• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

We Need Your Help!

This is so obviously a Biedney sock-puppet that it's actually a bit embarrassing **hides in shame**:cool:
Wrong, I don't even know the guy. But an expected reaction when logic finally crashes all of your shit theories -- turn to personal attacks because you are out of material. Typical.

In a nutshell...

I have an ego. It sometimes asserts itself. I take these topics seriously. I am not an entertainer, I'm an experiencer looking to get a handle on what I've seen. I call people on their bullshit as I see it, I Reserve The Right To Be Wrong At All Times, and I don't suffer fools lightly. I'm a flawed human, as are we all. I do not claim to have any answers to these mysteries, and when someone claims that THEY have the answers, I ask for proof, whether physical or logical. If they don't have it, I express my opinion about how they don't have the answers.

And when someone attacks me, I attack right back.

That's it.

Now, I'm going back to hang out with my adorable cousins. We're gonna eat ice cream, and laugh. I highly recommend these activities for all.

dB

In a nutshell...

I have an ego. It sometimes asserts itself. I take these topics seriously. I am not an entertainer, I'm an experiencer looking to get a handle on what I've seen. I call people on their bullshit as I see it, I Reserve The Right To Be Wrong At All Times, and I don't suffer fools lightly. I'm a flawed human, as are we all. I do not claim to have any answers to these mysteries, and when someone claims that THEY have the answers, I ask for proof, whether physical or logical. If they don't have it, I express my opinion about how they don't have the answers.

And when someone attacks me, I attack right back.

That's it.

Now, I'm going back to hang out with my adorable cousins. We're gonna eat ice cream, and laugh. I highly recommend these activities for all.

dB

?Dave, seriously, I honestly think you sometimes take a manichean view which really isn't helpful.

Sure, there is bullshit but look at the different view taken on some Meier material in a recent programme : you can't just draw a 'with me or agin me' line in this field even on the most apparently 'obvious' cases - so anything beyond that is so grey that ... well.;)

?Dave, seriously, I honestly think you sometimes take a manichean view which really isn't helpful.
Manichean. Calvinist. You Yankees sure do talk funny.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Okay let me say.

The middle ground - which you're so keen to claim - outside of some 'extreme' the parameters of which you don't define - doesn't really exist. So, you seek an apparently strong 'rational' middle ground commentator - who is really an egotistical bully.

Fromm would have a field day:cool:.

to repeat Blacknight's statement:

... get the sense that there are camps developing. The Birnes' are certainly major players in the "field". They are formidable opponents to have, even if only by "moral suasion". And it appears there's some issue as between Ritzmann/Vaeni and Gene/David (although they carefully avoided any comments during Nancy's comments). Personally, I think that is the greater loss than is the Birnes'. I find those two very intelligent, funny and thought provoking.

In any case, is there really room in this "field" for all these feuds? I can see fundamental disagreements on issues, but it all seems so personal and irresolvable. Ultimately it becomes petty and issues-bereft. The paranormal arena is a big enough rock to push up the mountain without being burdened with camps based on personal disputes and personalities. It does make things interesting, for sure. But I'm not sure it's good for serious consideration of issues.

While you really need to blow the chaff from the wheat in most everything you observe or read, or listen to on this subject, that damn rock does require a whole heckuva lot of bodies to push it up the hill.

In any case, is there really room in this "field" for all these feuds?
It would be cool if we could set up some 'Paranormal Celebrity Boxing' matches in Vegas. I smell potential profit.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

It would be cool if we could set up some 'Paranormal Celebrity Boxing' matches in Vegas. I smell potential profit.
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

I second that thought! however, the statement re: whether or not there is enough room in this field for these feuds belongs to Blacknight... ;)

I second that thought! however, the statement re: whether or not there is enough room in this field for these feuds belongs to Blacknight... ;)

I want to see Mr. dB vs. Stephen Bassett personally. I don't know why, but I think David has a mean right uppercut, and it would prove most victorious against Bassett's lizard neck.

Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. IMO Birnes is part of what's wrong with the field and you guys are best not being associated with them in any way.

I realize that advertising is part of the way things work and we all need money etc.. but since this field is already a laughing stock to mainstream science, any association (even remotely) with his brand of "journalism" just makes things worse and perpetuates the perception that UFOS are all about the BS hucksters and loony "believers"

Paranormal truth seekers need to maintain the HIGHEST integrity and honesty if one is to work for wider acceptance and recognition. IMO since the field is given such little respect from the start, it behooves the Paracast to OVER compensate on this regard. Sort of like when a judge recuses himself from trial to avoid even the slightest perception that they are not impartial. Along those lines, I would have always preferred a disclaimer at the front of every show saying that your advertisers and guests do not necessarily represent the views of the hosts.

