• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ancient knowledge, lost or censored ?

i have no intentions of starting a religious debate on this thread. my intentions were simply to show how absurd Kim is being.

Pixel, in all honesty, I see your point. How can one demand empirical evidence for one thing, and disregard it for another? I just don't want this interesting topic (that spanned three threads) do devolve into another religious argument.
I've always been interested in ancient cultures and how they were able to do what they did. I've studied this a lot through my Art History degree, and I've come to the conclusion that humans have always been capable of amazing feats. I don't think aliens were responsible because that's just as unlikely as saying some sort of god helped them.
I agree humans have probably built every amazing structure on the planet but i have also learned that all things are rarely as they seem so I keep open to possibilities of ET influence in the evolution of humans and our technologies.

Well, Pixel, keep it coming. As I said, I will address religion only as it may tangentially touch other topics on this forum.

I do think that theologians/philosophers/scientists of very, very high caliber have addressed the actual spiritual aspects of religion, yes, the existence of God, for centuries, and right up to the present. I have recommended numerous books by first rate scientists who have explored the confluence of science and religion.

The existence of God, some say, is not provable by empirical evidence, and I see this as having some truth. That is why I have avoided the actual spiritual aspect of religion on this forum, and when I did state my beliefs at some prompting from several members, directly stated that these beliefs had no empirical evidence to back them up, by the very nature of it. However, as I said above, this does not stop first rate thinkers and scientists from, yes, actually addressing the existence of God. And I have mostly by far limited myself to the history of Christianity and Judaism, its history here on earth, where there is empirical and convincing evidence of the points I have made.

I've heard it all from members here, and it's literally like water off a duck's back now. The fact that Pixel and others keep throwing it at me shows more their inability to provide evidence for what I think and most scientists and historians think is fringe, is crackpot. I'll say it again: fringe, crackpot, pseudoscience, pseudoarchaeology, pseudohistory, and more. There is no evidence to support most by far of this fringe stuff.

And I will continue to ask for specifics, and continue to provide contrary evidence when members indulge in wild stuff that has no basis. I will do it politely, but religious taunts will not dissuade me at all,

because, religion, by its very nature, is indeed separable, as I said above,

from fringeology, pseudo this and that and the other thing, it's a cottage industry on the net and among some, yes, crackpot authors and publishing houses, and TV shows ad nauseam, and it should be addressed firmly and forcefully on this forum.

History is my love, my specialty, and I keep studying it and learning more and more. It's a passion, and I am very rational and scholarly about it.

So, keep the taunts coming. I will not let this thread or any other turn into a religious thread per se by anything I will say. Pixel and others in this thread have taunted with stuff that is cruel and heartless, but saying it is does not mean it has an effect on me anymore.

The taunts are a refuge for those who don't like to be asked for specifics on some of the wild and weird things they put out there in the form of supposed profundity. I see the clear difference between empirical evidence being demanded for here on the earth phenomena and here on the earth "theories" and "hypotheses" and overarching generalizations about science and history, and religion. Two different things. And I will continue to ask for evidence and point out where I think contrary evidence clearly points to the truth about history.

And, you know, I sort of hate to say this, but it isn't hard on this forum. There is so much fake profundity and sweeping generalizations made here about all sorts of things that can, clearly, be addressed with empirical evidence and exposed for their falsity. It really hasn't been hard.

I've watched the evolution of some of these threads that begin with a sweeping generalization couched in profundity. I will ask for specifics, real specifics. It doesn't take long for the religious invective to be thrown my way, or now, the teacher accusations. So, I'm sorry if being asked to supply evidence is frustrating for some, but if you say something that is so out there concerning history, then you should be prepared to supply specifics. And taunts about what I believe about Christianity have no effect. Perhaps more than the two who have said they have put me on ignore, quite triumphantly (!), should hit the ignore button for me. It will not stop me from, when I legitimately see wild stuff thrown out, from addressing it politely. It will not be to incite, but I will present my evidence. If those who "ignore" me, and how childish, choose to do that, then they will simply not see the evidence that I present to, yes, refute the wild statements they make about history. That's their decision. That's not some dare or threat, it's just that I, as a teacher of history and many other subjects, cannot in good conscience let some of this stuff go unanswered. Kim:)

Why do all these debates turn personal lately? :eek: I have my own "ignore" button. It's the same as the one Pixel uses. I simply don't read the link or post if I don't want to. :p Nobody here has the power to alter truth. Silly name calling and baiting is just that, silly. I don't think anybody who actually has any kind of faith is gonna drop it because an anonymous poster on an internet forum finds some silly propaganda to throw around. I don't think people who has seen a ufo are gonna stop believing and searching for the truth of it. Certainly not simply because a "skeptic" says it's not possible or it's bunk. I don't think we really ever get our point across when we are cursing or alienating the other person. I don't mention religious belief here very deeply. That's because what I think and what I believe can't be reduced to a sound bite or a paragraph. I can't say I've never mentioned it but I don't get bogged down with it. Here's a fun fact: If you are going to ignore somebody then just do it. Seems like announcing it kind of takes away from it (but I could be wrong.) ;) If you are going to ignore and not respond to the "taunts" of others then simply "don't respond." I have found that there truly is a time to speak and a time to hush. But, this is an internet forum and Gene has made a wide variety of folks feel welcome here. We have people like me who are on the fence but still believe in a purpose and a mystery to the universe. We have people like Lance who think (as far as I can tell) that it's all bunk. We have people like Pair of Cats who has experience with things that some others just can't get their minds around. We have people like Pixel. I have to tell you that from what little he has revealed about his history with religion, that I can't blame him for being angry at it. I don't share that anger nor do I share that degree of unbelief but I can (in my own way) understand it. But, anyway why get all pissy with each other. At the end of the day has anybody here actually had their world view changed after a debate on the internet? If you have then (imo) you didn't have a very well thought out world view in the first place. :cool:

I'll say it again: fringe, crackpot, pseudoscience, pseudoarchaeology, pseudohistory, and more. There is no evidence to support most by far of this fringe stuff.

