• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — March 8, 2015

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
March 8, 2015
www.theparacast.com

Ancient Astronauts and Other Archaeological Mysteries Explored on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Announcing The Paracast+: You asked for it! For a low monthly or annual subscription fee, you will receive access to a higher-quality ad-free version of The Paracast, chat rooms, the all-new After The Paracast podcast, featuring politically incorrect color commentary, and other exclusive content. NEW! We’ve added an RSS feed for fast updates of the latest episodes, and The Paracast+ video channel is coming soon. For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: After almost a four-year absence, David Hatcher Childress returns to The Paracast. A self-proclaimed “diffusionist” archaeologist, David is the author of nearly 40 books and has traveled all over the world to investigate and research ancient megalithic sites. He also runs Adventures Unlimited Press, which specializes in “offbeat” titles. One of the more recognizable personalities on TV, David has been a “star” of the popular (and controversial) show “Ancient Aliens” since its inception. Since his last appearance on the Paracast he has written several books including “Vimanas: Flying Machines of the Ancients,” “The Enigma of Cranial Deformation” (with Brian Foerster), and a soon-to-be released book on the Ark of the Covenant in Ethiopia.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

Adventures Unlimited Press: Adventures Unlimited Press Bookstore: Books on Conspiracy, UFO's, Holy Grail, Templar Studies, Mayans, Olmecs

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

I Go to See the 2015 International UFO Congress
By Christopher O’Brien

I recently attended and presented at the Open Minds’ (OM) 2015 International UFO Congress and I’m pleased to report that (in my opinion) this was one of the best UFO conferences I’ve ever attended. And I have attended my fair share over the past 20-plus years.

There were standing-room-only crowds, a roster of mostly outstanding speakers with thought-provoking presentations and Open Minds’ Alejandro Rojas did a superb job emceeing the event with his usual elegance, humor and grace. Space does not allow for a complete rundown of presenters and their topics, but here are some of my personal favorites and highlights from the five-day event.

My close friend and mentor, Zuni Elder Clifford Mahooty, started out this year’s proceedings with an in-depth look at the role of Pueblo Indian traditions related to “Star beings” in their cultural belief system. Clifford is the first Zuni to publicly share this knowledge with the outside world, and his courage and unique insight is to be commended and greatly appreciated by those of us interested in indigenous knowledge as it relates to our understanding of the cosmos.

One of the more controversial talks was Mark Pilkington’s presentation, “The Abuses of Enchantment,” where he illustrated how military and intelligence operators have shaped and exploited beliefs in UFOs, ghosts, monsters, vampires, and elements from folklore and conspiracy theories to create an armory of supernatural weapons of mass deception capable of manipulating consciousness on a grand scale.

At one point when addressing an audience-generated question about his self-professed role in helping hoax crop circles in the UK, Pilkington made the eyeopening statement that “every single crop circle ever made was created by humans.” This statement (and a second reiteration of his claim) did not go over well with the audience, many of whom took exception to his blanket debunking of this beloved mystery. At one point, none other than Stanton Friedman lined up at the audience microphone and accused Pilkington of being a disinformation agent, similar to the many characters Mark had talked about during his presentation. High drama, to be sure!

Mark and I spent several hours during the conference getting to know one another and sharing our insights into many subjects that included the role of disinformation, the paranormal in general and our future projects that are in the works.

Perennial UFO conference favorite Richard Dolan graced the crowd with a polished presentation specifically created for the conference that dove into “UFOs, The Real Power Struggle, and the End Game”

Dolan’s contention is simple and direct: “The UFO phenomenon has transformed our world, but has done so mostly in silence. The presence of ‘others,’ the acquisition of radical technology, and the need for eternal secrecy have contributed to the global system we have today: a nearly complete virtual totalitarianism.”

Dolan provided a well-presented analytical framework for understanding this new system and asked the rhetorical questions: How did we get to this point? How did UFO secrecy contribute to this? What’s coming next? What can we do about it? Richard’s unique band of insight is always thought-provoking, insightful and fact-filled. He also looked great with his new longer hairstyle and was a big hit with his fans and attendees.

Zoologist and Montana native Dr. Joan Bird gave an interesting talk that focused on Montana regional sighting events and addressed the need to educate the public about the UFO subject in order to create a larger audience and reach a tipping point for this information to become mainstream and accepted into mass consciousness. I spent some quality time with Joan and was impressed with her knowledge and passion. We exchanged books and plan to stay in touch. Montana has been the epicenter of major sighting waves, and Joan graciously offered to keep me in the loop about breaking events from that state.

