• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — October 23, 2016

We could tighten up the show accentuate the 'hard-hitting' interview approach. Ask questions that nobody else asks, no free passes, hit hard and challenge the guests more. Since many of the guests are my friends, it's hard to throw nasty fast balls, inside and tight to people you've known for years, but that is what has separated us from the pack for the past 10 years. We can go in that direction more---kinda accentuate the CBS "60-Minutes" hardball approach... Nobody else is using (or has used) this approach. Of course, getting guests for the show will prove more & more difficult....
I honestly do not think this is necessarily the right direction. Have you listened to Mysterious Universe? They combine the latest paranormal news (which requires them to do research prior to the show off the internet) with smaller guest segments. If people feel they are getting information from you that they don't have the time to ferret out for themselves, they may subscribe. But this is just a member of the peanut gallery speaking. As I told Paul privately, I have not made it through a whole Paracast episode this year. I turn it off because I get bored. No offence but that's the truth. But then, I listen to similar subject matter from the UK, Canada and amateur podcasters on the internet.

Just a final thought on radio: I mentioned being in a large clinic's waiting room recently in Scottsdale. EVERYONE but me was on an IPHONE. Some were listening to audio/visual from TV shows available online, internet talk shows, and YOUTUBE. Know what I did not see? Transistor radios with people hooked up to listen to a radio station.

Last edited:
Some features in Paracast Plus I'd like to see:
  • Guests that don't go on other shows or are seen infrequently.
  • Round-table in-depth discussions on a specific topic (not shooting the breeze).
  • Detailed discussions of specific cases that occurred within the last 20 years.
  • Live questions via Instant Messenger.

Indeed... which is why nobody except a small group of people really care about UFOs anymore, in much the same way that only a very small group of people study the Hapsburgs, and they're all history nerds like me.
Another idea that may appeal to some listeners might be an examination of the growing end or neighborhood of ufology. That would be Exopolitics. This is where all the action is today. While I personally find it mostly delusional, it is still often quite entertaining. The Paracast has totally ignored this huge area of current ufology, much like the USA when it refused to acknowledge the existence of Red China (when I was a kid). Then there is the pinup boy and darling of current Ufology, Corey Goode and his handler (ugh) David Wilcock. Another aspect of Ufology that you have ignored is the New Age element. I am studying the RA Law of One channelings from the early 1980's, which manage to tie in Eastern philosophy and a lot of talk about chakras with quite a mythology about a 6th Density Confederation of Planets (who supposedly inspired Roddenberry to create Star Trek in their image) and the guys in the dark hats, being the Service to Self negative Orion Empire. (everyone boo and hiss). LOL The thing I am probably hopelessly trying to get across is that the dry pedantic discussion of UFO's may be the only really scientific way to evaluate the phenomena. Yet, Ufology has left that behind. As a social phenomena, it has moved deeply into the realm of science fiction and modern mythology. Outside of Coast to Coast and GAIA TV, no one is covering this very well. I can understand turning up your nose at such social memes and the eccentrics behind it. Yet, if done right this could add some sparkle to the show for those seeking a more entertaining venue. What could be more fun than taking an Exopolitics spokesperson to task for claiming that there is a magic box that transports you immediately to Mars, and that President Obama was seen there.

OK. I know in my heart and soul that this suggestion will be totally ignored. But I am trying to get you to think outside the box. I realize you really like the current guest list on the Paracast. Yet you complain that hardly anyone subscribes.

I started subscribing to Mysterious Universe because they cleverly would let you listen to part of the show then fade it out for members only.I stopped subscribing when the show turned into 3 mates taking the piss out of each other.Several shows in the UK use similar tactics to draw the customers in.(I don't mean taking the piss to draw people in.Lol)

Last edited:
Another idea that may appeal to some listeners might be an examination of the growing end or neighborhood of ufology. That would be Exopolitics. This is where all the action is today. While I personally find it mostly delusional, it is still often quite entertaining. The Paracast has totally ignored this huge area of current ufology, much like the USA when it refused to acknowledge the existence of Red China (when I was a kid). Then there is the pinup boy and darling of current Ufology, Corey Goode and his handler (ugh) David Wilcock. Another aspect of Ufology that you have ignored is the New Age element. I am studying the RA Law of One channelings from the early 1980's, which manage to tie in Eastern philosophy and a lot of talk about chakras with quite a mythology about a 6th Density Confederation of Planets (who supposedly inspired Roddenberry to create Star Trek in their image) and the guys in the dark hats, being the Service to Self negative Orion Empire. (everyone boo and hiss). LOL The thing I am probably hopelessly trying to get across is that the dry pedantic discussion of UFO's may be the only really scientific way to evaluate the phenomena. Yet, Ufology has left that behind. As a social phenomena, it has moved deeply into the realm of science fiction and modern mythology. Outside of Coast to Coast and GAIA TV, no one is covering this very well. I can understand turning up your nose at such social memes and the eccentrics behind it. Yet, if done right this could add some sparkle to the show for those seeking a more entertaining venue. What could be more fun than taking an Exopolitics spokesperson to task for claiming that there is a magic box that transports you immediately to Mars, and that President Obama was seen there.

OK. I know in my heart and soul that this suggestion will be totally ignored. But I am trying to get you to think outside the box. I realize you really like the current guest list on the Paracast. Yet you complain that hardly anyone subscribes.
If you just want us beating on someone I suppose.

