• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

10 QUESTIONS for "experiencers"

Same here. Never anything personally. The closest would be hearing directly from someone reliable who had the experience.

Oh no, I've had experiences just nothing I would consider severe enough to qualify me as an "experiencer". I tend assume an occaisional blip in what we consider everyday reality is fairly normal but then again my definition of "normal" may be off...

Interesting thread. Out of curiosity, what percentage of 'experiencers' have third party confirmation of at least one or two of their observations (e.g., third parties also recall seeing a UFO up close, husband/wife clearly recall seeing a blue light in the bedroom in the night, child missing from the crib). I recognize that this is ancedotal, but my impression having watched Touched with John Mack is that third party verification is somewhat rare (even for one incident in a lifetime of incidents). This may be a false impression (?), but I am keen to get a better grasp of this.

Personally, nothing strange has happened to me outside of: (i) a few odd dreams, and (ii) the lights in the master bedroom in our house in New York going on/off on their own a few times.

Thanks in advance!

Hi folks,

I rather not answer those questions. However, during my earlychildhood I lived next to a airforce matinence base and was to exeprince a number of creatures which resembled cartoon charachters which led me to the fields in the airforce base. The beings actualy changed form and proceed to interact in games with blocks, books etc. These beings have come in all sorts of features but the most scary one has been the shadow type who seem to get pleasure in growling close to you face. Furthermore, snake skin creatures (operators) which can move in and out of dimensional worlds while the experincer is awake and not on any substance says to me we are entering a higher levels of contact this year.

In addition, having been around family military envioriment it seems that these beings have a connection to experincer events in history .

CIAO,
blowfish

Interesting thread. Out of curiosity, what percentage of 'experiencers' have third party confirmation of at least one or two of their observations (e.g., third parties also recall seeing a UFO up close, husband/wife clearly recall seeing a blue light in the bedroom in the night, child missing from the crib). I recognize that this is ancedotal, but my impression having watched Touched with John Mack is that third party verification is somewhat rare (even for one incident in a lifetime of incidents). This may be a false impression (?), but I am keen to get a better grasp of this.
Sure I've had other people who witnessed the same thing. In the late eighties I let a friend out the door and (impolitely) yawned and stretched myself. When I looked up there was a UFO in the sky (3 lights shaped like a triangle) and I said to my friend; 'do you see that?' He replied 'indeed' and then got really scared - refusing to look at it anymore.
New Years Eve 2006, just after 12 o'clock, a small orange glowing disc - pitch black in the center - came flying right over my head at 20 meters (70 feet). Had my sister in law and nephew standing right beside me. My nephew even made me aware of the object and he said there were 2 similar objects and that one disappeared (before I saw the remaining one).
Had another sighting around 1990 although not with direct witnesses. In the evening when I went into the city center there was a bright pink light in the distance illuminating the clouds. Next day in the local paper there was an article describing how people saw a pink triangle UFO south of the town at the exact same time and place when I saw it.

Interesting thread. Out of curiosity, what percentage of 'experiencers' have third party confirmation of at least one or two of their observations

Great question. I have two others. What percentage of experiencers witnessed more than one event in their lifetime? If there has been more than one does it seems that it was a random event in that they were just in the right place at the right time to experience it (or maybe the wrong place at the wrong time depending on your point of view)?

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

On another note, I wonder what percentage of the general public feel they have witnessed some sort of paranormal event in their lifetime?

jkoci;83052]Great question. I have two others. What percentage of experiencers witnessed more than one event in their lifetime?

I have had multiple, intense experiences ranging from ghostly, to time anomalies, to UFO's...many with witnesses present.

If there has been more than one does it seems that it was a random event in that they were just in the right place at the right time

There is a sense of internal connection to external events that is difficult to describe.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Great question. I have two others. What percentage of experiencers witnessed more than one event in their lifetime?

I have had multiple, intense experiences ranging from ghostly, to time anomalies, to UFO's...many with witnesses present.

If there has been more than one does it seems that it was a random event in that they were just in the right place at the right time

There is a sense of internal connection to external events that is difficult to describe.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

This is why I have lost interest in the ramblings of the Nuts and Bolts crowd. I believe, and It just my Opinion. Paranormal manifestations and UFO'S are not separate from one another.

