• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

World's First Video Webcast to Call "E.T."

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
[When I put booked speakers for our ill-fated Sept 2001 Palenque "Emergence Conference," —featuring John Keel, (it was scheduled for two weekends after 911 and was reluctantly cancelled) I wanted to include a sensitive/psychic in the presenter lineup who had a connection w/ufology and with the Maya. Lyssa was my hands down choice. I think the following is a great idea—obviously I have a problem with the rapturous, true-believer tone, but I think this is an excellent, interactive approach. It will be interesting to see if the event produces any verifiable data. — Chris]

-------------

Dear Chris,

NEWS RELEASE For Immediate Release
[email protected]

World's First Video Webcast to Call "E.T."

PHOENIX, AZ - The new television show Paranormal Matrix will bring the ET phenomenon directly into viewers' homes June 5 with a live video webcast called "Experience: Contact."

World-renowned "contact mediator" and author Lyssa Royal Holt will bring her unique ability exclusively to this event. Holt will lead a group of participants in an attempt to contact extraterrestrial life-- and for the first time ever, let viewers around the world participate live as it happens.

"We've gone beyond questioning whether they exist," said Holt. "We know they do and I am excited to bring the reality of contact with other intelligence in our universe to a worldwide internet audience. It will be a fascinating adventure."

The video webcast will begin at 6pm MST on Saturday, June 5th and will originate from the Spectrum Video & Film studio in Phoenix. Spectrum produces the TV program Paranormal Matrix.

According to Spectrum president Ken Liljegren, "We like to think that Paranormal Matrix is helping all of us to better understand the mysteries of the world we live in. We're really proud to showcase Lyssa Royal Holt and her unique gifts in our first webcast. Our goal is to expand awareness. And there's nobody better than Lyssa."

"Experience Contact" can be viewed at no cost as a promotional special for this first in a series of live video webcasts.

Holt travels the world leading groups in contact meditation and research, and has written four books based on information received from extraterrestrial sources. A recent contact session in the Arizona desert brought reports of alien spacecraft, beings of light and a mantis-like creature. View a video clip at: Paranormal Matrix.

Paranormal Matrix is a magazine-style show that reports in-depth on multiple mind-bending issues. Recent reports include a trip to Iceland where remote and top-secret caves lead to a vast network of underground tunnels, a young couple that believes she got pregnant by angels, and an all-new mysterious case of cattle mutilation.

Visit Paranormal Matrix for hi-res images and further details on the live video webcast.

It's "Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft" all over again. It's so old it's new. The rock group Klaatu apparently knew about this episode (described by Albert Bender below) and composed a song about it, which some of you have probably heard (later covered by the Carpenters and others.)

In 1953, Bender asked all members of the International Flying Saucers Bureau (IFSB) to mentally "broadcast" a message to the space people. Here is exactly what he announced in his IFSB bulletin and his account of the aftermath:

ALL OFFICERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND MEMBERS OF THE INTERNATIONAL FLYING SAUCER BUREAU
SPECIAL BULLETIN: March 15, 1953 is C-Day (Contact Day)

"On March 15, 1953, all officers, representatives and members are asked to participate in an experiment, something that has not yet been attempted by any other group such as ours. We will attempt to send a message to the occupants of the saucers (if they exist) by the use of mental telepathy. Each member will memorize the message on this form, and on the time designated will close his eyes in a quiet secluded spot, lie down if possible, and repeat this message in his mind (do not repeat vocally). If the saucer people are able to pick up mental telepathy they certainly will be able to pick up a message that will be sent by hundreds of IFSB members. We may never know if this message has reached anyone, but if a sudden flurry of saucer sightings occurs in 1953 or soon after our message, or even a saucer landing, we will know that we may have been indirectly responsible for it.

"Members must remember that, in order for mental telepathy to work, you must have nothing on your mind at the time you send the message. You must only think of the person or persons to whom you are sending the message, and repeat it over in your mind. You must not have troubles or worries of any kind in the back of your mind, as this will tend to distract. This experiment is not compulsory to anyone in IFSB; we merely ask you to volunteer your services in trying to make it a success. Everyone participating must do so at the time designated, and not too soon before or after the time shown. We are sending this bulletin far enough in advance so that you may be sure to have your clocks set correctly that day and that the message has been memorized.

THE MESSAGE
(To Be Memorized)

Calling occupants of interplanetary craft! Calling occupants of interplanetary craft that have been observing our planet Earth. We of IFSB wish to make contact with you. We are your friends, and would like you to make an appearance here on Earth. Your presence before us will be welcomed with the utmost friendship. We will do all in our power to promote mutual understanding between your people and the people of Earth. Please come in peace and help us in our Earthly problems. Give us some sign that you have received our message. Be responsible for creating a miracle here on our planet to wake up the ignorant ones to reality. Let us hear from you. We are your friends. (End of Message.)

On March 15, 1953, in my den at Bridgeport at exactly 6.00 pm, I proceeded to take part in the experiment as planned. I put out the lights in my room and then quietly lay down on my bed. After studying the saucers for eleven years, I felt that I would try anything that might help solve the mystery. Saucer investigation had become the biggest part of my life, and I had worked diligently to reach a solution. As soon as I was comfortably situated on the bed, I closed my eyes and began to repeat the message over and over-three times, to be exact.

