• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien Interview Discrepencies

Free episodes:

Schuyler

Misanthrope
The show will be coming up in two weeks. We have the text of the document available to us. For those who have read it, what are the discrepencies? I've just started it and have read the first typed letter to the editor. I've found some issues already, the first one of which I will detail next message. Might be fun to detail others as they are found.

Military Rank Issue

She says she was given a pay raise from $54 to $138 as "Senior MSgt"

1. There was no such rank in 1947, or now, for that matter. You were either a First Sgt or a Master Sgt. The ranking structure did not go above E-7. There was no E-8 or E-9 (which still aren't called Senior) Note: The structure was reversed back then. A Master Sgt was an E-1 and a Private was an E-7, though that is not at issue here.)

2. I found a military pay chart for 1949, as close as I could get, but it is only 2 years off. That shows a private's Pay as $82.50 and a MSgt's pay as $198.45. This varies a bit by years of service, but she is still asking us to believe she was promoted from half private to MSgt. The MSgt pay she cites is believably within range, but the low end salary does not make sense and is nowhere close.

3. Nurses were and are officers, including in WW II. Nurses were not privates.

http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/militarypaytables/militarypaypriorrates/1949.pdf

Issue: The tone & style of the text

There are people more qualified than I to test this out, but in reading the front matter and then the text from the nurse, it struck me that the style of writing is the same. The way the author composes sentences, including the way clauses are ordered, reads the same. This would indicate the author is the same for both parts. I cannot prove this yet, but be watchful of this as you read through. We may be able to pull out some exact equivalencies which would strenthen this theory.

Any time evidence is destroyed by an author, or editor, I don't worry much about making a detailed argument. Why? Because he doesn't have a case. Also, anyone that destroys evidence is either lying, or not concerned with proving a case. Thereby have deemed themself un-credible. A credible person doesn't do such things. Dis-missed.

Ps. I thought the nurse and he seemed the same too. However, I am not a linguist and that doesn't have much weight with me. There's other fish to fry with this case. Loads of it. I did find it interesting you noticed that same thing however.

Since I haven't even looked at the interview download, it is only a thought, but...
unless those pay grades specifically state they include women, they may not be accurate as to what female military personnel were paid. It wasn't that long ago that it became illegal to pay men and women differently for essentially the same work, and even though it is now illegal, it wasn't back then.
With that in mind, is it possible to accept the pay figures were accurate? and then just go on the rest of the discrepancies you find. The biggest one to me, would be the similarity in writing style, court cases for plagiarism have been won and lost using expert opinions on that sort of thing. As editor, he may well have adopted a style similar to the purported nurse's, but since he has already written several books of his own, that seems a bit unlikely to me that his own personal writing voice would be that easily influenced.

I have to agree with the Paranormal Packrat. When Mr. Spencer destroyed the source materials, he, in effect, destroyed his credibility. What could that mean? The dog ate my homework?

I can see wishing to avoid the inevitable multiplication by zero anyone (from Jacques Vallee to the Piltdown Man) faces when addressing the subject of UFOs. You can expect to be humiliated, whether you are Einstein or Tony the Clown. Spencer said, on his Jeff Rense appearance, basically, and I'm paraphrasing, that you couldn't prove the existence of UFOs no matter what your evidence. I agree.

Does that mean he should have destroyed his "source materials"?

Absolutely not. He said he didn't bother contacting a UFOlogist. Well, he should have. And it isn't like they are hard to find. Even the most reputable are easily contacted. They would have done a responsible job of caretaking these relics of history. Why did he not do that? No one would ever have known, if he values his privacy as much as he claims, had he contacted, for instance, Stanton Friedman, requested anonymity, and let Stanton handle the material with the respect it was due. He could have sunk into the black soup of history.

Instead, he makes it a matter of faith. He says verify his facts on Wikipedia. I like Wikipedia as much as the next geek, but as a verification tool?

These were historical documents that were of the late forties era and that alone made them valuable, outside of the UFO issue. Even the most fervent believer in Cosmic Gee-whiz would think about Antiques Roadshow. Why didn't Mr. Spencer?

Now, I realize that my problem with his story might be part and parcel of the humiliation process we subject ourselves to regarding this subject. I don't mean to humiliate Mr. Spencer. If it is humiliating, I apologize.

The problem of proof is where I agree with him. That doesn't mean I pitch the Gettysburg Address in the fireplace. But proof requires system shock. It requires O.H. Krill kicking George Bush out of his seat and taking over his radio broadcast. There is very deep perceptual nullification of this subject matter that cannot be overcome except through massive perceptual shock.

:eek:

Yes, he destroyed evidence, but my point is that he's going to be on the show, and he has an answer for that. Will our hosts simply say "You destroyed evidence" for two hours? It's going to be pretty boring if they do. I thought looking at some of these other discrepencies might be helpful, but, of course, no one has to pay attention to them.

Here's another one. One of the transcripts mentions a date BCE: Before Current Epoch, but this term has arisen in the last generation by scholars not wanting to infect their fine work with a religiously connotated BC: Before Christ. Perhaps someone else has contrary evidence, but I believe this term has appeared only within the last 20 years or so. Since it is in a transcript, not in a discussion about the transcript, it does not appear likely.

And another: Both the editor and the nurse express exactly the same politics in the same ways. They make snide comments about people in authority, whether the immediate authority of an 'agent' wanting a question asked or those in power, and attribute motivations to them that they cannot possibly know. That both personalities express themselves the same way is very suspicious.

