• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Troubling Observation About UFO Reality

If the gene harvesting notion has any merit it may be that they've waited for the population explosion of recent times to have the largest possible pool to draw upon; this process may take decades longer.
I don't buy it.

It takes us minutes now to map the genome. Human genetic variability isn't that high. Our DNA only stores about 700mb.

We'll have the ability to extrapolate and simulate it soon. Why wouldn't they?

It's just a math problem, and one brute force solves quite nicely.

Maybe they're just terrible at it.

Last edited:
Now this is interesting.

The 2.9 billion base pairs of the haploid human genome correspond to a maximum of about 725 megabytes of data, since every base pair can be coded by 2 bits. Since individual genomes vary by less than 1% from each other, they can be losslessly compressed to roughly 4 megabytes.
How much memory would be required to store human DNA?

4mb x 7 billion humans = about 30 billion mb.

That's only 30 petabytes. To store the DNA of every human alive.

Not really. You said, to quote: " everything that the aliens do exists only in the minds of witnesses and so how do we verify anything that they do?" I made the point that everything you think about the aliens exists only in your mind too, and we cannot verify that either, and that you have also projected your own expectations onto them the same way you have suggested that other witnesses or experiencers have projected theirs. I think anyone who studies the phenomena is bound to do that to some extent ( yours truly included ), so to deny that would only reveal a weakness in one's approach. But maybe we shouldn't get too hung-up on that point at this time.
I think it is important as I don't see how we can talk categorically about any of their actions when these actions come from witness experiences. Do we have a method to help define credibility of the story itself? We talk often about credibility of the witness but not about what they saw or experienced leaving ample room for abductee and contactee lore to become a supposedly credible subject of discussion in relation to the phenomenon. And before you know it they are sadistic sexual & medical torturers of the populace. Perhaps those stories have more to do with real life human to human experiences or past traumas of those witnesses.
Hey ... you said "repressed hooligan", not me ... lol. But seriously, from one repressed hooligan to another, I didn't go quite as far as putting words in your mouth as much as I made a comparison that implies a similar attitude, and I only did that to illustrate a point, not to level any personal criticism. But I'll still apologize if you felt a bit of a zing just so you know we're still on the same side in the bigger picture ( or at least I'd like to think we are ) :) .
no zing felt at all. We're all working on the same problem from different angles. I'm just interested in extracting some ideology out of the discussion, specifically the ETH one to see what remains when we look just at whatever might constitute data and see what can be assessed in these events.
Well, like I was saying: I like to include the full spectrum within an objective framework. So from an academic perspective, I organize the various facets of the phenomena in an encyclopedic manner and describe them with a minimum of editorializing, cataloging the elements under main headings that are broken down into sub-headings. My editorializing is done here, where the discussion is informal. If you'd like to contribute to the USI project, by all means send me a private message.
And I think that's an admirable approach. What have you learned from this organization of the stories aside from the commonality of experiences? Does it tell you more about the phenomenon or does it tell you something about how humans relate to strange stimulus and how it gets integrated into their own personal vision of reality as they know it?

... I'm just interested in extracting some ideology out of the discussion, specifically the ETH one to see what remains when we look just at whatever might constitute data and see what can be assessed in these events.
When you say "extract some ideology out of the discussion, specifically the ETH ..." you are saying that you are wanting to remove the ETH as a "belief system" as opposed to simply considering alternate possibilities. Is this what you intend? If so, I'm not sure what the point of the exercise is. Maybe you could help clear that up. In my mind there is a significant difference between tackling the issue from a belief system perspective and tackling it based on a more objective look at competing possibilities.
And I think that's an admirable approach. What have you learned from this organization of the stories aside from the commonality of experiences? Does it tell you more about the phenomenon or does it tell you something about how humans relate to strange stimulus and how it gets integrated into their own personal vision of reality as they know it?
What organizing the subject in an encyclopedic manner does for me is help to find and compare cases and ideas in a more effective manner. That is useful when attempting to answer specific questions. So to help answer your question, I'd suggest getting a copy of the Condon Report. It's an exhaustive look at everything that the objects in UFO reports might be other than alien craft. On how the UFO experience is integrated into people's worldviews, I'd suggest Abduction, by John Mack, and look for articles like this one: UFO's, Close Encounters, and the Cry for Meaning

