• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

4/1/2012 Chris Lambright and Ray Stanford

If you have something to show then show it and let us decide! It seems that this happens so much where someone says they have a great pic or footage but doesnt want to show it because it will be twisted by the internet or the govenrment or some other group but when it comes down to it the truth is the truth and if it truly is something amazing then let us have it.In a field that gets muddled with so much BS it would be great to have some evidence to show people that cant be dismissed.I dont mean to sound harsh but great proof is so hard to find in the field of Ufology and we need all that we can get to push this subject forward instead of taking one step forward and two steps back year after year.

Chris or Gene,

I've listened to the Ray Stanford interviews on The Paracast and Radio Misterioso a couple of times in the past and have often wondered how Ray was able to amass so much evidence, especially the daytime footage? I know that his observation skills are obviously above average, but if Ray can do it, it can be done again. In the interviews I don't recall him delving to deeply into the techniques he used over the years to capture this stuff (i can understand steering the interview away from anything too technical), but I would love to know how this evidence was gathered? I mean, if someone wants to start trying to record things like daytime sightings for themselves, where to begin? Spending ridiculous amounts of time looking at the sky? Walking around with a camera all the time like Ray? What specific equipment/instruments would one need (in Ray's opinion) to get started? I know Project Starlight was geared towards this, but can it be done on a smaller scale with technologies available to the consumer these days? If Ray isn't ready to release all his stuff yet, it would be really cool to educate those who would like to know how accomplish these things themselves.

Would Ray Stanford really ever entertain the idea of having a regular guy who has not made a contribution to the the UFO field over to his house for the presentation? I have had an interest in this subject for 25 years, but do not have any scientific credentials of any kind. Seriously, does Ray really have time to show people this stuff, even if they were prepared to make the journey to his home (I would)?

With Ray getting on in years I hope this stuff sees the light of day a some point, or arrangements are made so that it gets into the right hands in the event that he passes on. Great interview, I think Ray Stanford should be a guest on a regular basis.

Would Ray Stanford really ever entertain the idea of having a regular guy who has not made a contribution to the the UFO field over to his house for the presentation? I have had an interest in this subject for 25 years, but do not have any scientific credentials of any kind. Seriously, does Ray really have time to show people this stuff, even if they were prepared to make the journey to his home (I would)?

Yes he does, you should.

I saw this slide show piece today on Stanford in the Washington Post Magazine and though not directly related to UFOs, thought the group might find of interest. The quoted captions on the right of each slide illustrate what he has done (in his hobby time) in the paleontological community.

“Ray has footprints of dinosaurs we don’t have bones for yet,” said Matthew Carrano, curator of dinosauria at the Smithsonian Institution. “We learned more about these animals than we had in 150 years.”

Hopefully this will help put a face on the man.

Tracking Maryland's dinosaurs - The Washington Post

Yes he does, you should.

I saw this slide show piece today on Stanford in the Washington Post Magazine and though not directly related to UFOs, thought the group might find of interest. The quoted captions on the right of each slide illustrate what he has done (in his hobby time) in the paleontological community.

“Ray has footprints of dinosaurs we don’t have bones for yet,” said Matthew Carrano, curator of dinosauria at the Smithsonian Institution. “We learned more about these animals than we had in 150 years.”

Hopefully this will help put a face on the man.

Tracking Maryland's dinosaurs - The Washington Post
Thanks for the presentation. It was neat seeing the decor in his home. I must say that when I see how credible and established Ray is in paleontology I lean towards giving him the benefit of the doubt in other areas of research. He's got a good track record.

As the days have gone by since the show with Ray and Chris, I've become far more sympathetic to Ray's point of view regarding his evidence.
Because he is so serious about the science I think he might wish to complete a certain amount of work regarding the hard science related to how some actual UFOs fly and do not behave as our aircraft do.
If he comes up with good evidence of novel propulsion etc with science to back it up along with the agreement of a 3rd party disinterested scientist(s) - then when he does make his evidence public it will be all the harder for the naysayers to dismiss his pictures as whatever is the 'debunk excuse of the day'.