And a third: At the beginning of the interviews the nurse repeatedly expresses the idea that she gets 'feelings' from the alien mentally and attempts to translate these feelings into words that may fit. She suggests that it is her problem as an imperfect medium rather than the alien's that she can't get the impressions quite right. Then the alien immediately learns English from books, taught by the nurse using phonics (though the alien has no vocal cords nor ears to hear) IMMEDIATELY the transcripts are in perfect English using advanced philosophical concepts. The alien seems to be expressing exact words and sentences, and, more to the point, the nurse has suddenly become a perfect translator and medium.

And a fourth: I'll have to chack this out, but the editor has written a couple of other books. The text is now turning to philosophical issues. My suspicion is that his other books express the same ideas as the alien. That is to be determined.

Alien Interview -> L. Ron Hubbard connection?

If Alien Interview sounds reminiscent of another tale, think L. Ron Hubbard. Spencer is on record that Hubbard's book on Art gave him the inspiration to write his books. I'm not saying Spencer is a scientologist all the way, but in reading Alien Interview, the accounts of space aliens and the old empire, force fields, and galactic civilizations, earth as a prison planet, etc. are reminiscent.

Also, Spencer has reviewed his own books on Amazon, giving them all five stars and lauding the writing style. I'm not sure I'm going to make it through all 300 pages.....

I have the book, on page 157-- " The content of this book is solely and only the contrivance of the aurthor---." Nuff said.

I have the book, on page 157-- " The content of this book is solely and only the contrivance of the aurthor---." Nuff said.

We all have access to the book. It says that several places. But it's not really enough because this is common. He'll have an answer for that just like he has one for burning the evidence. Sleeper writes 'fiction' books and says they are real. Charles Hall wrote several books on the Tall Whites saying they were fiction, but then turned around and said they were real. (He would be an interesting guest.)And we have Strieber, who speaks out of both sides of his mouth at the same time. It's fiction, no it's not, yes, it is.

I thought it would be fun to trip him up a bit. "BCE" is a recent word. Army nurses aren't Master Sergents; they're officers (and no, women weren't paid on a different scale in the army). What's with the politics; they are the same. Why does the alien spout scientology concepts and 'history?'

Don't misunderstand me; I agree with you. It IS fiction. Wouldn't it be neat to get him to admit that on the show!

I've suggested twice they have Charles Hall on.
I took a look at Greer's Disclosure Project Video again over the weekend. I had forgotten how many of those poor souls had said their lives were threatened. Maybe that plays a factor here. Aside from all the hubbub about Greer, there apparently are a bunch of creeps out there ready to pounce on any law enforcement, military, or intelligence officer who threatens to go public. They sound absolutely obnoxious.
Instead of disclosure, I think the pursuit out to be prosecution of these criminals going around intimidating people. It is like holding war crimes trials at Guantanamo.

I took a look at Greer's Disclosure Project Video again over the weekend. I had forgotten how many of those poor souls had said their lives were threatened.

I don't know the answer to this, maybe you do...But of the people who said they were threatened, how many have legit, verifiable backgrounds and sourced stories and how many don't?

I wonder why some are threatened and some aren't.

I don't know the answer to this, maybe you do...But of the people who said they were threatened, how many have legit, verifiable backgrounds and sourced stories and how many don't?

I must admit that the first time I saw that video I was amazed. I hadn't yet been exposed to all the BS about Greer--I was a neophyte who did not know. But the claims of threats issue struck me as choreographed in the same manner as their last sentence, in every case, I think, was supporting Congressional hearings and the willingness to testify before them.

I don't know about the guy who said there was a moonbase on the moon. The two young guys were convincing. I think the two who were most impressive were Daniel Salter and Brigadier General Steven Lovekin. I have not googled those guys. But Salter looked like he could care less about any SOB who got in his face.

I have a little suggestion - please include page and paragraph number then it will be easier to spot the right part during the show.

OK, my input:)
Page #67, 4-th paragraph - 'Alien' talks about geniuses existing caused by restive, tumultuous environment. But it contradicts with previous Alien claims about Newton geniuses.
General observation - first several dozens pages sounded pretty realistic but as soon as Airl started to 'talk' fluently...I wish I can hear his minds in my head, just a very few of them would be great. That would vanish all my suspicious, but till then...

Page # 75, paragraph #5 - Airl talks about the reasons why Earth is a bad choice for sustainable civilization and low gravity is one of the reasons. But wait a minute - why does IS-BE need / care about gravity at all? It is immortal spiritual being, why does it need gravity?

And the next paragraph on this page. Well, but what about all pilots who haven't crashed because of a lighting strike? Are they better pilots or pure luck?

I took a look at Greer's Disclosure Project Video again over the weekend. I had forgotten how many of those poor souls had said their lives were threatened. Maybe that plays a factor here. Aside from all the hubbub about Greer, there apparently are a bunch of creeps out there ready to pounce on any law enforcement, military, or intelligence officer who threatens to go public. They sound absolutely obnoxious.
Instead of disclosure, I think the pursuit out to be prosecution of these criminals going around intimidating people. It is like holding war crimes trials at Guantanamo.

Charles Hall is up there with Hoagland, Greer and the rest of the galactic federation. The dude is delusional. I mean he states he took aliens fucking gambling in Vegas for christsakes. I mean did they hit the buffet and catch a show afterwards?? Come on people! :eek:

I mean he's entertaining and seems likeable, but he's passing Fiction as truth.

I haven't read his books--just perused his web site. I guess that begs the question, though. If our hosts are going to invite people like Greer, Spencer, and others of dubious truthfulness on the show, perhaps to take them to task, wouldn't Hall fit right in? If this show were in the fifties, would they not have George Adamski and Truman Bethurum on?

On the other hand, there may be another dynamic involved here. Given the number of repetitions of guests on the show, may we not be reaching the end of the number of viable guests? Are we scraping the bottom of the barrel? How about branching out into global warming, kind of like expanding the gene pool (which might be better than the david pool -cough-<COUGH>.)

Back