• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

When hosts don't agree with a thread

I wish the guests would have on the dev team for Photoshop and ask them why in the hell they dont add a Rotate Canvas feature or tear off custom brush palettes ala Painter. Everyone in my profession would sure as hell apprciate it.

Not that that's a paranormal topic, mind you.. but still...

David Biedny said:
The Pair of Cats said:
Good. Get 'em back on the show and blast them then!!! .
Feel free to bury any lunatic with a half baked theory. That would be preferential to doing it the next show or the next ...etc,.etc.
If the hard questions need to be asked, then ask them. That would at least be refreshing. What's missing is that hard edged tackling of the knob jockeys such as Sims, Greer and co. When you did it was gold!
You at least had a bit of a go at Carey and Schmitt but you stopped short of giving them a proper dressng down.
And what would it accomplish i hear you say? Bloody good podcast material and put the world of ufology on notice that morons such as those mentioned will not be tolerated,,anymore!!!

And , yeah get a psychoanalyst on to explain Korff's psychosis and while he's there get him to look at every other wack job that has appeared on the show.

C'mon David. Give the ones who deserve it, all of this vitriol and anger that you have in bucket loads and give it to them the moment they appear on your show and expresses any opinion that you deem crap, while there still on air with you. We love it!!!.

We know your not a debunker but a SKEPTIC in the true and healthy sense of the word.

Don't let the bastards get you down!!!

So wait, you want us to screw over the folks who you don't agree with, all for your pleasure? If we do that, who is going to return to the show? It's not easy to populate the show with guests - look what the C2C folks have to bring on in order to do a show every night. If we bash everyone the way you want us to, who'll be left? Jeff Ritzmann is gonna get bored being on every week... though I never get bored speaking to him.

We'll do what we want, when we want it. If we want to take a guest to task during the broadcast, great, if we want to comment on someone the week after they're on, that's good too. It's all good, even if te audience doesn't think so.

And as far as politics goes, I'm going to do something about that shortly after my return to the US, but it will have no link to The Paracast. Howard Beale is coming back to the air, I've been inspired by Argentina. I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gong to take it anymore. You'll see. :D

It comes down to this: The Paracast is one of the few shows of its type where the hosts aren't afraid to give their honest opinions. We aren't constrained by the standards of a radio network that doesn't want to offend anyone. And we won't manufacture opinions for ratings, as some talking heads do (and I don't need to tell you who they are -- most of you probably know :) )

Obviously some people don't like that, but that's too bad!

David Biedny said:
And as far as politics goes, I'm going to do something about that shortly after my return to the US, but it will have no link to The Paracast. Howard Beale is coming back to the air, I've been inspired by Argentina. I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gong to take it anymore. You'll see. :D

Kind of a side-note, but people who have not seen "Network" from 1976 really should. It is an excellent movie that speaks to much of what is going on today. RIP Peter Finch, you left something important behind.

I've had to change my account twice, but have posted literally hundreds of threads, and can't recall them deleting any of them. Maybe one on the Barton Mansion. I did a search awhile back and couldn't find it. I posted a vid where some slurred cussing is in it, so that might be why. This was when I was new around here.

I think the OP is being selective. Look at all the threads here where Gene and David clearly disagree, yet they remain up. They are both moderators and mods delete threads, so I'm not surprised this happens from time to time. I'm not sure of the nature of the threads the OP is referring to however.

Personally it's their forum and we're guests as I view it. The day I don't like how things are handled, I'll leave quietly and find somewhere else to discuss etc.

The "I'm a Leo remark". Who's this referring to, David? If so, I didn't think he was into astrology etc. People might be reading into his remarks a bit much. I've only been on one radio show, and was nervous due to this sort of thing . Anything you say is picked apart etc and people often make mountains out off mole hills blah blah.

Paranormal Packrat said:
The "I'm a Leo remark". Who's this referring to, David?

Stanton Friedman. He's a Leo. He's a performer. He's a ufologist. David's impression of Stan usually starts off, "I'm a Leo...."

