• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Aliens on the Moon? (oh my!)

Vesve, photo number 01 I have no idea of, never saw it before nor do I know where it came from. Photo 02 has been around for years and if my memory is correct I believe it came from Hoagland way back in the day. Interesting but that is all I can say. Is it real? I have no idea. But to clarify just a bit, many of these photographs like the number 02 photo has a really big background story that goes with it. Much more than I am willing to sit here and type at you. So, until we go back to the moon and do not have to deal with security restrictions ... the real information stays locked up.

Decker

Last edited:
Oh yes, one more thing I want to bring to the table while we are having this discussion. BTW, I have yet to see anyone mention the fact of Aldrin's refusal to even look at any of the Apollo 11 photographs that his mission took at the moon. Doesn't anybody find that even a little bit curious? I don't know about any of you but this sure as hell told me tons and tons about ol' Buzz. And many of you dismiss this entire show? Whew!

Decker

Oh yes, one more thing I want to bring to the table while we are having this discussion. BTW, I have yet to see anyone mention the fact of Aldrin's refusal to even look at any of the Apollo 11 photographs that his mission took at the moon. Doesn't anybody find that even a little bit curious? I don't know about any of you but this sure as hell told me tons and tons about ol' Buzz. And many of you dismiss this entire show? Whew!

Decker

What does it tell you about ol' Buzz?

It tells me that he came on the show to address some topics and this one likely got sprung on him. That's one possibility. I would not assume anything about his refusal because we cannot know the context for that refusal. If he got ambushed and wound up just sitting there with a patient smile, we know what the editor did with that footage because we were shown it at convenient moments - and so we should know what he would have done with footage of ol' Buzz walking off the set, or getting irate at the interview's rudder getting adjusted.

Yet maybe the answer is what he said it was - or all that it could be given his oath long ago. Anyone who has worked for the government knows the secrets document one is obliged to sign. Back then it was pretty comprehensive because of the Cold War. Still was in the 1990's - don't have any personal experience of how it goes now. He could be abiding by old requirements he has not been absolved of - I dunno - but the possibilities seem to be many why ol' Buzz won't dance when the fiddle plays.

What does it tell you about ol' Buzz?

It tells me that he came on the show to address some topics and this one likely got sprung on him. That's one possibility.
Yet maybe the answer is what he said it was - or all that it could be given his oath long ago. Anyone who has worked for the government knows the secrets document one is obliged to sign. Back then it was pretty comprehensive because of the Cold War. Still was in the 1990's - don't have any personal experience of how it goes now. He could be abiding by old requirements he has not been absolved of - I dunno - but the possibilities seem to be many why ol' Buzz won't dance when the fiddle plays.

Did you forget that I was involved in this production? It told me that when it comes to discussing anomalies found on the lunar surface Aldrin was, to use a metaphor, "bought and paid for." Regardless of the "why", he refused to even look at the photographs. He was paid to appear on this show, so that that respect he was bought and paid for and then refused to even look at the photos. Hell, he could have looked and said something like "well, I never saw anything like that" or hey, I didn't take any such photograph so I can't comment on the picture ... but NO! He refused to even look at photos from his mission. And no, he was not ambushed. How do I know? He was interviewed just before I was.

Decker

Did you forget that I was involved in this production? It told me that when it comes to discussing anomalies found on the lunar surface Aldrin was, to use a metaphor, "bought and paid for." Regardless of the "why", he refused to even look at the photographs. He was paid to appear on this show, so that that respect he was bought and paid for and then refused to even look at the photos. Hell, he could have looked and said something like "well, I never saw anything like that" or hey, I didn't take any such photograph so I can't comment on the picture ... but NO! He refused to even look at photos from his mission. And no, he was not ambushed. How do I know? He was interviewed just before I was.

Decker

So you are saying that he came into the interview knowing that he would be shown photographs? That his opinion would be solicited on camera without him knowing what photos they were before going in? It would seem 'good practice' to make it clear to one's interviewee the scope one intends to embrace - especially if there is an expectation of some on-camera assessment to be made. Did he come in knowing that? had he agreed to it? If he had then his pulling out would be odd, yes, I agree. Then the question - why?

I may be 'bought and paid for' to give an interview - that doesn't mean no holds barred. It sounds like you think because he was 'bought and paid for' he was obliged to dance to any tune put to him. I would disagree. I guess we can say that what others thought they 'bought and paid for' ol' Buzz wasn't - in his opinion - selling.

