• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien Interview Discrepencies

I haven't read his books--just perused his web site. I guess that begs the question, though. If our hosts are going to invite people like Greer, Spencer, and others of dubious truthfulness on the show, perhaps to take them to task, wouldn't Hall fit right in? If this show were in the fifties, would they not have George Adamski and Truman Bethurum on?

On the other hand, there may be another dynamic involved here. Given the number of repetitions of guests on the show, may we not be reaching the end of the number of viable guests? Are we scraping the bottom of the barrel? How about branching out into global warming, kind of like expanding the gene pool (which might be better than the david pool, <cough>.)

There are lots of possible guests we haven't gotten to yet. Be patient. :)

I would rather sit and listen to Gene, David, Jeremy and Jeff sit and shoot the shit and ponder about what the hell is going on, than waste 2 hours listening to someone who shouldn't be talking in the first place.Sorry dude but I would rather they not have a guest at all if their anything like Hall.

I would rather sit and listen to Gene, David, Jeremy and Jeff sit and shoot the shit and ponder about what the hell is going on, than waste 2 hours listening to someone who shouldn't be talking in the first place.Sorry dude but I would rather they not have a guest at all if their anything like Hall.

OK. I respect your position.

Mine is that if you restrict guest appearances based on whether someone thinks they are a fraud, then the pool of guests diminishes rapidly. There isn't anyone out there that someone doesn't think is a fraud, including Stan Friedman. If you chose guests based on the veto power of any one person, you'd have no guests to choose. Further, the fraudsters are, like it or not, part of the field. You can't claim to cover the field without covering them as well. I think the strength of the Paracast is that, unlike certain other unnamed shows, our hosts are willing to take claims to task rather than simply say "Gee whiz! Wow!" I'd rather not be subjected to 'shooting the shit' parties full of opinion and pondering. My opinion is as good as anyone else's. But when you have someone on with a story to tell, truthful or not, that's something I would normally not have access to and why it is more useful to me as someone interested in the field. I also think it is a public service to have interviews with these sorts of people on record as a counter to their claims.

So, if they were to have Hall on they would lose you; if they have 'shooting the shit' parties they likely lose me. The net audience is the same. I guess it's all a matter of compromise and attempting to build the audience with shows that are appealing to the greatest number of people without getting repetitive.

I kind of come from the Glen Cambell perspective on these topics. It is entertaining to view these kinds of things as evolving mythology. I loved hearing the stories about Jarod and how the aliens spoke Hungarian. I have repeated that to my Hungarian friends and it is always good for a laugh.

I'm reading this 'book' right now and I am hopeful that it will provide an entertaining slice of mythology into the Roswell mix. My hope, however, is dwindling fast as the author goes way out of his way to distance himself from the stuff he writes.

And, as others have pointed out, allegedly 'burning the evidence' which is the ultimate in poppycock.

I gave the guy $5, now I hope the Paracast runs him through the wringer about further confusing the already hopeless situation surrounding the Roswell mythos.

John

I kind of come from the Glen Cambell perspective on these topics. It is entertaining to view these kinds of things as evolving mythology. I loved hearing the stories about Jarod and how the aliens spoke Hungarian. I have repeated that to my Hungarian friends and it is always good for a laugh.

I'm reading this 'book' right now and I am hopeful that it will provide an entertaining slice of mythology into the Roswell mix. My hope, however, is dwindling fast as the author goes way out of his way to distance himself from the stuff he writes.

And, as others have pointed out, allegedly 'burning the evidence' which is the ultimate in poppycock.

I gave the guy $5, now I hope the Paracast runs him through the wringer about further confusing the already hopeless situation surrounding the Roswell mythos.

John
He says the money will all go to a charity designed to raise money to promote school athletics. That sounds great, and I await more information.

