• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Any Evidence of Authentic Predictions?

CapnG said:
Precognition violates basic temporal mechanics. Let's say I'm "psychic":

- I make a prediction with a negative outcome (eg. "You will be struck by a bus on thursday.")
- The person in question makes changes to negate that outcome. (eg. He takes the subway)
- The event does not occur.

Precognition violates the basic logic and ability of acceptance of those who do not believe in it.

I told a woman that her nephew needed to be cautious on his way to work. That he would be struck from the right side by a car.

Neither the woman, nor her nephew believed or accepted that precognition was valid.

She said to me "S___ walks to work, he can't possibly have an accident"

I was watching the local news 3 weeks later; and there on the screen was a photograph of this prominent local attourney; who had been walking to work.

Crossing the bridge between twin towns, he neared the end of the bridge, a car lost control, went up onto the pedestrian sidewalk of the bridge, hit him in the right side and broke his right leg, right arm, a number of ribs, and his right side jaw.

When he was back at work, he would come to the shop where I worked as a manager, for a friend who needed some short term help. He would stand at the window and look at me.

This 100% skeptic was very upset, because I had shattered his logic, a logic he had been comfortable with all of his life.

I do not accept money or favors or gifts for what I do. It cost me nothing, and I have been this way since I was 3 years of age. I only give information to those I am guided to. Life is important, and at times it needs protecting.

I'm inclined to think that predicting the future is not possible because the future hasn't happened yet. This, of course, presumes a linear flow of "time" (without the existence of future "dimensions").

But then I'm reminded of an experience I had when I was a child. I was watching TV in the livingroom. My grandfather and pet dog were both out back, in the yard of our row house. I had no sight of them from where I was positioned (nor could I hear them).

Suddenly, in my mind, I got this murky image of my grandfather at the gate and my pet slipping out between his legs. The dog ran off to the right, down the alley.

A few moments later -- that's exactly what happened!

This was a very personal experience. It had no impact on world events. I cannot prove it. Indeed, it may have been purely coincidental. Furthermore, it had no value whatever to anyone but myself. And frankly, it had little value even to me because I didn't know what to do with it.

Wow, a revived thread! I get a kick out of folks who claim there is no such thing as a psychic and that you cannot predict the future because it is logically impossible. This has been scientifically proven. Period. End of Story.

Obviously, it has never happened to them.

I have a very trivial example that is either one of the most amazing coincidences ever, or it is an example of predicting the future. In the last 30 years I have received one speeding ticket. I deserved it: 40 in a 25. I say this simply to establish that I have very little recent history of being a bad driver. (Don't ask about my teenage years!)

Several years ago I had a very vivid dream. It was vivid enough that I still remember parts of it. It involved a police car, flashing blue lights, and driving to work, and 'near' work. At the time I commuted 25 miles each way to my job.

The next day I was driving to work. I was within a couple of miles when I uncharacteristically changed my pattern to avoid a few stoplights and turned left. A block up there was a car waiting to turn left into a parking lot. It was a one lane road. I zoomed around him to his right. Much to my surprise a police car got behind me, turned on its blue lights, and I pulled over. Seems that was illegal. I didn't know. The officer and I had a discussion about it. He said most peole don't. He did the usual checks of license and insurance, and then he let me go. As he was leaving I said, "Hey, I dreamed about this last night! I dreamed I was stopped." He put up his hands as if to ward off my words, laughed, and said, "I don't want to hear about it--too freaky!"

Explain that away if you like. You can ignore it. You can say it's 'anecdotal' and therefore not evidence. You can always say that means nothing. It was a coincidence, or even that I've made the story up. There's nothing I can do to convince you that this was a pre-cognitive dream any more than I can convince you that after a lifetime of study I'm pretty sure there is some sort of 'life-after-death' and I've got some interesting evidence. If you are more cosy in your rationalist comfort zone because anything else is 'too freaky' then you shall live the rest of your life in your zone. That's okay with me. You certainly will not be contributing anything insightful to further our understanding, but I don't need you to affirm what I know happened to me.

hey guys wat about this prediction by billy meier

5,100 Year-Old Iceman Proves Meier UFO

i think it came true...and i have many more of his.