You mean like a couple hundred years ago when they believed the earth was flat and at the center of the universe? How about the once accepted "specific" facts about Spontaneous Generation, Martian Canals, Phrenology, The Phlogiston Theory, etc etc etc.. Back then, intelligent thinkers such as your self believed strongly these things were facts. Do you think that highly of yourself that you could not possibly be wrong? Personally, I am wrong quite often, that is how I learn. You however can not learn anything from anyone because you already know everything.

I have decided to make this my last post on these threads, I've written several novel's worth of stuff and I am not convincing anyone of anything but that's fine.

I want to leave one thought for Kim and that is I strongly disagree with your assertion that I/we are in some way not giving due credit to the builders of the pyramids and other ancient wonders.

From my perspective nothing can be further from the truth. In fact, the more 'gaps' that I see in the knowledge implies that those very gaps were filled by the knowledge of those very builders. So I am attributing MORE expertise to them!
Nothing I have said diminishes the achievements of these ancient builders, I think it only highlights exactly how amazing those achievements are!

Eleven pages of posts in not many days - I'm quite burnt out over this particular subject. NEXT!

I agree.

I find it humorous that Kim can go on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on.

And on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on on and on and on.

And say absolutely nothing. :)

Gentlemen once more I ask that this be civil. Name calling and taunts do nothing to the debate. Should this turn religious I will ask angel to close this up.also I ask angel and the mods to rein in the namecalling and useless taunting post.
This is a fastnating topic but its ruined by the pointless rantings on bolth sides.so please tone it down or please moderators act....

It cant help but have a religious element to it, because i contend the source of the ignorance heavily smeared with conceit we keep seeing over and over again from kim, is a direct result of his religious delusions.
He doesnt have to come out and say you are all wrong and i'm right because my god has blessed me with superior knowledge.
But its implied
It doesnt need to be overt, but its as obvious as the nose on your face.

I find it incomprehensible that someone who thinks a magic sky man sent his son to turn water into wine, can then proceed to browbeat anyone with an opinion on the paranormal and UFO's and think anyone could take such hypocrisy seriously.

Opinions born of delusional mindsets are worthless

Kim i am sorry you are so frustrated that no one here takes you seriously. Being that you were a grade school teacher for so many years I am surprised that your lectures here are so boring and pedantic. Maybe if you tried to learn something new or entertain other theories from different sources you can become a little more interesting to engage with. Old dogs can learn new things.

Kim i am sorry you are so frustrated that no one here takes you seriously. Being that you were a grade school teacher for so many years I am surprised that your lectures here are so boring and pedantic. Maybe if you tried to learn something new or entertain other theories from different sources you can become a little more interesting to engage with. Old dogs can learn new things.

You gotta feel sorry for his students too, we at least can ignore him
Imagine being locked in a classroom with this BS for hours at a time.

You'd be begging for homeschooling within the week :D

Kim is there a subject you are able to debate and/or want to learn more about on an adult level? Or is it that you are only able to (very simply) forward pre-selected educational materials to children and tell them they are "specific facts" they need to know?

Pick a topic you are comfortable discussing/debating, and yes... religion has been done here but not from your well researched life long viewpoint. Maybe you can teach some of us Heathens a thing or two. :)

A delectable, scrumptious, and mouthwatering smorgasbord awaits us in the paranormal ristorante.

You can order from the menu of fine dishes, or you can wend your tray down the buffet line.

Some of the fine dishes our chef specializes in await your eager palate.

He cooks them all himself, a chef extraordinaire, the finest chef du cuisine around. Give him your orders, and he will use the finest ingredients to whip you up the most incomparable dishes on the globe.

The menu includes:

Casserole of Vanished Civilizations with Dollop of Suppressed Knowledge
Pyramid of Giza Pasta with Circular Saw Mushrooms
Egyptian Potatoes Au Gratin with Blended Sacred Lines of High Frequency Truffles
Roasted Roman Crane Well Dunn
Basted Blend of Baalbek Trilithon Turtle
The Catholics Did It Chicken with Creamed New World Corn
Ramped Up Apertifs with Sweet Stela Juices
They Couldn't Do It Sauce over Fringe of Beef
Too Hard to Cut Pork
Pumapunku Pate
Unknown Pi
Never Ending Circular Reasoning Ribs with Non Sequitur Sauce

Our chef compiled this menu with a stopwatched official time of one minute six seconds, and he can cook them up equally as fast. He is working on more items for our paranormal ristorante.

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.:)

Snaps fingers.......
"Garçon , Garçon" (pronounced Gar-Kon)

"I'll start with the soup, bring me the idiot du jour, with the crunchy cretins"

"Oh and a carafe of water, i havent decided if i will turn it into a red or white wine"

For my second course.... hmm. i will try the Christ Tar-Tar and the Black Pudding...who am i kidding... I am so full of the Pompous Assous I couldn't eat another bite to save my soul.

Back