• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Who is Luis Elizondo? (re: DeLonge's TTS/AAS money making media empire)

Glad to see this thread took off, albeit only after more mass media attention. Sad to see Mr. Elizondo seems to have let some of the questions posed by myself, and others, go unanswered for so long. We are hoping he will do an AMA over at Reddit's r/UFOs soon enough where that small community can get some direct questions answered. I will keep you all posted.

As of late, I’ve had some free time on my hands (perhaps too much) in entertaining the idea that Luis Elizondo could possibly be Christopher Mellon’s errand boy. As it were, disclosure’s odd couple.

If given the opportunity, ask Elizondo why Mellon (formerly involved with counterintelligence) is directly involved, with of all things…, UFO disclosure?
And given the time; who initiated first contact under what circumstances?

I’d really like to hear those answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see this thread took off, albeit only after more mass media attention. Sad to see Mr. Elizondo seems to have let some of the questions posed by myself, and others, go unanswered for so long. We are hoping he will do an AMA over at Reddit's r/UFOs soon enough where that small community can get some direct questions answered. I will keep you all posted.

Once I have the actual AmA locked in and scheduled, I will make a new thread here with a link for everybody to participate.

In the meantime, here is our discussion about the aforementioned AmA so far.

Last edited:
Since The Paracast is the “gold standard of paranormal radio” with a fairly large audience & Luis Elizondo is a forum member here, why should he not participate right here?

He certainly cannot be that bashful..., can he?

With all due respect to the Paracast forum, it really isn't the right format for an AMA type of event. Reddit, in particular, is uniquely suited to such threads (being the originator of the AMA, as it happens).

Is there a moderator, or does that allow Elizondo pick & choose the questions he wants to respond to? In addition, if there is a moderator, then who?

BTW, thanks for the response, which is obviously something in which our dearest forum member is either unable or willing to perform.

Then again, I really can’t fault Elizondo for not showing up here and possibly fielding thorny questions.

Is there a moderator, or does that allow Elizondo pick & choose the questions he wants to respond to? In addition, if there is a moderator, then who?

BTW, thanks for the response, which is obviously something in which our dearest forum member is either unable or willing to perform.

Then again, I really can’t fault Elizondo for not showing up here and possibly fielding thorny questions.

There is a team of moderators which will filter out obvious trolls and memes but, ultimately, it is Elizondo who chooses which questions he will answer. It is not uncommon for AMA subjects to ignore uncomfortable questions entirely.

There is a team of moderators which will filter out obvious trolls and memes but, ultimately, it is Elizondo who chooses which questions he will answer. It is not uncommon for AMA subjects to ignore uncomfortable questions entirely.
In other words, it makes no difference, other than here; there are those whose knowledge is arguably superior when in attempting to peal out the truth/facts, and the likelihood of Elizondo simply receiving free publicity is guaranteed over @ the other shindig.
Sweet

There is a team of moderators which will filter out obvious trolls and memes but, ultimately, it is Elizondo who chooses which questions he will answer.

That's the way it should be but likely not the way it would be were Mr. Elizondo to subject himself to hostile questioning by an anonymous group of internet posters either here or at reddit.

In other words, it makes no difference, other than here; there are those whose knowledge is arguably superior when in attempting to peal out the truth/facts, and the likelihood of Elizondo simply receiving free publicity is guaranteed over @ the other shindig.
Sweet

As opposed to here? After looking over the threads here, people are overtly hostile and entitled. I'm only interested in having a discussion and giving everybody (including Mr. Elizondo) an opportunity to ask questions and clear the air. A lot of people seem to have their minds made up about this already (looking at you Grant Cameron) so why even bother? Not only that, if all this is a flop, then you'll be right in the end anyway; so why waste the energy running around poor mouthing the whole thing?

I'll post the link to the AmA once we have everything scheduled, in the event any folks here would like to ask their questions and see the responses to others. Hope you all had a great New Year!

As opposed to here? After looking over the threads here, people are overtly hostile and entitled.

