• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

We Need Your Help!

gotta do some looking to see if I can find that reference that made me think he owned American Idol. it could have been a tv show, like Entertainment Tonight, or something like that.
anyway, thanks for the links, Schuyler. kind of cool having our own resident internet guru/researcher on board!

gotta do some looking to see if I can find that reference that made me think he owned American Idol. it could have been a tv show, like Entertainment Tonight, or something like that.
anyway, thanks for the links, Schuyler. kind of cool having our own resident internet guru/researcher on board!

I'm a librarian. So is my wife. I can't help it. I'm too old to change and I can't learn new tricks. My spices are in alphabetical order. Our kids say it's good we found each other so we didn't ruin two other people's lives. :frown:

He is one of the most respected music producers in the world. He sponsored Paul Potts, for example, a spectacular find on BGT, to a worldwide career as a respected tenor. (I was turned on to Potts by someone here on the Paracast, btw, who posted on Susan Boyle.)

I don't really care about music or TV that much. Neither are part of my life because they are too noisy. I like quiet. I'd much rather read a book. Oh, and then there are those internets. I admit to addiction there!

I once read Simon's short biography which I picked up from the local library. I came away feeling that Simon is the artistic anti-christ but also a marketing and entrepreneurial genius with serious balls/confidence.

I believe his big breakthrough in the music business was the completely organic :) collection of songs by WWF Wrestlers he put together which sold a Million copies. I think this says a lot about him and his abilities in the music industry.

At the same time, he is a good judge of whether someone has great traditional singing technique who he can then run through his marketing machine. He also has a lot of personality and calls it like he sees it which people find very entertaining in a field where people are often told by friends and family that 'everyone is a winner!" That is probably the closest simularity to the paracast.

IMO Simon is just as much the head of a successful marketing agency than a music producer. His show is really genius in that it is essentially a giant focus group exercise which he can use to tell him who his record label should sign, all the while making tons of money on advertising and getting world wide exposure for his new performer.

Discovering the next Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Iggy Pop is not something he is gonna do. Finding the next Clay Aiken or Kelly Clarkson, yes. I think it's safe to say that most bands that I would consider great, he would probably raise his eyebrows at or at least have some serious critisms of. Hence, he won't be putting out any ground breaking music....... ever!

I'm gonna have to say ........ I totally relate to that as well :) My wife will spend 30 mins telling me about her day at work over dinner and then the first thing out of my mouth will be something like, "So yeah, I was listening to an interview with Jacque Vallee the other day, and man this is what he thinks....."

I'm lucky she tolerates me :) but I wish there was an Irish pub near my house that had a great jukebox, great selection of beer and rationale people who were into talking about the paranormal and music. Vahala!

I'm gonna have to say ........ I totally relate to that as well :) My wife will spend 30 mins telling me about her day at work over dinner and then the first thing out of my mouth will be something like, "So yeah, I was listening to an interview with Jacque Vallee the other day, and man this is what he thinks....."

I'm lucky she tolerates me :) but I wish there was an Irish pub near my house that had a great jukebox, great selection of beer and rationale people who were into talking about the paranormal and music. Vahala!

I think they call that heaven.

You know what's funny? I'm blessed.

Yes, me, the guy who has been called The UFOlogical Godzilla, asshole, prick - and all in just the last week - by folks who haven't had a date in years, and yet, my big fat loud self has a gorgeous, brilliant and successful honey who loves to talk about this stuff, and is one of the biggest fans of the show. Just the other day, we were on the phone (she's off at a conference - no, NOT UFOs, a professional gathering of her peers, she's risen to the absolute top of her profession), I was talking to her about the excellent interviews happening this week, and all of a sudden, I realized I was running at the mouth, and said, "you don't really want to hear about all this stuff, right?", to which she responded that she loved hearing all about it, and to please continue. And the thing is, she really meant it, she's totally into these areas and has given me some truly great insights into both the topics and the personalities involved - and man, she's been right on every time. Lordy Be, I love that woman.

So for such a big, mean Calvinist witch hunter bully, I'm one lucky MoFo. And no, I'm not trying to rub anyone's faces in it, I'm just sharing the fact that I'm blessed.

:)

dB

I've got a gal that I can not complain about. Yeah, she can be a bitch...but it's all worth enduring for those droplets of sweetness. Three times over.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Sounds like you guys got great spouses!

My hubby is also a wonderful spouse (in many ways) but he's not so interested in UFO's or hearing me talk about them, too much or for too long.

YET he DOES love to watch any/all UFO shows on History Channel and elsewhere on TV/movies!

And he DOES get in that mood once in a while...but usually he just says that: 'There's nothing we can definitively know about them or really do about them, so why think/talk about them a lot? *shrug* So Paracast is my UFO buddy in that regard! :D

Well, as long as we're all sharing...

Once upon a time I persuaded a disinterested and sceptical Mrs Leaf Tea to attend her first ever UFO conference (back in the days when I attended such things). I promised her that it would help explain my interest, that it would really expand her mind and that it would bring us even closer together. It would show her that this subject had merit!

Like the innocent she was she agreed to join me and was thanked for her trouble by sitting through a weekend of insights from such "researchers" as,

The teenager who was convinced that his friend had briefly transformed himself into a reptilian alien in the doorway of Boots the Chemist whilst they were both out shopping. (He had pencil sketches to prove it)

Derrel Sims.

A member of the Aetherius Society scouting for new cult...sorry, club members.

Someone who absolutley knew that disclosure was going to happen next year (this was 1990)

Derrel Sims.

A paranoid "researcher" who was utterly convinced that they were out to get him because he knew too much about flying saucers (the guy was almost 70)

Derrel Sims.

The fact that we're still married, and have been for nearly 20 years, is testament to her peculiar and rather miraculous devotion to me.

We never did speak of that weekend but I know it's still there, silent and watchful and available for use at Mrs Leaf Tea's discretion should I ever suggest such mind expanding techniques again.

(Bixyboo - The Paracast is my secret UFO buddy too!)

Well, as long as we're all sharing...

Once upon a time I persuaded a disinterested and sceptical Mrs Leaf Tea to attend her first ever UFO conference (back in the days when I attended such things). I promised her that it would help explain my interest, that it would really expand her mind and that it would bring us even closer together. It would show her that this subject had merit!

Like the innocent she was she agreed to join me and was thanked for her trouble by sitting through a weekend of insights from such "researchers" as,

The teenager who was convinced that his friend had briefly transformed himself into a reptilian alien in the doorway of Boots the Chemist whilst they were both out shopping. (He had pencil sketches to prove it)

Derrel Sims.

A member of the Aetherius Society scouting for new cult...sorry, club members.

Someone who absolutley knew that disclosure was going to happen next year (this was 1990)

Derrel Sims.

A paranoid "researcher" who was utterly convinced that they were out to get him because he knew too much about flying saucers (the guy was almost 70)

Derrel Sims.

The fact that we're still married, and have been for nearly 20 years, is testament to her peculiar and rather miraculous devotion to me.

We never did speak of that weekend but I know it's still there, silent and watchful and available for use at Mrs Leaf Tea's discretion should I ever suggest such mind expanding techniques again.

(Bixyboo - The Paracast is my secret UFO buddy too!)

Yeah, by God, I think I remember that one . . .

Decker

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

About all my better 1/3 (I'm kinda big) knows about The Paracast is when she walks up behind me at the PC and says "You're always on that site."

I can't even get her interested in the subject. She is too busy watching shows about "little people" and people that have too many damned kids that have somehow stayed on the air for more than one episode.

Back