Meantime, you will not disappointed how we treat Lawrence. :)

Hmmm..replying to my own message. I am just now reading the 'letter' from this alleged person. It is so obviously written by the author himself it is silly. This entire thing is a work of fiction and it annoying he made up this foolish story to help sell his book which, by the way, is so replete with horrible grammatical errors that is was clearly edited by no one other than himself.

update: Now, I've read about 1/3 of the book and it is a doozy. There is nothing in the text that is believable as having been written by either the alleged nurse or the 'alien'. It is wholesale complete nonsense beginning to end.

Here is a typical paragraph:

"Before the formation of the physical universe there was
a vast period during which universes were not solid, but
wholly illusionary. You might say that the universe was
a universe of magical illusions which were made to
appear and vanish at the will of the magician. In every
case, the "magician" was one or more IS-BEs. Many ISBEs
on Earth can still recall vague images from that
period. Tales of magic, sorcery and enchantment, fairy
tales and mythology speak of such things, 72 (Footnote)
although in very crude terms."

That's exactly how I expect my 1947 telepathic alien robot dolls inhabited by trillion of year old spiritual beings to talk. And, I agree with the previous poster. This jack-ass is clearly peddling a form of Scientology and using the Roswell myth as his vehicle. I hope the Paracast is tough on him.

In her own fake words made up by the author:

"It has been almost exactly 40 years since the crash
at Roswell. Since then it has become obvious to me
that I have been able to communicate telepathically
with Airl for one reason: I am one of the 3,000
members of the Lost Battalion. At this time, all of
the members of the Lost Battalion have been located
on Earth as a result of The Domain Annunaki Mission
and their use of the "Tree of Life" detection device.
Through my communication with Airl, I have recovered
some of my memory of lives I've spent on Earth over
the past 8,000 years. Most of these memories are not
especially important compared to the long backtrack
of events, but it has been a necessary stepping stone
to regaining my awareness and ability as an IS-BE.
I can also remember some dim patches of my life in
The Domain Expeditionary Force. I was a nurse there
too. For the most part I've been a nurse over and
over and over again down through the ages. I stick
with being a nurse because it is familiar to me. And,
I enjoy the work of helping people, as well as
members of the race of biological beings in The
Domain whose bodies look more like insects than
mammals, especially their hands. Even doll bodies
need some repair once in awhile, too."

The government agencies that classified the enclosed
transcripts as "TOP SECRET" are run by IS-BEs who are
nothing more than mindless automatons covertly
ordered about through hypnotic commands given by the
"Old Empire" prison operators. They are the
unknowing slaves of unseen slave masters -- and all
the more enslaved by their willingness to be slaves.
Most of the IS-BEs on Earth are good, honest, able
beings: artists, managers, geniuses, free thinkers
and revolutionaries who have harmed no one, really.
They are no threat to anyone except the criminals who
have imprisoned them.
They must find out about the "Old Empire" amnesia and
hypnosis operation. They must remember their own past
lives. The only way this will ever happen is to
communicate, coordinate and fight back. We have to
tell other people and they have to discuss it openly
with each other. Communication is the only effective
weapon against secrecy and oppression.

John

P.S. I think I want my $5 back. Maybe the hosts can ask for me at the next paracast....

I perused the PDF file. I have listened To Mr. Spencer's interview on Jeff Rense. I guess the question is, who is the author? Is it him or Mrs. MacElroy? References to history and mythology indeed suggest the text is a concoction or confabulation. I found it very Indian. The earth is a prison. Like flesh is a prison in Hinduism and incarnation in this life is deemed to be an imprisonment. Hindus seek to be liberated from birth and death. I found it interesting that these Domain beings incarnate themselves in these biomechanical suits.

It is as has been pointed out an interesting mythological type text. With lashings of Kierkegaard, Philip K. Dick, and the Bhagavad Gita. But what purpose it is trying to achieve, well, that is not my domain.

I have an alien lamp. It talks to me. I can prove it. In a Greer, Morten, Reed, Horn kinda way. Sorry, Noorey and Larry King are callin, I have to go.

Just say yes to tin foil. It = gud.

