• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Aaron banned?

I totally agreed, but he really started to lose it there, and when I called him on it, he requested that his account be removed. It was easier to ban him.

dB

i get the impression he "burned his bridge's" at the end.
it happens to real bridges and metaphoric ones.

when a real bridge is burned its a waste of resources and does some damage to the local environment, but if the connection is valuable enough..... they can be rebuilt

Mr Biedny gave a detailed explaination in another thread

You all might notice that Aaron is not likely to be around here anymore, he posted a highly questionable thread earlier today, I PM'd him and told him I was going to take it down, and he completely freaked and told me to remove his account. I think he might have been wasted, and frankly, I don't appreciate some of these whacked-out posts. So I'm banning him, just putting this on here so anyone who might have wondered why he's banned, will have a better idea of why this is the case.

dB

the logic chain appears to be Aaron made some posts that were questionable in the owners eyes, the owner made mention of that , as is his right to, and Aaron flipped out and burned his bridges as he left.

but this forum has Mr Biedny's name on it, and the behaviour of the mods reflects on him. personally i think Aaron should have been more open to this facet of the situation, and instead as is perfectly typical of our kind, threw his "barriers" up to protect his feelings when David initially broached the subject. instead of being "receptive" to Davids concerns he became defensive, withdrawing to his side of the map and burning the bridge.

now this is perfectly normal behaviour for "humans" it happens to all of us, but those who pride themselves on critical thinking will either recognise it and not let it happen by defacto, or take steps after the event to recognise and correct it.
i think Mr Biedny had a valid point, and i think in the light of day Aaron see's it too. i think if Aaron thought about it he would see that it must have pained Mr Biedny to have even mentioned it in the first place.
his behaviour forced a choice on the owner and it cant have been pleasant to have been put in that situation. you cant fix what you dont acknowledge.

i myself have posted on forums after a Bacchanalian indulgence, and sometimes even regreted those posts, but im not a mod, i dont "represent" the company.

but even as a user, if the owner says please stop, then butthurt as i might be for being called to task, i would apoligise and correct myself

that just seems to me to be the right thing to do in that circumstance

Mr Biedny can come across as a hard assed SOB, and im almost expecting to get raked over the coals for not minding my own biz. yet im certain that if Aaron recognised where David was coming from, and said Sorry Mate.....
all would be forgiven

I msg'd Aaron on Facebook. Seems he is done with the Paracast.

He admitted he was wasted when he posted whatever he posted. (nothing new there, he used to admit that all the time:D)

I msg'd Aaron on Facebook. Seems he is done with the Paracast.

He admitted he was wasted when he posted whatever he posted. (nothing new there, he used to admit that all the time:D)

Aaron, in what I assume was a highly intoxicated state, put up a rather horrible post full of scatalogical references - it was heinous (and I say that personally having a fairly high threshold for such stuff). I sent him a message, telling him that I was deleting that message, and asked him to refrain from posting such material again, reminding him that he was indeed a moderator on these forums, and had a certain responsibility to be mature. He freaked out, and asked me to remove his account. I found his response unreasonable, and was concerned that he was coming a bit loose at the hinges. We liked Aaron enough to give him Mod status, but coming on here drunk and posting nasty, gratuitous craziness gave us little choice in how to handle the situation.

dB

Well, I haven't been here all that long, but I have felt welcomed into the family since I joined the forums 3 months ago, even though I can be rather outspoken, and less then humble at times.

I totally missed whatever happened with Aaron, sadly I actually have to do some work once in a while, so I can't comment on the specifics, but I can say his sense of humor will be missed. Obviously if David or Gene objected to something then they had good reason for it, hopefully though they can work out their issue as I think Aaron did bring a lot to this community.

I'm guessing that all of us could go back through our posts and find something we might wish we had not said, and considering some of the topics we get into, we all sometimes get a bit heated and hit submit before really thinking it over.

I just want to say that I have found that 99% of the posters here seem like very nice, fun, and intelligent people. Speaking for myself, I hope that none of you take anything I post as being personal. To be honest, The Paracast forums have quickly become my new favorite place to spend time on the net.

I like Aaron. But if someone as broad-minded as David found it unacceptable, he must have crossed the line. What a pity. Computers should have an inbuilt sensor that enables them to detect when a user is intoxicated, which, in turn, shuts down the internet connection until the user sobers up. I'm sure it would spare most of us a few blushes sometime during our online lives.

I like Aaron. But if someone as broad-minded as David found it unacceptable, he must have crossed the line. What a pity. Computers should have an inbuilt sensor that enables them to detect when a user is intoxicated, which, in turn, shuts down the internet connection until the user sobers up. I'm sure it would spare most of us a few blushes sometime during our online lives.

wouldnt be too hard to do, they already fit these to cars, why not keyboards.....

you havent filed a patent on this idea yet have you ?.....:D

This reminds me, I think it's a new feature of the Microsoft Live services, I think it was them, where they have an option in the menus so you can set a clock on your email services so that if you tend to drink it won't let you email anything between whatever hours you specify, hopefully saving you from any of those late night/early morning drunken emails you may send. I guess they could adapt the same breath machines that they install on automobiles of repeat drunk drivers and install them on home PCs.

I have indeed. Soon, all computers will be fitted with the DIPSO - Drunken Idiot Prevention (System Override).

I'd buy one.......
i suppose i could always get around it by walking to the nearest internet cafe if i was feeling really "enthusiastic". but at least the walk there would give me time to sober up and think about my response first.

these things could change the future...........

I haven't been in the community very long and in no way am I making a judgement about anyone. That said, I did notice that some of his comments or posts were somewhat "unusual" the last few days. I don't mean unusual in a paranormal sense, mainly a lot of references to how blotto he is or was and will be shortly. If he flipped when David contacted him, well, what is he supposed to do? Just my opinion.

I'd buy one.......
i suppose i could always get around it by walking to the nearest internet cafe if i was feeling really "enthusiastic". but at least the walk there would give me time to sober up and think about my response first.

these things could change the future...........

we need an adapter for the phone, and texting, too :p

as ive hinted at bridges can be rebuilt.

once a DMZ has been established a construction design is chosen, popular designs include those that span the gulf by simultanious construction from both sides.... meeting in the middle.

and from a topological pov new bridges are often better and stronger than the originals they replace.

Back