I beginning to think we see this things for a reason. It is not because we are Special to everyone else who hasn't see anything usual. But there must be some reason for why some individuals see things and others don't. My view is entirely logical considering the evidence.

Just to clarify my point. If you See a UFO in the sky once or twice. You witnessed those UFO's because, You just happened to be in the Right place to see it.
But if you experience numerous paranormal events during your lifetime. There is a possibility, It wasn't random at all.

if you experience numerous paranormal events during your lifetime. There is a possibility, It wasn't random at all.

I have had loads of paranormal experiences my whole life (mostly ghost-ey... and thats being very vague) and then back in 08 I saw a UFO. I still haven't seen another one since, but I had never related it to my other experiences. I just thought I was some kinda freak who happened to have all of these other experiences and then I also just happened to see a UFO too (as if my friends couldn't think I'm looney enough haha). I had never really thought about it is as more than random, but maybe your right, maybe it wasn't random at all. That is kind of interesting to think about. Especially since when I saw the UFO, there were other drivers who didn't stop or act like they saw anything. I was the only one reacting. So many people go through their lives without experiencing anything odd like that and here I have experienced multiple things. Maybe some people have brains that are just wired to see this shit or maybe some people are just meant to be experiencers. I do know if people haven't been in the past and they are around me too much, they soon will be (like my husband). I just seem to attract all sorts of strange. My grandma teases me and says the only thing left for me is to wake up one morning to find bigfoot rummaging through my trash.

T E N Q U E S T I O N S :
=================

1. Are you Male or Female?

MALE

2. What's your Age?

3. What is your educational background?

COLLEGE B.A.

4. Are you a creative type?

YES

5. Do you have any history of depression?

YES

6. Have you ever felt inexplicability "compelled" to examine, pursue or come forward with something associated with this weirdness?

YES. ABOUT FOUR YEARS AGO I FELT MYSELF SOMEHOW BEING MORE DRAWN TO SPIRITUALITY, NATURE, ETC. THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY NOT IN MY NATURE (TO DATE) OR MY UPBRINGING (VEHEMENTLY ANTI-RELIGIOUS FAMILY). CASE IN POINT: I RUN/WALK STEEP STAIRS EVERYDAY FOR MY WORKOUT, AND SEVERAL YEARS AGO I FOUND MYSELF STOPPING AND HOLDING MY ARMS OUTSTRETCHED TO THE SKY, AS IF SOAKING UP THE ENERGY, ALMOST AS IF IT WAS SOME FORM OF RUDIMENTARY COMMUNICATION WITH SOMETHING I DIDN'T BELIEVE IN...

7. This may be a tricky one to answer, but here goes: Success in our society can be rated in multiple ways, and this question may seem shallow, but it pertains (basically) to career and income. Given your intellect and your life skills, are you MORE or LESS successful than, perhaps, you should be?

WELL, I OWNED (WITH TWO PARTNERS) AN ADVERTISING AGENCY, WHICH I HATED. SO I SOLD MY SHARE AND WENT BASICALLY FROM MAKING A LOT OF MONEY TO VIRTUALLY NONE, THOUGH I'M NOW I FEEL AS THOUGH I HAVE MY FREEDOM, WHICH IS PRICELESS. STILL, PART OF ME FEELS LIKE I'M A FAILURE BECAUSE SO MANY OF MY FRIENDS MAKE A LOT OF MONEY, ETC.

8. Someone completely uninvolved with this weirdness would be a 1, and Whitley Strieber (if he is to be believed) would be a 10. On this scale of 1 thru 10, what number best describes you?

9. Have you always considered yourself as an "experiencer" or did you come to realize it at some point recently?

ONLY RECENTLY DID I BECOME AWARE THAT THE TERM EVEN EXISTED.

10. Concerning the question above, if you realized it recently, when?

BUT WHEN I READ JOHN MACK'S BOOKS I NEARLY JUMPED OUT OF MY CHAIR SEVERAL TIMES, AS HIS SUBJECTS DESCRIBED THINGS ALMOST EXACTLY AS I HAD EXPERIENCED THEM. I THEN BEGAN TO THINK ABOUT "EXPERIENCES" AND SIGHTINGS I'VE HAD (MANY OF WHICH HAD OTHER WITNESSES).

