• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What do you guys think about the flat earth theory?

Well I was hoping you guys knew a bit more about this. I'll have to check it out myself a bit deeper when I get more time and return to discuss further.

8 inches per mile they say it's supposed to curve down, but simple tests not verifying this. I wish I had time to go to the beach with a telescope myself. What about these multi national treaties made to keep people off antarctica? I only barely know of the surface points. I imagine among those that know the info the debates would go deep. And again, I don't believe anything necessarily, I just like looking into things with an open mind. Ill be back, and I just might blow your minds with what I find. Might not be a flat earth. Could be mini squatch. Get ready.

What if reality is only what we collectively believe at any given moment, a constant formula of overall belief? Like if we all fell asleep at the same time the hologram would collapse and god would go 'holy crap, im fully awake. Time to go back to sleep and have a fantastic dream...'

Wait a sec... He said no one's seen any dinosaur bones, that the Smithsonian claims they're hidden safe from the public but that no giant human bones were ever found which supposedly have been found! Smells fishy to me.
If they smell fishy, maybe they are mermaid bones? You need to investigate the cover up of mermaids. There are YOUTUBE videos waiting for you to watch on this conspiracy to hide the existence of Altantean mermaids.

Just watch one and see what you think.

He's got many. I can look deeply in maybe one point if anyone wants to point one out they feel is absolutely (dis)provable It's just for me I wouldn't know what to believe either way on anything. With so much information and disinformation and no time to research it's hard to really say what's going on, for me at least.

Here's another good one where he explains his pov on our beloved aliens as they fit into the flat earth model:

Now stop being a bunch of know-it-alls. Unless of course you are at least where this subject is concerned and help me, one point at a time to see the absolute undeniable truth.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions, in fact people do not question enough.

I think the reason that the flat Earth "theory" causes so much animosity is because of the battle that went on long ago, between religion and science, and believe it or not people lost their lives, liberty and property because they dared to tell the truth about the shape of the "Globe".

It is often thought that in the middle ages everybody thought the Earth was flat, but the reality is that the Earth was described as a Globe as early as 600 BC if not before (that is at least two and a half thousand years ago) This knowledge was attributed to Pythagoras (but it could have come from one of the students of his school). Parmenides and Empedocles certainly knew it (500 BC).

Graham Hancock believes that the the Great Pyramid at Giza is a scale model of the Globe realised in geometric form.
IF this is true than it implies that the Ancient Egyptians knew full well that the world is round, the above ground part of the Pyramid can be dated to around 2,000 BC two thousand years before Christ and 4,000 four thousand years before today.

In a nutshell people who promote the flat Earth theory have other agendas (usually a mixture of Religion, money and fame) that is how I guessed that dubay was a creationist without seeing any of his "work".

If I had the money I would pay for dubay to take a flight in a U2 Spy plane, and he could see the curvature of the Earth for himself from 80,000 feet.

If I had magic powers I would prohibit dubay from using any kind of technology built by people who believe that the Earth is a Globe.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, sometimes liars tell the truth and occasionally a madman speaks sense, there are questions science doesn't have an answer to, but the shape of the Earth isn't one of them.

I don't think anyone on this forum is a "know it all", in fact the vast majority of people are here to learn and exchange information.

By seeking to learn about the paranormal you must expose yourself to all sorts of information, and unfortunately there are many people along the road looking to scam and deceive you, and they are not just after your money, they crave our attention and respect, but always remember that those belong to you and you alone, don't give them away too cheaply.
But also never underestimate how clever, sly and devious people can be, particularly when they believe what they are saying is "true" and especially when they have a "mission".

Saying all that has reminded me of possibly why people didn't take kindly to your question, no one wants to be associated with going backwards, we need to advance our knowledge to a point when we truly understand what "reality" is, not just make up answers that suit us (or our beliefs).

I like watching documentaries, but they have a tendency to over exaggerate and omit or include information that suits their film, but they are a great way to inspire further research, and with internet access you literally have information at your fingertips that academics or librarians 30-40 years ago could not imagine possible and for free!