Other presenters included Ruben Uriarte, who brought the attendees up to speed concerning little known cases of UFO sightings and possible crash retrievals along the US/Mexico border. Ben Hansen led a night vision, gear-laden skywatch, and “abductee” Thomas Reed detailed his family’s amazing three generations of abductions and visitations. His unique case is being officially acknowledged and adopted by the Great Barrington/Sheffield, MA, Historical Society.

John Burroughs, a primary witness to the infamous 1980 RAF/Bentwaters Case in the UK, received the “Researcher of the Year Award” for his tireless efforts utilizing the Freedom of Information Act, and announced that his decades-long battle with the Veteran’s Administration to gain access to his official medical records and 18 classified files relating to the UFO incident had produced results.

In a statement, Burroughs and Pat Frascogna, his lawyer, claimed that the U.S. Government had made a “de facto acknowledgement of the existence of UFOs,” based on the Veteran’s Administration finally granting John Burroughs full medical disability for bodily injury while on duty December 26-28, 1980. This was the time period when Burroughs encountered mysterious aerial lights in Rendlesham Forest near the Bentwaters base on two separate occasions. This admission by the V.A. is a potential bombshell and may have profound implications for future FOIA requests.

Frascogna said in a press statement released on the last day of the conference: “The December 1980 Rendlesham Forest incident in the United Kingdom is arguably the most well documented and important UFO encounter in history. A UFO was seen over three consecutive nights by United States Air Force personnel stationed at the twin bases of Bentwaters and Woodbridge, near Ipswich, England [at the time] the largest NATO Air Force base at the height of the Cold War.”

The main marque presenters on Saturday night included a question and answer session featuring Area 51 whistleblower Bob Lazar and Las Vegas investigative reporter, George Knapp, where they gave a summation of the Lazar story and answered audience questions. Despite promises of new revelations, not much in the way of new information was presented. But the session did remind attendees of the possible significance of Lazar’s claims about alleged secret UFO back-engineering at the Nevada facility where Lazar claimed he worked in the late 1980s and early1990s.

The IUFOC Film Festival competition was impressive with several top-notch films vying for top honors, including Mark Pilkington’s Mirage Men. The big winner for 2015 Best Feature and “Peoples Choice Award” went to 2012 winners Jennifer Stein and Ron James’ for their film Travis, which covered the infamous 1975 Travis Walton abduction. Stein, James and I won awards in 2012 for our film It Could Happen Tomorrow. Congrats on the repeat honors to Stein and James!

I’ll end with a couple of suggestions to help keep the momentum moving forward and also to possibly attract more and more young people. It was hard not to notice that the average age of attendees hovered around 60 years old. That said, perhaps Open Minds would consider a special student rate for attending the conference and also consider exploring Internet streaming technology to expand the reach of future conferences for the younger demographic who could attend virtually. The success of the Citizen’s Hearing on Disclosure’s live video stream could be a model to adopt for future events. All in all, congratulations go out to Open Minds for a successful conference. Their team should be proud for a job well done.

Copyright 1999-2015 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

[...] and our future projects that are in the works.
Chris reported he is doing some projects with Mark Pilkington. Well, well, Chris, this is indeed very wise to work with Mark. Fantastic!

Chris, can you tell us some more info about what these projects are about? I'm very impressed you seem to be working with Mark.

Please give us "the scoop"... not just crumbs, please.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Chris reported he is doing some projects with Mark Pilkington. Well, well, Chris, this is indeed very wise to work with Mark. Fantastic! Chris, can you tell us some more info about what these projects are about? I'm very impressed you seem to be working with Mark. Please give us "the scoop"... not just crumbs, please. Thanks. :)
No, we just talked about the projects we are working on separately—not together. I'd love to work on something w/ him, but we're both already busy w/ our own projects...

Ooops, oh well, just wishful thinking on my part.
At one point, none other than Stanton Friedman lined up at the audience microphone and accused Pilkington of being a disinformation agent, similar to the many characters Mark had talked about during his presentation. High drama, to be sure!
Wow, Stanton is being very provocative for his "elderly statesman" role in the UFO community.

Did Mark mention to you his thinking about why he is receiving such a negative response??? I think Mark started working on Mirage Men [book research] when he was still in his mid-to-late twenties. That hardly seems to be "disinformation agent" material. His background is in mythology and why people believe in such mysteries. Do you buy into that possibility that Mark is a disinformation agent, Chris? I don't.

Is he doing anything paranormal related, since you discussed projects? What is he planning next or at some point?

Chris, I hope your Bro can pull through ok. That's quite a picture you came-up with Timothy Good and family, no less, decades ago, it seems. What year?

Best wishes for your brother...

Last edited:
Just keep on looking for those darn UAPs/USO/UFO/ ? excellent news letter Gene. Next big wave of UFOS maybe when US & Russia start shooting each others fighters down.