If you've come to these forums to try and convince anyone here about the Meier nonsense, you're wasting your time, we've been there, done that, and I seriously doubt anyone will pay attention to you or your posts. Have fun.

Oh, one other thing - a spell checker could very well be your best friend in the whole wide Internet world.

dB

If you've come to these forums to try and convince anyone here about the Meier nonsense, you're wasting your time, we've been there, done that, and I seriously doubt anyone will pay attention to you or your posts. Have fun.

Oh, one other thing - a spell checker could very well be your best friend in the whole wide Internet world.

dB

if there is anything in my life that i wud never do is to convince a person who knows everything,who has studied the case entirely,who has investigated the evidence and duplicated it...
forget who is the author of the above prediction,isnt it strange to have published in copyrighted books about the circumstances of an 5001 year old cave man's death...i call that interesting...forget about billy...

if there is anything in my life that i wud never do is to convince a person who knows everything,who has studied the case entirely,who has investigated the evidence and duplicated it...
forget who is the author of the above prediction,isnt it strange to have published in copyrighted books about the circumstances of an 5001 year old cave man's death...i call that interesting...forget about billy...

You're a fool to come on these forums and type those words, because I just lost my patience with you. Horn sock puppets are NOT welcome here. It was not-so-nice knowing you, mahigitam, best of luck wherever you end up.

Sayonara!

dB

Wow, a revived thread! I get a kick out of folks who claim there is no such thing as a psychic and that you cannot predict the future because it is logically impossible. This has been scientifically proven. Period. End of Story.

Obviously, it has never happened to them.

I have a very trivial example that is either one of the most amazing coincidences ever, or it is an example of predicting the future. In the last 30 years I have received one speeding ticket. I deserved it: 40 in a 25. I say this simply to establish that I have very little recent history of being a bad driver. (Don't ask about my teenage years!)

Several years ago I had a very vivid dream. It was vivid enough that I still remember parts of it. It involved a police car, flashing blue lights, and driving to work, and 'near' work. At the time I commuted 25 miles each way to my job.

The next day I was driving to work. I was within a couple of miles when I uncharacteristically changed my pattern to avoid a few stoplights and turned left. A block up there was a car waiting to turn left into a parking lot. It was a one lane road. I zoomed around him to his right. Much to my surprise a police car got behind me, turned on its blue lights, and I pulled over. Seems that was illegal. I didn't know. The officer and I had a discussion about it. He said most peole don't. He did the usual checks of license and insurance, and then he let me go. As he was leaving I said, "Hey, I dreamed about this last night! I dreamed I was stopped." He put up his hands as if to ward off my words, laughed, and said, "I don't want to hear about it--too freaky!"

Explain that away if you like. You can ignore it. You can say it's 'anecdotal' and therefore not evidence. You can always say that means nothing. It was a coincidence, or even that I've made the story up. There's nothing I can do to convince you that this was a pre-cognitive dream any more than I can convince you that after a lifetime of study I'm pretty sure there is some sort of 'life-after-death' and I've got some interesting evidence. If you are more cosy in your rationalist comfort zone because anything else is 'too freaky' then you shall live the rest of your life in your zone. That's okay with me. You certainly will not be contributing anything insightful to further our understanding, but I don't need you to affirm what I know happened to me.

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

One out of a thousand professed psychics might be legit, however the likelihood that even they get it right 100 percent of the time is impossible.

I learned an interesting lesson over the last 3 weeks.

I had a large kidney stone that literally made me wish I was dead. I languished in agony with it for about 9 days. I have never been ill like that in my life.

The point is, the thing was only 3mm in size. I am a large person. It affected me in ways that I cannot even begin to describe, but it's what came after that was important.

I lost 40 lbs in water weight after the kidneys started working at full capacity. I am healthier now than I have been. My attitude is better, and will hopefully stay this way, because I am happy to be healthy again.

