• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 4th show - Hopkins, Randle & Jacobs

Free versions of recent episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised you haven't begun to recognize this is all a distraction that doesn't serve the interests of UFO research.

It does however, serve the interest of particular human beings who feel they have experienced interactions with the other, and who may have felt that the guidance that Dr. Jacobs might provide, being a leading researcher in the study of such things, would somehow alleviate a particular form anxiety that come from leading a "secret life". For some, there will be no 'fool me once'. We have the persistence and tenacity of Ms. Emma Woods to thank for that.

That you would label this mere "distraction" demonstrates in my mind, a certain lack of compassion for the plight of the "experienced" and their interest, many of whom make up a portion of this board and your audience. I would suggest you take a more tolerant, or at the least, a more understanding position wrt to this issue.

You do not even know who Emma really is. The UFO abduction scenario is not all about her and abductions would be happening if David Jacobs never existed. None of this helps us figure out what's going on.

This discussion isn't helping except to serve the interests of someone who is claiming to be a victim.

Since we can't resolve that issue, time to move on. Big Yawn.

You do not even know who Emma really is. The UFO abduction scenario is not all about her and abductions would be happening if David Jacobs never existed. None of this helps us figure out what's going on.

This discussion isn't helping except to serve the interests of someone who is claiming to be a victim.

Since we can't resolve that issue, time to move on. Big Yawn.

According to even Dr Jacobs, Emma is a victim. He has admitted to putting ideas of MPD into her head without being a medical practitioner of any kind. He had no idea what he was doing and had no idea what the repercussions might be. That makes Emma a victim in my book of a very serious (illegal??) practice. Thats why I've been defending her. If Dr Jacobs has done this with one person, that is quite serious. What happens if he's done it to many more??? I find that possibity reprehensible. Sorry I think that defending people against that kind of practice and damage is something worth fighting for. I find nothing yawnful about it. If we don't stand up to people like this, then the field is going to hell in a handbasket, and the world will too.

As for the abduction scenario. Something may well be happening. I don't know. But people performing illegal hypnotherapy is not going to help us, and having damaged people out there talking about their conceivably false abductions instilled in their heads through illegal hypnotherapeutic means is muddying the waters to a extent we can't even know about.

Few disagree that laymen shouldn't be playing the role of therapist.

So who is defending that practice?

But it's time we find out what's happening to the people who report abductions.

Ideas?

Few disagree that laymen shouldn't be playing the role of therapist.

So who is defending that practice?

But it's time we find out what's happening to the people who report abductions.

Ideas?

Hm, an psychological condition that hasn't been described properly yet, or ...the 'or'.

In essence, although Emma has admittedly edited the tapes for public consumption, it implies that the originals are complete and could be presented without edits to whatever deliberative body requests them down the road. It's for this reason (I suspect) that Jacobs hasn't strongly disputed the content and instead has focused his defense on questioning (and strongly implying) that Emma suffers from some type of obsessive mental disorder.

I think that you are absolutely right about this.

I filed a complaint with the Office for Human Research Protections, and I am in the process of preparing a case to them that Dr. Jacobs' research meets their criteria for research, which they have told me that they will review. If it does, they will investigate his research through Temple University. If that occurs, I will have to provide the the full recordings for examination. I would never be so stupid as to publish manipulated recordings on my website that would then be seen as such by the very investigation that I am trying to bring about.

There are two separate groups of recordings involved. The bulk of the recordings are of my hypnosis sessions, which lasted for about 180-190 hours. Dr. Jacobs recorded all of these hypnosis sessions himself, and he gave me the recordings.

The other group of recordings are of a series of phone conversations that I had with Dr. Jacobs, which consist of several hours of recording. Dr. Jacobs recorded at least two of these conversations himself.

At the time that Dr. Jacobs was interviewed on the Paracast with Budd Hopkins, Gene asked him about the recordings of the HYPNOSIS sessions on my website. However, at that time, I did NOT have the recordings of any of my hypnosis sessions on my website, nor any clips of excerpts from them. The only recordings that I had on my website were the recordings of the phone conversations that I had with Dr. Jacobs.

As Gene had not listened to any of the recordings on my website at that time, he did not know that they were NOT of my hypnosis sessions, which is presumably why he made this mistake in his question to Dr. Jacobs. Dr. Jacobs was well aware of the fact that Gene was referring to the recordings on my website of our phone conversations, which people had been discussing. However, instead of telling Gene this, he capitalized on his ignorance of the facts, and he said that the recordings on my website must have been edited for time because the hypnosis sessions were five hours long. (I cannot remember his exact words, but it was something like that.) He was blatantly playing on Gene's lack of knowledge about the recordings. It is typical of the type of dishonesty that I have learned to expect from Dr. Jacobs.