Remember folks. Aug 1 we gonna see a real bigfoot!!!! Yup. No lack of claims without evidence on Earf. Oh, and the guy who claims it, is a cop! Yup, he must be honest. He a cop!

Anyone that lacks evidence, needs to like, well, get some. Or maybe, consider knitting instead of, well, spewing shit. But hey, someone will buy it? No? Just look at how well religion has done over the years.

Just want to add to a litany of discrepancies in this book:

The founder of the Chinese Taoism appears as "Laozi" in numerous places in the book, most prominently on page 92 where this name is repeatedly mentioned.

"Laozi" is a thoroughly mordern translation. Prior to the adoption of the PinYin romanization of the Mandarin language in 1958, the name of the said philosopher is known in the West as Lao Tsu. And even to this day, a prominent contemporary of Lao Tsu is still commonly referred to in the West as Sun Tsu (who wrote the book "the Art of War"), instead of "Sunzi". The modern translation, "Laozi", did not appear in the Western literature until after the conclusion of the Cultural Revolution on mainland China in 1976.

Therefore, it is absolutely impossible for an airforce nurse to translate that person's name as Laozi in 1947!

Since the transcript was not modified from its original form, this serious flaw alone points the date of the fogery as sometime after 1958, and in fact, most likely after 1976.

(Of course, somebody can say that the interviewed Alien successfully predicted, 29 years in advance, the modification of the translation from Lao Tsu to Laozi :D. )

I think Gene and David should charge Spencer for the publishing tips that they freely gave him over the course of the interview.

-todd

Alien Interview Discrepencies - Advertising for the book

Why did you interview him? The book says it all. This is fiction and he's taking whatever free press/advertising that he can get - of course.

I think Lawrence is MUCH smarter than anyone thinks. (grin)

From the book:

Acknowledgements
My sincerest thanks to the enthusiastic, insightful editorial support of Michel and
Brenda. Thank you very much to all of the diligent and unselfish work of the owners,
staff and tireless contributors and editors of Wikipedia.org upon which the
material in this book relies heavily for efficacious documentary support of
many of the footnoted items sited in the text of the transcripts and comments
from Matilda O'Donnell MacElroy.
Disclaimer
As far as the Editor of the book, "Alien Interview" is concerned, and for all practical
purposes, the content of the book is a work of fiction. The Editor makes no claim to
the factuality of the content, and in fact, cannot prove that the alleged author
actually ever existed. Although some of the dates, locations, persons and incidents
described may be factual or based on fact, there is no evidence to authenticate that
equally as many may be subjective contrivances of the author.

All of the information, notes and transcripts received by the Editor are contained in
their complete, original form, as represented in the book. The Editor is no longer in
possession of any original documents or copies of original documents from the
author, i.e. Mrs. MacElroy.
Some material contained in the book may have similarities to Earth philosophies as
the variety of these are too numerous to list, and bear too many fundamental
similarities to be easily differentiated. Although the book discusses the origins of the
universe, the time track of the physical universe, paranormal activities of immortal
and/or extraterrestrial beings, "aliens" or "gods", it is in no way the intention of the
Editor to represent, endorse, forward or assume the viewpoint of the author, any
political doctrine, economic vested interest, scientific hypothesis, religious practice
or philosophy, whether terrestrial or extraterrestrial.
The notes and transcripts contained in the book, are solely and only the based on the
representations and documents provided by the author, the late Matilda O'Donnell
MacElroy, unless otherwise specifically annotated by Footnotes in The Appendix of
the book.
The Editor is not responsible for any assumptions, inferences or conclusions made
by the reader based on the material is this book, which are solely and only the
responsibility of the reader.
What is true for you, is true for you.
Lawrence R. Spencer -- Editor

Daktari Impossible said:
...the show. The question should have been put to him: why did you invite him? The reason is clear: to take an already embarrassing case and make it even more so. If Spencer was a masochist, what did that make Biedny? A sadist. This guy lives to humiliate people.
Do me a favor guys. You want to beat mentally challenged people up so you can feel like you are "credible" UFO guys, do so on your own time and not on mine. Thugs like you belong on the streets.
---

You are so wrong. The way I see it now, Lawrence saw a great opportunity to promote and sell books (books he clearly states are FICTION in the books themselves) and jumped all over it. He just let them say whatever they wanted and totally played them like Matlock does a criminal. What does he care? He's going to sell books - any press is good press in his case. My God, he was good. He played the group like a true master.

