that erupted in that department when they received that material. Note to anyone interested in understanding reality: To 99% of people this is an absurd topic. There is no such thing as good UFO researchers and bad ones. They are all equally loony. If the HHS was interested in punishing those involved with abduction research they would have done so long ago. They wouldn't need Emma's material to do so. To them the simple fact that these people are even taking the topic seriously would be convincing proof of their incompetence and wrongdoing. That they haven't done anything shows that they view the matter as a harmless circus. I know people who can barely read or write who feel intellectually superior to me because I am interested in this subject. Now imagine the degree to which that feeling can escalate when dealing with an educated person working at HHS. Considering all of that it amazes me that an intelligent person would actually send such a complaint there. What did she expect to happen? Did she think they would be alarmed by the accusations, that someone working there would say, "An alien abduction researcher conducting research in a less than professional manner? We've got to get on this right away!" Hell no. Instead they're going to say, "Well,...duhhhhhhhh! You got what you asked for."

The Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), of the United States Department of Health & Human Services, is the appropriate body to file a complaint with in regard to Temple University's failure, in my opinion, to investigate Dr. Jacobs' misconduct adequately. All research conducted by Temple University staff falls under the jurisdiction of the OHRP, regardless of what opinion any individual within the OHRP may hold on the subject matter. (I should add that I was treated with the utmost of respect and courtesy by the OHRP.)

Temple University presented a case to the OHRP that Dr. Jacobs' research does not constitute "research", but is simply "oral history", and that therefore it does not come under the OHRP jurisdiction. The OHRP accepted this argument, and therefore did not investigate it. If they had determined that his research did constitute "research", it would have come under their jurisdiction, and they would have investigated it.

I have spoken with the Director of the Division of Compliance Oversight of the OHRP and told her that I do not accept Temple University's characterization of Dr. Jacobs' research as "oral history". I will be presenting a case to the OHRP that his work does constitute research, which they have told me that they will review. If they determine that his research does, in fact, meet their criteria for research, they will investigate it.

If this occurs, it will be the best outcome possible. The OHRP will conduct a through investigation of Dr. Jacobs' research through Temple University, and it will set precedents for how "abduction" research should be conducted ethically. This is something that is long overdue.

Dr. Jacobs is fully aware of the fact the the OHRP is the appropriate body to file a complaint with in the circumstances. His attempt to portray it in his defamatory statement about me as somehow inappropriate and indicative of mental health problems is an attempt to play on people's ignorance of the facts.

I am pursuing this matter because Dr. Jacobs engaged in serious psychological abuse of me as a research subject, that included him putting hypnotic suggestions in my mind that I had Multiple Personality Disorder. No researcher has the right to do that to anyone.

I initially walked away from my work with Dr. Jacobs and did nothing. Once I decided to publish my own research on my website, I tried to come to a diplomatic solution with him. In return I was bullied, threatened, and defamed. At that point, I realized that I had to defend myself.

I was subsequently contacted through my website by the research subject who Dr. Jacobs took on after me, who had a similar experience to me, and who was also hurt. I realized that my keeping quiet had simply allowed Dr. Jacobs to go on and hurt another person.

I became Dr. Jacobs' research subject, and allowed him to hypnotize me, because he told me that I would be a research subject of Temple University, participating in scholarly research. I had a right to expect that my protections as a human research subject would be upheld. Instead I was subjected to serious psychological abuse, and when I questioned it, to bullying, threats and defamation.

I have support in my life that has given me the strength to stand up to Dr. Jacobs, and to take the steps necessary to try to have this matter investigated properly, as it should be.

I have made the decision to make this issue public as a matter of public interest. Dr. Jacobs is an extremely abusive researcher conducting research with vulnerable human research subjects, who has harmed people. I am doing it partly for myself, and partly for other research subjects who cannot speak out. I hope that it will help to prevent abuses like this from occurring to other people in the future.

I am confused. How could anyone tell if Jacobs looked disheveled on a spaceship? Every single picture I've seen of him he already looks disheveled, with frizzy hair sticking out in all directions that reminds me of Einstein. How could he possibly look any more disheveled than he normally looks? So on that point alone, this story is unbelievable.

David Jacobs naked and disheveled on a ufo. Now THAT is a picture I will have to store in my brain in case I get sexually aroused at the wrong moment, like in church, and need something to bring me down FAST! :eek:

Can this story get any more sorted and totally absurd? Yet there are people here who believe every single word the man and his cohorts say. That's why it is properly understood to be a religion like scientology with its own cult leaders and dogma. I can hardly wait for Jacobs to be invited to the National Day of Prayer festivities to say a prayer to our Alien Overlords to be merciful and withdraw their hybrid hordes.

This is so much more sleazy than anything I've read about in politics in the last few years, including stories of certain representatives who have a "wide stance" in public restrooms, representatives who sleep with an assistant's wife, then get the wife's husband a new job and also get her son on the payroll (until the affair is over)....Republican party elite celebrating with common folk's contributions at an all-night S&M Club, etc. NOTHING can top David Jacobs. Nothing. He wins the prize. Of course, he can outdo himself! I await revelations that he has been seen by Elizabath on a spaceship wearing a dog collar and on all fours barking at the mental command of his alien controllers.

:D I think it's safe to say that webmistress/abductee 'Elizabeth' has a certain particular taste when it comes to what is attractive in a man. I wonder what her husband and children think of all of this - remembering how she wrote so much on her blog about her ongoing tutoring (re. sex life) with the adult hybrids in their apartments. And why apartments? Geesh.....even the notorious Irish Travelers live in homes on the east coast.;)

Now if 'Elizabeth' comes clean and admits her hoax implicating Jacobs as suspectible to it or being part of it.....bingo! I'd think that Jacobs is only tolerating her , at this point, in order to ensure her loyalty. If she were a smart cookie she'd be thinking about her husband and children, not some misbegotton crush on Jacobs. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back