LATELY I'VE HAD THESE ODD SLIVERS OF MEMORIES COME SLIPPING THROUGH THE CRACKS IN MY CONSCIOUSNESS. MANY SEEM TO INVOLVE OTHER BEINGS, FLYING OVER PLACES I RECOGNIZE BUT NEVER FLEW OVER BEFORE, ETC.

Just to clarify my point. If you See a UFO in the sky once or twice. You witnessed those UFO's because, You just happened to be in the Right place to see it. But if you experience numerous paranormal events during your lifetime. There is a possibility, It wasn't random at all.

That is my impression too. Are certain individuals "targets" for the phenomena or do they have the "capacity" to be able to witness these events more often than most people?

That is my impression too. Are certain individuals "targets" for the phenomena or do they have the "capacity" to be able to witness these events more often than most people?

Some people seem to experience the paranormal more than others. There has to be a reason for that in my opinion. However remember UFO'S have appeared in our skies before and those UFO's seen on those occasions have been witnessed by hundreds of eyewitnesses . I doubt the UFO WAS Specifically targeting you, if you happened to be one of the people who saw the UFO. That would be unreal if true.

For me the person who has more than four or five paranormal encounters, and has had visits from ghosts and weird beings. Then in my opinion. You remove this person, from the idea this person was in the right place at the right time. He or her is seeing this stuff for a reason. It not egotistical to have the viewpoint in my opinion. It is a view based on logic.

Based upon people's accounts all along the paranormal spectrum, it does appear that some people are wired differently -- or have more sensitive antenae -- than others. And pointing to David's story from this past episode, as well as numerous UFO encounters, it does appear that this phenonemum is oftentimes able to detect if specific humans are able to perceive them.

I recently read William Buhlman's book, Adventures Beyond the Body. Like the founders of the Monroe Institute, Buhlman has learned to detach his consciousness from his physical body. He describes a 'multidimensional universe' in which every nook and cranny is populated by life or sentience. I personally suspect that ghosts, UFOs and other paranormal phenomenum are these sentient entities gaining access to our dimensions, however briefly, or the results of people who are properly wired picking up on their presence or existence. There is probably 'proper' science behind it all which we just don't understand, so we call it paranormal or mysticism. Some like the physicist Amit Goswami argue that consciousness or sentience is in fact fundamental, with he physical world around us being derivative, or the results of possibility waves being actualized, allowing us to gain material experience.

What causes concern, however, are the results of Budd Hopkins and David Jacobs' research, if the results are properly interpreted (the work of individuals like Carpenter, the recent guest, is consistent evidently). If we believe them, then some of these entities from other dimensions are trying to gain a more permanent presence in this physical world through breeding or genetic engineering. There truly do seem to be a substantial number of cases of abductions, many with third party confirmation (my question above). And as Buhlman and others point out, while these sentient entities from other dimensions tend to be benign, they are not necessarily uniformly so. This leads you right back to some of the Biblical verses which we are all aware of.

I personally have not grasped the full import of DMT. It appears to sensitize us temporarily so perceive certain dimensions or reality frames. Perhaps these 'mechanized elves' that McKenna described are sentient beings we encounter there, but are they just messing with us for fun, as a portion of the whole paranormal phenomena appears to be? Very little of the paranormal appears designed to assist us in any meaningful way -- just read the results to the questions above.

OK, wow. As I read through these questions, with each one I basically said "holy shit" louder and louder. I won't discuss my experiences but I feel compelled to answer these questions. Maybe it will be a little cathartic?

T E N Q U E S T I O N S : =================

-Male

2. What's your Age?

-College dropout

-Musician since age 4, sound designer and graphic artist for a living

-I've been in a dark place a fair number of times in my life

6. Have you ever felt inexplicability "compelled" to examine, pursue or come forward with something associated with this weirdness?
-Yes, to examine. I told my story once, to a friend and under promise of anonymity, and he published it in a local paper with my real name attached. Not really friends anymore. I am increasingly compelled to begin serious research on the topic lately.

7. This may be a tricky one to answer, but here goes: Success in our society can be rated in multiple ways, and this question may seem shallow, but it pertains (basically) to career and income. Given your intellect and your life skills, are you MORE or LESS successful than, perhaps, you should be?
-Less. And fully aware of it and incredibly frustrated by it at all times. People close to me can't understand it either.

