• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

10 QUESTIONS for "experiencers"

mikec

Skilled Investigator
Do you consider yourself an EXPERIENCER?

That's a term loaded with baggage, but so is ABDUCTEE or CONTACTEE. Alas, I don't have a good vocabulary word to describe "this weirdness."

Please, if you feel like you fit into this category, could you answer the questions below as a reply. No real-deal research going on here, I'm just curious.

T E N Q U E S T I O N S :
=================

1. Are you Male or Female?

2. What's your Age?

3. What is your educational background?

4. Are you a creative type?

5. Do you have any history of depression?

6. Have you ever felt inexplicability "compelled" to examine, pursue or come forward with something associated with this weirdness?

7. This may be a tricky one to answer, but here goes: Success in our society can be rated in multiple ways, and this question may seem shallow, but it pertains (basically) to career and income. Given your intellect and your life skills, are you MORE or LESS successful than, perhaps, you should be?

8. Someone completely uninvolved with this weirdness would be a 1, and Whitley Strieber (if he is to be believed) would be a 10. On this scale of 1 thru 10, what number best describes you?

9. Have you always considered yourself as an "experiencer" or did you come to realize it at some point recently?

10. Concerning the question above, if you realized it recently, when?

==============

For over a decade I have been looking at the very strange things that seem to swirl around the "experiencer" (in quotes on purpose) phenomenon, and I've noticed some curious patterns. These questions will obviously clue you in to the patterns I've seen. Nothing empirical, just some not-so subtle stuff that just seems to reoccur over and over.

Huge thanks to all the folks who review this non-scientific query.

Mike C!

I'll start this...

male

2. What's your Age?

College drop out after one year.

Yes, I work doing illustrations.

Yes, occational bouts of clinical depression.

6. Have you ever felt inexplicability "compelled" to examine, pursue or come forward with something associated with this weirdness?

Yes.

7. This may be a tricky one to answer, but here goes: Success in our society can be rated in multiple ways, and this question may seem shallow, but it pertains (basically) to career and income. Given your intellect and your life skills, are you MORE or LESS successful than, perhaps, you should be?

I would be LESS successful than, perhaps, I should be.

8. Someone completely uninvolved with this weirdness would be a 1, and Whitley Strieber (if he is to be believed) would be a 10. On this scale of 1 thru 10, what number best describes you?

I don't know, maybe a 2?

9. Have you always considered yourself as an "experiencer" or did you come to realize it at some point recently?

Recently.

Maybe 3 years ago (when I was 43).

Here are my answers.

1. female with two male organs...kidney and pancreas.

2. 44

3. BA in psychology

4. Yes

5. yes in my teens and 20's not so much now

6. yes

7. less successful

8.. 10 for sure I have been holding back for fear of not being believed.
I haven't kept up with Strieber that much so I might change my number at some point.

9 & 10 After reading John Mack's Abduction book in 1994 I could finally put a name to a least some of my experiences.

On a side note, and not trying to hijack the post, but since you mentioned depression in the post, anyone who does suffer from it, or anxiety, or stress.. in my opinion the best 6 bucks you could ever spend would be to buy the following book:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1405077581/?tag=rockoids-20

A couple of years ago i suffered from generalised anxiety dis-order... its usually related to depression or stress. In my case it was from stress created by a high paid job where a wrong mistake can cost me and my company thousands of pounds.
Doctors were constantly trying to give me anti depressants, and i was constantly refusing them because I knew that my problem wasnt anything to do with depression as at the time (and now) i basically couldnt have been any happier with my life.
However, a friend of mine treats people with both anxiety and depression and recommended this book to me. It completely cured me and is quite simply the most amazing book i have ever read.
Everyone suffers from depresion at some point in their life, anyone who says they don't is either lying or not human (possibly a grey).... so in my opinion everyone should own this book. Even if you are completely happy, it will open your eyes to some major weaknesses in western thinking when it comes to medicine... in a way i liken the closed mindedness to the UFO subject.

Whether you suffer from depression, anxiety or not i promise you this book is fantastic... and only 5 quid on amazon. :D

Do you consider yourself an EXPERIENCER?

That's a term loaded with baggage, but so is ABDUCTEE or CONTACTEE. Alas, I don't have a good vocabulary word to describe "this weirdness."

Please, if you feel like you fit into this category, could you answer the questions below as a reply. No real-deal research going on here, I'm just curious.

Um, is this *private*? 'Cause, like, I wouldn't want it to be on a permanent record on the Internet, like, forever or anything....