It was after the third attempt that I felt a terrible, cold chill hit my whole body. Then my head began to ache as if several headaches had saved up their anguish and heaped it upon me at one time. A strange odour reached my nostrils-like that of burning sulphur or badly decomposed eggs. Then I partly lost consciousness as the room around me began to fade away.

Then small blue lights seemed to swim through my brain, and they seemed to blink like the flashing light of an ambulance. I seemed to be floating on a cloud in the middle of space, with a strange feeling of weightlessness controlling my entire anatomy. A throbbing pain developed in my temples and they felt as if they might burst. The parts of my forehead directly over my eyes seemed to be puffed up. I felt cold, very cold, as if I were lying naked on a floating piece of ice in the Antarctic Ocean.

I opened my eyes, and to my amazement I seemed to be floating above my bed but looking down upon it where I imagined I could see my own body lying there! It was as if my soul had left my body and I was hovering above it about three feet in mid-air. Suddenly I could hear a voice which permeated me but in some way did not seem to be an audible sound. The voice seemed to come from the room in front of me, which remained pitch dark.

"We have been watching you and your activities. Please be advised to discontinue delving into the mysteries of the universe. We will make an appearance if you disobey."

I replied in words, though my lips did not move. "Why aren't you friendly to us, as we do not mean to do any harm to you?"

"We have a special assignment," came the reply, "and must not be disturbed by your people."

As I tried to remonstrate, I was interrupted by another statement. "We are among you and know your every move, so please be advised we are here on your Earth."

With this, the voice faded away, but I could sense that something was watching me. My body seemed to drop suddenly and I once again regained my senses and realised I was on my bed. The room was filled with yellow mist. Not far from my bed was a shadow, resembling that of a man, but as I made a move to rise from the bed it disappeared. The yellow mist was gradually fading and my room was becoming normal.

I rubbed my eyes in bewilderment. I couldn't believe that what I had just experienced had been real. I must have dozed off, and with the telepathic experiment on my mind must have had a terrifying dream as a result. Looking at the clock, I noticed it was five minutes past six, which certainly would have allowed time for me to have slept and dreamed.

As I sat up on the edge of my bed I grew sick at my stomach; I felt as if I had eaten something rotten. Had I really experienced something unearthly? I could hardly force myself to rise from the bed. My head still throbbed and the spots over my eyes retained the same puffed feeling.

After a while I got up from the bed and walked about the room. I heard a humming and noticed that my radio was on. I turned it off, as I realised I had not turned it on when I came into the room. The same thing had happened on previous occasions. I was beginning seriously to feel I might be losing my mind. Again I wondered if I should tell anyone about it.

I sat down and made a diary of everything I could remember of the experience, sealed it in an envelope and locked it in the desk. I felt that if anything of a serious nature did happen to me, somebody would find the envelope and would know what had happened that day.

After I convinced myself that I had fully recovered from the experience, I was left puzzled by a smell of sulphur which lingered in my room for two days afterward. This smell had accompanied the other experiences and had been the most physical part of them. This time I opened my windows and used room sprays to get rid of the odour, but this did not completely dispel it. When I went to bed I still could smell it in the bedclothes. This convinced me even more strongly that I was witnessing some very real events and that I would no longer be wise to assume they had been my imagination or dreams."

For some reason this brings back to me a hilarious joke a physics prof of mine once told his class:

SETI receives their first ever strong detection, and an international race is on among cryptographers, biologists, astronomers, physicists, and linguists to decode it. After years of work, the meaning and content of the message becomes apparent. What follows is a decoding of the first ever transmission ever received from deep space!

We all know that every intelligent civilization struggles to obtain sufficient energy to sustain itself. Well fret no more, for today is your lucky day! Billions of years ago the occupants of an ancient star system in the center of our galaxy devised a foolproof method for every civilization in the universe to obtain endless energy for all time! Just follow these simple directions!

Step 1: Hollow out five asteroids and fill them with uranium, thorium, or anything better you might have and send them on their way to the five galactic coordinates below!

Step 2: Remove the top-most set of coordinates from the list of five inhabited star systems below, and add your coordinates to the bottom.

Step 3: Retransmit this message with your coordinates added as powerfully you can on as many frequencies as you can!

Step 4: In a few millennia, you should begin receiving enough fuel to power your civilization forever!

"Contact mediator", ... never heard that one before.

Holt and Greer, sittin in a tree.....
K I S S I N G ,......

and then flashlights in the sky, be sure to tune in.
Hope I can DVR this one.

It was after the third attempt that I felt a terrible, cold chill hit my whole body. Then my head began to ache as if several headaches had saved up their anguish and heaped it upon me at one time. A strange odour reached my nostrils-like that of burning sulphur or badly decomposed eggs. Then I partly lost consciousness as the room around me began to fade away.

Then small blue lights seemed to swim through my brain, and they seemed to blink like the flashing light of an ambulance. I seemed to be floating on a cloud in the middle of space, with a strange feeling of weightlessness controlling my entire anatomy. A throbbing pain developed in my temples and they felt as if they might burst. The parts of my forehead directly over my eyes seemed to be puffed up. I felt cold, very cold, as if I were lying naked on a floating piece of ice in the Antarctic Ocean.

What he describes is very reminiscent of a stroke. It caught my attention straight away due to the familiar symptoms. He might well have had a mini-stroke ( TIA http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=15553). A nasty smell is often the first sign.

Back