• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Where are you most likely to see a ghost?

dccruibay66

Paranormal Novice
Are there places that seem to have a higher likelihood of encountering a ghost? I'm trying to make up a list of places, i.e. cemeteries, schools, theaters, abandoned farms etc.

Also, narrowing the focus even more, where would you say ghosts are more likely to be seen in the places named above? My idea is if the researcher can narrow down high percentage places then MAYBE we will have better results. What do you think?

You have to be in a place that had intense human drama, such as murders, suicides, and places that meant a great deal to the previous living resident, which makes them want to hang around there, or unfinished personal business ties---them to that spot. Graveyards are always the automatic/default go-to place, because of all the passed on people there, with their own reasons for being there. Check out abandoned prisons and insane asylums. My take is, it's all about the history of the spot. If I myself decided to go off ghosthunting, the FIRST place I'd go, is to concentrated Civil War drama sites, like Gettysburg. http://haunted-gettysburg.com/

Aside from the ones mentioned above, hospitals. Anywhere where people died, especially if it's a traumatic death. Cemeteries aren't as 'haunted' as you might think. You'll have better luck at old battlefields, hospitals and old native american burial grounds. I recommend against the native american, however, because you never know what to expect in locations like that. It could be really comforting or there could be some very negative and ominous feelings. You don't want to disturb old native american burial grounds and land because there could be unforeseen consequences.

Places where it can be concisely documented that one or more people have committed suicide---that's my recommendation. My only ghost sighting was of a suicide, at the site where the poor dude did himself in.

i used to run ghost's on a daily basis on-site, so in answer to thread title, any big job i was on..

6 men sign in, 4 stay and work, 2 disappear for 5/6 hours to other work, then return, and 6 sign out, after 8/10 hours.

thems proper ghost's, i loved em.

Are there places that seem to have a higher likelihood of encountering a ghost? I'm trying to make up a list of places, i.e. cemeteries, schools, theaters, abandoned farms etc.

Also, narrowing the focus even more, where would you say ghosts are more likely to be seen in the places named above? My idea is if the researcher can narrow down high percentage places then MAYBE we will have better results. What do you think?

If you've heard of 'The witching hour,' which is 3am, I reckon between 00:00 and 03:00 should be the best time window to see a ghost?

Whats funny about that though, is if you wonder why many spooky things of the dead are supposed to happen at night in darkness, only half of the world at any time is in darkness and you would think discarnate entities that don't exist on our plane would not have 'days' or 'nights' surely? Perhaps they just come out in the dark in the region they came from?

There has been some speculation that running water - creek, stream, underground spring, river, etc. and limestone are a combination often associated with ghostly encounters. I think people associate "ghosts" with negative energy...places where bad things happen...but, it seems just as likely that positive energy would leave an imprint too.

the Winchester house! I saw what appered to be a shadow panther there! my kids saw an old woman in a room that when showed a photo of Mrs Winchester identified the woman they saw as her! (I and my wife did not see the woman but due to the fact the kids were really upset I do NOT believe they were seeing things!)

Back