The entire collection of the library of Alexandria would probably have fitted on one Hard Drive.
We didn't get to this point by believing the world is flat.

Science and religion can coexist as long as they are restricted to their respective domains.

Personally I use science to explain the world around me, and theology (my own brand) to cope with it ;)

To cut an overly long story short, if dubay was arguing that "heaven was flat" I could not scientifically show him to be wrong, that is a definite grey area when it comes to "science" .

There is nothing wrong with asking questions, in fact people do not question enough.

I think the reason that the flat Earth "theory" causes so much animosity is because of the battle that went on long ago, between religion and science, and believe it or not people lost their lives, liberty and property because they dared to tell the truth about the shape of the "Globe".

It is often thought that in the middle ages everybody thought the Earth was flat, but the reality is that the Earth was described as a Globe as early as 600 BC if not before (that is at least two and a half thousand years ago) This knowledge was attributed to Pythagoras (but it could have come from one of the students of his school). Parmenides and Empedocles certainly knew it (500 BC).

Graham Hancock believes that the the Great Pyramid at Giza is a scale model of the Globe realised in geometric form.
IF this is true than it implies that the Ancient Egyptians knew full well that the world is round, the above ground part of the Pyramid can be dated to around 2,000 BC two thousand years before Christ and 4,000 four thousand years before today.

In a nutshell people who promote the flat Earth theory have other agendas (usually a mixture of Religion, money and fame) that is how I guessed that dubay was a creationist without seeing any of his "work".

If I had the money I would pay for dubay to take a flight in a U2 Spy plane, and he could see the curvature of the Earth for himself from 80,000 feet.

If I had magic powers I would prohibit dubay from using any kind of technology built by people who believe that the Earth is a Globe.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, sometimes liars tell the truth and occasionally a madman speaks sense, there are questions science doesn't have an answer to, but the shape of the Earth isn't one of them.

I don't think anyone on this forum is a "know it all", in fact the vast majority of people are here to learn and exchange information.

By seeking to learn about the paranormal you must expose yourself to all sorts of information, and unfortunately there are many people along the road looking to scam and deceive you, and they are not just after your money, they crave our attention and respect, but always remember that those belong to you and you alone, don't give them away too cheaply.
But also never underestimate how clever, sly and devious people can be, particularly when they believe what they are saying is "true" and especially when they have a "mission".

Saying all that has reminded me of possibly why people didn't take kindly to your question, no one wants to be associated with going backwards, we need to advance our knowledge to a point when we truly understand what "reality" is, not just make up answers that suit us (or our beliefs).

I like watching documentaries, but they have a tendency to over exaggerate and omit or include information that suits their film, but they are a great way to inspire further research, and with internet access you literally have information at your fingertips that academics or librarians 30-40 years ago could not imagine possible and for free!

The entire collection of the library of Alexandria would probably have fitted on one Hard Drive.
We didn't get to this point by believing the world is flat.

Science and religion can coexist as long as they are restricted to their respective domains.

Personally I use science to explain the world around me, and theology (my own brand) to cope with it ;)

To cut an overly long story short, if dubay was arguing that "heaven was flat" I could not scientifically show him to be wrong, that is a definite grey area when it comes to "science" .

Finally someone who can state their opinion or knowledge without a need to put someone down. That's a whole other forum called self respect.

I guess with my lack of knowledge I just need to investigate more deeply anything I'm told by anyone. I've just really been learning the last few years how little I understand which has taught me that I can't really even begin to try to understand anything new until I've cleaned my slate of all the false knowledge I've picked up naively. Thanks for your thoughtful input.

Finally someone who can state their opinion or knowledge without a need to put someone down. That's a whole other forum called self respect.

I guess with my lack of knowledge I just need to investigate more deeply anything I'm told by anyone. I've just really been learning the last few years how little I understand which has taught me that I can't really even begin to try to understand anything new until I've cleaned my slate of all the false knowledge I've picked up naively. Thanks for your thoughtful input.

"know thyself"

That is the most important step, and the hardest.

