• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

10 QUESTIONS for "experiencers"

Skunkape,
What made you think the paraglider guys were playing around with invisibility technology? That sounds interesting.

Skunkape,
What made you think the paraglider guys were playing around with invisibility technology? That sounds interesting.
I could hear engines and there was nothing visible...just a silly guess. My girlfriend heard it too, so if I'm crazy, both of us are and are sharing the same hallucination. I can't think of a rational explanation.

So... now do you have thrilling stories to tell us about what the speak-and-spell voice said?

" There have been several nights since, 4 I believe, when I can hear motors running, it sounds like there are dozens of weedeaters or leaf-blowers running around the neighborhood. I've gone out and driven around at 4 in the morning looking for the source of the sound with no luck. It seems to be just emanating from the air. The idea that the paraglider guys were playing with invisibility technology crossed my mind, as loopy as that sounds, I just don't have a better explanation.[/quote]

If, by chance, you have a digital voice recorder, or a cassette recorder, even, I'd be interested to hear what these phantom leafblowers and weedwhackers sound like.

Maybe keep one with fresh batteries and tape nearby so you can stick it out the window when the noise starts or go outside and hit record?

Then you could post the MP3 and we could all get a good listen to it.

1. Are you Male or Female?

Male

2. What's your Age?

3. What is your educational background?

I have a BA and am about to complete my MA, both in English Literature and Writing.

4. Are you a creative type?

I find great value in creativity and enjoy creating a great variety of things.

5. Do you have any history of depression?

I doubt I would meet the clinical definition of depression.

6. Have you ever felt inexplicability "compelled" to examine, pursue or come forward with something associated with this weirdness?

No, I am simply a curious person.

7. This may be a tricky one to answer, but here goes: Success in our society can be rated in multiple ways, and this question may seem shallow, but it pertains (basically) to career and income. Given your intellect and your life skills, are you MORE or LESS successful than, perhaps, you should be?

Yes.

8. Someone completely uninvolved with this weirdness would be a 1, and Whitley Strieber (if he is to be believed) would be a 10. On this scale of 1 thru 10, what number best describes you?

5 (for the record, I consider Strieber's alleged experiences to be entirely fictional).

9. Have you always considered yourself as an "experiencer" or did you come to realize it at some point recently?

I really find the word "experiencer" distasteful in this context. I’ve known since the experiences happened that I’ve experienced them.

10. Concerning the question above, if you realized it recently, when?

N/A.

My responses to the 10 questions:

Female

2. What's your Age?

BFA - Industrial Design, Masters - Multimedia Development

Yes

Some

6. Have you ever felt inexplicability "compelled" to examine, pursue or come forward with something associated with this weirdness?
Yes

7. This may be a tricky one to answer, but here goes: Success in our society can be rated in multiple ways, and this question may seem shallow, but it pertains (basically) to career and income. Given your intellect and your life skills, are you MORE or LESS successful than, perhaps, you should be?
More...I feel kinda lucky.

8. Someone completely uninvolved with this weirdness would be a 1, and Whitley Strieber (if he is to be believed) would be a 10. On this scale of 1 thru 10, what number best describes you?
7 - 8

9. Have you always considered yourself as an "experiencer" or did you come to realize it at some point recently?
I am not sure how to answer this. I have had several experiences, but I don't know how to "classify" them. They are quite varied.

See answer above - In a sense this is an ongoing realization, with memories extending back to childhood, but I don't have any definitive answers.

I have had several experiences, but I don't know how to "classify" them. They are quite varied.

Can I invite you to share them? I think you'll find a respectful audience here. If you'd rather not, that's fine too of course.

It's interesting that some folks have mentioned the back up beeping sound.

It's funny in a way, because if I'm sleeping, and on Trash Day, if I hear the garbage truck make that sound, I get incredibly anxious and paranoid.

It was amazingly similar to the beeping sound of a vehicle backing up...

In my case, I became terrified, turned over, and went right to sleep.

A most disturbing thought, in retrospect, and damned disturbing at the time.

And it came from six inches inside the wall next to me. That's pretty damned disturbing, too.

I don't like to think about it too much. I mean, it's all right these days--but back then, man, I really didn't like to think about it.

So deliberate... BEEP... BEEP... BEEP.

Just like some kind of code, post-hypnotic suggestion. Manchurian Candidate stuff.

When I was in DeMolay (I went in because, my brother, who, when asked to be let in, was denied because he was Jewish, and I went in, because they asked me, and didn't tell them--ironically, they made me chapter chaplain), our chapter "dad" tried to hypnotize me in our spare time. He was an ameteur magician. The entire time, I laughed my ass off.

Apparently, I'm not easy to put into a hypnotic state. The entire time he was telling me to relax, listen to the sound of my voice, blah blah blah... It must work, because I remembered the technique and successfully hypnotized my best friend with it later. Put him in a deep trance and he was able to tell me a rather vivid and horrifying dream that he'd blocked from his conscious memory.

You can't imagine the sheer terror of being a strong personality, finding yourself automatically being put under by a disembodied beeping from inside your wall.

This post continues to be entirely fictional, and should be considered for entertainment purposes only.

It was amazingly similar to the beeping sound of a vehicle backing up...