I'll have to agree with you there Gene. Dr. Jacobs, with his statement, has already done that for us. At least In the eyes of most.

Dr. Jacobs' defamatory statement about me on his website is a series of outright lies and distortions calculated to discredit me personally so that what I have said publicly about his misconduct is not listened to.

I am in the process of publishing a rebuttal to his statement on my website at Emma Woods: Rebuttal to Dr. David Jacobs

After I published the first part of my rebuttal, Dr. Jacobs completely changed some sections in the first part of his statement, that I had refuted. They were not minor changes, but were substantial changes of fact. This is a further example of Dr. Jacobs' dishonesty, and of the lengths that he is prepared to go to in order to falsely discredit me to cover up his misconduct.

I have quoted Dr. Jacobs changes to his statement in my rebuttal, to make it easy for people who did not see the original version of his statement to read them.

With regards to the body of work of Hopkins, Jacobs, Mack et al, I do think it a mistake to dismiss the immense body of raw data they have been able to suss out of the work they've done with those claiming contact with commonly described "others". Bullard's work analyzing some 300 cases of these researchers back in the late 80's found particular commonalities amongst them that included age ranges, procedures described etc etc. Many of these cases did not require hypnosis in order to retrieve a narrative and many as well, were multiple witness experiences. It is quite likely that the main conclusions each has drawn from the collection of these narratives will prove valuable when taken together, rather than separately. Take for example, the described interest in human reproduction. This is simply a fact of the phenomena, due to the repetitive nature of the narratives. In turn, are naturally drawn to certain hypothesis. Transgenic manipulation? Hybrids? Infant presentations? Benevolence? Malevolence and on and on. Each will imprint a certain portion of their own world view on what they present to the rest of us, which I find only natural and potentially helpful. Will it be the "truth". No. Will it be their truth as they perceived it. Most likely. And that's OK as long as it's understood as their truth. Andre Gide once said, "Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." A caution we would all do well to consider in every aspect of our lives today.

This is why I feel the Jane Leade material I presented in the Contactee forum is so important as it provides a touchstone, guide or key to what is described today. Anomalous aerial phenomena? It's there. Transportation to odd environments and immobility - it's there. Descriptions of mental telepathy - it's there. Infant presentations - it's there. Materialization from "glances of light" - it''s there. Descriptions of seeing the Earth from space - it's there. Descriptions of both malevolence and benevolence in the actions demonstrated towards her of the beings she encountered - it's there. I could go on with another ten or so commonalities that would be difficult to discern from the narratives of today if written in modern prose. It's the fact that Jane Leade wrote of these experiences some 300+ years ago that proves , at the very least, that what is described as the core Abduction experience as we know it today has been with us for far longer than most realize. And just as we find today, Leade's interpretation and narrative was couched in Theological mysticism - again, one must understand it was her "truth". And that's OK.

It is the work of men like Jacobs, Hopkins and Mack - along with women like Karla Turner and Constance Clear, amongst others, that let us know that it continues today as it did so long ago.

What a fantastic mystery.

I'm not all that interested in the conclusions they draw as individuals but rather am keenly interested in the body of the raw data they have collected. Will it lead me to "truth" and understanding? Doubtful. Will it lead me to a realization as to the reality of the phenomena? Without doubt.

Warts and all, they have my gratitude.

It is the work of men like Jacobs, Hopkins and Mack - along with women like Karla Turner and Constance Clear, amongst others, that let us know that it continues today as it did so long ago. What a fantastic mystery. I'm not all that interested in the conclusions they draw as individuals but rather am keenly interested in the body of the raw data they have collected. Will it lead me to "truth" and understanding? Doubtful. Will it lead me to a realization as to the reality of the phenomena? Without doubt. Warts and all, they have my gratitude.

Jonah

Thanks for your most enlightening and intelligent post. Beware: you're in danger of taking this thread to a new level of informed discussion about this most intrigueing phenomenon, and away from the pointless repetitive ranting about hypnosis and one single anonymous individual's claimed victim status. Some people are not gonna like that.

I am not familiar with your Jane Leade material, but will now read it.

Thanks again.

I don't mind differing opinions. I don't mind a good healthy debate. What I do mind is Gene's attitude (yawn, he says??? has the king tired of his subjects?). That sealed it for me. How disrespectful for a host. And, how disrespectful to Emma who has patiently described her position and clarified responses on an even tone throughout. There used to be some good shows and banter at the Paracast... now it is like nails on chalkboard.

