• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Aliens on the Moon? (oh my!)

Don

I was listening to another Podcast and Josh P Warren was promoting the show tonight and also talking about the spacecraft and mummy that was found on the moon. I saw that fake video on you tube and hope its not included in the show this evening.

Don

I was listening to another Podcast and Josh P Warren was promoting the show tonight and also talking about the spacecraft and mummy that was found on the moon. I saw that fake video on you tube and hope its not included in the show this evening.

It is my understanding that there is a small clip of the so-called female mummy in the program. It is described (to my understanding) as possibly a hoax, but is left up to the viewer to decide. For what it is worth, I was totally against including this but I did not have any final say in it. Since I have not seen any of the finished product yet I will be seeing the show for the first time when it airs later today. I will reserve judgement until then.

Decker

Last edited:
Don i am glad you were against the fake mummy video but i do understand its all for viewers entertainment purposes.

Marko

I will watch this live tonight as it airs. A shame that people have to resort to showing fakery and downright crap just to get viewership. This is a serious subject that hopefully won't get tainted by that stupid video. Unbelievable!

It is my understanding that there is a small clip of the so-called female mummy in the program. It is described (to my understanding) as possibly a hoax, but is left up to the viewer to decide. For what it is worth, I was totally against including this but I did not have any final say in it. Since I have not seen any of the finished product yet I will be seeing the show for the first time when it airs later today. I will reserve judgement until then.

Decker

Well, watched it. Very unfortunate that the mummy mention was not only in there as a mention but was given at least 10 minutes of air time and 'pride of place' towards the end. It was treated as legitimate imo - to the point of drawing conclusions for other claims. The whole house of cards came tumbling down with that one pop. Completely undermined any credibility the whole show may have been garnering up to that point. There were problems all the way through the show even without the mummy stuff - that was just the final thrust. Too bad.

I began watching thinking this was very cool - though I came in 10 minutes into the show. I was very engaged for the first hour or so, mainly because I wasn't aware of a lot of this stuff - but the innate weaknesses with the pictures couldn'tt sustain the illusion - and then it all just fell apart. Sorry. :(

The good news is that everyone who has spent any amount of time watching all the Turkey UFO videos has come away with the same thought that there is something very real to them.

I am willing to debate anyone who thinks they Turkey UFO stuff is faked, first of all its not even digital video its cassette format, not digital.

The people who say its a cruise ship made 1 mistake. THEY ARE LOOKING AT THE WRONG DATE

That mistake is they are using the wrong date. They compare the object seen on May 13, 2009 to a distant cruise ship. Ooops wrong date, the footage which is the most interesting is May 15, 17, and in 2008 June 8, June 12, June 16 July 2 dates. in 2007 even more.

I've just googled the show and its already doing the rounds as an mp4 file on the torrent websites to download. I was worried about the ridiculous mummy video...now my worst fears have come true and it sounds like it ruined the whole show for some. I'll reserve my judgment until I watch it in full tomorrow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

There's no reason I can see why the Apollo 20 material, including the footage of the 'mummy', should 'ruin' the whole documentary for anyone. That subject matter is not claimed to be true or even persuasive. It is however a part of the history of discussion of moon anomalies in recent years and has not been disproved. It's within the realm of possibility that the Apollo 20 mission took place, and that an ancient spaceship might have been explored during it. The rest of the documentary is impressive and added considerable information to what I'd read about anomalous structures on the moon before. It's well researched and well produced. I recommend that people watch it and commend Don Ecker on his work in this documentary.

I was almost waiting for the Narrator to say "Some ancient alien theorists believe" numerous times, and the fake mummy video got a whole segment. I also didn't like the speculation about all the fuzzy blurry photos..... the "fortress" the "gun turret" the "saucer" and so on. And of course Richard Hoaglands C3PO's rock i mean head made a brief appearance. Over all nothing new here just another fuzzy subjective picture Documentary.....the one video i did think was indeed compelling was the smoke coming from the stack. Over all Epic Fail F+ Of course this is just my opinion.

I haven't seen it yet, so I'll withhold personal opinion. But from the first comments I've seen in the UFO Collective mailing list, it's clear this documentary isn't quite getting the love.

I was almost waiting for the Narrator to say "Some ancient alien theorists believe" numerous times, and the fake mummy video got a whole segment.

Same here. :(

The fake mummy definitely had only one sentence on it's 'possibly' being a hoax - the segment as a whole conveyed (to me) the stance that this was real stuff. In fact I had the impression that this was being showcased as the 'shocker' that has been kept from the public. I just have to hear that someone is surfacing 40 to 50 years after an event with 'facts' being 'revealed' and you just know scam artists are at work. (I admit that's my bias).

Anyway, the mummy stuff was using a picture that is purporting to show an alien craft nested against the rocks. That one picture was not colorized - and was given several magnifications. IMO it's not convincing as an alien craft. Looked like a rock shelf to me. The same might be said for the others except that the viewer was never allowed to look at un-interpreted photos (except for nano seconds).

I also didn't like the speculation about all the fuzzy blurry photos..... the "fortress" the "gun turret" the "saucer" and so on. And of course Richard Hoaglands C3PO's rock i mean head made a brief appearance. Over all nothing new here just another fuzzy subjective picture Documentary

My problem was with the colorizations (or overlays) of the pictures, particularly the last picture that they kept zooming in on (with tremendous speed so that one could hardly focus). They never allowed the viewer to linger over this picture (or any picture) without the interpretive overlay. That last picture is suppose to be a flying saucer with windows, and all I could see were blue squiggles overlaid. Not helpful. All-in-all, there was a very strong attempt to guide the viewer regarding the interpretations of the pictures.