I may be 'bought and paid for' to give an interview - that doesn't mean no holds barred. It sounds like you think because he was 'bought and paid for' he was obliged to dance to any tune put to him. I would disagree. I guess we can say that what others thought they 'bought and paid for' ol' Buzz wasn't - in his opinion - selling.

Well, that is what is great about America ... at this point we are all still entitled to our opinions.

Decker

Well, that is what is great about America ... at this point we are all still entitled to our opinions.

Decker

Well, yeah - but that's a fairly quick sidling away. I am still curious: what did you expect him to say? His answer was that he took the pictures but it was for the analysts to determine what was in the photos. He was deferring to the analysts' opinions - and he clearly did not want to get drawn into an argument about the photos because, as he said, it wasn't his expertise. He was pretty clear.

We don't know if he has ever seen the photos - we do know he was declining to look at the photos and assess them on camera. Correct? Did he know that he was going to be presented with that in the interview?

Same here. :( . . . Also, the ULO guy - I've looked on Amazon - no such book. I've googled and came up with this - LINK: UFO - Ufology - ULOs - Unidentified Lunar Objects by Allan Sturm But no book has been published. This looks fishy - like a money-maker rather than anything real.

How can it be a money-maker if it's not real? Go to this link for access to the book:

ULOs Unidentified Lunar Objects Revealed in NASA Photography (Sturm, 2009)

There was nothing here that was documentary-like, a la 'CBS Reports' with Walter Cronkite :cool: or 'Frontline'.

Walter Cronkite? the guy who always assured us that he was telling us "the way it is'? And so often didn't.

ps to Tyger -- The documentary, as made for television, could not provide the detailed images you wanted to see, but indeed it cites places where you can find the images, some in print, some on the NASA website, some on websites that present close analyses of the images..

Tyler
Agree on skepticism just asking do you have a security clearance ? As knowing any defense organization those astronauts would without doubt be under one type ? until they end of time which is very plausible don't you think?

Last edited:
Tyler
Agree on skepticism just asking do you have a security clearance ? As knowing any defense organization those astronauts would without doubt be under one type ? until they end of time which is very plausible don't you think?

Hence why Neil Armstrong didn't say a word all those years

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I did watch the program and I thought some things should have been emphasized more. I found the video of a craft(?) siphoning plasma from the Sun quite compelling. I wish there had been more said about the subject. I could have used more of Dr. John Brandenburg and a lot less of Buzz Aldrin. The part on Phobos 1 & 2 was also excellent. A great job Don Ecker, I imagine you had the biggest input on that part of the film.

As previously stated, the ending with the alien mummy of a woman was disappointing. That muddied the waters a bit. The part about an Apollo 20 mission with an astronaut named William Rutledge was dangled in front of the viewer and needed to be delved into further but wasn't. For me, there were just too many grainy photos to make the positive case for aliens on the moon.

Tyler

Many levels and types of clearances - 'Q' for the DoE, 'L' for the military with sensitive and non-sensitive designations, etc. The key to it all is vulnerability to the charge of treason. Not anything you want to mess with. Does not mean there is any interesting information there, just not worth the hassle.

I did watch the program and I thought some things should have been emphasized more. I found the video of a craft(?) siphoning plasma from the Sun quite compelling. I wish there had been more said about the subject. I could have used more of Dr. John Brandenburg and a lot less of Buzz Aldrin. The part on Phobos 1 & 2 was also excellent. A great job Don Ecker, I imagine you had the biggest input on that part of the film.

As previously stated, the ending with the alien mummy of a woman was disappointing. That muddied the waters a bit. The part about an Apollo 20 mission with an astronaut named William Rutledge was dangled in front of the viewer and needed to be delved into further but wasn't. For me, there were just too many grainy photos to make the positive case for aliens on the moon.
I thought it was Buzz who was the one championing the pursuit of the anomalous object on Phobos? He seemed to speak with more of a clear head compared to the other astronauts.

As for the giant object siphoning plasma from the sun, perhaps better science is needed before we start calling things tethers or massive alien ships...

UFO+Sucking+Energy+from+the+Sun.jpg

UFOs and Alien Spaceships | Solar Eruption Mistaken for Refueling UFO | Bizarre News

Last edited:
Back