Contrary to public opinion, I'm actually a nice guy. :)

Accordingly, if Gene thinks it will help, even incrementally, I'm willing to put some videos together from the dozens and dozens of hours of interviews I recorded whilst making documentaries that I'll license exclusively and without any cost for use in the Paracast + video section, which seems a little barren. Karl Pflock, Barry Downing, Steven Greer, Rob Swiatek, Bruce Maccabee, Rich Dolan, Kevin Randle, Stan Friedman, Nick Redfern, and several others.

I would also be willing to let you host in the P+ section the old Other Side of Truth podcast interviews I did a few years ago. Same terms.

Just let me know if you're interested, Gene.

I want to say this: Although Paul and I have had our disagreements over the years, I've always considered him a friend. When our original co-host left The Paracast, Paul and I had many personal talks about issues on our minds. He was free with his time and advice. When I got the contract with GCN, Paul was only too happy, as a lawyer (in Canada) to go over it and point out any potential landmines.

You have a lifetime subscription to whatever we do Paul, and more if we can make this work financially. Yes I'd love to present your documentaries in Paracast+, and link back in whatever way you feel is appropriate.

Thanks my friend for being there.

We have a video up in Paracast+ already from Chris. Please look at the formatting and see if we can easily match up. I'm really looking forward to this, because Paul has done some terrific documentaries and you should watch.

Contrary to public opinion, I'm actually a nice guy. :)

Accordingly, if Gene thinks it will help, even incrementally, I'm willing to put some videos together from the dozens and dozens of hours of interviews I recorded whilst making documentaries that I'll license exclusively and without any cost for use in the Paracast + video section, which seems a little barren. Karl Pflock, Barry Downing, Steven Greer, Rob Swiatek, Bruce Maccabee, Rich Dolan, Kevin Randle, Stan Friedman, Nick Redfern, and several others.

I would also be willing to let you host in the P+ section the old Other Side of Truth podcast interviews I did a few years ago. Same terms.

Just let me know if you're interested, Gene.

What a fine gesture that is.Ive been an admirer of your work and you've just gone up even more in my eyes.At the end of the day we are here on earth for a short time and helping your fellow man makes our journey that much more worthwhile.

If you just want us beating on someone I suppose.
Well, what you are doing now is NOT working. Why are you so set in your ways? There is absolutely NOTHING that distinguishes the Paracast from any other UFO/Paranormal interview show. They are a dime a dozen. If you don't want to really change a damn thing, just say so. Then the rest of us can stop trying to be helpful since you shoot down every suggestion except Paul's offer of free material to add to your Paracast+ offering. That was very generous of him, and I admit I was surprised when you took him up on it. I was sure you'd find some reason why it could not be done.

You are working from a false premise. I am not shooting down all suggestions, just some. But if you feel that are common sense approach to the paranormal, where we do ask hard questions of guests, is no different than other shows, well maybe you're listening to a different show. Thanks anyway.

Well, what you are doing now is NOT working. Why are you so set in your ways? There is absolutely NOTHING that distinguishes the Paracast from any other UFO/Paranormal interview show. They are a dime a dozen. If you don't want to really change a damn thing, just say so. Then the rest of us can stop trying to be helpful since you shoot down every suggestion except Paul's offer of free material to add to your Paracast+ offering. That was very generous of him, and I admit I was surprised when you took him up on it. I was sure you'd find some reason why it could not be done.
Geez you're feisty lol;)

Thanks to Paul Kimball, he's already submitted several episodes of his terrific "Other Side of Truth" podcasts, customized for members of The Paracast+. They'll be posted shortly. The first videos from Paul will come later this month.

So if you've been thinking about whether to subscribe to The Paracast+, maybe now's the time? We're really working hard to add content as quickly as possible.

This weekend we feature an extended interview with EVP expert Michael Esposito, where he expands on some of the subjects dealt with in the regular episode of The Paracast, this time without commercial interruptions. We'll also be posting a full slate of EVP audio files exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers. These include files we didn't have time to play on the show.

I wouldn't assume that anything you say will be ignored. I happen to agree with quite a lot of what you've been saying. You are totally right in stating that the market favours X and the show provides Y and if any increase in revenue is to be gained, some bold and difficult moves might prove necessary.

As long as people give suggestions that are written respectfully and with honesty, the more intelligent suggestions, the better. And you have done all that. I appreciate even the fact that you have taken the time to post these suggestions.:)

I wouldn't assume that anything you say will be ignored. I happen to agree with quite a lot of what you've been saying. You are totally right in stating that the market favours X and the show provides Y and if any increase in revenue is to be gained, some bold and difficult moves might prove necessary.

As long as people give suggestions that are written respectfully and with honesty, the more intelligent suggestions, the better. And you have done all that. I appreciate even the fact that you have taken the time to post these suggestions.:)
Just about every post I have made with suggestions is rebuffed by Gene. Since I assume he is the boss, that means the suggestions are not being considered by the man who controls the Paracast. THAT IS HIS RIGHT. I have no power here. Perhaps all my ideas suck. But why not just let them politely lay fallow instead of instantly rebuking them? Gene wants to increase revenue without changing anything. That is the bottom line, and he is really seeking input on how to do that. Paul (Bless his soul) is enabling Gene by just giving him a ton of old videos to put behind the subscription wall. If it entails no work for Gene, then it will be gladly accepted. I have no horse in this race. I just tend to tell it as I see it, like David Biedny did in the good old days. Goggs, I think you are a great guy. I think your talents could be used all over the internet instead of propping up the Paracast.

This was Gene's response:

The choices being spelled out here are about distribution and marketing of the show. Are you able to focus on that?

Goggs, you still want to believe that any changes to X are being considered by Gene? No.

You mean having more shows not about UFOs? That's already being done.

But the intent of this thread is obvious. If you want to suggest guests, there's a thread for that — several in fact.

Back