Lawrence: Oh, ok...I really don't know about this stuff. You guys are all much smarter than I am. I just wrote what I had on the papers (his notes - hehe).

That says it then. :)

A) Lawrence was full of crap. That much is obvious.
The org he mentioned does not exist. There's already a good one
http://www.sportsgift.org/

B) Lawrence makes no bones about his work being fiction.

C) Lawrence was prolly' elated at all the free publicity for his books and could not have cared less how much of a beating he took. He completely Matlock'd the panel. ;)

matlock2.jpg

"I'm just a simple country boy.....can you explain that to me real simple?"

Daktari Impossible said:
I think Biedny enjoyed pounding this masochist.

You are still missing by a mile. Lawrence played this perfectly. He got free advertising and did not give a hoot about what anyone thought. He probably marveled at the fact they were challenging what he CLEARLY stated was complete and utter fiction. I mean, this is pretty funny. David, Gene, and crew were completely had - hate to say it, but it is true as far as I can see.

Daktari Impossible said:
I want somebody to pound Biedny.

What? Can't you do it yourself? McUseless.

I may not be in the right thread as this is my first posting... The show was awful.. The introduction should have started by saying that the author's credibility is dubious at best and then move to thethe content of the book...The show focused on the lack of credibility. Why have him on if you are going to demean and disjoint him? :(:mad::frown:

I may not be in the right thread as this is my first posting... The show was awful.. The introduction should have started by saying that the author's credibility is dubious at best and then move to thethe content of the book...The show focused on the lack of credibility. Why have him on if you are going to demean and disjoint him? :(:mad::frown:
We allow the guest freeedom to determine the direction of the show by the nature of the responses. We aren't going to prejudge. Our conclusion was based in large part on his responses. There is no way to predict that with someone who is a largely unknown commodity.

When I listened to the show, I did it in two parts. Early on, I thought the editor said that any money was going to a charity he was involved in starting a couple of years ago. Later, he hadn't mentioned the charity anywhere because it had only just started and did not have a website. If it is a legit charitable 503c it at least has a registered name! I have not had time (or stomach) to go back and re-listen.

If I am remembering that correctly, then it bothers me more than any of the other crap thrown around... more than whether this is admitted to be fiction, whether Laozi is spelled right (there were many Romanization systems prior to the introduction of Pinyin in '58), more than ranks, salaries or BC vs. BCE or anything else. He gave away the book here, so no one lost any money but I have problems with ANYONE claiming proceeds are going to charity without being able to state the charity involved. It seems to me that borders on criminal fraud! Even if there is a charity, the editor certainly seems to be opeining himself up to potential legal problems.

Daktari Impossible said:
This was a really sad case. I don't know what was worse--this poor devil's story or David Biedny's delight in destroying him. I think it was Paranormal Packrat who predicted, correctly as it turned out, that the hosts would spend two hours on the guy's authorship and hardly touch the text at all. Biedny ultimately asked why the guy came on the show. The question should have been put to him: why did you invite him? The reason is clear: to take an already embarrassing case and make it even more so. If Spencer was a masochist, what did that make Biedny? A sadist. This guy lives to humiliate people.
Do me a favor guys. You want to beat mentally challenged people up so you can feel like you are "credible" UFO guys, do so on your own time and not on mine. Thugs like you belong on the streets.

No, I don't think that was me that made that prediction. I bashed Lawrence and/or this whole alien interview BS though. I figured David and Gene would ask the questions I would have asked. I only listen to part of the show, since I couldn't stomach the guest. I liked how they handled it from what I heard.

Back