• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien Interview Discrepencies

schtick,

That is a truly outstanding find!

The BS never ends. So very sad.

dB

Yep ... the human race is capable of so much good but it is the BS we tend to remember. Especially the BS that doesn't hang together very well.

And on that rather messy thought, I shall say "thanks", and take my leave :D

schtick ... hoping that disclosure comes sooner rather than later so that we may then be rid of such idiotic BS merchants once and for all

I thought the show really sucked (sorry). You guys keep on pecking on the guy and question his sources/credentials (which is of course important and relevant, but enough is enough) for almost 2 hours and there is not one iota of info about what is actually written in the book.
At least we can dl it and see for ourselves.
And I treat any book without substantiated evidence as pure entertainment anyway, as most intelligent humans do and should do, so where is the problem when the author on page two freely admits that there is no reason to believe him.
Take it as entertainment, if it is boring ditch it. All is well.

Absolutely. It's Scientology, repackaged as Roswell lore.

It's crap.

dB

Yep ... indeed and it is quite horrible. I'm on about page 70 or so, and either said writer needs medication or I may need some after I get through it. The numbers that are bandied about: "trillions", "quadrillions" etc etc etc.. Has Mr Spencer any idea how big these numbers are?? I think the answer may be a resounding NO.

Still I bet Mr Spencer is having a good old giggle at our expense. I just hope that not many people spend good money on his book. As dB would agree: its money that could be spent on good chocolate.

My big question is: why did the alien not just leave his "body" and bugger off back to his space-station or whatever ... or was it trapped?... oh who cares ... where's that chocolate?? :D

It doesnt matter if it is from scientology or not, Once a book has a number of serious flaws which doesnt compare with the evidence or the facts of history, then it is either fiction or science fiction:exclamation:

It doesnt matter if it is from scientology or not, Once a book has a number of serious flaws which doesnt compare with the evidence or the facts of history, then it is either fiction or science fiction:exclamation:

Scientology *is* science fiction--a "religion" (pyramid scheme) founded by a 1950s sci-fi writer. And not a good one at that.

Hey--Gene and David--thanks for the shout out on last week's show. I feel quite warm and fizzy--I mean fuzzy.

:)

Lisby

I thought the show really sucked (sorry). You guys keep on pecking on the guy and question his sources/credentials (which is of course important and relevant, but enough is enough) for almost 2 hours and there is not one iota of info about what is actually written in the book.
At least we can dl it and see for ourselves.
And I treat any book without substantiated evidence as pure entertainment anyway, as most intelligent humans do and should do, so where is the problem when the author on page two freely admits that there is no reason to believe him.
Take it as entertainment, if it is boring ditch it. All is well.

You're missing the point that this book wasn't promoted to Gene or the public as fiction. It's being sold as reality and a new and important part of the Roswell case. It's not until you buy it that you realize what you've bought. Which, I might add, is exactly what happens to people who buy into Scientology.

The alien interview book was a reworking of a secret level of Scientology called the Operating Thetan III level. Devotees have paid upwards of a hundred thousand dollars to be let in on the "holy secrets" of this level. What they get is a typewritten story about an evil space empire that turned earth into a prison planet and erased the memories of all these intergalactic souls and put in hypnotic implants to keep their prisoners from remembering that they were really groovy super-powered space people. The OT III documents were entered into the public record during a court case a number of years ago.

Either the guest was lying about his involvement--to wit, he actually wrote the material is may be promoting a Scientology agenda, or the "nurse" was lying to him in the hope of tricking him into promoting a Scientology agenda. While I agree that it would have been nice to delve more deeply into the substance of the book during the show, as best I recall, each time he was asked to, the guest replied "read the book." What may be going on is that the guest or the "nurse" are trying to tie the OT III story--which the "church" can no longer deny--into Roswell to lend credence to the OT III level. ("See--the alien captured at Roswell told the same story that L. Ron Hubbard did!") I know it sounds goofy, but you don't know goofy until you've studied the shenanigans of Scientology over the years.

Lisby

Curious that I wrote Spencer after all this information came out and asked him about his connection to the Scientology organization -- or cult if you will -- and got an automated response. I guess he realizes the jig is up and it's best to stay away from us. :)

Curious that I wrote Spencer after all this information came out and asked him about his connection to the Scientology organization -- or cult if you will -- and got an automated response. I guess he realizes the jig is up and it's best to stay away from us. :)

Hey, Gene, do let me know if you get an answer from him.

Lisby

I guess he realizes the jig is up and it's best to stay away from us. :)

Well if I remember correctly he always wanted to stay away from UFO inquiry. Hes just a simple unimaginitive man who made a decision. Maybe it was the wrong one - but hindsight is always 20/20 isnt it.

Ok Ill stop now. :D

keep in mind this cult has plans to "clear" the planet, and its policys reflect the fact that non members can be lied to or tricked

"ENEMY — SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

they see themselves as an elite force, saving the planet.

tricks and lies are A ok, as long as it helps keep scientology working

I still like to point out that Scientology and Hubby werent the first nor only ones who wrote along those Earth=Prisonplanet lines. Bramley comes to mind, Sitchin to a degree, and others.

I still like to point out that Scientology and Hubby werent the first nor only ones who wrote along those Earth=Prisonplanet lines. Bramley comes to mind, Sitchin to a degree, and others.

quite correct, an awful lot of hubbards stuff was ripped off from somewhere else.

I don't know that either of these two thought they were the reincarnation of Cecil Rhodes, however...:)

Lisby

After finally getting through the book and discussing it with my old theology prof (who is an expert on cults)(I minored in comparative theology), I must say that we have to disagree with your suspicion of a scientology agenda. Sure, a lot of his stuff is ripped from scientology's thetan crap, but just as much of it contradicts scientology lore.
The whole book is a mishmash of stuff stolen from others. Some of the sources we could identify: Scientology, Bramley, Fort, Sitchin, Heiser, GWAR (yes, the Metal band that claims they are aliens who rule earth from their fortress in antarctica and publish their story in comics), Roswell (Friedman et al., obviously), Billy Meier...the list is endless.
My take on it is, he wrote it for the heck of it, i cant identify a real scientology agenda here.

Yeah, but L. Ron Hubbard started Scientology in 1953. He wrote the book "Scientology: a new science", later renamed "Abnormal Dianetics", in 1947.

William Bramley published the Gods of Eden in 1989/1990, and Sitchen's Genesis Revisited came out in 1990 as well. L. Ron Hubbard died in 1986 (even though they continued to released "new" books by him, and denied he was dead for a while).

So Hubbard certainly didn't get anything from them.

I think both Bramley and Sitchen did honest research, even if Sitchen's translations were wrong. Bramley, or whatever his real name is, didn't even set out to write a book about UFOs or Aliens. I think there's some compelling stuff in tGoE. If you look at how the Vatican and most governments horde gold, it makes you wonder what they are keeping it for. We (the US) don't use it as a basis for our currency... the US Treasury doesn't issue money, the "Federal" Reserve Bank does, which is not a federal agency, and isn't even run by US citizens!

So maybe we were used as slaves in gold mines in the ancient past, and are keeping some gold for when they come back. The ones with the most gold earn the "master's" favor. Who can say? ;)

Hubbard was just a Sci-Fi writer who started a typical cult and sailed around on a small fleet of Scientology ships, calling himself the "Commodore" and had uniformed teenage girls, known as the "Commodore's Messengers" waiting on him hand and foot, even showering him, while he drank a lot and popped pills.

Getting back to "The Alien Interview".. just listened to the show (I'm catching up on old episodes) ... man that was a wasted two hours! Not a single interesting thing in that book. Nothing.

Back