Out of curiosity which contactee cases resonate with you and why? To claim contact is a profound space, right up there with getting messages from a burning bush. The cohort of abductees & contactees occupy a very unique space in Ufology. They fascinate me the most and I am always interested in how others receive these narratives and why or what credibility is given.
To me the Coyne case is solid as well as the case (I forget the gentleman's name) of the military plane flying from Iceland back to the US that had a close encounter. Just like the Coyne case, this object was close enough to see structure. I posted the interview with one of the pilots here before. I'd have to go look up again the guys name.

Trajanus probably think's this little "Knight of the Roundtable" alien/robot visitor that Ed Walters drew & claimed knocked on his front door is real as well;

breezebot.jpg

It's just a math problem, and one brute force solves quite nicely.

Maybe they're just terrible at it.

I don't necessarily buy gene harvesting as a genuine activity but maybe some are terrible at math. Occasional reports mention alien equipment familiar to us or even old. Maybe some are "challenged" or can't accomodate the latest in small scout craft.

To me the Coyne case is solid as well as the case ....Just like the Coyne case, this object was close enough to see structure.

Both witnesses were, ironically enough, lucky they didn't photograph it. Any resemblance to a known object would've sunk those cases, and totally undermined their credibility for you. :)

And before you know it they are sadistic sexual & medical torturers of the populace. Perhaps those stories have more to do with real life human to human experiences or past traumas of those witnesses.

Not all abductees feel that way about their experiences and investigators researched the witnesses. No way psychologists are unaware of the possibility like that, but it hasn't AFAIK resolved the issue.

Both witnesses were, ironically enough, lucky they didn't photograph it. Any resemblance to a known object would've sunk those cases, and totally undermined their credibility for you. :)
Being that I used to be an inflight photographer in the U.S. Navy, I can tell you that nothing would have appeared on any film taken at night time anyway. But if the military released the photo and it showed structure and/or showed an elliptical shaped craft with no wings or horizontal/vertical stabilizers - then no, I would not say the military was hoaxing the photo.

On the other hand, when a farmer from Orygun miraculously has the worlds only "real" flying saucer photo that happens to look exactly like a truck mirror that is also miraculously below telephone wires - then yeah, I don't believe that.

Once again;

Trent1b.jpg
mir7lgcu.jpg

But if the military released the photo and it showed structure and/or showed an elliptical shaped craft with no wings or horizontal/vertical stabilizers - then no, I would not say the military was hoaxing the photo.

In light of its policy, the military wouldn't have released good evidence. But what if Coyne, acting on his own, or a civilian who witnessed the incident, had shown a photo? Any resemblance to a known object and the whole case goes out the window....:)

that happens to look exactly like a truck mirror

No, NOT "exactly," as any careful observer can see. Btw another photo showing a craft like the McMinnville one was said to have been taken by a French military pilot.

Trent1b.jpg
mir7lgcu.jpg

I thought I'd elaborate a bit here, on the differences. Note that the thickness of the truck mirror tapers gradually from rear/center to edge. Whereas the McMinnville object doesn't; thickness remains the same until it abruptly tapers beginning about midway from center to edge. Also, the truck mirror has a noticeable thickening along its edge, intended to hold the actual mirror in place. No such effect is discernable in the McMinnville object.
These are obviously NOT the same objects. To assert the McMinnville object has been "proven" to be a truck mirror, based on the above, is absurd.
If a better match existed, if only a company blueprint, it would've been found by now. If, after SIXTY SIX YEARS, skeptics can't come up with anything better than this, that says a great deal...:)