I'm with Buzz Aldrin on this one. Smart man - he knows when he is being reeled in and he stopped dead in his tracks.

Also, the ULO guy - I've looked on Amazon - no such book. I've googled and came up with this - LINK: UFO - Ufology - ULOs - Unidentified Lunar Objects by Allan Sturm But no book has been published. This looks fishy - like a money-maker rather than anything real.

.....the one video i did think was indeed compelling was the smoke coming from the stack. Over all Epic Fail. F+ Of course this is just my opinion.

Yes, that bit was interesting but given the rest of the 2 hours I am skeptical of even that now. People so much want to believe. There was nothing here that was documentary-like, a la 'CBS Reports' with Walter Cronkite :cool: or 'Frontline'.

As stands, I was not convinced. And I missed an episode of 'Halifax' on PBS to watch it! :(

Last edited:
The problem with these types of documentaries is the sensational nature of the format. As they framed it from the beginning it's an 'alien menace' or an 'alien threat' which then gets magnified by blurry pixilated imagery with painted tints to create objects and shapes that are not really there. Using those tint techniques you could put a Wallmart on the moon if you wanted to. Having people like Redfern give us the usual 'what if', 'could be,' 'we just don't know,' & 'seems like' descriptions only continues to perpetuate an attitude around aliens through fear and wonder instead of using accurate and unquestionable facts. The shift in the knowledge of the Viking Cydonia image, that was once a face and is now just a lump of rock, demonstrates a better change in perception from ancient alien structure to just a natural object.

Why would anyone want to build fortresses, satellite dishes, gun turrets, nuclear cooling towers etc. on the moon in the first place? If you want to study the earth and you have the tech to journey across the stars then why not observe as much as you need to and then move on, or just leave your undetectable nano-satellite in orbit? Is there some type of information that you can't get using the advanced tech readily available at the tips of your alien claws? No, we are to believe that the aliens are busy stealing our radio and tv signals, modeling their technology off of our own and that they've been monitoring us, or as Redfern threatens, "are they preparing for an attack?" So let's forget the anthropocentric speculation that has renamed these bits of pixels in the shapes that humans can understand (like aliens would be building a nuclear cooling tank) and just consider how long the attack preparation and the monitoring has been under way for. Wow, those aliens have really got us where they want us now.

I'm sorry for the sarcasm, but the initial premise, the deductions based on blurry imagery and the perpetual fear mongering throughout this show is built upon a series of shaky premises and little evidence. I hope Redfern got a big enough pay cheque for this to talk about the 'hostile' aliens who are turning the moon into Cuba circa 1962. I thought that comments like that were entirely irresponsible, sensational and are the types of speculations that helps to keep ufology thickly in the fog.

The astronaut testimony was sometimes interesting and convincing and at other times just curious & bizarre. But they also demonstrated, that like anyone, they can be true blue believers without any evidence at all. Props to Buzz, yes - i liked his critical curiosity about Phobos. I'm entirely impressed by the human leadership needed to be an astronaut but they did not personally provide any comments that would bring civilization to a halt - again, the whole fear thing. But that Apollo 8 smokestack sequence - now that was pretty odd, I have to admit, and was indicative of a lack of NASA tampering.

Having read some of the comments I am somewhat leery to watch this Syfy show. I did look at some of the video clips shown on the internet. I can't say I was very impressed. There were lots of grainy shots with overlays to show whatever structure. I plan to record the 7/23 repeat and then decide but I wasn't overwhelmed thus far.

BTW, what is up with Buzz Aldrin, after 45 years, coming out with the Apollo 11 sighting of space craft on the moon? That seems damn perplexing to me. I am sure NASA put the clamp down on any astronaut talk of ETs and Buzz now decides to spill the beans. What gives?

Overall I was impressed, that shows how low my expectations were. Sensational clap trap aside there really is a lot to be learned about our closest celestial neighbor. In the mean time there are books, conferences and advertising to be sold.

I suppose it is now my turn to give my take on this topic of the Aliens on the Moon show, so here goes.
For over 20 years I have been trying to get some tv coverage on the question of lunar anomalies and Kiviat was the guy
that came thru with this show. I was Research Producer on it but as I am sure you know, I had no say in what aired or did not. I told Kiviat I was totally
AGAINST the inclusion of the "Alien Mona Lisa" bullshit and the Apollo 18 to 20 stuff. It was and is pure bullshit. I brought many of the people interviewed to
the show, John Brandenburg, Ron Collins, Allan Sturm and Vito Saccheri. I thought they did a terrific job (and they did)
but I can not speak for the rest of it. Had it been up to me, the so-called UFO footage that Ryan is in love with would not of aired. However it was not up to me. I have already said I would have had nothing to do with the female alien mummy footage, nothing at all. It was not up to me however. Had it been up to me Joshua Warren would not have been included. I had no say with that. So, the bottom line as far as I am concerned?

I am happy with what I contributed to this program. I am very happy at how the "pipe" photo was handled, and when I look at that thing it still sends a chill up my spine. So ladies and gentlemen there you have it. After over 20 years of trying I feel like I accomplished what I wanted to do, garner some discussion on what I am sure no one much has discussed very often in a public forum ... there is a lot of weird shit on the Moon! So, if you wish to throw the baby out with that bath water, well that is on you.

Decker

Don in all my studies of lunar alien artifacts I come across two pic I simply can NOT explain...I was wondering your take on the pics:
1:
Lunar-Anomaly-Lunik-13-artifact.jpg

2:
luna26_10.jpg

Back