So many videos and pictures have been dismissed outright by the debunking crowd perhaps Ray is adamant his evidence will have more to back it up when it comes out in the first place. It is like he is arming himself with ammunition against the debunkers before coming under their inevitable attack.
When I look at it all this way, I totally get Ray's attitude now. Because of his age, he is going to have to bite the bullet sometime soon anyway, especially as he wants to be there to explain what he thinks is going on in the evidence.

Chris (O'Brien) hinted on a show after that he had a feeling something may be happening in the Stanford camp sooner rather than later. I am absolutely one of those people who are a bit crazy with anticipation but it should not be too long before we see something.

It might even be the case that in hindsight, we will all applaud Ray's approach because he may be the first person to have some real hard scientific evidence coming out at the same time as the release of the evidence. To my knowledge, I've not seen UFO evidence worked on and released in this sequence. Usually, the pictures come straight out and the analysis is done amidst all the shouting and praising and gets lost in the mix.

This may actually be a good approach to serious ufology and I think I will now reserve judgement on Ray until he brings it all out on his own timetable, as hard as it is to wait in that way.
I don't think I've had to weigh up such a unique circumstance myself before and it's been a few weeks in the making (my attitude to his reticence) so I hope it will indeed be worth the wait. The trick now is to just try and forget the whole thing until such time as we are actually faced with it!;)

As the days have gone by since the show with Ray and Chris, I've become far more sympathetic to Ray's point of view regarding his evidence.
Because he is so serious about the science I think he might wish to complete a certain amount of work regarding the hard science related to how some actual UFOs fly and do not behave as our aircraft do.
If he comes up with good evidence of novel propulsion etc with science to back it up along with the agreement of a 3rd party disinterested scientist(s) - then when he does make his evidence public it will be all the harder for the naysayers to dismiss his pictures as whatever is the 'debunk excuse of the day'.

So many videos and pictures have been dismissed outright by the debunking crowd perhaps Ray is adamant his evidence will have more to back it up when it comes out in the first place. It is like he is arming himself with ammunition against the debunkers before coming under their inevitable attack.
When I look at it all this way, I totally get Ray's attitude now. Because of his age, he is going to have to bite the bullet sometime soon anyway, especially as he wants to be there to explain what he thinks is going on in the evidence.

Chris (O'Brien) hinted on a show after that he had a feeling something may be happening in the Stanford camp sooner rather than later. I am absolutely one of those people who are a bit crazy with anticipation but it should not be too long before we see something.

It might even be the case that in hindsight, we will all applaud Ray's approach because he may be the first person to have some real hard scientific evidence coming out at the same time as the release of the evidence. To my knowledge, I've not seen UFO evidence worked on and released in this sequence. Usually, the pictures come straight out and the analysis is done amidst all the shouting and praising and gets lost in the mix.

This may actually be a good approach to serious ufology and I think I will now reserve judgement on Ray until he brings it all out on his own timetable, as hard as it is to wait in that way.
I don't think I've had to weigh up such a unique circumstance myself before and it's been a few weeks in the making (my attitude to his reticence) so I hope it will indeed be worth the wait. The trick now is to just try and forget the whole thing until such time as we are actually faced with it!;)
I agree sometimes it just gets frustrating when people say they have amazing evidence and dont show it but i can understand where he is coming from.

+1 on change of heart. I was really excited after the show and I just wanted MORE, like a fat cat. My analogy about Keebler elves was a sad attempt to use humor to express frustration. If I stop and think about it what I really should have said was... I'm disappointed. I want to see more and I can't so I'm disappointed. I definitely didn't mean to come across like a member of an angry mob clutching my rake and marching through town to go lynch Ray because he won't give me want I want.