At one point when addressing an audience-generated question about his self-professed role in helping hoax crop circles in the UK, Pilkington made the eyeopening statement that “every single crop circle ever made was created by humans.” This statement (and a second reiteration of his claim) did not go over well with the audience, many of whom took exception to his blanket debunking of this beloved mystery. At one point, none other than Stanton Friedman lined up at the audience microphone and accused Pilkington of being a disinformation agent, similar to the many characters Mark had talked about during his presentation. High drama, to be sure!

True and as plain as the nose on the face of anyone who bothers to look into this guy and his associates, who blatantly advertise their work on the Circlemakers site as "perception management." Sponsored by MI5 and the CIA, as Colin Andrews learned the hard way.

There must have been more honest people you could have talked with there, Chris.

"Pilkington made the eyeopening statement that “every single crop circle ever made was created by humans.” Sure. But for some strange reason they just can't reproduce the most complex and daunting ones. That's what ought to be called 'eye opening'.

Where's the thumbs down button?

Last edited:
John Burroughs, a primary witness to the infamous 1980 RAF/Bentwaters Case in the UK, received the “Researcher of the Year Award” for his tireless efforts utilizing the Freedom of Information Act, and announced that his decades-long battle with the Veteran’s Administration to gain access to his official medical records and 18 classified files relating to the UFO incident had produced results.

Excellent choice.

True and as plain as the nose on the face of anyone who bothers to look into this guy and his associates, who blatantly advertise their work on the Circlemakers site as "perception management." Sponsored by MI5 and the CIA, as Colin Andrews learned the hard way.

There must have been more honest people you could have talked with there, Chris.

"Pilkington made the eyeopening statement that “every single crop circle ever made was created by humans.” Sure. But for some strange reason they just can't reproduce the most complex and daunting ones. That's what ought to be called 'eye opening'.

Where's the thumbs down button?
Take a chill pill Conny. Mark's not one of the bad guys, he's a realist. I don't agree with all his POVs but IMO he's really on-the-ball and tell's it like he sees it. I'd rather hang w/ a realist than slurp jello w/ the true believer crowd at the kool-aid stand. But that's just me.

Take a chill pill Conny. Mark's not one of the bad guys, he's a realist. I don't agree with all his POVs but IMO he's really on-the-ball and tell's it like he sees it. I'd rather hang w/ a realist than slurp jello w/ the true believer crowd at the kool-aid stand. But that's just me.

What's a 'realist' when we're still wondering what's real? It's just me to be suspicious of people who specialize in perception management.

What's a 'realist' when we're still wondering what's real? It's just me to be suspicious of people who specialize in perception management.
I think the comment made regarding 'perception management' was a tongue-in-cheek poke at the cc true believer crowd busy capitalizing on the "mystery." Just because they are manmade doesn't necessarily diminish their cultural and societal importance. When Mathew Williams was on the show he pointed out that many of the designs were arrived at in a rather mysterious way and sometimes designs were changed and placement coincidences occurred that impressed the makers themselves for various reasons. The fact that people "believe" the formations are real (i.e., made by 'aliens,' 'Gaia,' or something else equally mysterious and/or magical) and they ascribe meaning and importance to the formations, should not be underestimated. Regardless of their origins, they are wondrous, magical works of art that evoke deep archetypal feelings in countless numbers of people—like you "Constance." ;)

No, no, not another crop cricle debate.
I don't know why people can't see the third option.
cropcircles.jpg

No, no, not another crop cricle debate.
I don't know why people can't see the third option.
cropcircles.jpg

Burnt, no one who followed the cc phenomenon in the UK thinks this is an either/or question. Of course many, indeed most, cc in the UK's 'crop circle central' region of England have been manmade. What's beneath contempt is the recent double-think/double-talk issued by Matt Williams and Rob Buttons (a relative newcomer in that scene) claiming paranormal guidance of the cc hoaxers after a decade or more of their ridicule of the paranormal approach to cc, which had been developed over several decades by cc researchers in several disciplines. Mind games, part 2. Harmless now that researchers both scientific and historical have been pressed out of the picture by mind games part 1, regarding which see Colin Andrews, Government Circles, available at amazon. Also see:

Government Circles - Important new book by Colin Andrews

Last edited:
I think the comment made regarding 'perception management' was a tongue-in-cheek poke at the cc true believer crowd busy capitalizing on the "mystery."

Chris, those guys speak with forked tongue. When they tell you they're speaking 'tongue in cheek', you can be sure there's another tongue poking out directly in your face. You'd have to know the history over there to evaluate that soundbite. Don't take my word for it. Start with Colin Andrews's Government Circles, listen to his lengthy presentation at the X-Conference the year that book was published, read Tony Bragalia's comments on Mirage Men, watch Richard C. Hall's documentary on the circles and 'the Circlemakers', etc., if you really want to know the history and bought-and-paid-for intentions of Pilkington et al.

