• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

All I want for Xmas are some STH reviews!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Is there ANYONE out there that has read Stalking the Herd that wouldn't be too adverse, or lazy, to post a review for the book at Amazon? Thanks in advance folks... It can be just a quick one-liner. Obviously, I'd prefer great reviews, but if you didn't like it, I'd like to know why. Hate to beg, but I haven't received a review in months... Love to break 100 before the next decade. I guess dead,mutilated cows aren't very hip right now — even w/ 40 cases being reported in Rio Nerga, SA this past week... Merry Holidaze w/ a ho-hoo-hoooo and a shot of eggnog.

STHcoverthumb.jpg

I'm sure I can manage a snappy short review - I have never actually posted a public review of any book I've bought. Ever. But since you asked.......

Hmm it hasn't shown up... perhaps later?

I've no idea how often such things are updated because, as I stated, I'd never done it before. But I know it accepted it because I was given a message like, 'Thank you for your review....blah blah blah.'

I'll check back tomorrow. It's late here and I'm going to bed! I'll really dig it if my Amazon review is actually number 100! I didn't pay attention to how many reviews already existed but I've done my bit. So, c'mon guys n gals - help Chris get his work noticed and ranked by clicking his link above to the Amazon page with STH. No reason why we cannot get it bumped up a few places and we know authors in the field don't usually make much money so it would be nice to help create more exposure of Chris' work and hopefully get him a few more shekels.......:)

I've done amazon reviews before, and there is some sort of review process so the reviews don't go live immediately. It can take a couple of hours to a couple of days. I have no idea what that entails, so don't ask me.

@Red - yeah you will be right on that one. I looked today and my briefest of brief reviews for Chris is up there now. His book deserves a more honest and explained review but f**k me, I wrote it at about 0100 and literally as I got into bed.

As promised, I have read the book and authored a short review. It's yet to go "live," but I gave it 5 stars. Not sure I will ever eat a steak again without a second thought, tho. :cool:
Mutes aren't really my thing, but I found your book compelling enough that I'm now looking forward to your follow up, too.

edited to note: It looks like my review is "live" now. :)

Last edited:
Back