• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

world war z

Wade

FeralNormal master
I think you could do a lot worse by making this your next cinema outing. Unlike the man of steel where you had to wait over an hour for things to get moving the bad guys entered the stage about 10 minutes into this one

Although not for little tykes...it was pretty intense....there's no blood and gore and half-eaten running corpses here. The zombies were of the 28 days later variety but it only took 10 seconds for them to convert. Some reviews take issue with the ambiguity of the ending which I think is unjustified. It seems pretty plain to me the producers were keeping the door open for a sequel (called world war zz ??)

My major issue with it is that to me much of the dialogue was muffled it was hard to follow the talking parts when Gerry was trying to track down ground zero both in Jerusalem and with the commando squadron in North Korea. Also the passenger jet sequence which you've all seen in the trailer was a little out there even for a movie like this where you have to check your common sense at the door.

Vicki and I and a friend went to see WWZ. It was PG13 so I had a clue that it would not be that graphic but ... okay there were several tense scenes. I simply felt like a distant observer, no connection what so ever with anyone in the movie. In any good flick you should feel some connection with the actors ... in this I felt almost nothing, and really did not care much about Brad at all. I was disappointed because I had looked forward to this. Unlike Star Trek: Into the Darkness, which I LOVED btw, this was mostly ... blah ....

Decker

I saw it with my wife...I was glad we did not bring the kids....shaun of the dead was a better Zombie movie..all in all it was just ok...
while after earth sucked big time!

The Godfather it was not I'll give you that. but considering the number of re-wriites and re-shoots and delays involved in the making of the movie I tbought all involved pulled it off.

And it did deviate from the book to be sure but given the narrative/oral history of the book I'm not so certain that mode would have made a good transition to the screen. I hope it does quite well and I'm not an especially big "zombie" flick fan.

what I don't have high hopes for is the Scorsese/ DiCaprio movie (wolf of wall street? ) I saw during the trailers. I turned to my gf after it finished and whispered "weird " in her ear, the very next second I heard a guy behind us a couple of rows back same the exact same thing but not as quietly.

I have wondered about this as well. I think the concept that zombies are the result of a viral infection in our interconnected jet age gave life :) to what was a tired concept. It's also a good angle to explain why apes will also dominate the planet in due time. Perhaps the zombies and apes will fight for domination.

There's an idea for a Hollywood movie!

Back