The fact that you realise and accept that you want to learn and add to or improve your knowledge, means that it will be a pleasant rather than an arduous journey.

My experience has been the more knowledgeable the person, the more questions they have.

I believe there will always be more questions than answers, and at the end of the day questions are what separate us from animals, I would love to know what the first question was? and what was the answer? or is that wrong and do animals ask questions?

I believe that all people at some point ask some very basic questions, and they are what am I? where am I? where did I come from and where am I going?
(alternatively you could say: who are we? where are we? where did we come from? and where are we going?)

I could list all the answers I have found out for myself, but they are my answers.
You have to find your answers. And the only way to do that is by asking questions :)

The more you ask, the more you will know, and the more you know, the more you will ask.

Best wishes.

"know thyself"

That is the most important step, and the hardest.

The fact that you realise and accept that you want to learn and add to or improve your knowledge, means that it will be a pleasant rather than an arduous journey.

My experience has been the more knowledgeable the person, the more questions they have.

I believe there will always be more questions than answers, and at the end of the day questions are what separate us from animals, I would love to know what the first question was? and what was the answer? or is that wrong and do animals ask questions?

I believe that all people at some point ask some very basic questions, and they are what am I? where am I? where did I come from and where am I going?
(alternatively you could say: who are we? where are we? where did we come from? and where are we going?)

I could list all the answers I have found out for myself, but they are my answers.
You have to find your answers. And the only way to do that is by asking questions :)

The more you ask, the more you will know, and the more you know, the more you will ask.

Best wishes.

I think the first one from the first instance of sentience was a very popular one often asked today being "WTF?"

Any person with consumer level electronics can point a telescope into space and see other spherical bodies. There are countless amateur photos of Mars, it is a sphere, you can see this with your own eyes. The moon, is a sphere, I have seen so with my own eyes through a telescope, there is curvature to it. The idea that every other celestial body around us is spherical, but Earth is somehow flat, is enough for me to call BS. I don't even need to delve into the science.

Am I to really believe that there are giant ice walls at the edge of Earth?

Why is it that if we are in say Washington DC and travel in one direction that we ultimately reach the same place.

So for example, if we travel due east:

- We leave Washington DC and cross the Atlantic.

- We arrive in Portugal, then Spain, travel across the Mediterranean and pass through Italy, then Greece, then Turkey.

- We travel from Turkey to Armenia then Azerbaijan and then cross the Caspian Sea to Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and finally China.

- We have a long land travel across China, eventually crossing the Bohai Sea through to North Korea.

- From North Korea we cross the sea over to Japan and then across the Pacific Ocean (passing North of Hawaii) and eventually get to California.

- We travel from California across the United States until eventually we reach the Atlantic ocean.

- We reach the ocean only to realize that we are back in Washington D.C.

Question.

How is it that if we travel in one direction (in this example, Due East), that eventually we arrive back in the same place?

Now - many will argue that who here has actually travelled in one direction across the earth. That is a fair point.

However, many folks all over the world have travelled many of those individual segments (due east) on a smaller scale and all of them are verifiable.

For example:

- Many folks have traveled from California to Washington DC.

- Many have crossed the Atlantic Ocean from Washington DC to Portugal

- Many have travelled from Portugal to Spain

- Many have crossed the Mediterranean from Spain to Italy and from Italy to Greece...

And so on...

All of these individual paths in a singular direction (in this example: east) are easily verifiable.

Given this very simple example.

How is it that if we were to leave one place on earth (in this example, Washington D.C.) and travel in just a single direction (in this example, East) that eventually we arrive back in Washington DC?

Actually I wish I'd seen this one before. It actually addresses those that believe in UFO's. It's interesting to say the least. I only wonder why everyone is so quick to dismiss it. I couldn't say either way for sure, on any issue for that matter. I'm just hoping others will figure it out.

Okay what about this upcoming August eclipse? Just saw an interesting video covering the interesting fact that the eclipse shadow is expected to be moving across the US from West to east coast but that shouldn't be possible if the earth was rotating also west to east. And then some nasa guy explained that the moon is actually the cause of the shadows movement as it orbits the earth(west to east also) farther than the earth rotates in its axis. I think I got that right. So if I got it wrong correct me, otherwise that's pretty darn interesting.