Versus

Lue,

We have a serious group of researchers who would also like to hear from you over at www.reddit.com/r/UFOs

I know there are plenty of people there who are not aware of this forum and eagerly await what you and the rest of the folks at TTS have to say.

Thank you for your effort!

-LC, PhD

As opposed to here? After looking over the threads here, people are overtly hostile and entitled. I'm only interested in having a discussion and giving everybody (including Mr. Elizondo) an opportunity to ask questions and clear the air. A lot of people seem to have their minds made up about this already (looking at you Grant Cameron) so why even bother? Not only that, if all this is a flop, then you'll be right in the end anyway; so why waste the energy running around poor mouthing the whole thing?

I'll post the link to the AmA once we have everything scheduled, in the event any folks here would like to ask their questions and see the responses to others. Hope you all had a great New Year!

If Elizondo were forthright, there would be no need for any of this nonsense, as there seems to be the need to sooth the self-inflected gaping wound the man has created with additional obfuscation.

As opposed to here? After looking over the threads here, people are overtly hostile and entitled.

Personally i think you've misread the vibe here.
People are passionate about this topic, something i think they have in common with Mr Elizondo. By all accounts his views on the subject and the public's need to know are in fact very closely aligned with the view of many if not most here.

His passion for the topic as evidenced by the reports of his interactions with his superiors and subsequent resignation to further advance the matter seem very well reflected in the mindset here.

There are opinions both sides of the debate on what UFO's are here, and i think that's a neat microcosm of exactly what TTSA will be facing in the larger public domain.

Personally i think the Paracast is the perfect place to bench-test his ideas and presentations.

Ultimately its up to him though.

But thus far @Lue has been doing the media circuit to present his views and information, and the Paracast podcast is media tailored to present this genre to people with a real interest in it.

Personally i think you've misread the vibe here.
People are passionate about this topic, something i think they have in common with Mr Elizondo. By all accounts his views on the subject and the public's need to know are in fact very closely aligned with the view of many if not most here.

His passion for the topic as evidenced by the reports of his interactions with his superiors and subsequent resignation to further advance the matter seem very well reflected in the mindset here.

There are opinions both sides of the debate on what UFO's are here, and i think that's a neat microcosm of exactly what TTSA will be facing in the larger public domain.

Personally i think the Paracast is the perfect place to bench-test his ideas and presentations.

Ultimately its up to him though.

But thus far @Lue has been doing the media circuit to present his views and information, and the Paracast podcast is media tailored to present this genre to people with a real interest in it.

All I have to go from is what I've read so far in other threads. And you're correct, this is all up to him. I'm just trying to facilitate a space where the public at large can have direct access to ask the questions they would like to have answered. My main drive being that this subject be treated with the seriousness it deserves, and the only way we are going to get closer to that is an open dialogue. I'd rather have MORE information to sift through rather than LESS; leaving nothing but assumption.

My main drive being that this subject be treated with the seriousness it deserves, and the only way we are going to get closer to that is an open dialogue. I'd rather have MORE information to sift through rather than LESS; leaving nothing butassumption.

And i'm confident that's the view of most people here too.

Again i wouldn't confuse passion with hostility, @Lue himself "argued" with his superiors

Elizondo, in an internal Pentagon memo requesting that the videos be cleared for public viewing, argued that the images could help educate pilots and improve aviation safety. But in interviews, he said his ultimate intention was to shed light on a little-known program Elizondo himself ran for seven years: a low-key Defense Department operation to collect and analyze reported UFO sightings.

I'm sure that came from his passion for the subject, not overt hostility on his part. Its a passion in good company here.
Many of the people here myself included take a scientific view of the topic in the expectation that we can advance our own science by researching the phenomena.

"I left to find an environment where investigating these phenomena is priority number one,” he said.

The Paracast and its membership fit that description nicely imo.

I'm sure the members here would be grateful for any additional info when he is able to give it, and would be as respectful as they are passionate about UFO's and what they might be.

Back