Well, I guess it's okay... It's just the Paracast.... ;)

When I tried to talk to my doctor about it (GP), he made a joke about the X-Files, and then changed the subject and basically didn't want to discuss it.

He was awfully dismissive... so I figured he either felt personally uncomfortable with it, or had a kind of "professional detachment" that maybe involved a conspitorial blackout on the subject that may have gone as far back as the AMA.

When I was researching my first book (which I never actually got around to writing), I attended an abductee support group in a nearby rural area, and heard some really wild stories from the people that attended along with me. I attended under the auspices that I was either an experiencer, or I was a journalist that was gathering anonymous data about the visitor experience.

I was both.

I was neither.

I did have bizarre experiences--plenty of them.

I knew one of the guys in the group--really well--he and I were actually in a band when we were teenagers that, well, I ended up marrying the bass player, but like, years and years later--and her family, and the girl's that I dated before that reported all kinds of missing time and paranormal phenomena. Her mother reported seeing "A giant frog at the end of the bed" more than once. On her dad's side, too.

I didn't know if I was the one being turned off, or if I was actually involved. I don't remember being involved...

I do remember being in my room and having some highly odd, unexplainable stuff happen at night. I had what is apparently a fairly common bedroom visitation of a "large, black amorphous mass" (Everybody sees these, I guess) that actually woke me up out of a dead sleep. Another time, I remember hearing a beeping sound, like a garbage truck backing up coming from deep inside of the wall near my bed, like 6' inches in... Beep, Beep, Beep.

I knew what that meant, because I'd read about it the abduction literature, it's happened to a lot of abductees--so I became instantly shot through with terror, and then turned over and went right to sleep.

When I reported what happened to the people in the support group, they all nodded knowingly, and appeared as if they knew exactly what I was talking about. From experience.

My guitar player and I came back from band practice one time, and saw one of those black, amorphous masses in his closet, where he was going to park his guitar case, but instead, we left, and went to Perkins and had too much coffee and talked about it. He didn't want to return to put his guitar away for hours. It was after midnight before we got back.

Yeah, I've had nights where something was talking to me telepathically, and it sure wasn't God--because, Jesus, anybody that believes in God is fucking crazy...

But I don't know that I've ever talk about it on the Internet... I mean, just between us.

Nahh, I'm just jerkin' yer chain, man!

Or am I?

Gilbavel,
I have heard that beeping sound both in my bedroom and even inside my head.

I have brought up the encounter experiences to a few doctors myself. One doctor was literlly running away from me trying to avoid any further conversation.

Another doctor told me that doctors like to help and are expected to have answers and when they can do neither this makes them very uncomfortable. She now just looks at me if I am going out of her expertise and says I am JUST a doctor!

Gil,

have you actually had anything happen to you though? That sounded like paranoia mixed with too much reading. I dont mean any disrespect and hopefully it didnt offend you. Im sure you are telling everything.

What fascinated me with your story was the Doctor part. so he literally made an awkward joke and changed the subject? What happened when you tried to steer it back to the alien subject again?

T E N Q U E S T I O N S :
=================

male

2. What's your Age?

1 year college dropout

I am a painter and musician.

Severe

I'm on this forum, aren't I?

Abysmal failure.

I realized something real was going on in my early 20's following a UFO encounter.

in the early 90's.
==============

Gilbavel wrote:

I knew one of the guys in the group--really well--he and I were actually in a band when we were teenagers that, well, I ended up marrying bass player, but like, years and years later--and her family, and the girl's that I dated before that reported all kinds of missing time and paranormal phenomena. Her mother reported seeing "A giant frog at the end of the bed" more than once...

======

Okay, you hint in your posting that there may be some "chain jerking" about your story. I'm gunna proceed anyway.

You wrote about an inexplicable series of people acquainted with you that seem to have "missing time and paranormal phenomena."

This is extremely intriguing, to say the least!

Have you noticed any pattern to this? You mentions girls you dated and band members. Did this correspond to any kind of chapter in your life? Any place you lived? Any kind of "club" or anything like that? I'm curious to know if there is any sort of link or association surrounding this aspect of your posting.

In just a few sentences you seem to link up band members, girlfriends, families and your WIFE!

The implications are very strange, and I am eager to hear any other little clues or insights surrounding this aspect of your story.

Gilbavel wrote:

I knew one of the guys in the group--really well--he and I were actually in a band when we were teenagers that, well, I ended up marrying bass player, but like, years and years later--and her family, and the girl's that I dated before that reported all kinds of missing time and paranormal phenomena. Her mother reported seeing "A giant frog at the end of the bed" more than once...