Since I consider myself a "hopeful skeptic".. for me rationality and integrity to oneself come first and foremost above making money or being popular. That is why I have so much respect for the show and especially Dave, who I disagree with on many many social subjects, but can always trust to deliver the truth as he sees it. I hope you guys don't ever sell out your standards for popularity or money like so so many others do.

There are plenty of non confrontational "entertainment" focused paranormal shows without a shred of critical inquiry to them. Let them have their fun, but the ONLY paranormal show I listen to know when I want more than mere diversion is the Paracast.

Hell I would be all over a show that brings in a respectful/honest expert skeptic/debunker to discuss why certain cases are flawed in his views, and then have guys like Dave or Macabee or Ted Phillips or an experiencer astronaut etc debate the evidence...The way it stands now, Dave ends up being the defacto skeptic all the time, but I'd love to see him argue FOR a photographic case that someone else deems fake. All in the name of getting to the core truth as best we can.

In my field, we have an expression that you have to be "prepared to eat your babies" if that's what it takes.. and this field needs people willing to do just that and walk away from long held pet beliefs and favorite stories if the evidence compels them. Take Stan Friedman for example.. he just can't walk away from the MJ12 docs (or the nuts and bolts ETH) because they are his babies and he cant let them go, and his pride would be hurt..doesn't matter how much repeated evidence call the beliefs into question. But you don't want false pride in the field of science. If you are wrong you have to admit it and move on. Sadly Freidman does not seem able. Despite him being a nice guy and probably believing in what he says and having worked very hard to bring some respect to the field, from an outside viewer, all his past work falls immediately into question when he defends the MJ12 docs. The world is going to look for every opportunity to demean people in the paranormal world, so you can't really screw up at all in a major way or else you leave yourself open to being marginalized once and for all.

Some people like Birnes don't care about that, since for them the scientific method is only a buzzword to gain legitamacy. I'm talking about the Macabbe or Phillips types who see themselves striving to a more rigorous standard. Nancy Talbot tried to portray herself as that as well, until you guys did what you do best and let her show her true colors and agenda.

I haven't read all the post but does she state a episode where you do? I kinda do remember you guys saying something along the lines that he still believes in UFO cases that come out to be frauds or something I don't really remember and I'm probably thinking of someone else.

God Nancy really lost the plot with David. Exposing charlatans is vital and Nancy has to understand people who have had genuine experiences are tired of the bullshit and so called ufologists like Greer and peckman dont help the situation the Paracast does.

This all just makes me sad. :(

Nancy Birnes seems like a very sweet and- in essence- reasonable person. And J&J are doing a show that has actually turned out to be really really good and has had some truly fascinating discussions. And the Paracast continues to be excellent.

I think all involved have a lot they can agree on, even if there have been some words exchanged. And I think David, Gene, Nancy, Bill, Jeff, and Jeremy are all good, decent people who could probably work it all out. It's a shame.

This all just makes me sad. :(

Nancy Birnes seems like a very sweet and- in essence- reasonable person. And J&J are doing a show that has actually turned out to be really really good and has had some truly fascinating discussions. And the Paracast continues to be excellent.

I think all involved have a lot they can agree on, even if there have been some words exchanged. And I think David, Gene, Nancy, Bill, Jeff, and Jeremy are all good, decent people who could probably work it all out. It's a shame.
Ah yes, why can't we all get along?

Well, not to mention names, but sometimes an ego or two or three gets in the way.

Meantime, in our continuing efforts to provide a little extra cash for David and myself, we're running a test ad campaign from New Vitality, who makes a health food remedy for prostate difficulties, known as Beta Prostate.

That explains all the big banners, and the new radio spots.

We also did an 11-minute infomercial that you'll be hearing on both The Paracast and The Tech Night Owl LIVE.

Obviously, we have lots of listeners in the appropriate age category for this sort of product (or perhaps a male relative that fills the bill), so if it intrigues you at all, give it a try. They will be watching the numbers carefully. If enough of our regular readers and listeners order Beta Prostate in sufficient quantities, they'll keep the campaign going.

It'll actually give us a small stipend each month so we can expand our cuisine beyond Burger King. :D

David

I have listened to all the shows and it is a proven fact that you or Gene never called Bill a fraud , too bad Bill has to have his wife go to battle for him. This is non issue.....Shame on you Bill Birnes.

Marko

Back