Trent1b.jpg
mir7lgcu.jpg

I thought I'd elaborate a bit here, on the differences. Note that the thickness of the truck mirror tapers gradually from rear/center to edge. Whereas the McMinnville object doesn't; thickness remains the same until it abruptly tapers beginning about midway from center to edge. Also, the truck mirror has a noticeable thickening along its edge, intended to hold the actual mirror in place. No such effect is discernable in the McMinnville object.
These are obviously NOT the same objects. To assert the McMinnville object has been "proven" to be a truck mirror, based on the above, is absurd.
If a better match existed, if only a company blueprint, it would've been found by now. If, after SIXTY SIX YEARS, skeptics can't come up with anything better than this, that says a great deal...:)
To say that it's a truck mirror is "absurd"....lol. Ok, because nobody has ever faked a UFO photo/video from regular, every day objects right? NEWSFLASH; there's a guy named Eduard "Billy" Meier in Switzerland who pulled the wool over EVERYBODY's eye. Even fancy UFO-type investigators (guys in the same category as your leader; RUDIAK). Wendelle Stevens and all kinds of other folk believed it. They even ran the pictures through "the computer" and "the computer tells us the same thing as Meier; that it's a flying disc about 30 ft in diameter a couple hundred feet from the camera."

And guess what? It's an object about 12-24" in width hanging from fishing wire extremely close to the camera. And this guy with one arm burned EVERYBODY. He's used garbage can lids and other objects to construct a "beamship". So if Meier, with one arm, can fool everyone - so can a fellow from Orygun.

Bruce Maccabe has been burned several times as well. Sometimes these people are so smart (investigators and other "experts", that they can't get out of their own way so see what the photo/video really is). I feel sorry for you that you think the hoaxed McMinnville photo's show a real flying disc from another planet. But you're never going to change your mind so what's the point?

I would like to see your reaction if it were proven without a shadow of a doubt that it's a hoax. You'd be able to back peddle faster than Lance Armstrong could peddle forward.

To say that it's a truck mirror is "absurd" Ok, because nobody has ever faked a UFO photo/video from regular, every day objects right?

No because unlike in other cases, the object used to "hoax" McMinnville was never identified. I pointed out obvious differences between the truck mirror and the McMinnville object, and noted a better match remains unknown, even though an extant example wouldn't be necessary, just an old company blueprint.

And guess what? It's an object about 12-24" in width hanging from fishing wire extremely close to the camera. And this guy with one arm burned EVERYBODY. He's used garbage can lids and other objects to construct a "beamship". So if Meier, with one arm, can fool everyone - so can a fellow from Orygun.

Then why, after SIXTY SIX years, hasn't the McMinnville object been exactly matched to ANY prosaic object?? They found a model UFO in Meier's possession. Nothing like that with Trent. You CAN'T say McMinnville is a hoax, based on what you presented.

I would like to see your reaction if it were proven without a shadow of a doubt that it's a hoax.

Sure as you imply here, it HASN'T been really proven to be a hoax. :)

An alien craft capable of interstellar travel would not be able to use our ancient technology as a propulsion system.

Who says "ancient" technology was used for interstellar travel?? It could've been just a scout craft from a big mother ship utilizing far more advanced means. And of course they COULD use less advanced means if for some reason they chose.

No because unlike in other cases, the object used to "hoax" McMinnville was never identified. I pointed out obvious differences between the truck mirror and the McMinnville object, and noted a better match remains unknown, even though an extant example wouldn't be necessary, just an old company blueprint.

Then why, after SIXTY SIX years, hasn't the McMinnville object been exactly matched to ANY prosaic object?? They found a model UFO in Meier's possession. Nothing like that with Trent. You CAN'T say McMinnville is a hoax, based on what you presented.

Sure as you imply here, it HASN'T been really proven to be a hoax. :)
Yeah, that makes sense. Not. So if I hoaxed a UFO video and used an object that nobody could identify, than that means that it's a real flying saucer from another planet? LOL

Back