If I committed a battery against a neighbor, where my neighbor allegedly suffered serious bodily damages, the right place for my neighbor to seek relief would be in a court of law (civil court for compensation for those damages, including potential pain & suffering, as well as possibly criminal court if the local prosecutor saw fit to indict after the police properly investigated the facts). The last place my neighbor would probably look to resolve that dispute, even if he believed that I may assault others, would be on an internet chat forum. This is not a perfect analogy, but you get my point.

Frankly, nothing will be resolved here. Ms. Woods should retain competent legal counsel in PA and pursue her case. I doubt more than 25 people are actively reading this thread at this point. Quite simply, people are burnt out on it, for better or for worse.

I don't mind differing opinions. I don't mind a good healthy debate. What I do mind is Gene's attitude (yawn, he says??? has the king tired of his subjects?). That sealed it for me. How disrespectful for a host. And, how disrespectful to Emma who has patiently described her position and clarified responses on an even tone throughout. There used to be some good shows and banter at the Paracast... now it is like nails on chalkboard.

Every point has been stated, restated, and stated again. At some point, we need to move on, and I made that point over and over again. Is nobody worn out over this yet?

If Emma has a valid complaint, she can present that in a court of law, but everything she has said in public may be used by the opposing council against her. Notice that Jacobs has kept his comments to a minimum for the same reasons.

Yes, I realize Emma might not be able to afford an attorney, but perhaps she could find someone willing to do pro bono work and allow this matter to be judged on its merits.

Pro Bono Net - Volunteer lawyers and legal aid advocates increasing access to justice

If Emma has a valid complaint, she can present that in a court of law, but everything she has said in public may be used by the opposing council against her. Notice that Jacobs has kept his comments to a minimum for the same reasons.

Yes, I realize Emma might not be able to afford an attorney, but perhaps she could find someone willing to do pro bono work and allow this matter to be judged on its merits.

Ms. Woods very well may not need pro bono counsel -- the plantiff's bar will take on her case on contingency if she finds a lawyer who thinks her case has a reasonable chance of success and who believes the likely settlement is large enough that they will get paid.

Some Paracast Forum participants have assailed Dr. Jacobs' relative silence on the matter. He is playing his cards smartly, as you rightfully point out Gene.

With regards to the body of work of Hopkins, Jacobs, Mack et al, I do think it a mistake to dismiss the immense body of raw data they have been able to suss out of the work they've done with those claiming contact with commonly described "others". Bullard's work analyzing some 300 cases of these researchers back in the late 80's found particular commonalities amongst them that included age ranges, procedures described etc etc. Many of these cases did not require hypnosis in order to retrieve a narrative and many as well, were multiple witness experiences. It is quite likely that the main conclusions each has drawn from the collection of these narratives will prove valuable when taken together, rather than separately. Take for example, the described interest in human reproduction. This is simply a fact of the phenomena, due to the repetitive nature of the narratives. In turn, are naturally drawn to certain hypothesis. Transgenic manipulation? Hybrids? Infant presentations? Benevolence? Malevolence and on and on. Each will imprint a certain portion of their own world view on what they present to the rest of us, which I find only natural and potentially helpful. Will it be the "truth". No. Will it be their truth as they perceived it. Most likely. And that's OK as long as it's understood as their truth. Andre Gide once said, "Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." A caution we would all do well to consider in every aspect of our lives today.

This is why I feel the Jane Leade material I presented in the Contactee forum is so important as it provides a touchstone, guide or key to what is described today. Anomalous aerial phenomena? It's there. Transportation to odd environments and immobility - it's there. Descriptions of mental telepathy - it's there. Infant presentations - it's there. Materialization from "glances of light" - it''s there. Descriptions of seeing the Earth from space - it's there. Descriptions of both malevolence and benevolence in the actions demonstrated towards her of the beings she encountered - it's there. I could go on with another ten or so commonalities that would be difficult to discern from the narratives of today if written in modern prose. It's the fact that Jane Leade wrote of these experiences some 300+ years ago that proves , at the very least, that what is described as the core Abduction experience as we know it today has been with us for far longer than most realize. And just as we find today, Leade's interpretation and narrative was couched in Theological mysticism - again, one must understand it was her "truth". And that's OK.

It is the work of men like Jacobs, Hopkins and Mack - along with women like Karla Turner and Constance Clear, amongst others, that let us know that it continues today as it did so long ago.

What a fantastic mystery.

I'm not all that interested in the conclusions they draw as individuals but rather am keenly interested in the body of the raw data they have collected. Will it lead me to "truth" and understanding? Doubtful. Will it lead me to a realization as to the reality of the phenomena? Without doubt.