DamnDirtyApe said:
I wish the guests would have on the dev team for Photoshop and ask them why in the hell they dont add a Rotate Canvas feature or tear off custom brush palettes ala Painter. Everyone in my profession would sure as hell apprciate it.

That would be awesome. Ten versions and I can't rotate the canvas. I guess I could start a fundraiser and buy a Cintiq...

-todd.

David Biedny said:
We'll do what we want, when we want it. If we want to take a guest to task during the broadcast, great, if we want to comment on someone the week after they're on, that's good too. It's all good, even if te audience doesn't think so.

That's fine, just don't act so shocked when you recieve criticism. Like it or not you're public figures now, so you'd better get used to it.

David Biedny said:
Howard Beale is coming back to the air, I've been inspired by Argentina. I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gong to take it anymore. You'll see. :D

Just remember what happened to Beale in the end. Low ratings... BLAMMO!

CapnG said:
That's fine, just don't act so shocked when you recieve criticism. Like it or not you're public figures now, so you'd better get used to it.

David Biedny said:
Howard Beale is coming back to the air, I've been inspired by Argentina. I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gong to take it anymore. You'll see. :D

Just remember what happened to Beale in the end. Low ratings... BLAMMO!

Actually, I've been widely published in the tech world for almost 25 years now, so I'm used to being a "public figure" and all it entails, especially given the opinionated nature of some of my editorial writing.

Beale dies at the end of the movie, and we all die at the end of our own personal stories, so no worries there. I always thought that immortality was highly overrated, imagine how a vampire's feet smell... feh. Yoda's underwear has GOT to be just.... nasty. ::)

David Biedny said:
Beale dies at the end of the movie, and we all die at the end of our own personal stories, so no worries there.

That's true but it wasn't really what I meant. First Beale fights the system, then the system adopts him, then he worships the system and finally the system disposes of him.

Moral of the story: You can fight the system all you like but it will live on and you will die.

David wrote:
It's all good, even if te audience doesn't think so.

Yeah, but it must irritate you that most of your audience prefers the real Stanton to your Leo cracks.

p.s. -- really enjoyed the show with kenn thomas

Gene Steinberg said:
We aren't constrained by the standards of a radio network that doesn't want to offend anyone. And we won't manufacture opinions for ratings, as some talking heads do (and I don't need to tell you who they are -- most of you probably know :) )

Obviously some people don't like that, but that's too bad!

You just wait We will be offending everyone by this time next year.

Offending people is good for ratings so get to it man!

MotorCity said:
Yeah, but it must irritate you that most of your audience prefers the real Stanton to your Leo cracks.

p.s. -- really enjoyed the show with kenn thomas

No, not really. While guests sometimes irritate me, the audience is mostly good.

Glad you enjoyed the Kenn Thomas interview, I thought it was quite weak. There's no accounting for taste, right?

cottonzway said:
David Biedny said:

Kind of a side-note, but people who have not seen "Network" from 1976 really should. It is an excellent movie that speaks to much of what is going on today. RIP Peter Finch, you left something important behind.

I tried the rental store but they didn't have it:(

Paranormal Packrat said:
cottonzway said:
David Biedny said:

Try Netflix.

Gee, look at all the love...

So did everyone suddenly run out of their supplies of Xanax?

Amazing, look at all these folks who hate the show... and cannot seem to keep themselves from listening. Fascinating.

Word of the day: masochism.

Discuss.

Paranormal Packrat said:
cottonzway said:
David Biedny said:

try Visart video on 7th Street...they have a lot of oddities and hard to finds. I watched "Network" in a film studies class...loved it!

Raevenskye said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
cottonzway said:
David Biedny said:

try Visart video on 7th Street...they have a lot of oddities and hard to finds. I watched "Network" in a film studies class...loved it!

Thanks, never heard of that place. I hate driving downtown though. Oh, sorry "Uptown" snicker.

David Biedny said:
Gee, look at all the love...

So did everyone suddenly run out of their supplies of Xanax?

Amazing, look at all these folks who hate the show... and cannot seem to keep themselves from listening. Fascinating.

Word of the day: masochism.

Discuss.

It's like the Howard Stern radio show. I heard the people that hated him listened to the show more hours than people that were fans.

Back