Thanks Chris and Gene for a really cool episode of the show. I listened to this one multiple times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Now can we somehow shift this thread to start talking about Jesus? Thanks.

Well the parallels are certainly there, lots of claims, no evidence :D

So you have to take it on faith that its true.

Personally i stand by my opinion ray cannot turn water into wine;)

I'm really excited for Ray! It is quite an honor to be the subject of a featured cover article in the WP. Tracking Maryland's dinosaurs - The Washington Post
I know, you've heard it many times before, but IMHO his level of observational acuity and analytical prowess is one in a billion. Water into wine? Sure, he can single-handedly transform East Coast dinosaur palentology... does that count? He can identify dino tracks that hundreds of thousands of people have failed to recognize and this work has led to a paper co-authored w/one of the world's leading dino paleontologists and inclusion into the permanent collection of the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. That should count as well. If he can identify and collect more dino tracks than any other human, I think you should should cut him some slack and wait patiently for the results of his true passion---AAOs Anomalous Aerial Object science and study. You will not be disappointed and that's a promise!

My 2 cents worth:

How can anyone claim to have the smoking gun indefinitely tucked away somewhere without generating controversy that eventually goes sour? This is not a judgement on my part regarding the evidence or of Mr. Stanford's character. It's more like Human Psychology 101.

No it was a joke. Tongue in cheek, in light of the secular vs non-secular verbal wars of late in other threads.

I've been a listener for quite some time, never really felt compelled to join the forums before listening to this episode. I want to start out by saying that I'm not making any judgements as to whether or not Ray Stanford is telling the truth or not, I tend to take people at their word until they've shown that their word cannot be trusted. I'd love to see his video evidence, however, it is his evidence and he can do with it as he pleases. My question or point is more for the hosts of this show.

The question is this: Why the double standard? Let me explain. They have Jeff Peckman and I assume by association Stan Romanek listed in their UFO hall of shame, because of Jeff's past shady dealings involving a product called the Metatron Harmonizer or whatever. Yet after reading this entire thread it seems that Ray Stanford has been involved in the same type of shady dealings as Mr. Peckman yet he's not listed. Why the double standard? These guys crapped all over Romanek case simply because Jeff Peckman was involved and he's had shady dealings in the past involving stupid new age products so they assume that he's full of crap, yet so has Ray Stanford, but he's given the benefit of the doubt? Why? I don't really presume to judge either case, Romanek has some interesting aspects of his case like the equations but could be completely full of crap yet to include him in your hall of shame without having proved he's full of crap, simply because he's involved with Jeff Peckman doesn't make sense to me unless you're willing to hold everyone to the same standard.

Seems to me like there's a double standard here, if you're pals or related to the hosts you can come on and present 0 evidence and not get called on your sh*t, but if you're not, you get torn apart and thrown in the UFO hall of shame even though they haven't really managed to debunk one single aspect of your case, all it says in the hall of shame entry is there are inconsistencies even though they don't point any of them out. Most of the entry talks about Peckman and not Romanek other than some background about his case. I don't have any stake in who does or does not go in the hall of shame I just wanted to point out that when you claim to hold everyone to the same high standard of evidence, and in reality do not, why should anyone take your judgements seriously as to who is and who isn't telling the truth? I know I'll be taking the hosts judgements with a grain of salt in the future, which is a shame because I agree with most of their views on the subject and up to this episode was somewhat impressed with how they handled their guests and reserved making final judgements on people without having proof of a hoax or something like that, but then I found this forum and the hall of shame. Oh well.

Factual error: We DO NOT presently run the ufowatchdog.com - Home of the undisputed investigation exposing Sean David Morton site, which means we have no control over what they present. In saying that, the Romanek/Peckman association has long been questionable. At the same time, Stanford has gotten real scientific acclaim for his work as an amateur paleontologist. He did some wacky things early on, but his work has been far more consistent in his later years.

Back