======

Okay, you hint in your posting that there may be some "chain jerking" about your story. I'm gunna proceed anyway.

You wrote about an inexplicable series of people acquainted with you that seem to have "missing time and paranormal phenomena."

This is extremely intriguing, to say the least!

Have you noticed any pattern to this? You mentions girls you dated and band members. Did this correspond to any kind of chapter in your life? Any place you lived? Any kind of "club" or anything like that? I'm curious to know if there is any sort of link or association surrounding this aspect of your posting.

In just a few sentences you seem to link up band members, girlfriends, families and your WIFE!

The implications are very strange, and I am eager to hear any other little clues or insights surrounding this aspect of your story.

Well, she's my ex-wife now, but she and her sister freely admitted hat they and people in their family had been involved in abduction scenarios. When they were young, they saw stuff.

I got the impression, that for some reason, I was dating girls that were involved in the abduction scenario and I may not have been an active member. Marc Davenport told me before that he knew that I was an abductee. I didn't believe him and later, when I'd had some of the experiences I wrote about in the preceding post, I asked him how he knew, and he said, "You just have that haunted look".

These girls' families had the kind of dysfunctional unspoken understanding that they wouldn't talk about it, but that it went back generations.

The first girl I wrote about actually got regressive hypnosis done in Kansas City (it was expensive, too) by a professional that had other abduction clients--although it wasn't his mainstay, he was quite familiar with the topic, and was on a panel at one of the UFO lecture events I put on.

She never told me what was uncovered, but seemed to be a great deal more calm after those sessions, so I didn't pry.

The most interesting stuff came from they guy that I was in group with. The support group met way out north of town at a private residence. I found out later that the lady that was in charge of it wrote a book about it (that's all I know, I haven't been able to find it, so I imagine it's self-published), but he reported some very odd tall whites that were so tall (and wore black cloaks), that they could step "over the fence and cross the road in front of the car in two or three steps". These were the tallest aliens I'd ever heard about. He said that while crossing the road, they looked directly into the car and it was as if they knew who he was and that they were making an appearance to let him know that they were there. Spooky.

He was a diabetic, and reported once that he was taken out of his room once, and didn't get his insulin shot, and during his abduction, he couldn't quite communicate what it was he needed to his abductors, and they couldn't understand what was wrong with him.

His roommate, according to the story, opened the door to his bedroom and found it empty. He looked for him for over two hours and couldn't find him.

Finally, they put him back and he got his shot--but just barely in time. I think I remember hearing from him that his roommate found him back in his room unconscious and had to give him his shot and it took him quite a while to return to normal.

There were more stories from this guy, and more stories from others in the group about encounters that happened on the lonely, desolate roads on the way back to the city from this rural location. Most of the roads were unpaved, gravel roads for quite a ways until you got back near town. People reported lights over their cars, being overflown, etc.

Gil,

have you actually had anything happen to you though? That sounded like paranoia mixed with too much reading. I dont mean any disrespect and hopefully it didnt offend you. Im sure you are telling everything.

What fascinated me with your story was the Doctor part. so he literally made an awkward joke and changed the subject? What happened when you tried to steer it back to the alien subject again?

How could I be offended? I was just yankin' yer chain!

I understand why Whitley Strieber puts these frustrating caveats into his writing (I don't know if it was real, but I am absolutely sure that it happened, etc.)--it makes it easier to talk about openly if you provide yourself a 5% backdoor escape route. It also makes people wonder if you are a liar.

To be sure, there was a lot of paranoia, and a lot of reading. I was interested in UFOs since I could read, however--it was among the first things I started reading about as soon as I could read. I remember going to the library with my mom when I was four and grabbing stacks of books (ten at a time, once a week) on ghosts, Bigfoot, UFOs, the Loch Ness Monsters, whatever there was in the children's section on fairy tales, the whole bit. I'd always been interested in the paranormal from an extremely young age.

I eventually outgrew all that stuff, but when the abduction materials came back around, I read everything I could get my hands on.

Yes, I told you some things, but not certainly not everything. There are things, like David, that I will not talk about openly. They're too weird and this is hardly a non-disclosure agreement. If you want more, you can message me privately. But, to my knowledge, I have never seen a grey in my room. Not in the flesh, so to speak. I've never seen a flying saucer. I've seen satellites, I've seen bizarre atmospheric phenomena, even UFOs, but never a craft per se.