In my case, I became terrified, turned over, and went right to sleep.

A most disturbing thought, in retrospect, and damned disturbing at the time.

That really is a disturbing element of this stuff...the way you sometimes just don't care when something is going on. It is not natural to just roll over and go back to sleep when there are lights flashing outside and people walking through your house in the middle of the night. I have little doubt that some form of mind control is being utilized.

That really is a disturbing element of this stuff...the way you sometimes just don't care when something is going on. It is not natural to just roll over and go back to sleep when there are lights flashing outside and people walking through your house in the middle of the night. I have little doubt that some form of mind control is being utilized.

Well, in my case, it must be fairly easy... there's not much to control....8)

My answers to your questions:

Female

2. What's your Age?

3 years of college

I used to be. Now I'm a workaholic.

I was tested for this and also for anxiety. My anxiety level was so high it kicked me into the depression category.

Yes.

I have been less successful than I should be.

I had my first UFO sighting at the age of 5. I didn't know what I was looking at at the time, I couldn't figure out what the pretty light was doing up in the sky outside my bedroom window. This ship was one of the saucer shaped craft. I was taken many times in my early teens and throughout my twenties. The trips became less frequent in my thirties and I wasn't taken, to my knowledge, in my forties until about six months ago. The trips started again. I've also seen a smaller triangle with three small lights at the tips and a larger one in the middle. They all glowed bluish-white and illuminated the bottom of the craft.

Early on. I didn't have anything to relate the abductions to. I had never been hospitalized, and the doctor-related shows that I can remember from growing up didn't show any of the equipment, blood, etc. that today's shows do, so TV didn't influence what I experienced. The technology of the time also wasn't good enough to influence me either.

I also have a problem with the work "experiencer." It sounds too, I don't know, nice?:rolleyes: Darn it, these things are taking us to use us in whatever their agenda might be and messing with our lives. Thanks, but for the meantime, I'll remain an "abductee." ;)

As noted before - I too have a lot of trouble witht he term "experiencer" and I put it in quotes on purpose.

Huge thanks for your answers!

As noted before - I too have a lot of trouble witht he term "experiencer" and I put it in quotes on purpose.

I think you can stop apologizing for it... you had to use some kind of word, contactee, you felt, was too light, abductee, maybe too strong.

We get it. :)

Experiencer is a very VERY loaded term.

In all honesty I don't think there's a term that isn't loaded with a connotation.

T E N Q U E S T I O N S :
=================

Male

2. What's your Age?

1 year of college

Yes, painter and musician

I get depressed in the winter months

Sure

If success means money, I'm not at all.

9 maybe?

Always

NA

=================

Female

2. What's your Age?

High school

I enjoy and appreciate art forms, but am not talented.

Yes

not compelled..just intrigued

I would say less..I still have a strong sense that I haven't reached my full potential, although I am not sure what with/in...or I suppose that could also be described as being bored in general.

around 6 or 7

I have experienced quite a few things since being very small and it's actually just normal being 'weird' .

Female
2. What's your Age?
Office Admin cert.
I used to like to write. Have one book done, lots at the one chapter stage...
Only when life was getting me down, a change of attitude made that go away! but, yes.
not compelled, just wanted to share.
extremely less successful. yet completely successful in what I value most.

Six. One sleep paralysis episode, no abductions, but lots of prescience, some powerful deja vu, and the ability to attract that which matters most to me. One definite life-saving moment by someone or something who woke me from a deep sleep in time to prevent me from dying of smoke inhalation. The usual.

Always knew I was a bit weird. Or perhaps more open to admitting I was experiencing some strange things?

1. Are you male or female.

Male

2. Whats your age.

3. What is your educational background.

Dpsych (Forensic)

4. Are you a creative type.

Yes: play guitar, keyboard, drums, creative writing

5. Do you have any history of depression.

Yes, clinical depression two previous episodes.

6. Have you ever felt compelled to examine, pursue, or come forward with something associated with this weirdness.

Not to come forward but to 'do' something with it for sure. Not sure what that 'doing' would involve, but kind of like I've got a piece of jigsaw I have to fit somewhere.

7. More or Less successful.

More.

8. On a scale of 1 through 10 which best describes you.

I'd say a 5 to 6, but I don't have many reference points!

9. Have you always considered yourself an experiencer or did you come to realize it recently.

Always considered myself an experiencer since 5 or 6, seeing 'ghosts' or 'spirits' that other people could not tipped me off that something was different.

10. Concerning the question above, If you realized it recently then when.

I finally have time to take a look at this, so...here you go:
=================

female
2. What's your Age?
BA in Anthropology
Yes
I have really high anxiety, and probably depression, too, but I've never been diagnosed or treated for it.
I don't know about "compelled", but I've always been interested in the weirdness, and it's been interested in me. I don't try to explain every little detail anymore,only the big stuff.
Less- I'm not working in my field, haven't yet gone to grad school, making crap money at a dead-end job that I HATE...the list goes on and on.

I don't remember too many incidents before the age of 13-14. That's when the "dreams" started, and it took off from there.

I've noticed that experiences grow and change. My experiences today are different than the ones I first had.

I hope this helps!
xxoo,
RS

Back