• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Special Performance and Security Upgrade!

It's a major DDoS (hacker) attack on the datacenter. They've been working on this all day, and it's not something that just stops. It's minimized, and things will get better. Sorry 'bout that. Our host says they are rushing through huge upgrades to reduce such happenstances.

this is like the one i had the other day but lost
IP's redacted

parahost.jpg

I'm curious: What was your solution?

Well Gene, between Chris's threat to ban me for having an opinion on Stanford, and the religious retards insistance my posts are a waste of bandwidth. Ive decided not to waste my time here anymore. Problem solved from this end.
The final straw was being told at a forum with a "personal experiences" section, that my experience which i simply presented, and made no claims about, was then dragged through the forums and used to suggest i was mentally deficient.
Why would anyone post a personal experience, only to be told by someone who insists a godman who could raise the dead is real, and then use said personal experience to make a case the poster was nuts.

Im looking for serious discussion about the UFO question, im not getting it here lately so i wont bother wasting my time

So long and thanks for all the fish .......;)

Well Gene, between Chris's threat to ban me for having an opinion on Stanford, and the religious retards insistance my posts are a waste of bandwidth. Ive decided not to waste my time here anymore. Problem solved from this end.
The final straw was being told at a forum with a "personal experiences" section, that my experience which i simply presented, and made no claims about, was then dragged through the forums and used to suggest i was mentally deficient.
Why would anyone post a personal experience, only to be told by someone who insists a godman who could raise the dead is real, and then use said personal experience to make a case the poster was nuts.

Im looking for serious discussion about the UFO question, im not getting it here lately so i wont bother wasting my time

If you feel someone insulted you unreasonably for reporting your experience, report that person and we'll look into it.

And, no, Chris DID NOT try to ban you for having an opinion about Stanford. It was for your behavior and insulting language. You need to draw a distinction.

But if you wish to leave, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If you feel someone insulted you unreasonably for reporting your experience, report that person and we'll look into it.

And, no, Chris DID NOT try to ban you for having an opinion about Stanford. It was for your behavior and insulting language. You need to draw a distinction.

But if you wish to leave, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And im confident anyone reading the Stanford thread can see the truth, that my bad behaviour and insulting language started AFTER he told me and others we were on thin ice.
For expressing an opinion and commentary on Stanford, that was more or less the consensus view.

As for the rest, when the inmates are running the asylum..... i'd be crazy to stay.
Ive had plenty of PM's here inviting me to share my outside of the box thinking at other sites.
There are plenty of retarded Xstian sites with UFO sections if i wanted to be told by superstitious throwbacks UFO's are not real, but god / jesus is

Its thats the calibre of discourse we can expect here....... you can keep it

Using insulting language isn't justified by blaming others for your bad behavior. You know our Terms of Service. It's up to you to follow them. Let's consider this discussion over.

We are all adults here (I'm still feeling like 18, but what the heck.)I like to think, 'bad behaviour...yeah well, I am an offender if it comes to expletives.
Reading those threads again, I think Mike has been civil, anyone complaining about any content in there probably went to the wrong forum.

Gotta disagree with you here ole friend. I have nothing personal against Mike. But, calling people who have faith retards and twits and telling a moderator to "stick it up his arse" is not civil. The thread got nasty and Mike didn't like the fact that there really is evidence that a Jewish Rabbi walked the earth and a religion is based on him that is now 2000 years old. Also, when you don't study a faith or a culture or a lanquage and yet you post link after link cursing and calling somebody else's holy scripture "bullshit" that isn't very civil either. I'm not a bible thumper. I do find some great wisdom in the bible as well as stuff that I simply don't believe. But, some of those examples are slug in ignorance of the culture and the lanquage it was written in. Some here absolutely hate religion. I get that! But that kind of venom is not justified. Mike is a very intelligent and passionate poster. I think he may be back. But, if I were the co host of a podcast and you told me to stick it up my arse in a public forum. Well, you can't have that and have any kind of civil discoure. I don't know maybe I'm looking at it wrong. To me it seems clear but others seem to see it differently. I always thought calling folks twits and yelling bullshit was rude.

Peace.
Steve

I had the same prob in the UK last few days. Cloudflare reported either the server was down etc and that the home page was sometimes cached or not. If it happens again I will grab a screenshot - been having problems with broadband here anyway so needed to fix that before worrying about anything else. Looking at the screen shot from Mike above from memory it was exactly the same. I'm on PC with windows 7 and google chrome.
Seems fine last 24 hours or so.

mike - your minimised window at bottom of screen shot - 'Infected Mushroo.....' You have allowed your mushrooms to become infected? How careless and thoughtless of you! (but really, anything interesting?)

It is rude.I think or rather hope it serves as a wake up call for some.

I use swearing in my day to day life. Telling a close friend to 'F*** off' with a smile is of course very different than saying a milder word but meaning it.

I am not against any word whatsoever, context, context. But actually calling any member or host anything derogatory is a little below a line of civility that I like to see in here. Of course, people can post almost as quickly as they think and I imagine we've all written something and wished we could change it later - bit like George Lucas and the orginial Star Wars films.

Han shot first though, no question. Sorry Mr Lucas.

Fuck that Mike - stay!

Back