• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A film "heads up"

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
If you are here on The Paracast, it is a given you have an interest in paranormal/UFO phenomena. I am about to tell you about a very interesting film that I lucked on to.

This past weekend I watched a film titled "The Objective." I got it because it looked like a military adventure film that takes place in Afghanistan. The plot involved a CIA officer and a Special Forces Recon team looking for a tribal "holy man" that the CIA officer had known a number of years previously. This film takes place very shortly after the events of 9/11/01 and CIA satellites detected what appeared to be a cache of nuclear material perhaps acquired by Islamic terrorists. The cover story told to the Special Forces troopers was that this holy man had information on the nuclear material but he was hiding from the Taliban fighters. They take off into the wild bush to track him down.

I was "hooked" by the plot and as I settled in with my popcorn I never expected what happened next. After an ambush where one Special Forces man was killed and the soldiers returned fire at the Islamic fighters, killing serveral, the troopers discover when they check .. no bodies are found. But wait, there is more .... The truck that they are using was damaged, causing frequent stops so the radiator does not overheat. The sun has set, causing the men to go to their night vision equip. and they see what they think is another truck or vehicle approaching them. Not knowing what to expect ... they get ready to defend themselves. Well, the two headlights approaching suddenly shoot up in the sky ... each light zooming off in a different direction. Scratching their heads ... they have a real WTF moment. But that was only the beginning of this excursion into what becomes horror.

Directed by Daniel Myrick of Blair Witch fame ... (which I did not know at the time), he does IMHO, a fantastic job of ratcheting up the chill and Oh Shit! factor. I found the experience of watching this worth my time and will re-watch it again. All I will say at this point on why I think you all may find this relevant is one word .... vimanas. Vimanas is the key here ... and the CIA knew this before hand and went to great lengths to keep that secret.

So, want to tickle your chill factor? Rent a copy of The Objective and then I would be interested in what you all think.

Decker

Last edited:
I saw it last night, and enjoyed it. I agree that the ending was a bit too indecipherable. But I will praise mr decker for recommending it. I would never have seen it, otherwise. It's Netflix description is very off the mark.

I caught the "man in a comet" painting and the "little gold spaceship" from real UFO lore, but even after rewinding several times to make sure he was saying what I thought, I just don't get it.

Don't wanna post any spoilers, but once we all have seen it I have some questions about how to interpret things.

I like "alien abduction" too. It was less ambitious but better executed.

In any case I again thank don for suggestin this flick.

What I most enjoyed with this film is the creeping sense of "doom" one feels while watching the movie. If done correctly, at least for me, this makes the film that much more enjoyable. I agree that the ending was somewhat obtuse but enjoyable anyway. I am glad that some of you also found this worthwhile.

Decker

Don, I really like your film reviews/recommendations. do you have any other films in this genre that you would recommend? thanks

I'll be checking this one out!

There's some hidden gems on Netflix. Add Resolution and Absentia to your list.

Resolution is about a friend who tries to help a junkie friend get clean in a remote cabin. UFO cultists, drug dealers, snuff films, mental patients, drug use, and creepy mysticism all play a role. The film keeps you guessing, while slowly ratcheting up the tension. It was great.

Absentia starts out as a ghost story... But quickly turns into something completely unexpected. It's about missing people, missing time, and what lurks beneath the surface of our world.

Don, I really like your film reviews/recommendations. do you have any other films in this genre that you would recommend? thanks

In light of finding what I thought was a bit of a gem in "The Objective" I scanned a bunch of flicks on Netflix. One that kept catching my eye was a film called "Alien Origin" so last eve I decided to watch it. It was billed as one of those "found film" movies and concerned a Special Forces teams in Belize that had an American woman journalists on an operation ... and of course they end up "bumping" into an ET. The movie was dull, boring and almost unwatchable. Nope, I would not recommend this one ... even if it was one of the very last flicks available. (Well, maybe IF it was the last flick available and the world was ending in two hours ... okay.)

So, the search continues on ... and if I find another "good one" I will let you all know.

Decker

Don, yes please keep sharing your picks with us. Some of the best stuff out there is indie if one can separate out the crap from the candy.

You might check out the movie "Dead Man" with Johnny Depp as the walking dead man and Gary Farmer as his quasi-crazy Indian shaman. Nothing about ET, but it has a definitely paranormal bent and it's a masterpiece.

-------------------

Last edited:
Back