8. Someone completely uninvolved with this weirdness would be a 1, and Whitley Strieber (if he is to be believed) would be a 10. On this scale of 1 thru 10, what number best describes you?
-3? It's all personal research and never really discussed with anyone else.

9. Have you always considered yourself as an "experiencer" or did you come to realize it at some point recently?
-No, and I still don't think I really consider myself one. Up until recently I've just thought of myself as being in the right (or wrong) place at the wrong (or right) time. For the record, I've only had two experiences; one when i was 12 and one in about 2005 or so. Didn't take much away from them other than wonderment.

-I don't know if I'm an "experiencer", per se, but I have always had an internal feeling of purpose, whether it's related or not I don't know. Why? My mother was married to another man long before she met my father and he died on their wedding night (there's more to that story involving my mother being told about it ahead of time but I won't go into that now). I drowned when I was 11 years old and survived. I was in what would have been a fatal car wreck where I was compelled to put on my seatbelt (obviously I should have had it on anyway) literally a second before it happened and it saved my life. That could all be dumb luck, very well may be. But I've always felt otherwise, and not for personal gratification, just as a matter of fact feeling. But going back to #7; If there is some purpose for me then perhaps my "success" levels are not due to lack of effort etc, but perhaps I've been on the wrong path? Good questions and I'd like to hear more about where they came from. Paranormal or not, it's a great social studies project.

Reply to patashnik:
============
You should feel open to sharing your experiences under the pseudonym of "patashnik" (Unless that's your real name)

Also - those 10 questions are all from me, and my personal checklist (I was the first post). I wanna add number 11: Are you a dog or a cat person.

Male.

2. What's your Age?

High school dropout.

Very much so.

Yes.

Cant say I've ever felt "compelled" more like feeling a need to. In the hope of finding out why I exist at all.

Definitely LESS, and less and less and less.

I wouldn't say "experiencer" Mike, more like sufferer.

I realised at the age of 9.

11: Are you a dog or a cat person.

Cat.

Dusty, I put the term "experiencer" in quotes on purpose. There is no vocabulary word that seems to fit the weirdness. And thanks for your reply to question 11.

The affirmative answers to these questions seems to fall in line with the general characteristics of "right brainers", creative types. Depression, lack of "normal" careers, preferring cats over dogs. :) I think the meat of these questions orbits around the answer to that one; Are you the creative type?

I'd be curious to know how many are left-handed as well, as that is a very common trait amongst artistic folks. I myself am a righty.

And I prefer cats too.

*EDIT: These are obviously gross generalizations I'm making, but stereotypes often do exist for a reason. Maybe I better to say those are typical traits of many "extreme" right brainers? Just making it clear that I understand there are plenty of happy, well-adjusted artists in the world. I personally don't know many but that's beside the point. :p

I'd be curious to know how many are left-handed as well, as that is a very common trait amongst artistic folks. I myself am a righty.

And I prefer cats too.
I'm a lefty and an artist and I like both cats and dogs.

Dusty, I put the term "experiencer" in quotes on purpose. There is no vocabulary word that seems to fit the weirdness. And thanks for your reply to question 11.

Are we talking talking specifically to UFO experiences though? If not, then I've got others starting from very early childhood. Thought we were talking only UFO stuff for some reason.

Part of me can totally rationalize certain "types" of people being more sensitive to certain phenomena than others. For whatever reason, the phenomena I envision when saying that is of the psychic variety, be it seeing "ghosts" or reading the future or past. But not UFOs. That said, I have no rationalization for thinking one is possible over the other.

For a long time I thought of the UFO thing as "nuts and bolts" but that concept is dying for me more and more. So assuming it comes down to be "wired" for it or not; Is that wire of pure science? Simply an additional energy source that we haven't officially discovered yet? Or is it something more spiritual? Maybe both.

Maybe that intangible spiritual thing that humans have been seeking for eternity through religion is actually just a kind of energy we're yet to take control of. The whole theory of the human race really not being able to handle the truth because it would topple the world's oldest religious beliefs is something I'm giving a lot of thought to lately. The wiring, etc.

Also - those 10 questions are all from me, and my personal checklist (I was the first post). I wanna add number 11: Are you a dog or a cat person.

As strange as this may sound...I'm a dog person but cats find me irresistable. Further I feel more secure with a cat sleeping with me, as I've never had any sleep paralysis type events with a cat nearby. Currently I'm owned by a cat and a dog.

Back