I have always kept an eye out for things in the sky. I once saw a white, unmarked helicopter flying backwards that was silently pacing me as I was driving down the street. This would have been about the same time I was dating the girl whose mother reported seeing the giant frog at the end of the bed. I had another strange helicopter encounter when I was at the health food store where my girlfriend worked; there was a hill near the football stadium and a couple of streets between where we were and it. This helicopter rose up from below my line of sight, and seemed to be looking right at us. When I mentioned it to my girlfriend, she got really flustered and didn't want me to talk about it, even though there was hardly anybody there, and nobody in our immediate area.

The helicopter went back down, out of sight, and then came back up again about thirty seconds later, and went down again. Very bizzare behavior for a helicopter.

Yeah, could've just been a helicopter. Dangerous activity to be performing those kind of manuevers in a populated area, though. In Leah Haley's books and Karla Turner's books, there are reports of things that look like helicopters but obviously aren't--for instance, they have no rotors, things like that. So, who knows?

I remember my girlfriend at the time had that kind of reaction a lot. Once we were getting ready to go to sleep, and I heard a helicopter noise outside the window. The strange thing about it is that it was just there--there was no sound of it fading in on approach, it was just suddenly there, so loud it was nearly shaking the house. WHUP WHUP WHUP WHUP WHUP...

I asked her to be quiet so I could listen to it, but instead she started arguing with me and wouldn't be quiet the entire time it was there...maybe a couple of minutes... only after it stopped--again, with no fading away like a helicopter would have to do if it were leaving--did she finally shut up.

I think this is some kind of fear-based defense mechanism. It was as if she was trying to cover the noise so I couldn't get a good listen to it.

As far as the doctor goes, as I recall, after I tentatively mentioned the subject to him, he asked me how long I'd been experiencing these things. So, I began a sentence to answer that question, and then he stopped me with that X-Files comment, "Well, I like the X-Files as much as anybody, but--" and that was it. I could see he didn't want to talk about it anymore, and since I was there for a strep throat or something, I didn't push it.

He had his back to me and was writing something down when this topic came up, and I think he was absently talking while he was writing... then when he realized what I was talking about, he turned around and put the mockers on the conversation. I realized he didn't want to discuss it for some reason, so I didn't pursue it.

The house I lived in with my mom and stepdad after she got remarried had some weird shit happen in it--this is where I heard the beeping coming from inside the wall. My mom used to have an issue with security (that was the only house on that block that hadn't been broken into), and she used to look out of her bedroom windows at night a lot.

Once, when I asked her about what the weirdest thing she'd experienced was, she told me that she'd once heard a helicopter hovering over the house very low for about 45 minutes. I asked her what she saw when she looked out the window, and was surprised to hear her say that that time, she just stayed in bed and didn't look out the window.

That was damned odd. A helicopter hovers over your house at three-thirty in the morning, and you don't have a look?

I asked her if anyone else had heard it (I lived there off and on, and don't remember if I was there at the time), and she said she talked to two of our neighbors about it, and neither of them had heard anything.

These stories are for entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered anything but fiction.

Bastards are a damned nuisance at times. This guy hovered over my house for about 3 hours recently...at times it sounded like he was landing on my roof. At 4 a.m. the following morning there were paragliders with motors on their back hovering over my place. I heard a disembodied "speak-and-spell" voice in the middle of the night during this time. Fun times.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2DggwaCkv9Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Wow, thats really fascinating to actually see video of a so called black helicopter. So this thing really hovered right over your house for 3 hrs? How far above the house would you say it was? How often do you see it? Ever got a sight of what the pilot looks like? What do your neighbours say?

Bastards are a damned nuisance at times. This guy hovered over my house for about 3 hours recently...at times it sounded like he was landing on my roof. At 4 a.m. the following morning there were paragliders with motors on their back hovering over my place. I heard a disembodied "speak-and-spell" voice in the middle of the night during this time. Fun times.<object width="425" height="344">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2DggwaCkv9Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

That's weird. We were under a flight path from Topeka (Ft. Riley "The First to Go") and Kansas City International... but still, they were awfully low and awfully loud.

Once, I heard a helicopter over our house that was SO low, I put my coat on and scrammed out of the house to see what the hell was going on. I ran after it, and eventually it led me to where it landed, in the semi-circle driveway of the grammar school across the street. Because it was at the end of two long, major streets in a remote part of town, I guess it's an area where ambulances can hand off critical care patients to life-flight helicopters.