The kidney stone is a metaphor for the future. A person, or an event, can change everything. Which is why the future is nearly impossible to predict. A person making one decision can affect change without even knowing it.

Psychics who say that they can predict the future, usually stick to the generalities, like disasters, or war. That way they can be right nearly all the time, as there's always a war, and always a disaster somewhere.

To predict when an event will happen to an individual, or a nation, is nearly impossible.

I can predict things all I like, but rare is it that anything comes true. That is unless I'm directly responsible. Like the demise of pies, cakes, and cookies as an example. I can predict those sorts of events with 100 percent accuracy.

I think that there are people who have gifts, but I would hope that those who do remain anonymous so that they don't ever become exploited, or exploit others for monetary gain.

Sorry to hear you've been suffering Tommy but it's good to hear you are feeling better and it's great to see you back here.

Never saw it coming :)

Mark

Can't say I've ever had a lucid dream that predicted an event, but I buy the premise.

What I do get is my own voice telling me to take an extra set of keys, take an umbrella, take a coat, those weird little messages I was fond of ignoring because they come out of nowhere, seemingly. They're always right, however, and I usually kick myself for ignoring them as nonsensical data I make up to keep myself amused or confused. I don't ignore most of it anymore, but still do often enough to feel stupid.

What I find alarming now is that my voice, the one that suggests stuff, gets quieter and also seems to mix with more and more trivial thought. I'm losing a barometer I've come to trust, no matter its source.

The recipe for a tasty psychic prediction. Make a prediction that is vague and open to interpretation, sit back, wait, and when anything rolls by that it remotely close, pat yourself on the back.

Next, simply charge for the above services.

I'm giving some thought to being a fraud, Er Psychic.

Just kidding. I think that if people want to know their future, they should wait 5 minutes. We're all like 5 minutes away from something. Unless we're sleeping.

I know this post comes more than five years after the fact but I thought I would offer up this experience. When I was six years old I had a dream. In this dream It seemed I was compelled to take note of the details of what I was dreaming about. In the dream my mother sent my sister and I to go out and play. It was a snowy winter day and we decided to look for something in the garage. I stood at the entrance of the garage taking in all the details: The wood, the smell, the feeling of the cold, my sister being angry with me. As my sister spoke angrily to me saying things I wasn't listening to, under the influence of the compulsion I turned and took note of the snow flakes that were falling, taking in their appearance and how they fell. After that the dream ended.

The next day I woke up my mother sent my sister and I to go out and play. It was a snowy winter day and we decided to look for something in the garage. I stood at the entrance of the garage taking in all the details: The wood, the smell, the feeling of the cold, my sister being angry with me. As my sister spoke angrily to me saying things I wasn't listening to, as though under the influence of the compulsion from my dream I turned and took note of the snow flakes that were falling, taking in their appearance and how they fell. I couldn't help but notice how what happened in waking life matched perfectly (as far as I could tell) what happened in my dream. Did I see the future in my dream? Was it coincidence? I was six years old and had no idea I had to scan my brain activity, conduct double blind studies or try to repeat the event ad nauseam and then subject my findings to peer review. I just assumed I saw the future.

Of course I didn't make a prediction (as in seek to see the future) I just had a unbidden dream that showed me a mundane event in my life that would occur. I don't know if that helps you in any way shape or form. I remember from a few newsletters back that you said you never had a paranormal experience (or was it a UFO sighting?) and I thought I would lower the bar for you and let you know that not all these experiences are world changing events. Sometimes you can have a "normal" paranormal event...if that makes any sense.

In case I need to say it I don't claim to be a seer or to be able to give you winning lottery numbers. I'm just sharing an event that happened to me and that has never reoccurred.

I hope you get your experience Mr. Steinberg (or Gene which ever you prefer).

ok, I never thought of this before until reading this post but I've had similiar dreams. Just mundane happenings that I had dreams about that eventually happened to me at a later time in the waking world. Now that I'm thinking about it is that what Deju Vu is, dreams that come true???? interesting.....

Back