Warts and all, they have my gratitude.

I read about Jane Leade's journals a few years ago. What this might indicate is the phenomenon is old. It's probably always been with us. Not something new like the mistaken narrative of "flying saucers" showing up during WW2 - the atomic age, to come take a look at us.

Ann Druffel and the late D. Scott Rogo had written together and separately about the beings associated with ufos and their possible origins. What's striking is there are other beings reported, than the stereotypical 'grey'. They also suspected, like Jacques Vallee and the late John Keel ,as well as the late Mac Tonnies - that these beings might not be ET.

Also Raymond Fowler changed his mind as his investigations went on (and his own memories of personal experiences were fleshed out) on the possible origins of these beings as did J. Allen Hynek (who worked with Fowler and wrote intros on Fowler's books). Whitley Streiber seems to go all over the place regarding what are and where these beings originate from.

This subject can pull in a person - mind and body. John Keel warned of this years ago. Recently I read a blog entry about a woman who had a sighting of a triangle-shaped ufo, while she was driving in her car. She sensed 'it' knew she was watching it. Then there were electrical-type flashes in her car and after that odd, paranormal activities began to happen to her. Her story isn't unique. There are many CE experiencers who've noticed this interactive (sometimes malevolent) aspect with ufos.

There could very well be an order of beings that exists alongside us or in a parallel dimension, poking in and out at times. Or maybe it's accounts of ETs from long ago. I was amazed to read an excerpt from an Irish folklorist explaining the various orders of fairies and their activities. They even traveled in shiny round objects, taking people and children, created fairy circles (crop circles?) and so on. They were known to carry on their association within family lineages - just as today's abductions are reported to re-occur in family lines.

The late Karla Turner (who you mentioned) turned heavily to the idea of MILABS (miltary abductions) before her death. I don't think a covert military operation is behind abductions but I wouldn't discount covert ops performing follow-up abductions to study what has happened to the abductee.

Many abductees (particularly in America) report being buzzed by helicoptors after an abduction - even if they haven't told anyone about their experience. Abductees also report abductions where human military personal are seen and sense they're being drugged - a different sensation than the altered state of reality they tend to experience in most abductions.

I think hypnosis should be suspended (I've written this before) for the time being, amongst abductionologists. But, that will not address what has happened to Emma Woods. She was taken advantage, used and threatened by a disturbed David Jacobs because he thinks he's being threatened by "hybrids". And his character assasination of her continues and is supported by some people in online forums.

Once Jacobs believed he was being IMed, threatened and pursued by "hybrids; he should have turned over his research at that point to another abductionologist or university associate, because he had become an active experiencer in crisis. [ referencing also his subject/webmistress Elizabeth who reported seeing Jacobs sitting naked on table aboard a spaceship].

Indeed raw data (as you've mentioned) is so important to this subject. And, Emma has meticulously been collecting raw data which is invaluable to the subject and to her, no doubt.

I'd like to see much more data collected on race, ethnicity, gender, age, blood type, RH type, right/left handedness (indicates left/right brain dominance), hair/eye color, personality type, time and locale of experiences. Years ago Brad Steiger did a survey that yielded a relatively high number of American experiencers having native-American ethnicity and/or Irish ethnicity.

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

I doubt more than 25 people are actively reading this thread at this point. Quite simply, people are burnt out on it, for better or for worse.

Tom, Why do you continue to read and post on this thread then?

Dr. Jacobs has already disclosed my real name without my permission to at least one person that I know of...[/URL]

This really disturbs me. I had heard what I think was someone disclosing your country of residence as well before hearing this and I was completely appalled. Fool's gold....

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Every point has been stated, restated, and stated again. At some point, we need to move on, and I made that point over and over again. Is nobody worn out over this yet?

Pro Bono Net - Volunteer lawyers and legal aid advocates increasing access to justice

Ummmm.... didn't you start the conversation up again in your latest episode? Blame yourself that it continues... if you plan to be honest about it.

aNorthernSoul said:
This really disturbs me. I had heard what I think was someone disclosing your country of residence as well before hearing this and I was completely appalled. Fool's gold....

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Every point has been stated, restated, and stated again. At some point, we need to move on, and I made that point over and over again. Is nobody worn

Ummmm.... didn't you start the conversation up again in your latest episode? Blame yourself that it continues... if you plan to be honest about it.

Most listeners don't visit the boards. It's about letting them know what's going on too.

It continues because the same people are continuing it by not heeding my requests. But we are near the end if it unless there's some useful abduction related discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back