That is, in fact, what happened in that case. Neighbors beat the police there, but they weren't so pushy that the police had to tell anyone to move back. So, they made the transfer, the 'copter took back off and everyone dispersed... but on the way in, it did kind of sound like it was circling my house, like your video shows.

And the damn thing looked more like a helicopter GUNSHIP than a tiny, sleek life-flight helicopter... I could easily imagine somebody slapping a couple of cannon on that thing, and sending it into battle.

Strangely, the helicopter that was flying backwards pacing me that one day looked like a small, either weather chopper, or a medical one. White with black rotors. But flying backward? Weird.

Bastards are a damned nuisance at times. This guy hovered over my house for about 3 hours recently...at times it sounded like he was landing on my roof. At 4 a.m. the following morning there were paragliders with motors on their back hovering over my place. I heard a disembodied "speak-and-spell" voice in the middle of the night during this time. Fun times.<object width="425" height="344">

That looks suspiciously like "scare-off" behavior, like Leah Haley talks about. She had deliberate harassment from these bozos, all the time. The one in your video comes so close (especially in that last pass) that one has to wonder, WTF? In both my case and yours, they are flying lower than the FAA imposed 500-ft. ceiling.

So... now do you have thrilling stories to tell us about what the speak-and-spell voice said? I'd be interested to hear that; there have been reports of same by no less authority than Leonard Stringfield...

So... now do you have thrilling stories to tell us about what the speak-and-spell voice said? [/quote]

"So, Use, One, Two." was the only thing I made out...no idea what it could mean, if anything. It seems like if whoever they are were trying to communicate they would just call on the phone. He hovered directly over my house at about 50 or 60 feet for a long time. The entire roof of the house was pulsing like a giant speaker. He only began circling when I went outside and threw a rock at him and flipped him the finger. I also didn't mention that when I went to call the police the battery in my phone was dead. There have been several nights since, 4 I believe, when I can hear motors running, it sounds like there are dozens of weedeaters or leaf-blowers running around the neighborhood. I've gone out and driven around at 4 in the morning looking for the source of the sound with no luck. It seems to be just emanating from the air. The idea that the paraglider guys were playing with invisibility technology crossed my mind, as loopy as that sounds, I just don't have a better explanation.

How far above the house would you say it was?

At times 50 or 60 ft.
How often do you see it?

This is the first time in many years, and the first time I've ever felt directly harrassed by one. I've seen some odd military choppers when I was a teen...one was a huge, flat black, dual-prop helicopter. I didn't know they made them as big as this thing and it was flying just above tree top level.

Ever got a sight of what the pilot looks like?

Couldn't see through the windshield.

What do your neighbours say?

Don't talk to them much. One works nights and the other is nutty recluse with every spare cubic foot of the interior of his house stacked with computer and electronics equipment. I've only seen in once when I had to ask him to turn down his subwoofers late at night. Funny, now that I think about it. I've live next to this guy for several years and don't even know his name. We just call him the 'weird guy.'

How far above the house would you say it was?

At times 50 or 60 ft.
How often do you see it?

This is the first time in many years, and the first time I've ever felt directly harrassed by one. I've seen some odd military choppers when I was a teen...one was a huge, flat black, dual-prop helicopter. I didn't know they made them as big as this thing and it was flying just above tree top level.

Ever got a sight of what the pilot looks like?

Couldn't see through the windshield.

What do your neighbours say?

Don't talk to them much. One works nights and the other is nutty recluse with every spare cubic foot of the interior of his house stacked with computer and electronics equipment. I've only seen in once when I had to ask him to turn down his subwoofers late at night. Funny, now that I think about it. I've live next to this guy for several years and don't even know his name. We just call him the 'weird guy.'

Weird guy next door, interesting? And you say Helicopter was over your roof?
To be honest skunkape, there is little information on the video to confirm anything.
Do you live near a airport?, some details of surrounding area would be helpful.I have seen Helicopters fly around a certain area for a long period of time, but it doesnt mean they are watching me, the same goes for you in this case.

Weird guy next door, interesting? And you say Helicopter was over your roof?
To be honest skunkape, there is little information on the video to confirm anything.
Do you live near a airport?, some details of surrounding area would be helpful.I have seen Helicopters fly around a certain area for a long period of time, but it doesnt mean they are watching me, the same goes for you in this case.

Camp Mabry is nearby. The airport is about 20 miles away. We get a good many jets passing over, but they are usually pretty high. The chopper may be unrelated, but there were other strange things going on at time, and so it seems reasonable to me to assume it was somehow related.

Back