Just because they are manmade doesn't necessarily diminish their cultural and societal importance. When Mathew Williams was on the show he pointed out that many of the designs were arrived at in a rather mysterious way and sometimes designs were changed and placement coincidences occurred that impressed the makers themselves for various reasons.

That line expressed by Matt was a recent change of clothes for the organized hoaxers still active in the UK, propagated in a rather pathetic attempt to maintain interest in UK crop circles after they'd virtually persuaded most people in the world that 'all cc are manmade'. It's almost funny.

Chris, those guys speak with forked tongue. When they tell you they're speaking 'tongue in cheek', you can be sure there's another tongue poking out directly in your face…
I didn't say that's what Mark said. That was my opinion.
That line expressed by Matt was a recent change of clothes for the organized hoaxers still active in the UK, propagated in a rather pathetic attempt to maintain interest in UK crop circles after they'd virtually persuaded most people in the world that 'all cc are manmade'. It's almost funny.
What's almost funny? That the circles are largely hoaxed, or that you believe they are real? You're not making sense. I knew the gig was up when they punked Levengood's lab results by proving a supposedly "real" cc had been hoaxed after all. Is art imitating life, or are live aliens imitating art? Or, are artists imitating aliens? Or, are hoaxers hoaxing the aliens in cahoots w/ the gubmint dudes? Provide us with "the truth," as you seem to have it ALL figured out… Me? I'm certainly convinced that we are all strangely confused... :rolleyes:

I agree that a student discount may be a way of encouraging younger people to turn up to conferences. Considering how intensely young people seem to be interacting with the online world, they should be perfectly placed for UFO exposure because we know it is one of the most searched-for terms online.

Another I-conference might not be a bad idea - I really enjoyed the one a few years back that had Don and Adam Gorightly on it.

I agree that a student discount may be a way of encouraging younger people to turn up to conferences… Another I-conference might not be a bad idea - I really enjoyed the one a few years back that had Don and Adam Gorightly on it.
Hey, I was a presenter too, and dang proud to be a participant in the first-ever on-line "paranormal" conference! This streaming approach is undoubtedly the future of the whole UFO/paranormal "conference" paradigm, IMO...

It baffles me that more paranormal conferences aren't running with the streaming approach. Is someone afraid that there won't be crowds to buy trinkets and books? You won't be able to attract a younger crowd otherwise.

What's almost funny? That the circles are largely hoaxed, or that you believe they are real? You're not making sense. I knew the gig was up when they punked Levengood's lab results by proving a supposedly "real" cc had been hoaxed after all. Is art imitating life, or are live aliens imitating art? Or, are artists imitating aliens?

First, what leads you to believe that you know and can package what I believe? Read what I've written, just above and elsewhere in the Paracast forums.

All cc are 'real' in the sense that they're all there (or were) present in the landscape, on the ground. Do the cc in the Wiltshire region (and others elsewhere on the planet, turning up in obscure locations) all have a single origin? That's one of many questions yet to be answered. One of the mysteries concerning some crop circles is that they remain visible for several years in new crops. Other, more perplexing, mysteries concerning physical changes in plants and soils in some crop circles were identified by W.C. Levengood. If you can be persuaded that several decades of his and other's scientific research on cc plants and soils at the microscopic level must be dismissed because of the case you refer to, then you're ready to believe anything. And that's your privilege of course. You pays your money (and does your research) and then you makes your choice.

Provide us with "the truth," as you seem to have it ALL figured out…

No one has it "ALL figured out." But there is no doubt about the lengthy and purposeful manipulation of the cc phenomenon in the UK and the officially and publicly manipulated disinformation at its core.

Me? I'm certainly convinced that we are all strangely confused... :rolleyes:

Gee, Chris, that was the whole point of the disinformation. ;)

First, what leads you to believe that you know and can package what I believe? No one has it "ALL figured out."
Yeah, my point exactly!
But there is no doubt about the lengthy and purposeful manipulation of the cc phenomenon in the UK and the officially and publicly manipulated disinformation at its core.
So, what's your point? That my original point is spot on? Lest I remind you: Like almost every single category of the so-called "paranormal," crop-circles have a 'trickster' element that effectively hides the true nature of the phenomenon and renders it into that netherworld of "could be, "perhaps," and "maybe." DON'T take me for a fool or an imbecile, 'Constance.' I'm not a simple au contrarian. I thought you knew me much better by now having read my posts for almost 20 years on junjun and now here at the Paracast. I wish everything was all cut-and-dried and had simple answers, but (as you should know by now) there are NO simple 'one-size-fits-all' answers. This is a niggling realm of nuance, slight-of-hand, disclaimers, red-herrings and innuendo. Please tell me: what part of this do you not understand?

Back