And while I'm here I'll say I do find it interesting to say the least that the majority of the earth being water can be sucked into the surface of a sphere. I just don't have any other reference to compare that to. I've only seen it rest flat. I guess it's just hard to imagine it ever so slightly curving across a ball. I mean, even if you agree with it, don't you find it difficult to imagine?

Never invalidate your negative beliefs. They exist for the purpose of contrast, so that you can choose whatever (competing) belief you prefer. This is the concept of the Triad, two beliefs being observed from a point of neutrality, neither belief invalidated regardless of the choice of one belief or another.

You weren't naive, you were conditioned by family, society, friends, etc. before you could do anything about it. Now you can so examine everything you have learned understanding that there should be no judgement ("naive") about having beliefs that are out of alignment with your True Self. That is the way physical reality works and is why you chose to be here in this Transformative Age.

IMG_0061.JPG Thankfully the Cosmic Cat balances the flat earth.

Awe c'mon. Seriously, explain to me this eclipse problem.
Look at this thread and tell me nothing is fishy about the way the mod handles it. How about just the silly mathematics. I don't do much math but I don't see how math matters. Either we rotate faster than the moon orbits us or not. If Im wrong someone correct me here

Why does the eclipse go from West to East? « Eclipse2017 - Blog

And do believe the link in there to nasa's explanation? That animation...

I understand why some of the supposed arguments might start someone believing the flat earth exists but for myself, it is silly and flies in the face of obvious facts.

I don't think there is a conspiracy and I know the earth is pretty much spherical...:p

Any person with consumer level electronics can point a telescope into space and see other spherical bodies

That pretty much nails it doesn't it.

Either they are spherical and the earth is an exception to the rule and is flat, or they are flat too and just by chance are all aligned so that they face us.

I understand why some of the supposed arguments might start someone believing the flat earth exists but for myself, it is silly and flies in the face of obvious facts.
Anything that can be imagined exists but in the case of a flat earth, not here.

I don't think there is a conspiracy and I know the earth is pretty much spherical...:p

There are those, which may or may not include the OP, who have unconsciously connected to a reality where the Earth is flat. They may have the info 'bleeding in' from parallel lives and this data inflow can be perceived as real in this physical reality. I.e. it becomes very 'real' to them and, many times, seek supporting evidence rather than considering all POV and allowing that exploration to lead them to a more objective than subjective decision.

There have been cases where flat-earthers have simply disappeared, maybe they connected so strongly to a flat earth environment they literally followed their preferences. :eek:

Lol, then I better stay away from Antarctica so I don't mysteriously fall off the edge I create with my powerful belief.

Okay, I see your opinions. Are they facts? Let's take them one by one. Show me with three or whatever that they proof undeniably either its NOT flat or the earth is a sphere, starting with the eclipse shadow direction issue first. Or if you insist we put it on hold. What's the most undeniable proof? If there's something already mentioned in this thread then just point me to the post number. Haven't had time to look too much into it, but this eclipse shadow thing really caught my attention. ALSO the Indonesian(or close) flight to LA that made an emergency stop in Alaska for the woman in labor. That's only evidence but it self really needs an answer. Why did they in fact go 'up' to Alaska. I'll get a link... How is this eclipse shadow going to go east??

Lol, then I better stay away from Antarctica so I don't mysteriously fall off the edge I create with my powerful belief.
Missed the point. You may prefer to believe that the Earth is flat, but in this physical reality that we share, we have collective beliefs that all of us agree to, like gravity or the necessity of oxygen, and one of those is that we live on a near-spheroid planet, spheroid by the required nature of the way objects of size form under the laws of the universe we live in? Are you living in a world where gravity or oxygen (or a spherical planet) is not present?

Okay, I see your opinions. Are they facts? Let's take them one by one. Show me...
You've made up your mind, enjoy your path.

Back