• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

When hosts don't agree with a thread

The Pair of Cats

a.k.a Philip Deane
Is it just me or does it seem that when a host doesn't agree with a thread it just gets removed? No more discussion on the matter?
Wow i thought they would have been more thick skinned than that!

No - we had a thread that went on for more 60 pages, which was going absolutely nowhere. It wasn't really a discussion, more like a campaign by the FIGU/Billy Meier supporters. I think it got locked for a while and then re-opened after other forum members wanted to continue with their rebuttals of the pro-BM rebuttals. I was already finding it tedious by about page 40...it's in the 'UFO Contactee' forum, you can't miss it.

I think DB did want to lock the 'Moon Landing Hoax' thread, but was talked out of it.

I can't remember what the other one was.

Maybe they should change their tagline to "We love to hear from our listeners... unless of course they criticize us, in which case we'll delete their post and they should pray to god we don't ban their ass!"

Freedom of speech... it's not for everyone...

CapnG said:
Maybe they should change their tagline to "We love to hear from our listeners... unless of course they criticize us, in which case we'll delete their post and they should pray to god we don't ban their ass!"

How about changing it to . . . "I'm a Leo!"

Bwhahahah

Sorry.

-DBTrek

I thought the thread was reasonably civilised up until that point and then it went to a "mean and nasty place" to quote DamnDirtyApe.
Do you think that maybe David has copped a lot of criticism from various quarters and was maybe just blowing off a little steam when he went on that tirade?

It was fine until it got politically infested. Apparently people saw the title and thought it was a Biedny gangbang. Guess I'll have to make future thread titles more specific.

Wait a minute . . . David blew up *before* it got political. Then people were offended at him blowing up and got snippity about it . . . and THEN it got political. It seemed to me that people were complaining and mad on all sides before the politics entered in.

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
Wait a minute . . . David blew up *before* it got political. Then people were offended at him blowing up and got snippity about it . . . and THEN it got political. It seemed to me that people were complaining and mad on all sides before the politics entered in.

No... politics invaded the discussion on page 2... DB himself didn't appear until page 3. Gene did make a statement at the beginning of the thread in David's defence but that's not really the same thing.

I might have missed it but why did they stop taking their guests to task on the show? It would seem to be more appropriate and honest to do it that way.
Sorry if this has already been answered in a previous post or thread.

CapnG said:
No... politics invaded the discussion on page 2... DB himself didn't appear until page 3. Gene did make a statement at the beginning of the thread in David's defence but that's not really the same thing.

Ah . . . you're right. Forgot about the FOX News thing. I was sorta lumping that in with another criticism of David's presentation.

Next Sunday the entire show is going to be Stanton Friedman impersonations and Bush/FOX News bashing . . . just to provoke the listeners.

. . . well, maybe not . . . but it'd be kinda funny.

-DBTrek

In the name of "freedom of speech" (as if a SINGLE Gringo understands the meaning of that term), I've reopened the thread in question. So go ahead and tell me to stop bashing Stanton Friedman, fire away. And has anyone read the newest Kal Korff thread? There's some comic gold in there, seriously. Feel free to post in there, telling me to leave the freak alone.

As far as not taking guests to task on the show...

Anyone hear when we had on Shmitt and Carey, and my response when they claimed to be the "only" serious Roswell researchers?

Or perhaps you'd like us to throw someone to the lions, eh?

Sean David Morton has asked to come on the show again, should we bring him on and abuse him until he cries?

Or maybe we'll bring Korff on, I'll apologize to him for how mean I've been, and then have a psychoanalyst come on and explain his psychosis to him?

Go ahead, don't hold back, tell us what you want.

Good. Get 'em back on the show and blast them then!!! .
Feel free to bury any lunatic with a half baked theory. That would be preferential to doing it the next show or the next ...etc,.etc.
If the hard questions need to be asked, then ask them. That would at least be refreshing. What's missing is that hard edged tackling of the knob jockeys such as Sims, Greer and co. When you did it was gold!
You at least had a bit of a go at Carey and Schmitt but you stopped short of giving them a proper dressng down.
And what would it accomplish i hear you say? Bloody good podcast material and put the world of ufology on notice that morons such as those mentioned will not be tolerated,,anymore!!!

And , yeah get a psychoanalyst on to explain Korff's psychosis and while he's there get him to look at every other wack job that has appeared on the show.

C'mon David. Give the ones who deserve it, all of this vitriol and anger that you have in bucket loads and give it to them the moment they appear on your show and expresses any opinion that you deem crap, while there still on air with you. We love it!!!.

We know your not a debunker but a SKEPTIC in the true and healthy sense of the word.

Don't let the bastards get you down!!!

CapnG said:

That's absolute rubbish. And the only people we've banned are the ones who get abusive, or post spam. A bunch of Meirites have been banned, would you like them back on?

Freedom of speech doesn't exist in this world. If you post shit on here, you'll be asked to stop, those who don't honor that request are denied the ability to do so. There is a community standard in online forums, and if the moderators feel that someone steps outside of those standards and gets abusive, the offender is banned.

The Pair of Cats said:
Good. Get 'em back on the show and blast them then!!! .
Feel free to bury any lunatic with a half baked theory. That would be preferential to doing it the next show or the next ...etc,.etc.
If the hard questions need to be asked, then ask them. That would at least be refreshing. What's missing is that hard edged tackling of the knob jockeys such as Sims, Greer and co. When you did it was gold!
You at least had a bit of a go at Carey and Schmitt but you stopped short of giving them a proper dressng down.
And what would it accomplish i hear you say? Bloody good podcast material and put the world of ufology on notice that morons such as those mentioned will not be tolerated,,anymore!!!

And , yeah get a psychoanalyst on to explain Korff's psychosis and while he's there get him to look at every other wack job that has appeared on the show.

C'mon David. Give the ones who deserve it, all of this vitriol and anger that you have in bucket loads and give it to them the moment they appear on your show and expresses any opinion that you deem crap, while there still on air with you. We love it!!!.

We know your not a debunker but a SKEPTIC in the true and healthy sense of the word.

Don't let the bastards get you down!!!

So wait, you want us to screw over the folks who you don't agree with, all for your pleasure? If we do that, who is going to return to the show? It's not easy to populate the show with guests - look what the C2C folks have to bring on in order to do a show every night. If we bash everyone the way you want us to, who'll be left? Jeff Ritzmann is gonna get bored being on every week... though I never get bored speaking to him.

We'll do what we want, when we want it. If we want to take a guest to task during the broadcast, great, if we want to comment on someone the week after they're on, that's good too. It's all good, even if te audience doesn't think so.

And as far as politics goes, I'm going to do something about that shortly after my return to the US, but it will have no link to The Paracast. Howard Beale is coming back to the air, I've been inspired by Argentina. I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gong to take it anymore. You'll see. :D

No, I want you to "screw over the guests" (your words) that you don't agree with ON the show for the good of ufology in general ,if these people are as bad as you say they are.
It doesn't seem to bother you that you screw some of the guests over after the show or on subsequent shows , does it!

You think that these guest don't listen to the podcasts? You don't think they have their friends contact them and tell them "hey i heard David Biedny slam your ass after you were on", or other prospective guests who might be asked on get a little nervous when they hear some of the podcasts or even browse the forums?

You can't have it all.
Either way your gonna piss somebody off , sometime!

Anyway, we still love you David. ROCK ON!!!

Back